Emergency Temporary Closure of a section of the R116 Edmondstown RoadBack to List
Archived item. This item is published here for historical reasons. The information below may be out of date.
COMHAIRLE CONTAE ÁTHA CLIATH THEAS
SOUTH DUBLIN COUNTY COUNCIL
Roads Act 1993 Section 75
Emergency Temporary closure of a section of Edmondstown Road
To facilitate emergency essential remedial works along the bank of the Owendoher River tributary, South Dublin County Council has made an order to temporarily close a section of R116 Edmondstown Road, between the Merry Ploughboy Public House and the R113 Tibradden Road from Tuesday 14th November 2017 for a period of up to one year.
Local access will be maintained.
Detour signs will be erected.
From the North / Dublin / Rathfarnham etc
- Edmondstown Road will remain open to a point 150 metres beyond the Merry Ploughboy Public House
- Edmondstown Road south of the above location: All vehicles must divert via the R115 Scholarstown Road – Stocking Lane – Mount Venus Road to its junction with Edmondstown Road or
- From Edmondstown Road travel east on Taylor’s Lane, turn right onto Whitechurch Road, south to the R113 Tibradden Road and west to its junction with Edmondstown Road.
For traffic travelling from the south along the R116 you are required to divert either
- West along the R115 Mount Venus Road-Stocking Lane-Scholarstown Road to its junction with the R116 Edmondstown Road or
- East along the R113 Tibradden Road and north along Whitechurch Road to its junction with Taylors Lane. West on Taylors Lane takes you to the start of Edmondstown Road.