Coucnil Banner Image

Council Meetings

28th January 2019 Tallaght Area Committee Meeting Agenda


Date:
28/01/2019 15:00
Location:
Council Chamber
Standing Orders:
View

Traffic Management Meeting 2.15pm - 3pm

Headed Items

H-I (1)

Submitted by:
Housing Department
Responsibility:
Catherina Benson,Housing Department

Minutes from Tallaght Area Committee Meeting 18th December 2018.

Corporate Support

Questions

Qu (1)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
Edwina Leonard

"To ask the Chief Executive if he would write to Simon Harris TD asking for an update on his Department's plans to deal with the issue of car parking charges at our Hospitals?"

Headed Items

H-I (2)

Submitted by:
Corporate Support
Responsibility:
Corporate Support

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (1)

Submitted by:
Corporate Support
Responsibility:
Corporate Support

Correspondence

Motions

Mot (1)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Duff
Responsibility:
Edwina Leonard

"That this Area Committee calls on the Supt of Tallaght Garda Station to immediately carry out an operation, similar to the operation carried out by Cabra/Finglas Garda on Christmas Day, when 13 Scramblers were seized and five people arrested, and to give assurance to the people of Tallaght that such an operation is within the capability of the Tallaght Garda and that he is prioritizing the removal of scramblers from our public areas.  

Mot (2)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. Dunne
Responsibility:
Edwina Leonard

"That this Area Committee calls on the Chief Executive to install caging around the ESB Box at the greenspace between Russell Square and Fortunestown Shops."

Mot (3)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Duff
Responsibility:
Edwina Leonard

"That this Area Committee calls on the RSA and the Minister for Transport, Tourism and Sport to immediately address the situation where Learner Drivers are using roads in housing estates to practice Reverse and Turnabout manoeuvres, to the detriment of public safety, as demonstrated by the recent incident in Tymon North, Tallaght, when a Learner Driver lost control of their vehicle and drove into the sitting room of a family home, and to provide facilities in or near Test Centres, where these manoeuvres can be safely practiced, without threat to public safety."

Performance & Change Management

Headed Items

H-I (3)

Submitted by:
Performance & Change Management
Responsibility:
Performance & Change Management

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (2)

Submitted by:
Performance & Change Management
Responsibility:
Performance & Change Management

Correspondence (No Business)

Environment

Questions

Qu (2)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Duff
Responsibility:
Mary Maguire

"To ask the Chief Executive to make a report detailing if the "Esso Site" in Tallaght Village will be listed on the Council's Derelict Site Register and to detail what action if any, the owners made in response to the last Enforcement Notice issued by SDCC?"

Headed Items

H-I (4)

Submitted by:
Edwina Leonard
Responsibility:
Mary Maguire

Q4 2018 Litter Management Plan

H-I (5)

Submitted by:
Environment
Responsibility:
Environment

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (3)

Submitted by:
Environment
Responsibility:
Environment

Correspondence (No Business)

Water & Drainage

Headed Items

H-I (6)

Submitted by:
Water & Drainage
Responsibility:
Water & Drainage

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (4)

Submitted by:
Water & Drainage
Responsibility:
Water & Drainage

Correspondence (No Business)

Public Realm

Questions

Qu (3)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Duff
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

"To ask the Chief Executive to make a report to this Area Committee, detailing what efforts he is making, besides the County wide Task Force, to remove the scourge of Scramblers and Quads from our public areas. What efforts are made to find the identities of the owners of these scramblers and quads and will he detail what actions he has taken against the owners and if he has presented a demand for payment from these owners for the repairs and reinstatement of the public greens, damaged by illegal usage?"

Qu (4)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. Dunne
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

"Notwithstanding, the ongoing issue of illegal dumping across the County, this Area Committee asks that the Chief Executive prioritises the parks with regards to regular cleans ups and asks that priority is given to parks in the Tallaght area that specifically have issues with illegal dumping?"

Qu (5)

Submitted by:
Councillor Emma Hendrick
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

"To ask the Chief Executive to provide a breakdown of how much of the Waste Management budget 2018 was spent in each local electoral area?"

Qu (6)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

"To ask the Chief Executive to detail plans for the further enhancement of Sean Walsh Park ensuring that the Park maintains its Green Flag status; will he appreciate the importance of the Sean Walsh Park to the Tallaght community and will he make a statement?"

Qu (7)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

"To ask the Chief Executive to report on his continued efforts to deal with the menace of Scramblers/Quads which are of great concern to communities throughout the Tallaght Area Committee area and will he note that there have been particular problems in recent weeks in Kingswood Heights, Tymon Park, Dodder Valley Park area of Old Bawn, 30 acres at Greenhills Road and Butler McGee Park; will he appreciate the demand of local residents that effective action be taken and will he make a statement?"

Qu (8)

Submitted by:
Councillor D. Richardson
Responsibility:
Suzanne Furlong

"To ask the Chief Executive to add Fettercairn and Kiltalown to the Teenspace Programme?"

Headed Items

H-I (7)

Submitted by:
Edwina Leonard
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

Public Realm Improvement Works Programme 2019

H-I (8)

Submitted by:
Public Realm
Responsibility:
Public Realm

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (5)

Submitted by:
Public Realm
Responsibility:
Public Realm

Correspondence(No Business)

Motions

Mot (4)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

Cathaoirleach's Business

"That this Tallaght Area Committee calls on the Chief Executive to present a report on his plans to deal with the concerns of the local community in Kilnamanagh with regard to issues relating to the Open Land at Treepark Road close to the Ned Kelly football facility; will he note that this matter has been the subject of various meetings over the past year particularly leading up to the 2018 Bonfire Season and will he appreciate that various local groups in the community now require proposals and action to deal with the matter and will he present a report to the Committee."

Mot (5)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Duff
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

"That this Area Committee calls on the Chief Executive to carry out remedial works on the surface of the laneway and the strip of tarmac behind the old Castletymon Library building. The laneway surface is now in a dangerous condition and poses a trip hazard to pedestrians and the strip of tarmac at the rear of the building which traverses the two footpaths is overflowing with dumped rubbish, constantly flooded and fills with mud, making passageway to the shopping centre hazardous for the public."

Mot (6)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. Dunne
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

"That this Area Committee calls on the Chief Executive to locate a dog park on the grounds between Russell Square and Fortunestown Shops.  This area was being used for that purpose by residents who actively looked after the area, removed illegal dumping, stopped anti-social behaviour and put out fires that were lit on the space.  They also opened and locked the gate while using the area until the lock was changed on the gate.  Since the change of lock, it is now being used as a dumping ground."

Mot (7)

Submitted by:
Councillor B. Ferron
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

"That this Committee welcomes the recent works to footpaths in the St Maelruans Estate Tallaght. However, the footpaths that are used to traverse the green spaces in the estate are still in pretty bad condition. This Committee calls on the Chief Executive to arrange to have these paths inspected and further calls on the Chief Executive to arrange to have repair works carried out."

Mot (8)

Submitted by:
Councillor B. Ferron
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

"That this Committee notes a commitment that was made at the May Area Committee that the entrance to the cycleway and walkway at Seskin View Road will be modified to prevent access to the park by motorbikes and quads. As of yet these works have not been carried out. This Committee calls on the Chief Executive to provide a report outlining when these works will take place."

Housing

Questions

Qu (9)

Submitted by:
Councillor Emma Hendrick
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech

"To ask the Chief Executive how much of the Traveller Accommodation Budget 2018 was spent on waste management?"

Qu (10)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech

"To ask the Chief Executive to confirm plans for the continuation of support to the vital work of the Fettercairn Estate Management Group through 2019; will he appreciate the importance of supporting the Group in combating crime vandalism and anti-social behaviour in the community and will he make a statement in the matter?"

Qu (11)

Submitted by:
Councillor D. Richardson
Responsibility:
Neil Hanly

"To ask the Chief Executive to report on the amount of families in homeless hubs and hotels in Tallaght?"

Headed Items

H-I (9)

Submitted by:
Housing
Responsibility:
Housing

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (6)

Submitted by:
Housing
Responsibility:
Housing

Correspondence (No Business)

Motions

Mot (9)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. Dunne
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech

"That this Area Committee calls on the Chief Executive to immediately put a plan in place to tackle the ongoing extreme issues of illegal dumping in Mac Uilliam Estate and to give a report on what actions will be taken to deal with the above issue."

Mot (10)

Submitted by:
Councillor Emma Hendrick
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech

"That this Council calls on the Chief Executive to engage with the Travelling Community living on Council sites in Tallaght and come up with a solution regarding waste collection services."

Mot (11)

Submitted by:
Councillor D. Richardson
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech

"That this Council investigate structures to Council properties around the Fettercairn area from blasting at the Roadstone quarry also the dust levels in the area from the quarry." 

Community

Questions

Qu (12)

Submitted by:
Councillor Emma Hendrick
Responsibility:
Paul McAlerney

"To ask the Chief Executive to give a detailed report on the wind down of the Management Company of the Brookfield Youth and Community Centre?"

Qu (13)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
Paul McAlerney

"To ask the Chief Executive to present an update regarding progress, if any, on the re-building of the fire damaged St Aengus Action Group Centre at Castletymon Green and would he indicate a time frame as to when these important works would be completed?"

Headed Items

H-I (10)

Submitted by:
Brian Carroll
Responsibility:
Brian Leonard

Deputations for Noting (No Business)

H-I (11)

Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
Community

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (7)

Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
Community

Correspondence (No Business)

Motions

Mot (12)

Submitted by:
Councillor Emma Hendrick
Responsibility:
Paul McAlerney

"That this Committee asks the Chief Executive to give a time frame on the introduction of a new Board of Management for Brookfield Youth and Community Centre."

Transportation

Questions

Qu (14)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

"To ask the Chief Executive if he has received any funding from Government in respect of proposed roadworks in the Tallaght area; will he provide details and also confirm plans for the spending of such funding and will he make a statement?"

Headed Items

H-I (12)

Submitted by:
Edwina Leonard
Responsibility:
Sheila Kelly

Proposed Extinguishment of Right of Way

H-I (13)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Transportation

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (8)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Transportation

Correspondence (No Business)

Motions

Mot (13)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. Dunne
Responsibility:
Caitriona Lambert

"That this Area Committee calls on the Chief Executive to increase the street lighting at the end of the road on the Old Naas Road.  This is a residential area with a Creche located on it."

Mot (14)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. Dunne
Responsibility:
William Purcell

"That this Area Committee calls on the Chief Executive to install 30km speed signs on the Old Naas Road as currently it is still a 50km speed zone."

Planning

Questions

Qu (15)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
Hazel Craigie

"To ask the Chief Executive to present an update on action being taken in respect of Planning Enforcement files in the area covered by the Tallaght Area Committee; will he give details and make a statement?"

Headed Items

H-I (14)

Submitted by:
Planning
Responsibility:
Planning

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (9)

Submitted by:
Planning
Responsibility:
Planning

Correspondence (No Business)

Economic Development

Questions

Qu (16)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
Michael McAdam

"To ask the Chief Executive to present an update on plans to provide a new Enterprise Innovation Centre in Tallaght; will he detail contacts he has made and the schedule now being followed in respect of the delivery of the Centre and will he make a statement?"

Qu (17)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
Des English

"To ask the Chief Executive to update members on plans for the development of Tallaght Stadium and in reporting will he also confirm when he expects the 3rd Stand at the Stadium to be completed and available for use and will he make a statement in the matter?"

Headed Items

H-I (15)

Submitted by:
Economic Development
Responsibility:
Economic Development

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (10)

Submitted by:
Economic Development
Responsibility:
Economic Development

Correspondence (No Business)

Libraries & Arts

Questions

Qu (18)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
Bernadette Fennell

"To ask the Chief Executive if he would confirm plans for the effective delivery of Library services to the local community while the new Castletymon Library is under construction and will he also give details of how those arrangements are being conveyed to the local community and will he make a statement?"

Headed Items

H-I (16)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Bernadette Fennell,Libraries & Arts

Application for Arts Grants (No Business)

H-I (17)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Bernadette Fennell,Libraries & Arts

Library News & Events

H-I (18)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts

NEW WORKS (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (11)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts

Correspondence (No Business)

A-Z of All Services