Coucnil Banner Image

Council Meetings

Lucan Area Committee Meeting - 18th December 2018 Agenda


Date:
18/12/2018 15:00
Location:
Council Chamber
Standing Orders:
View

Headed Items

H-I (1)

Submitted by:
LAC Meeting Administration
Responsibility:
LAC Meeting Administration

Confirmation and Re-affirmation of Minutes of Meeting of 27th November 2018

Libraries & Arts

Correspondence

Cor (1)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (2)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts

NEW WORKS (No Business)

H-I (3)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts,Orla Scannell

Application for Arts Grants (No Business)

H-I (4)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Bernadette Fennell,Libraries & Arts

Library News & Events

Economic Development

Correspondence

Cor (2)

Submitted by:
Economic Development
Responsibility:
Economic Development

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (5)

Submitted by:
Economic Development
Responsibility:
Economic Development

New Works (No Business)

Motions

Mot (1)

Submitted by:
Councillor G. O'Connell
Responsibility:
Michael McAdam

That this Area Committee requests that a meeting be arranged by this Council for the relevant staff and Councillors from Fingal County Council and the relevant staff and Councillors from the Lucan LAC to receive a report/update on the feasibility study into Silver Bridge and to propose/agree a schedule going forward.

 

Performance & Change Management

Correspondence

Cor (3)

Submitted by:
Performance & Change Management
Responsibility:
Performance & Change Management

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (6)

Submitted by:
Performance & Change Management
Responsibility:
Performance & Change Management

New Works (No Business)

Corporate Support

Correspondence

Cor (4)

Submitted by:
Corporate Support
Responsibility:
Sheila Kelly

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (7)

Submitted by:
Corporate Support
Responsibility:
Corporate Support

New Works (No Business)

Public Realm

Questions

Qu (1)

Submitted by:
Councillor R. Nolan
Responsibility:
David Fennell

"To ask the Chief Executive to give a report on the tarmac paths in Griffeen Park. A lot of them appear to have burn marks and look very unsightly. Does the management have any plans to resurface the damaged paths?"

 

Qu (2)

Submitted by:
Councillor D. O'Brien
Responsibility:
David Fennell

"To ask the Chief Executive for a report as to why there is no lighting in the evening in the Lucan Skate Park?"

 

Correspondence

Cor (5)

Submitted by:
Public Realm
Responsibility:
Public Realm

Correspondence(No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (8)

Submitted by:
Public Realm
Responsibility:
Public Realm

New Works (No Business)

H-I (9)

Submitted by:
Public Realm
Responsibility:
Suzanne Furlong

Final Report - Teenage Facility Survey

Motions

Mot (2)

Submitted by:
Councillor D. O'Brien
Responsibility:
Suzanne Furlong

Cathaoirleachs business

That this Area Committee request the Chief Executive provide a report on the new Teen Space Programme and for this report to include what areas in the Lucan LEA will be included in the programme.

Mot (3)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
David Fennell

That this Area Committee, following the many emails and messages received to date in relation to the switching of the lights at Lucan Skate Park, request the Chief Executive confirm what plans are in place to ensure that the skate park can be used by the many young people in the area. This committee also recognizes the local campaign in the area and commends them for their effort.

Mot (4)

Submitted by:
Councillor G. O'Connell
Responsibility:
David Fennell

That the Chief Executive provide a report on the cleansing of the laneways in Palmerstown, how often they have been cleaned year to date, and that they be put on a realistic schedule and that a repot be brought to the February Lucan LAC on the condition of the lanes/schedule for repairing them, as they have been damaged in several placed resulting in ponding/mud accumulation and the surface being a danger or a hazard for pedestrians.

 

Mot (5)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
David Fennell

That this Area Committee requests Chief Executive organise works to cut back the branches in the Esker Woods estate as outlined in the email received below. To also provide a report on how this particular problem is included in the public realm programme, as mentioned below the dark evenings can lead to possible damage in a person. 


“I am emailing local reps in the area to raise concerns about the unacceptable level of overhanging branches in the area of Esker Wood estates and beyond. Now that the dark evenings are upon us it is a real possibility of facial or eye damage from overhanging branches when out walking in the dark evenings. I would welcome your support to have this matter addressed in a general clean up of the area.”

 

Environment

Questions

Qu (3)

Submitted by:
Councillor D. O'Brien
Responsibility:
Mary Maguire

"To ask the Chief Executive for a report on the total amount of illegal dumping there has been this year in the Lucan LEA and the cost to this Council of cleaning up the areas? This report will also include the total number of case’s reported to the Council in 2018."

 

Qu (4)

Submitted by:
Councillor G. O'Connell
Responsibility:
Mary Maguire

"To ask the Chief Executive if there has been any horses reported as being abused, stayed or otherwise come to the attention of the Council in the Lucan, Palmerstown, Adamstown Area over the past three months and if yes, what action has been taken and with what results and if there are any special arrangements in place to ensure animal welfare over the coming Winter?"

 

Correspondence

Cor (6)

Submitted by:
Environment
Responsibility:
Environment

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (10)

Submitted by:
Environment
Responsibility:
Environment

New Works (No Business)

Motions

Mot (6)

Submitted by:
Councillor D. O'Brien
Responsibility:
Mary Maguire

Cathaoirleachs business

That this Area Committee ask the Chief Executive for a report on the increase in illegal dumping in the Foxborough area and to put a plan in place to help improve the area.

 

Mot (7)

Submitted by:
Councillor G. O'Connell
Responsibility:
Mary Maguire

That this Area Committee requests that a campaign to remind dog owners of their obligation to clean up after their dog(s) and that signs be erected in housing estates so warning dog owners/walkers of the penalties for “Dog Fowling” and that pooper scoopers can be deposited in ANY public waste bin and not disposed of in bushes or grass margins.

 

Water & Drainage

Correspondence

Cor (7)

Submitted by:
Water & Drainage
Responsibility:
Water & Drainage

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (11)

Submitted by:
Water & Drainage
Responsibility:
Water & Drainage

New Works (No Business)

H-I (12)

Submitted by:
Jennifer McGrath
Responsibility:
Jennifer McGrath

Climate Change Action Plan 2019 - 2024

Motions

Mot (8)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
Derek Sargent

That this Area Committee, following the continued concerns in relation to the water quality in the Lucan area this committee, request that a representative from Irish Water is invited into the LAC to discuss the matter with representatives and provide a report on complaints and findings to date including the online petition that has been forwarded to Irish Water.

 

Community

Questions

Qu (5)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
Brian Leonard

This Area Committee welcomes the reports to date on the swimming pool for Lucan project and asks the Chief Executive to provide an update on progress made and to comment on when management envisage the commencement (turning of the sod) of the long awaited swimming pool for Lucan. 

Correspondence

Cor (8)

Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
Community

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (13)

Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
Community

New Works (No Business)

H-I (14)

Submitted by:
Brian Leonard
Responsibility:
Brian Leonard

Lucan Swimming Pool - Update

H-I (15)

Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
Brian Leonard

Deputations (No Business)

Housing

Correspondence

Cor (9)

Submitted by:
Housing
Responsibility:
Housing

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (16)

Submitted by:
Housing
Responsibility:
Housing

New Works (No Business)

Motions

Mot (9)

Submitted by:
Councillor G. O'Connell
Responsibility:
Neil Hanly

That this Area Committee requests the manager responsible bring a detailed report (number on the housing list, to include single people, families (with numbers in family), length of time on list, number on homeless list) to this committee in relation to those seeking accommodation north of the N7, the numbers housed year to date in the Lucan LAC and the possible responses with timescale to the remainder and that the situation be discussed.

Planning

Correspondence

Cor (10)

Submitted by:
Planning
Responsibility:
Planning

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (17)

Submitted by:
Planning
Responsibility:
Planning

New Works (No Business)

H-I (18)

Submitted by:
Brian Keaney
Responsibility:
Brian Keaney

Adamstown SDZ - Quarterly update

Motions

Mot (10)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
Brian Keaney

That this Area Committee requests the Chief Executive confirm how many underground car parks are currently in the Adamstown area and how many onstreet car parking spaces are available? How many are one and half car park spaces per unit and how many are two car park spaces? Are the underground car park/parks that are currently in place managed privately and is it envisaged to have all future car parks privately managed?

 

Transportation

Questions

Qu (6)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
William Purcell

"To ask the Chief Executive to provide a report on the number of ramps that currently exist in the Lucan area. To include how many different styles of ramps exist within these ramps. If the report could include a map of the Lucan area mapping out the ramps on these roads?"

 

Correspondence

Cor (11)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Transportation

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (19)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Transportation

New Works (No Business)

H-I (20)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Transportation

Proposed Declaration of Roads to be Public Roads (No Business)

H-I (21)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
William Purcell

Public Consultation - Traffic Calming 2019/2020

 

Motions

Mot (11)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
William Purcell

That this Area Committee request the Chief Executive to confirm when the traffic lights in the Adamstown area which have been recently installed with the new road openings are due to be switched on. A combination of dark nights, lack of street lights and new roads with no working traffic lights has raised cause for concern by car users. 

 

A-Z of All Services