Proposed Temporary Closure of Road Lanes and Roads in Lucan AreaBack to List
COMHAIRLE CONTAE ÁTHA CLIATH THEAS
SOUTH DUBLIN COUNTY COUNCIL
Roads Act 1993, Section 75
Proposed Temporary Closure of Road Lanes and Roads in Lucan Area
To facilitate the 5 Mile Road Race, South Dublin County Council propose to temporarily close the following road lanes and roads in the Lucan area on Sunday 8th September 2019 from 10.30am to 12.30 pm.
- Newcastle Road – Supervalu roundabout to Tandy’s Lane Junction (Southbound)
- Lock Road – Tandy’s Lane to Castlegate Way (Southbound)
- Lock Road – Castlegate Way to Canal (Southbound)
- Adamstown Ring Road/Adamstown Avenue – Roundabout on the Outer Ring Road to junction of Castlegate Way (Westbound)
- Castlegate Way – Adamstown Avenue to Lock Road (Eastbound)
Alternative Routes: -
- Newcastle Road - Motorists will still be able to access the N4 from Supervalu. Motorists travelling southbound will be diverted via Hillcrest or Esker Drive. Residents living in Westbury Estate will be able to turn left.
- Lock Road - As above, motorists can access Adamstown and Esker via Tandy’s Lane and Esker Road. Residents in Finnstown will be directed to turn right when the way is clear from runners passing.
- Lock Road – Motorists will be diverted to the Adamstown Ring Road via Castlegate Way and Adamstown Avenue (this will be open Eastbound)
- Adamstown Ring Road/Adamstown Avenue – Motorists will be diverted to the Outer Ring Road and the New Nangor Road.
- Castlegate Way – Both Castlegate Way and Adamstown Avenue will be open in one direction. All residents exiting the estates will be able to turn left and loop road.
- Local access will be maintained
- Detour signs will be erected.
Any person interested may lodge an observation/submission in writing to the Senior Executive Officer, Land Use, Planning and Transportation, South Dublin County Council, County Hall, Tallaght, Dublin 24 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 5.00 p.m. on Monday 26th August 2019.