Coucnil Banner Image

Council Meetings

Clondalkin Area Committee Meeting 16th January, 2019 Agenda


Date:
16/01/2019 15:00
Location:
Clondalkin Office
Standing Orders:
View

Headed Items

H-I (1)

Submitted by:
C AC Meeting Administrator
Responsibility:
C AC Meeting Administrator

Confirmfation & Re-affirmation of Minutes of meeting of 12th December, 2018

Corporate Support

Headed Items

H-I (2)

Submitted by:
Corporate Support
Responsibility:
Corporate Support

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (1)

Submitted by:
Corporate Support
Responsibility:
Corporate Support

Correspondence

Motions

Mot (1)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Ward
Responsibility:
C AC Meeting Administrator

"There has been a visible increase in illicit drug trading in parts of Clondalkin and in particular Corkagh Park and surrounding Estates. This Committee agrees to write to the relevant Minister and Senior Guards calling for additional resources to combat the problem."

Mot (2)

Submitted by:
Councillor E. Higgins
Responsibility:
Niall Noonan

"That this Committee gets an update on the 300k projects approved in 2018." 

Mot (3)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
Niall Noonan

Cathaoirleach's Business

"That this committee writes to the Clondalkin Garda Superintendent in relation to huge concerns from the Public over drug-dealing activity on vacant land beside Scoil Mochua and the open dealing of drugs at and around the Cherrywood Crescent entrance of Corkagh Park and the area in general, we also send this motion to the minister for Justice and ask that he ensure adequate resources are made available to the Clondalkin Guards to deal with this issue."

Performance & Change Management

Headed Items

H-I (3)

Submitted by:
Performance & Change Management
Responsibility:
Performance & Change Management

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (2)

Submitted by:
Performance & Change Management
Responsibility:
Performance & Change Management

Correspondence (No Business)

Water & Drainage

Headed Items

H-I (4)

Submitted by:
Water & Drainage
Responsibility:
Water & Drainage

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (3)

Submitted by:
Water & Drainage
Responsibility:
Water & Drainage

Correspondence (No Business)

Motions

Mot (4)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
Derek Sargent

Cathaoirleach's Business

"That this committee writes to Waterways Ireland and requests survival ring buoys be placed at each of the Loughs along the Clondalkin Canal as a matter of urgency." 

Public Realm

Questions

Qu (1)

Submitted by:
Councillor T. Gilligan
Responsibility:
Suzanne Furlong

"To ask gthe Chief Executive is the landscaping at Rockfield/Naas Road complete? (from the Clondalkin Tidy Towns)"

Qu (2)

Submitted by:
Councillor E. Higgins
Responsibility:
Suzanne Furlong

"To ask for an update on the three Newcastle play spaces being considered?"

Qu (3)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
Mary Keenan

"To ask the Chief Executive to look at planting trees at the entrance to Kilmahudrick where 5 trees where originally? (around where entrance name stone is)

Qu (4)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Ward
Responsibility:
Mary Keenan

"To ask the Chief Executive for a report on what Estates are scheduled to have tree maintenance works carried out in the Clondalkin LEA in 2019?"

Qu (5)

Submitted by:
Councillor T. Gilligan
Responsibility:
Mary Keenan

"To ask the Chief Executive can the "Luas" roundabout be 'sponsored'? (from Clondalkin Tidy Towns)

   

Qu (6)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
Mary Keenan

"To ask the Chief Executive to issue a report into when the damaged trees at Westbourne and Harelawn Estate will be replaced and what other areas in Clondalkin will trees be planted in?" 

Headed Items

H-I (5)

Submitted by:
Public Realm
Responsibility:
Public Realm

New Works (No Business)

H-I (6)

Submitted by:
C AC Meeting Administrator
Responsibility:
Caroline O'Reilly

Q4 2018 Litter Management Plan Report

H-I (7)

Submitted by:
Public Realm
Responsibility:
David Fennell

 Public Realm Improvement Works Programme 2019

Correspondence

Cor (4)

Submitted by:
Public Realm
Responsibility:
Public Realm

Correspondence (No Business)

Motions

Mot (5)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Johansson
Responsibility:
Mary Keenan

"That this committee agree that the tree outside number (Address available) is inspected immediately, it requires urgent action as the roots are cracking the pavement and the walls of residents."  

Mot (6)

Submitted by:
Councillor E. Higgins
Responsibility:
Suzanne Furlong

"That this Area Committee gets a full update on the three potential play spaces being investigated for Newcastle and calls for urgent progress for the families in the area."

Mot (7)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Johansson
Responsibility:
David Fennell

"That this committee agree that an accessibility survey needs to be carried out in Ballyowen Park and work carried out to make it accessible. Wheelchair users can't currently access the park unless the large gate is open." 

Environment

Questions

Qu (7)

Submitted by:
Councillor E. Higgins
Responsibility:
Brenda Shannon

"To ask the Chief Executive to provide a report on litter incidents reported in 2018 vs 2017?"

Headed Items

H-I (8)

Submitted by:
Environment
Responsibility:
Environment

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (5)

Submitted by:
Environment
Responsibility:
Environment

Correspondence (No Business)

Motions

Mot (8)

Submitted by:
Councillor T. Gilligan
Responsibility:
Suzanne Furlong

"That this Area Committee assists in the Clondalkin Rugby Club finding a suitable pitch location, preferably Corkagh Park with permanent flood lights or storage flood lights on site."

Mot (9)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Ward
Responsibility:
Brenda Shannon

"To ask the Chief Executive to provide a report for discussion at the meeting on the problem of illegal dumping on St Bridget's Cottages/Knockmeenagh Lane detailing all reports of dumping in the last twelve months; actions taken by the Council to date.  Furthermore this committee agrees that the debris and rubbish in the ditches along Knockmeenagh Lane is removed regularly."

Mot (10)

Submitted by:
Councillor K. Egan
Responsibility:
Brenda Shannon

"That this Area Committee agrees to the instalment of a large "Do not dump" signs on walls opposite Neilstown Boxing Club.

This has been a regular dumping spot and need to be addressed."

Housing

Questions

Qu (8)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Ward
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech

"To ask the Chief Executive for an update report on the six vacant houses on Station Road indicating if possible when they will be used for much needed housing?"

Qu (9)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Ward
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech

"To ask the Chief Executive for a report on what Estates are scheduled to have energy upgrades including insulation works in the Clondalkin Local Electoral Area in 2019?"

Headed Items

H-I (9)

Submitted by:
Housing
Responsibility:
Housing

New Works (No Business)

H-I (10)

Submitted by:
Housing Department
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech

Balgaddy

H-I (11)

Submitted by:
Housing Department
Responsibility:
Marguerite Staunton

Greenfort Gardens

Correspondence

Cor (6)

Submitted by:
Housing
Responsibility:
Housing

Correspondence (No Business)

Community

Questions

Qu (10)

Submitted by:
Councillor T. Gilligan
Responsibility:
Brian Leonard,Paul McAlerney

"To ask the Chief Executive if there is any update on the Cowin site, Orchard Road, Clondalkin? This is going on a long time now."

Qu (11)

Submitted by:
Councillor T. Gilligan
Responsibility:
Paul McAlerney

"To ask the Chief Executive about the signage at St. Brigid's Well (meeting with South Dublin County Council 14th December, 2018)? (from Clondalkin Tidy Towns)

Headed Items

H-I (12)

Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
Community

New Works (No Business)

H-I (13)

Submitted by:
Brian Carroll
Responsibility:
Brian Leonard

Deputations for Noting (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (7)

Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
Community

Correspondence (No Business)

Motions

Mot (11)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
Paul McAlerney

Cathaoirleach's Business

“That this Area Committee asks that South Dublin County Council look at the use of the old Swimming pool beside Clondalkin Sports and Leisure Centre for Community use.  One possible use would be a Theatre for Clondalkin drama group, local bands, Irish dancing and dance groups, other shows, talks and conferences etc. The estimate costs and condition of the structure be looked at and that this area committee discusses the building that has been idle for a number of years ''

Mot (12)

Submitted by:
Councillor E. Higgins
Responsibility:
Brian Leonard,Paul McAlerney

"That this committee gets an update on progress for a Community Centre on Orchard Lane."

Mot (13)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Johansson
Responsibility:
Brian Leonard

"That this committee agree that South Dublin County Council should explore the option of leasing the Old School building in Newcastle for community use."

Mot (14)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
Brian Leonard

"That this committee asks for a report into what community space has been delivered in Newcastle in tandem with all the new housing and a report into a community centre/space at Ballynakelly.  Also to outline what future gains can the people of Newcastle expect in relation to community space in light of all the new housing expected to be built in Newcastle and the vast development and expansion of Grange Castle nearby."

Mot (15)

Submitted by:
Councillor E. Higgins
Responsibility:
Paul McAlerney

"That the Area Committee recognises the huge voluntary efforts behind the Christmas lights in Clondalkin, Newcastle, Rathcoole, Saggart and Brittas. These volunteers helped our villages look especially beautiful over the holiday period and their volunteerism brought to life the spirit of Christmas." 

Transportation

Questions

Qu (12)

Submitted by:
Councillor T. Gilligan
Responsibility:
William Purcell

"To ask that the Chief Executive arrange to fix the light sequence at Alymer Road/Main Street as it was before road works?" 

Qu (13)

Submitted by:
Councillor T. Gilligan
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

"To ask the Chief Executive to repair the paths at East Coast Village cafe and Castle Park Estate?"

Qu (14)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

"To ask the Chief Executive to issue a report into the flooding after heavy rain at Cherrywood Villas and the top of Old Nangor Road between Irish School and Cherrywood Avenue and to ask how and when this will be resolved?"

Qu (15)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Ward
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

"To ask the Chief Executive for a report on what Estates are scheduled to have footpath upgrades in 2019 in the Clondalkin Local Electoral Area?"

Qu (16)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
William Purcell

"To ask the Chief Executive for a details report into how South Dublin County Council  proposes to deal with the congested traffic issues in Rathcoole and Newcastle and to consider this prior to building any more housing in these areas?

Headed Items

H-I (14)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
William Purcell

Proposed Declaration of Roads to be Public Roads (No Business)

H-I (15)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Transportation

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (8)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Transportation

Correspondence (No Business)

Motions

Mot (16)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

Cathaoirleach's Business

"That this Committee calls on South Dublin County Council to fix the growing number of potholes on the new Nangor Road from the Roundabout at Dunawley down to lights at crossroads." 

Mot (17)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Ward
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

"That this Committee agrees that the management organise an inspection of the road that separates St. Peter Apostle School and Neilstown Village Court to ascertain and fix the cause of the water retention."

Planning

Questions

Qu (17)

Submitted by:
Councillor E. Higgins
Responsibility:
Hazel Craigie

"To ask for the number of one-off housing planning applications approved and the number refused in 2018?"

Qu (18)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Ward
Responsibility:
Hazel Craigie

"To ask the Chief Executive for an update on the lands surrounding the Clondalkin Mill Centre and what plans have the Council got in getting this site developed?  The last update I had was this land was under the remit of the Councils Planning Department under the Vacant Sites Register?"

Headed Items

H-I (16)

Submitted by:
Planning
Responsibility:
Planning

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (9)

Submitted by:
Planning
Responsibility:
Planning

Correspondence (No Business)

Motions

Mot (18)

Submitted by:
Councillor E. Higgins
Responsibility:
Hazel Craigie

"That this Committee gets an update on enforcement of the recent ABP decision in relation to Behan's Quarry."

Economic Development

Headed Items

H-I (17)

Submitted by:
Economic Development
Responsibility:
Economic Development

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (10)

Submitted by:
Economic Development
Responsibility:
Economic Development

Correspondence (No Business)

Libraries & Arts

Questions

Qu (19)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Ward
Responsibility:
Bernadette Fennell

''To ask the Chief Executive to give an update of the timeline involved in the development of the new North Clondalkin library?"

Headed Items

H-I (18)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Bernadette Fennell

Library News & Events

H-I (19)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts

Application for Arts Grants (No Business)

H-I (20)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts

New Works  (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (11)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts

Correspondence (No Business)

A-Z of All Services