Coucnil Banner Image

Council Meetings

Lucan Area Committee Meeting 26th February 2019 Agenda


Date:
26/02/2019 15:00
Location:
Council Chamber
Standing Orders:
View

Headed Items

H-I (1)

Submitted by:
LAC Meeting Administration
Responsibility:
LAC Meeting Administration

Confirmation and Re-affirmation of Minutes of Meeting of 29th January 2019

Water & Drainage

Correspondence

Cor (1)

Submitted by:
Water & Drainage
Responsibility:
Water & Drainage

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (2)

Submitted by:
Water & Drainage
Responsibility:
Water & Drainage

New Works (No Business)

Public Realm

Correspondence

Cor (2)

Submitted by:
Public Realm
Responsibility:
Public Realm

Correspondence(No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (3)

Submitted by:
Public Realm
Responsibility:
Public Realm

New Works (No Business)

Motions

Mot (1)

Submitted by:
Councillor D. O'Brien
Responsibility:
David Fennell

Cathaoirleachs Business

That this Area Committee requests that the Chief Executive improves the entrances into the Dog park in Griffeen Park. Currently it is very mucky, and water logged, and users are reporting that it is very dangerous. There are also a lot of holes in the park, can these be filled in?

 

Mot (2)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
Laurence Colleran

That this Area Committee welcomes the propsals on the teen facilities to be introduced into the County which includes the Lucan area. To ask the Chief Executive to advise what the expected time line is on these projects and if the project is required to go through a full procurement and tender process. Also is the WiFi funding been sourced via European Grants available to Local Authorities?

 

Mot (3)

Submitted by:
Councillor V. Casserly
Responsibility:
David Fennell

That this Area Committee call on the Chief Executive to have a litter management/clearing of Griffeen Park Lucan in the near future.

 

Mot (4)

Submitted by:
Councillor P. Gogarty
Responsibility:
Suzanne Furlong

That this Area Committee request the Chief Executive provide an update and final timeframe on works at Lucan Harriers Athletics track, which was delayed last year due to a tender having to be reopened and which, following initial works being done, has now been lying idle for some weeks. Could the Council provide an indication as to when the track will be finally completed as this is causing huge upset to the many members and other groups that use this valuable facility?

 

Mot (5)

Submitted by:
Councillor R. Nolan
Responsibility:
Suzanne Furlong

That this Area Committee, following the spate of vandalism in the Griffeen Valley Park Playground, relook at the possibility of higher fencing and CCTV?

 

Mot (6)

Submitted by:
Councillor G. O'Connell
Responsibility:
David Fennell

That this Area Committee ask the Chief Executive for an update on the implementation of the public realm requests submitted by the Palmerstown Meitheal Tidy Towns Committee as part of the three year Strategic Plan for the area which was part funded by this Council. Also, to specifically state the time frame for the delivery of those requested for the 2019 period.

 

Environment

Questions

Qu (1)

Submitted by:
Councillor W. Lavelle
Responsibility:
Mary Maguire

"To ask the Chief Executive to ensure more regular monitoring and cleansing of serious dumping and littering at Hayden's Lane and the Hayden's Lane access road?

 

Qu (2)

Submitted by:
Councillor W. Lavelle
Responsibility:
Mary Maguire

"To ask the Chief Executive for more regular monitoring and cleansing of regular dumping and littering at Castle Road and Ballyowen Road, particularly in the vicinity of the Divine Mercy Church roundabout."

 

Correspondence

Cor (3)

Submitted by:
Environment
Responsibility:
Environment

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (4)

Submitted by:
Environment
Responsibility:
Environment

New Works (No Business)

Motions

Mot (7)

Submitted by:
Councillor V. Casserly
Responsibility:
Mary Maguire

That this Area Committee call on the Chief Executive to explore options regarding continuous dumping in Haydens Lane Lucan. Are there any further measures that can be taken to help reduce what is a huge problem of late?

 

Mot (8)

Submitted by:
Councillor P. Gogarty
Responsibility:
Mary Maguire

That this Council initiates a policy of penalising corporate landowners that own tiny sections of land in back lanes in Palmerstown where appropriate, taking enforcement action for any litter or public liability issues found following inspection.

 

Mot (9)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
Mary Maguire

That this Area Committee requests the Chief Executive provide a report on the full costs of cleansing in the Lucan area within the last 4 years (2015 - 2018) and also provide a cost of cleansing in the year in which the Council changed the bin collection from Council provision to private companies.

 

Mot (10)

Submitted by:
Councillor P. Gogarty
Responsibility:
Mary Maguire

That this Area Committee request the Chief Executive provide a comprehensive report on all the areas of ongoing illegal dumping and heavy litter brought to its attention in recent weeks within and on the border of this electoral area and to assess what further resources are required if necessary.

 

Community

Questions

Qu (3)

Submitted by:
Councillor V. Casserly
Responsibility:
Brian Leonard

"To ask the Chief Executive for an update on the Lucan Swimming Pool?"

 

Qu (4)

Submitted by:
Councillor P. Gogarty
Responsibility:
Brian Leonard

"To ask the Chief Executive for an update on the delayed tender process for Lucan Pool?"

Qu (5)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
Brian Leonard

"To ask the Chief Executive for details on the progress of the Lucan swimming pool, to also advise if the contractors are the same contractors that were involved in the Clondalkin and Tallaght swimming pool builds?"

 

Correspondence

Cor (4)

Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
Community

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (5)

Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
Community

New Works (No Business)

H-I (6)

Submitted by:
Brian Carroll
Responsibility:
Brian Leonard

Deputations for Noting

Motions

Mot (11)

Submitted by:
Councillor V. Casserly
Responsibility:
Andy Lane

Following the motion unanimously supported by the full Council at Februarys meeting to allocate resources to establish a local policing forum in the Lucan area, that this Area Committee calls for priority in the establishment of such a policing forum in Lucan.

 

Housing

Questions

Qu (6)

Submitted by:
Councillor G. O'Connell
Responsibility:
Marguerite Staunton

"To ask the Chief Executive on an update on progress in providing supported housing for older people on the (site at) Old Lucan Road, Palmerstown and to explain why, given the demand for housing and in particular for "rightsize" housing, it has taken so long to bring this project to planning stage?"

 

Qu (7)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech

"To ask the Chief Executive to report on the number of housing maintenance requests for the Lucan area and to list the outstanding works to date. To include the average waiting time for these works?"

 

Correspondence

Cor (5)

Submitted by:
Housing
Responsibility:
Housing

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (7)

Submitted by:
Housing
Responsibility:
Housing

New Works (No Business)

H-I (8)

Submitted by:
Housing Department
Responsibility:
Neil Hanly

Allocations Report

Motions

Mot (12)

Submitted by:
Councillor G. O'Connell
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech

That this Area Committee, being very concerned at the plight of Traveller families who have very little or no option except to set up temporary camps in unauthorised locations and without essential supportive services in this LAC, often with consequential detrimental effects on local residential areas, calls for a report from the Chief Executive on how he has/intends to deal with or provide for such situations in a manner that respects both the rights and intentions of Travellers to move from place to place in an orderly manner and the rights of people who want to live in regulated and environmentally sustainable permanent communities and who on a voluntary basis are often prepared to form Tidy Towns Groups to enhance their areas. 

 

Mot (13)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
Marguerite Staunton

That this Area Committee requests the Chief Executive to advise which Approved Housing Bodies are in place in Adamstown area. To advise what criteria is in place with the AHB and if these criteria are designed by SDCC or the individual AHB.

 

Planning

Questions

Qu (8)

Submitted by:
Councillor P. Gogarty
Responsibility:
Jason Frehill

"To ask the Chief Executive how many units and total numbers of bedrooms have been built to date or have been given planning permission for construction in the area of Adamstown, Lucan known as The Paddocks?"

 

Correspondence

Cor (6)

Submitted by:
Planning
Responsibility:
Planning

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (9)

Submitted by:
Planning
Responsibility:
Planning

New Works (No Business)

Motions

Mot (14)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
Jason Frehill

Further to an earlier Motion regarding the request to carry out car park audit in the Paddocks, that this Area Committee seeks clarification on which policy was used to carry out this audit. The findings of the car park audit created confusion with residents in the area. It appears to be the case that the findings are not in line with the original SDZ plans and this needs to be further examined.

 

Transportation

Questions

Qu (9)

Submitted by:
Councillor V. Casserly
Responsibility:
Caitriona Lambert

"To ask the Chief Executive for an update of proposed estates in the Lucan Area to upgrade lighting to newer LED lights."

 

Qu (10)

Submitted by:
Councillor W. Lavelle
Responsibility:
Caitriona Lambert

"To ask the Chief Executive to include Bewley estate for public lighting upgrade?"

 

Qu (11)

Submitted by:
Councillor W. Lavelle
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

"To ask the Chief Executive to conduct an assessment of the footpaths, kerbs and dishing on Castle Road, between Ballyowen Castle  shops and the Rosse Court Resource Centre. Wheelchair users of the Rosse Court Resource Centre have complained about the unsafe nature of the footpaths and dishing along this stretch."

 

Qu (12)

Submitted by:
Councillor R. Nolan
Responsibility:
Sheila Kelly

"To ask the Chief Executive to give an update on School Wardens numbers for the Lucan schools. Have the numbers been increased and did Scoil Mhuire in Airlie Heights get any additional Wardens?"

 

Qu (13)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
John Coughlan

"To ask the Chief Executive to examine the possibility of carrying out a feasibility study on a Lucan Neighbourhood Cycle Greenway."

 

Qu (14)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
Michael McAdam

"Following an agreement to design a photo montage for the planned Embankment Pedestrian/cycle way between Castle Riada and Moy Glas, could the Chief Executive advise when this will be completed?"

 

Correspondence

Cor (7)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Transportation

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (10)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Transportation

New Works (No Business)

H-I (11)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
William Purcell

Proposed Declaration of Roads to be Public Roads (No Business)

H-I (12)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

Roadworks and Footpath Programme 2019

Motions

Mot (15)

Submitted by:
Councillor D. O'Brien
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

Cathaoirleachs Business

That this Area Committee requests the Chief Executive assess the footpath at Bus Stop number 4612 outside Arthur Griffith Park and carry out the necessary repair. This bus stop is used by many older residents and the surface is very uneven.

 

Mot (16)

Submitted by:
Councillor V. Casserly
Responsibility:
William Purcell

That this Area Committee call on the Chief Executive to install new innovative signage in Lucan and Palmerstown to inform pedestrians with reduced mobility of narrowing pathways to alert them if there will be difficulty passing on our pathways. Similar signage has been installed in Irishtown (image attached).

 

Mot (17)

Submitted by:
Councillor P. Gogarty
Responsibility:
Michael McAdam

That this Area Committee meets with the NTA and TII to specifically discuss the practicalities of obtaining the funding streams required to further the objective we inserted into the 2016-2022 Development Plan for a grade seperated junction at Kennelsfort Road/R148 intersection, something badly needed to manage traffic flows to revitalise the Palmerstown village area in terms of retail, tourism and heritage.

Mot (18)

Submitted by:
Councillor G. O'Connell
Responsibility:
Michael McAdam

That this Area Committee asks that the Chief Executive write to the NTA/TII requesting a grant for the segregated junction at Kennelsfort road/R148. This is in line with the objectives of the current County Development Plan and is gaining greater urgency given the proposed road adjustments to meet the needs of BusConnect. Furthermore, that the Council indicate its commitment to both part-funding and scheduling the design of this long awaited piece of essential infrastructure and bring estimated costing to the April LAC.

 

Mot (19)

Submitted by:
Councillor D. O'Brien
Responsibility:
Caitriona Lambert

That this Area Committee requests that the Chief Executive improves the public lighting at bus stop number 4619 on the Foxborough Road. There has been a number of attacks to people waiting at this bus stop over the last few months and improving lighting will hopefully make it safer for residents using this bus services.

 

Mot (20)

Submitted by:
Councillor G. O'Connell
Responsibility:
Sheila Kelly

That this Area Committee request the Chief Executive write to Dublin Bus complimenting them on the extension of the 26 Bus to the Liffey Valley Shopping Centre and requesting that bus shelters be erected on Kennelsfort Road, at the Palmerstown Building Supplies/Granite, on both the inward and outward routes.

 

Libraries & Arts

Correspondence

Cor (8)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (13)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts

NEW WORKS (No Business)

H-I (14)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Orla Scannell

Application for Arts Grants

H-I (15)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Bernadette Fennell

Library News & Events

Economic Development

Correspondence

Cor (9)

Submitted by:
Economic Development
Responsibility:
Economic Development

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (16)

Submitted by:
Economic Development
Responsibility:
Economic Development

New Works (No Business)

Performance & Change Management

Correspondence

Cor (10)

Submitted by:
Performance & Change Management
Responsibility:
Performance & Change Management

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (17)

Submitted by:
Performance & Change Management
Responsibility:
Performance & Change Management

New Works (No Business)

Corporate Support

Questions

Qu (15)

Submitted by:
Councillor P. Gogarty
Responsibility:
Niall Noonan

"To ask the Chief Executive for a further update on the 300k projects?"

 

Correspondence

Headed Items

H-I (18)

Submitted by:
Corporate Support
Responsibility:
Corporate Support

New Works (No Business)

H-I (19)

Submitted by:
Niall Noonan
Responsibility:
Niall Noonan

"300k - Have Your Say" update

Motions

Mot (21)

Submitted by:
Councillor R. Nolan
Responsibility:
Sheila Kelly

That this Area Committee write to the Department of Education to ask them what progress has been made on the building of the Griffeen Community College and when they propose to start the building?

 

Mot (22)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
Sheila Kelly

That this Area Committee write to the relevant Ministers seeking a report on the findings regarding the Speech therapy/Occupational therapy pilot programme rolled out within schools, which included schools in the Lucan area.

 

A-Z of All Services