Construction of Grange Road Cycle and Walking Scheme and Enhancement of the Streetscape along Grange Road, Rathfarnham, Dublin 14 and Dublin 16Back to List
South Dublin County Council
PLANNING & DEVELOPMENT ACT 2000 (Part XI) (As amended)
Public Consultation Procedure under Part 8 of the Local Government (Planning and Development) Regulations 2001-2013
Pursuant to the requirements of the above, notice is hereby given of the proposed provision by South Dublin County Council of a cycling and walking scheme and public realm improvement scheme from Nutgrove Avenue in the north along Grange Road to Taylors Lane in the south.
The project involves the construction and upgrading of a walking and cycle scheme and public realm improvement scheme on Grange Road, in Rathfarnham Dublin 14 & 16. The proposed public realm improvements are adjacent to a number of Protected Structures.
Grange Road represents an important link in the Greater Dublin Area Cycle Network Plan as it is crossed by Primary Route S05 and Secondary Route 10B runs along it. Primary Route S05 is a proposed radial route stretching from Dun Laoghaire to the N4. The recently constructed Grange Downs Shared Pedestrian and Cycle Facility forms part of this route linking Rathfarnham to Dundrum/Churchtown.
A new pedestrian entrance and plaza are proposed at the corner of St Enda’s Park and junction with space with Sarah Curran Avenue.
The development will primarily consist of off road cycle tracks, wider pedestrian routes and landscaping.
The scheme is funded by the National Transport Authority under its Sustainable Transport Grants Scheme. The Public realm improvements will be funded by South Dublin County Council.
Plans and particulars of the proposed scheme will be available for inspection or purchase at a fee not exceeding the reasonable cost of making a copy from Thursday 3rd of December to Wednesday 10th February 2016 at the following locations:
- South Dublin County Council Offices, County Hall, Tallaght, Dublin 24 between the hours of 9:00 am -5.00pm Monday to Thursday and 9.00am -4.30pm on Friday (Inspection and purchase)
- Whitechurch Library, Taylor’s Lane, Ballyboden, Dublin 16, Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday 2.00pm to 5.00pm and 6 to 8pm. Wednesday 9.45am-1pm and 2-5pm. Closed Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Library closed from Friday 18th of December 2015-to Sunday 3rd January 2016.
- Ballyroan Library,Orchardstown Avenue, Rathfarnham, Dublin 14, Monday –Thursday 9.45am-8.00pm, Fridays and Saturdays 9.45-4.30pm (Closed Saturday and Mondays of bank holiday weekends).
The plans and particulars can be viewed on South Dublin County Council’s website-www.sdcc.ie
Submissions or observations with respect to the proposed development, dealing with the proper planning and sustainable development of the area in which the development would be situated may be made in writing or by e-mail on or before 5.00pm on Wednesday 10th February 2016, to
The Senior Executive Officer,
Land use Planning and Transportation,
South Dublin County Council,
County Hall, Tallaght, Dublin 24. Or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org NOTE: Please make your submission by one medium only. All submissions should include your name and a contact address.
It should be noted that the Freedom of Information Act applies to all records held by South Dublin County Council.
All advertised information, maps and drawings in relation to South Dublin County Council is available on our website 24 hours a day seven day a week.
In relation to the Part 8 Notice for the Grange Road walking and cycle scheme and public realm improvements scheme that is currently at public consultation stage:
Members of Council staff will be available to answer queries on the Proposed Grange Road Walking and Cycle Scheme and Public Realm Improvement Scheme, at South Dublin County Council Offices, County Hall, Tallaght, Dublin 24. Between Monday 1st February to Thursday 4th of February 10am-12pm, inclusive. Please ask for a member of the Forward Planning Team.
- 15.194 - Ecological Assessment Report
- 15.194 AA Screening - Grange Road Cycleway
- Grange Road Cycle Scheme S1 RSA Rev1.pdf
- Grange Road Part VIII Report - Issued_A.pdf
- Newspaper Notice
- TGRA001 Arboricultural Impact Assessment Rev A.pdf
- TGRA001 Tree Protection Strategy.pdf
- TGRA001 Tree Survey Report - Updated.pdf
- Tree Survey Drawings.pdf