Coucnil Banner Image

Council Meetings

Lucan Area Committee Meeting 29th January 2019 Agenda


Date:
29/01/2019 15:00
Location:
Council Chamber
Standing Orders:
View

Headed Items

H-I (1)

Submitted by:
LAC Meeting Administration
Responsibility:
LAC Meeting Administration

Confirmation and Re-affirmation of Minutes of Meeting of 18th December 2018

Corporate Support

Questions

Qu (1)

Submitted by:
Councillor P. Gogarty
Responsibility:
Niall Noonan

"To ask the Chief Executive for an update on projects agreed under "Have Your Say 300k", including comprehensive completion timescales for projects as yet not completed."

Correspondence

Cor (1)

Submitted by:
Corporate Support
Responsibility:
Corporate Support

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (2)

Submitted by:
Corporate Support
Responsibility:
Corporate Support

New Works (No Business)

Motions

Mot (1)

Submitted by:
Councillor D. O'Brien
Responsibility:
Sheila Kelly

Cathaoirleachs Business

There has been a visible increase in in anti-social behaviour in parts of the Lucan LEA and in particular around the Ballyowen area. That this Area Committee agrees to write to the relevant Minister and Senior Guards calling for additional resources to combat the problem."

Mot (2)

Submitted by:
Councillor E. O'Brien
Responsibility:
Sheila Kelly

That this Area Committee calls on the relevant Director of Services to contact the Minister for Communications, Climate Action & Environment and the CEO of An Post to call on them to reverse the decision to close the Post Office currently located in Dodsboro noting the negative impact the closure is likely to have on that community.

Mot (3)

Submitted by:
Councillor P. Gogarty
Responsibility:
Sheila Kelly

That this Area Committee writes to the Joint Policing Committee reaffirming its support for a Local Policing Forum covering the entire Lucan Area, including Lucan Garda station, especially in the light of increased reports of violent attacks and vandalism in recent months.

Mot (4)

Submitted by:
Councillor R. Nolan
Responsibility:
Sheila Kelly

With recent anti-social behaviour taking place in Lucan, that this Area Committee invite a spokesperson from An Garda Siochana in to discuss what we can do collectively to help combat future incidents. 

Mot (5)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
Niall Noonan

That this Area Committee seeks an updated report on the outstanding items regarding the 300K projects including the ones that are not viable and to clarify how much money has been unspent out of the 300K. Would the Chief Executive consider a leaflet/booklet drop to households when projects are completed informing of all the projects achieved? 

Mot (6)

Submitted by:
Councillor R. Nolan
Responsibility:
Sheila Kelly

That this Area Committee, should a motion be passed, write to the Department of Education to get an update regarding the eight schools in Lucan that were found to have defects that needed repair, if that work was carried successfully, and if not finished when it will be finished. 

Performance & Change Management

Correspondence

Cor (2)

Submitted by:
Performance & Change Management
Responsibility:
Performance & Change Management

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (3)

Submitted by:
Performance & Change Management
Responsibility:
Performance & Change Management

New Works (No Business)

Environment

Questions

Qu (2)

Submitted by:
Councillor R. Nolan
Responsibility:
Mary Maguire

"To ask the Chief Executive if anti littering signage could be organised for Earlsfort and Foxborough Estates?"

Qu (3)

Submitted by:
Councillor G. O'Connell
Responsibility:
Mary Maguire

"To ask the Chief Executive to provide a report into the situation of the house (address provided), which the Council was in the process of taking over (due to neglect) and which is again returning to an even worse state and is the focal point for a lot of anti-social activity?"

Correspondence

Cor (3)

Submitted by:
Environment
Responsibility:
Environment

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (4)

Submitted by:
Environment
Responsibility:
Environment

New Works (No Business)

H-I (5)

Submitted by:
Environment
Responsibility:
Mary Maguire

Litter Management Plan

Motions

Mot (7)

Submitted by:
Councillor G. O'Connell
Responsibility:
Mary Maguire

That this Area Committee ask the Chief Executive for a report on the control of dogs in the Lucan LEA. How many Dog Wardens are available and if other outdoor staff, e.g. Park Attendants, can also be more actively involved in enforcing dog related bye laws. 

Water & Drainage

Questions

Qu (4)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
Derek Sargent

"To ask the Chief Executive if Irish Water has replied to further requests made by this Committee at previous meetings following agreed motions in relation to the online petition submitted, and if they are prepared to provide a report of the issues raised in the petition including how many signed the petition."

Correspondence

Cor (4)

Submitted by:
Water & Drainage
Responsibility:
Water & Drainage

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (6)

Submitted by:
Water & Drainage
Responsibility:
Water & Drainage

New Works (No Business)

Public Realm

Questions

Qu (5)

Submitted by:
Councillor R. Nolan
Responsibility:
David Fennell

"Following our discussions last year around the hedging at Earlsfort Lawns, to ask the Chief Executive if it can be trimmed back now before breeding season begins? This has recently been requested by the Gardaí also as they have indicated anti- social behaviour is taking place there."

Qu (6)

Submitted by:
Councillor E. O'Brien
Responsibility:
Laurence Colleran

"To ask the Chief Executive when work will commence on the construction of the proposed play space/playground in Willsbrook Park?" 

Correspondence

Cor (5)

Submitted by:
Public Realm
Responsibility:
Public Realm

Correspondence(No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (7)

Submitted by:
Public Realm
Responsibility:
Public Realm

New Works (No Business)

H-I (8)

Submitted by:
Public Realm
Responsibility:
David Fennell

Public Realm Improvement Works Programme 2019

Motions

Mot (8)

Submitted by:
Councillor D. O'Brien
Responsibility:
David Fennell

Cathaoirleachs Business

That this Area Committee ask the Chief Executive for an update on the Public Realm Improvement Works Programme for 2018 and a list of approved works for 2019.

Mot (9)

Submitted by:
Councillor E. O'Brien
Responsibility:
David Fennell

Noting the imminent provision of electronic gates at Griffeen Valley Park at its Haydens Lane entrance, that this Area Committee discuss the potential to extend car parking facilities in the park in this location.

Mot (10)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
David Fennell

That this Area Committee requests a report on the apiary in Mill Lane, Palmerstown. Since it’s implementation there has been repeated requests to provide local honey in the area. This committee examines possibility of introducing one into the Lucan area, possibly along the Liffey River/Valley and could such project be part of the Blue Way plans.

Mot (11)

Submitted by:
Councillor G. O'Connell
Responsibility:
Mary Keenan

That this Area Committee ask the Chief Executive for a report on the removal of tree stumps following the culling of trees in this LEA over the past two seasons and in particular on Culmore Road and Palmerstown Avenue.

Mot (12)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
Suzanne Furlong

That this Area Committee requests the Chief Executive provide assistance to Weston Hockey Club in both support of maintenance works and financial. The pitch has suffered some damage in areas due to various factors This includes issues with drainage, lack of natural sunshine, etc. This facility has increased usage over the last few years where various clubs are on the pitch everyday up to 10pm+ weekends, making full use of the facility. The club has had the damaged assessed and a detail report can be provided.

Housing

Correspondence

Cor (6)

Submitted by:
Housing
Responsibility:
Housing

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (9)

Submitted by:
Housing
Responsibility:
Housing

New Works (No Business)

H-I (10)

Submitted by:
Housing Department
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech

Anti Social Quarterly Statistics 

Community

Questions

Qu (7)

Submitted by:
Councillor D. O'Brien
Responsibility:
Brian Leonard

"To ask the Chief Executive for an update on the Lucan Swimming Pool. How much progress has been made on this since the last area committee?"

Qu (8)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
Brian Leonard

"To ask the Chief Executive for an report on the swimming pool for Lucan and if it could include a commencement date?" 

Correspondence

Cor (7)

Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
Community

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (11)

Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
Community

New Works (No Business)

H-I (12)

Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
Brian Leonard

Deputations (No Business)

Motions

Mot (13)

Submitted by:
Councillor G. O'Connell
Responsibility:
Brian Leonard

That this Area Committee ask the Chief Executive for a report on the Lucan Swimming Pool and to include the reasons for the delay in meeting deadlines and to give a firm timeframe for the building and opening of the Pool.

Mot (14)

Submitted by:
Councillor P. Gogarty
Responsibility:
Brian Leonard

That this Area Committee request the Chief Executive provides a definitive commencement month for the construction and completion of the Lucan Swimming Pool, the funding for which was largely obtained by the elected members of this county several years back now, and to report why, following on from continuous representations and queries, the estimated pool completion date has been put back from 2019 to 2020 and now 2021, a delay admittedly in line with many other projects under SDCC's remit and indeed nationally; and if a statement can be made on the matter.

Transportation

Questions

Qu (9)

Submitted by:
Councillor P. Gogarty
Responsibility:
Caitriona Lambert

"To ask the Chief Executive for an update on plans to redevelop the Lucan Village Green area."

Qu (10)

Submitted by:
Councillor D. O'Brien
Responsibility:
Michael McAdam

"To ask the Chief Executive for an update on the proposed permeability scheme for the Esker In Lucan." 

Qu (11)

Submitted by:
Councillor D. O'Brien
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

"To ask the Chief Executive for a report on what Estates are scheduled to have footpath upgrades in 2019 in the Lucan Local Electoral Area? This report will include the value of repair work broken down by estate." 

Qu (12)

Submitted by:
Councillor E. O'Brien
Responsibility:
Michael McAdam

"To ask the Chief Executive to give an update on the feasibility study undertaken to identify a possible route for a "looped Greenway" between the 12th Lock of the Grand Canal and the Royal Canal."

Qu (13)

Submitted by:
Councillor E. O'Brien
Responsibility:
Caitriona Lambert

"To ask the Chief Executive to indicate if a timeline has been established for the follow up Part 8 in relation to the Lucan Village Improvement Scheme?"

Qu (14)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
William Purcell

"To ask the Chief Executive for a report on the public consultation carried out on the ramp proposals in the Lucan area, including the number of submissions received, the outcome of the submissions and to highlight where possible the main reasons ‘for / against’."

Correspondence

Cor (8)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Transportation

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (13)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
William Purcell

Traffic Ramp Programme 2019/20 – Results of Public Consultation

H-I (14)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
William Purcell

Proposed Declaration of Roads to be Public Roads (No Business)

Motions

Mot (15)

Submitted by:
Councillor P. Gogarty
Responsibility:
William Purcell

That this Area Committee asks the Chief Executive to provide a report on potential improvements to traffic flow in the Lucan village area, including reversing the flow around the village green or making the road heading towards the Adamstown Road from the village two-way, so that members can discuss the issue and recommend a course of action for public consultation should any solution be found to be better than the existing situation.

Mot (16)

Submitted by:
Councillor G. O'Connell
Responsibility:
William Purcell

That this Area Committe ask the Chief Executive for a response to the questions pertaining to South Dublin County Council raised by this Councillor at the September meeting of the LAC in relation to the traffic situation on Kennelsfort Road and the Cell between the R148 and Kennelsfort Road; Also, that the Chief Executive write to An Garda Siochana requesting that they forward responses to the questions specific to their role as set out at the September meeting.

Mot (17)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
Sheila Kelly,William Purcell

That this Area Committee requests the Chief Executive write An Garda Siochana asking for a report on how many fines (if any) have been issued in relation to those driving through The HGV restricted area along the Newcastle Road. In addition, to ask Chief Executive to make comment on whether there will be increased use of HGV along the R120 when the road widening/upgrade is completed?

Planning

Questions

Qu (15)

Submitted by:
Councillor P. Gogarty
Responsibility:
Hazel Craigie

"To ask the Chief Executive if the Council could liaise with the developer to delay the movement of machinery onto the existing Adamstown GAA pitch until closer to construction and preferably until one of the new park pitches is completed so as to facilitate the local schools and clubs and local people that use the amenity?"

Correspondence

Cor (9)

Submitted by:
Planning
Responsibility:
Planning

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (15)

Submitted by:
Planning
Responsibility:
Planning

New Works (No Business)

Motions

Mot (18)

Submitted by:
Councillor P. Gogarty
Responsibility:
Jason Frehill,Mark Dowling

That this Area Committee request the Chief Executive provide a report on the number of on-street retail units in Palmerstown and Lucan that are not currently operating as such, and investigates the potential for the full premises or upstairs to be incentivised for conversion into accomodation; and if a statement can be made on the matter.

Economic Development

Questions

Qu (16)

Submitted by:
Councillor R. Nolan
Responsibility:
Thomas Rooney

"To ask the Chief Executive if signage could be erected indicating the old cemetery at the back of O'Neils Pub in Lucan Village, also the walkway to the Weir from the Village?"

Correspondence

Cor (10)

Submitted by:
Economic Development
Responsibility:
Economic Development

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (16)

Submitted by:
Economic Development
Responsibility:
Economic Development

New Works (No Business)

Libraries & Arts

Correspondence

Cor (11)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (17)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts

NEW WORKS (No Business)

H-I (18)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts,Orla Scannell

Application for Arts Grants (No Business)

H-I (19)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Bernadette Fennell,Libraries & Arts

Library News & Events

A-Z of All Services