Part 8: Ballyowen, LucanBack to List
Archived item. This item is published here for historical reasons. The information below may be out of date.
Notice is hereby given of the proposal to provide the following scheme by South Dublin County Council of proposed works for the open space at Bewley Grove, Mount Bellew Way & St. Andrewâ€™s Fairway and the provision of car parking at Willsbrook Park, Mount Bellew Way and the R136 (Outer Ring Road).
The proposal includes for 2no. options at this site Ballyowen, Lucan
The proposal consists of 2no. options:
Option A: Closure of right of way with provision of a fence and piers.
- Provision of a fence to match existing adjacent fence on Mount Bellew Way to be installed from the end of the existing fence running parallel to Mount Bellew Way to the end of the hedgerow at St. Andrewâ€™s Fairway. Concrete piers to be provided at intervals as required.
- All ancillary works
Option B: Enhancement of right of way & provision of car parking/ set downs
- Provision of a new 2m wide footpath/ walkway from Mount Bellew Way to Bewley Grove
- Provision of a new 2m wide footpath/ walkway from Mount Bellew Way to St. Andrewâ€™s Fairway
- New landscape design, public lighting in association with the new footpaths
- Provision of vehicular set down area along Mount Bellew Way (opposite the school), including realignment of existing footpath and provision of a raised pedestrian crossing
- Provision of new public car park at Willsbrook Park with new vehicular entrance from Willsbrook Road with associated works
- Provision of a vehicular set down area on the R136 (Outer Ring Road)
- All ancillary works
The proposal has undergone Appropriate Assessment Screeningunder the Habitats Directive (92/43/EEC).
Plans and particulars of the proposed scheme will be available for inspection or purchase at a fee not exceeding the reasonable cost of making a copy from Tuesday 27th of August 2013 to Tuesday 8th October 2013 at the following locations:
- South Dublin County Council Offices, County Hall, Tallaght, Dublin 24 between the hours of 9:00 am â€“ 5.00pm Monday to Thursday and 9.00am - 4.30pm on Friday (Inspection and purchase)
- Clondalkin Civic Centre, Ninth Lock Road, Clondalkin, Dublin 22 between the hours of 9:00 am â€“ 5.00pm Monday to Thursday and 9.00am - 4.30pm on Friday (Inspection only)
- Lucan Library, Superquinn Shopping Centre, Newcastle Road, Lucan, Co. Dublin between the hours of 9.45 am to 8 pm Mon to Thurs. 9.45am to 4.30pm Fri to Sat. Closed Saturdays and Mondays of Bank Holiday Weekends (Inspection only)
- The plans and particulars can be viewed on South Dublin County Councilâ€™s website â€“ www.sdcc.ie
Written submissions or observations with respect to the proposed development dealing with the proper planning and sustainable development of the area in which the proposed development would be situated may be made up to 4.30pm on Wednesday 23rd October 2013and must be addressed to;
Development, Economic & Transport Planning Department.
South Dublin County Council, County Hall,
Tallaght, Dublin 24.
Submissions by email may be made to firstname.lastname@example.org