Coucnil Banner Image

Council Meetings

25th February 2019 Tallaght Area Committee Meeting Agenda


Date:
25/02/2019 15:00
Location:
Council Chamber
Standing Orders:
View

Headed Items

H-I (1)

Submitted by:
Housing Department
Responsibility:
Housing Department

Minutes from Tallaght Area Committee Meeting 28th January 2019

Water & Drainage

Headed Items

H-I (2)

Submitted by:
Water & Drainage
Responsibility:
Water & Drainage

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (1)

Submitted by:
Water & Drainage
Responsibility:
Water & Drainage

Correspondence (No Business)

Public Realm

Questions

Qu (1)

Submitted by:
Councillor B. Leech
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

"Following on from a Deputation meeting held for Kilmartin Estate Management last summer it was my understanding that the green area in Kilmartin Drive was to be levelled and a small football pitch to be installed for the children in the area. What progress has been made on this? There were only two items on the agenda, I expected more action on this?"

Qu (2)

Submitted by:
Councillor K. Mahon
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

"Thanking the Chief Executive and the work crew for the installations of new wooden bollards at Avonmore Drive and Bolbrook Grove/Avonmore Park and to ask the Chief Executive to confirm when the remaining bollards at Bolbrook Grove will be replaced?"

Qu (3)

Submitted by:
Councillor K. Mahon
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

"To ask the Chief Executive to comment on whether they would consider installing signs along the Whitestown stream, similar to those in local parks, highlighting the wildlife in and around it, its links to the river Dodder and the importance of protecting it from dumping and pollution?"

Qu (4)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
Suzanne Furlong

"To ask the Chief Executive to present an update on the N81 Improvement Scheme giving details of works currently under way and confirming the schedule being followed in respect of the project and will he make a statement?"

Qu (5)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
Mary Keenan

"To ask the Chief Executive to confirm that he is dealing with a request from Parkwood Residents Association in Old Bawn to provide new trees in Dodder Valley Park in Old Bawn noting the clear need for such planting particularly along the stone wall at the Park entrance on Old Bawn Road and will he give assurances and make a statement in the matter?"

Headed Items

H-I (3)

Submitted by:
Public Realm
Responsibility:
Public Realm

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (2)

Submitted by:
Public Realm
Responsibility:
Public Realm

Correspondence(No Business)

Motions

Mot (1)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. King
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

"That this Committee calls on the Chief Executive to report on progress made in relation the issue of quads and scramblers in the Estates in Tymon North and Bancroft Park as discussed in detail during and after the December Tallaght Area Committee. This is an enormous issue of public safety and public nuisance which needs to be addressed in partnership with An Garda Síochána. As a matter of note, this issue was raised also at the February Joint Policing Committee. 

Mot (2)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. King
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

"That this Committee calls on the Chief Executive to arrange for the complete removal of all of the bushes that surround the trees immediately adjacent to 46A Westpark Estate leading to the apartments as they have become a site of illegal dumping, are completely unkempt and more importantly are the preferred home of a growing and large number of Ferrall cats that roam the Estate and are a particular health and safety concern for parents of the many young children in the Estate that fear they may be carrying disease."

Environment

Questions

Qu (6)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Duff
Responsibility:
Mary Maguire

"To ask the Chief Executive to advise this Area Committee what actions, if any, is being taken to identify tenants who are not presenting bins for collection and who are storing large amounts of rubbish in their back gardens, to the detriment of Public Health in their Communities?"

Headed Items

H-I (4)

Submitted by:
Environment
Responsibility:
Environment

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (3)

Submitted by:
Environment
Responsibility:
Environment

Correspondence (No Business)

Motions

Mot (3)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Duff
Responsibility:
Mary Maguire

"That this Area Committee reaffirms its voluntary code of compliance in respect of  not erecting election posters in the Tallaght Village Area and calls on all prospective candidates for the Local Elections to observe the voluntary ban and if the motion is passed, for it to be published on the SDCC Website."

Community

Questions

Qu (7)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
Paul McAlerney

"To ask the Chief Executive if his Community staff have had any recent contact with St Mark's Residents Association in respect of matters of concern to the Association regarding the entire Springfield Estate as highlighted during last year's Part 8 process involving the area and will he make a statement?"

Headed Items

H-I (5)

Submitted by:
Brian Carroll
Responsibility:
Brian Leonard

Deputations for Noting (No Business)

H-I (6)

Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
Community

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (4)

Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
Community

Correspondence (No Business)

Housing

Questions

Qu (8)

Submitted by:
Councillor B. Leech
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech

"To ask the Chief Executive can a specific reason be given as to why two units at the Hazel Hill halting site have been vacant and boarded up for the past 5 years?  When do the Council plan to have them refurbished and new Traveller families move in?"

Qu (9)

Submitted by:
Councillor B. Leech
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech

"To ask the Chief Executive can an inspection be carried out on the water used by the Travellers at the Hazel Hill halting site?  They are complaining that it is undrinkable and contaminated in some way and is not fit for purpose.  Some Traveller families have resorted to using bottled water due to the problem?"

Qu (10)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech

"To ask the Chief Executive to present an updated report on issues raised with his staff at the most recent meeting organised by the Fettercairn Estate Management group and in reporting will he also respond to criticisms by the group that items raised by them at the Deputations meeting last May have still not been progressed to their satisfaction and will he make a statement?"

Headed Items

H-I (7)

Submitted by:
Housing
Responsibility:
Housing

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (5)

Submitted by:
Housing
Responsibility:
Housing

Correspondence (No Business)

Motions

Mot (4)

Submitted by:
Councillor Emma Hendrick
Responsibility:
Neil Hanly

"That due to verbal agreements by Council management on a few different occasions, this Area Committee calls on the Council to write to all the residents of Tallaght Cross hub and inform them they will not be evicted into homelessness for overstaying on their 18 month lease."

Planning

Headed Items

H-I (8)

Submitted by:
Planning
Responsibility:
Planning

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (6)

Submitted by:
Planning
Responsibility:
Planning

Correspondence (No Business)

Transportation

Questions

Qu (11)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Duff
Responsibility:
William Purcell

"To ask the Chief Executive to inform this Area Committee if he is aware of concerns by residents of Temple Woods, Greenhills Road, regarding the long delays experienced by drivers exiting the estate, especially during peak times?"

Qu (12)

Submitted by:
Councillor K. Mahon
Responsibility:
Sheila Kelly

"To ask the Chief Executive to please respond to MembersRep 1403612? It is outstanding since 24/10/18?"

Qu (13)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

"To ask the Chief Executive to give details of his plans to upgrade footpaths within the remit of the Tallaght Area Committee, will he give details and will he make a statement?"

Qu (14)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
William Purcell

"To ask the Chief Executive to detail what actions he is taking to deal with Traffic Management issues arising from the long delay in completing works on the Citywest Road junction and will he also take the opportunity to confirm when those particular works will now be completed and will he make a statement?"

Qu (15)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
William Purcell

"To ask the Chief Executive if he is aware of the serious concerns of the residents of Citywest Village in respect of of the proposed opening of a Road through the Estate arising from the planning application granted for the development; will he note those concerns of the community in respect of child safety, security and other issues which have been the subject of an on-line petition to prevent the Road from opening and in reporting will he offer advice to the community as to how the matter could be progressed to their satisfaction and also state what plans he has, when Citywest Village is taken in charge, to implement any measures including a 30 KPH speed limit to deal with the issues and will he make a statement?"

Headed Items

H-I (9)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Transportation

New Works (No Business)

H-I (10)

Submitted by:
Edwina Leonard
Responsibility:
Jim Kennelly

Speed Limit Bye Laws

H-I (11)

Submitted by:
Edwina Leonard
Responsibility:
William Purcell

Traffic Calming Programme 2019/20 – Results of Public Consultation

H-I (12)

Submitted by:
Edwina Leonard
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

Roadworks & Footpath Programme 2019

Correspondence

Cor (7)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Transportation

Correspondence (No Business)

Motions

Mot (5)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. King
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech,William Purcell

"That this Committee calls on the Chief Executive to report on when the planned and agreed traffic calming for St. Aengus Road will commence and be completed and that this Committee following the almost complete destruction of 35 St. Aengus Road, begins a process to establish the best way to protect the 11 infill houses at this location from this type of event occurring again, preferably a reinforced wall being erected as there is no protection for the houses at present." 

Mot (6)

Submitted by:
Councillor K. Mahon
Responsibility:
John Coughlan

"That this Area Committee calls on Council  to carry out a survey of pedestrian access points at Maplewood Park, Tallaght and come up with recommendations that will give proper consideration to the residents there. The current permeability through the area is not suitable and has seen residents consistently raise this issue, as have many Councillors.  We call on the Council to examine the situation and engage with residents to bring it to an acceptable resolution." 

Libraries & Arts

Headed Items

H-I (13)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Bernadette Fennell,Libraries & Arts

Application for Arts Grants

H-I (14)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Bernadette Fennell,Libraries & Arts

Library News & Events

H-I (15)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts

NEW WORKS (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (8)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts

Correspondence (No Business)

Economic Development

Questions

Qu (16)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Murphy
Responsibility:
Laura Leonard

"A search of land registry folios on-line suggests that this Council does not own all of the plots of land (see attached maps) in each folio that makes up the Green areas in Kilnamanagh bordering on the M50/Ballymount exit. Can the Council confirm if it owns the land inside the boundary wall of Kilnamanagh in folios DN187F, DN71065F in particular?"

Qu (17)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
Thomas Rooney

"To ask the Chief Executive to present a further report detailing his efforts to improve the image of Cookstown Industrial Estate and in that regard will he particularly note the call by many businesses for further enhancement of 2nd Avenue in Cookstown Industrial Estate and will he make a statement?"

Qu (18)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
Thomas Rooney

"To ask the Chief Executive to confirm that he continues to take action to ensure that the job creation needs of Tallaght receives particular attention and in that regard will he note the concerns of many in the community that jobs for Tallaght does not appear to be on the top of the priority list of Government and its agencies; will he give assurances and will he make a statement?"

Headed Items

H-I (16)

Submitted by:
Economic Development
Responsibility:
Economic Development

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (9)

Submitted by:
Economic Development
Responsibility:
Economic Development

Correspondence (No Business)

Performance & Change Management

Headed Items

H-I (17)

Submitted by:
Performance & Change Management
Responsibility:
Performance & Change Management

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (10)

Submitted by:
Performance & Change Management
Responsibility:
Performance & Change Management

Correspondence (No Business)

Corporate Support

Questions

Qu (19)

Submitted by:
Councillor Emma Hendrick
Responsibility:
Cristina Hurson

"To ask the Chief Executive what is the Council doing to promote voter registration in communities with a historically low voter turnout such as those from a low socio economic background, the Travelling community and members of the immigrant community?"

Qu (20)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
Lisa O Hare

"To ask the Chief Executive if he would write to Charlie Flanagan TD Minister for Justice and Drew Harris the Garda Commissioner, asking to confirm their proposals to provide additional Garda manpower and resources to the Tallaght Garda district?"

Qu (21)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
Lisa O Hare

"To ask the Chief Executive if he would write to Shane Ross TD Minister for Transport asking for confirmation of any plans by his Department to provide an extension of the Red Luas Line from Tallaght to other parts of the County, also asking if there are any plans for public consultation in respect of the matter?"

Headed Items

H-I (18)

Submitted by:
Corporate Support
Responsibility:
Corporate Support

New Works (no business)

Correspondence

Cor (11)

Submitted by:
Corporate Support
Responsibility:
Edwina Leonard

Correspondence (No Business)

A-Z of All Services