Coucnil Banner Image

Council Meetings

March 2019 Rathfarnham/Templeogue-Terenure Area Committee Meeting Agenda


Date:
12/03/2019 15:00
Location:
Council Chamber
Standing Orders:
View

The National Transport Authority will be in attendance at 3pm sharp regarding the Orlagh Roundabout upgrade.

Headed Items

H-I (1)

Submitted by:
RTT Meeting Administrator
Responsibility:
Sheila Kelly

Confirmation and re-affirmation of Minutes of Meeting of Tuesday 12th February 2019.

Housing

Questions

Qu (1)

Submitted by:
Councillor D. Looney
Responsibility:
Marguerite Staunton

"To ask the Chief Executive for an update on the delivery of social housing in the area under the remit of this Committee, and to make a statement on the matter."

Qu (2)

Submitted by:
Councillor E. Murphy
Responsibility:
Neil Hanly

"To ask the Chief Executive to report on the amount of families in homeless hubs and hotels in the Rathfarnham Templeogue Terenure area?"

Correspondence

Cor (1)

Submitted by:
Housing
Responsibility:
Housing

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (2)

Submitted by:
Housing
Responsibility:
Housing

New Works (No Business)

H-I (3)

Submitted by:
Marguerite Staunton
Responsibility:
Marguerite Staunton

Housing Supply Report

Community

Correspondence

Cor (2)

Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
Community

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (4)

Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
Community

New Works (No Business)

H-I (5)

Submitted by:
Brian Carroll
Responsibility:
Brian Leonard

Deputations for Noting (No Business)

Transportation

Questions

Qu (3)

Submitted by:
Councillor D. Looney
Responsibility:
John Coughlan

"To ask the Chief Executive for an update on the following schemes in the area under the remit of this Committee;

- Whitehall-Wellington Cycle Scheme

- Dodder Greenway

- Walkinstown Roundabout Study/Works

- Bus Connects CBC Projects

Qu (4)

Submitted by:
Councillor E. Murphy
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

"To ask the Chief Executive if the footpath repairs programme for Beverly estate will include Orlagh Park, Orlagh Pines and Knockfield Manor which are contained within Beverly Estate?"

Qu (5)

Submitted by:
Councillor Rob Russell
Responsibility:
John Coughlan

"To ask the Chief Executive for an update on the Dodder Greenway?"

Correspondence

Cor (3)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Transportation

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (6)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Transportation

New Works (No Business)

H-I (7)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
William Purcell

Proposed Declaration of Roads to be Public Roads (No Business)

Motions

Mot (1)

Submitted by:
Councillor D. Looney
Responsibility:
John Coughlan

"That this Area Committee, learning the lessons of recent events, calls for the use of Part 8 procedures, with full public consultation and the democratic decision of elected Councillors, on all roads projects of a significant scale."

Mot (2)

Submitted by:
Councillor D. O'Donovan
Responsibility:
John Coughlan

"That this Area Committee asks the Chief Executive to comment and report on the attached footage taken at the Orlagh Roundabout on 12th February last, at same time, 8.40am, as the original drone footage, when the undemocratic decision was taken to reduce the roundabout from two lanes to one and give an outline of when the two lanes will be reinstated."

Here is the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9cNxwLeKZg

Planning

Correspondence

Cor (4)

Submitted by:
Planning
Responsibility:
Planning

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (8)

Submitted by:
Planning
Responsibility:
Planning

New Works (No Business)

Motions

Mot (3)

Submitted by:
Councillor D. O'Donovan
Responsibility:
Jason Frehill

"That this Area Committee requests the Chief Executive to present a report on the situation regarding the Firhouse Educate Together Secondary School and the fact that they currently have no site."

Mot (4)

Submitted by:
Councillor D. Looney
Responsibility:
Hazel Craigie

"That this Area Committee calls on the Chief Executive to ensure that all aspects of the agreed planning permission at Wilkins Court, Greenhills, Dublin 12 are adhered to, including a boundary fence and other works to protect Greenhills Park."

Economic Development

Correspondence

Cor (5)

Submitted by:
Economic Development
Responsibility:
Economic Development

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (9)

Submitted by:
Economic Development
Responsibility:
Economic Development

New Works (No Business)

Motions

Mot (5)

Submitted by:
Councillor E. Murphy
Responsibility:
Thomas Rooney

Cathaoirleach Business

"That this Area Committee asks the Chief Executive to provide a statement on the logistical arrangements that the Council has put in place for Gaelforce Dublin and to detail what communications have been made to the local communities in Old Bawn, Firhouse, Kiltipper and Bohernabreena who are affected by the event."

Mot (6)

Submitted by:
Councillor P. Foley
Responsibility:
Thomas Rooney

"That the recent brochure on Rathfarnham Stables was very helpful and gave an indication of what could be done with the out buildings in Rathfarnham Castle.  Local residents’ groups have pointed out that this indicative information should be expanded, where possible, to include parking and security facilities that such a project would require. In particular that the project and required parking and security arrangements would be self contained on the site. I understand that this is going to Part 8 but feel some consultations before part 8 would result ultimately in the best plan."

Libraries & Arts

Correspondence

Cor (6)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (10)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts

NEW WORKS (No Business)

H-I (11)

Submitted by:
Bernadette Fennell
Responsibility:
Bernadette Fennell

Library News and Events

H-I (12)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Orla Scannell

Application for Arts Grants (No Business)

Motions

Mot (7)

Submitted by:
Councillor S. Holland
Responsibility:
Bernadette Fennell

"That this Area Committee requests the Chief Executive to provide an update on the status of the Whitechurch library."

Corporate Support

Questions

Qu (6)

Submitted by:
Councillor S. Holland
Responsibility:
Sheila Kelly

"To ask the Chief Executive for a briefing on the recent bronze age discoveries on the Cosgrave site, to include the archaeological report and plans for preservation."

Correspondence

Cor (7)

Submitted by:
Corporate Support
Responsibility:
Corporate Support

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (13)

Submitted by:
Corporate Support
Responsibility:
Corporate Support

New Works (No Business)

Performance & Change Management

Correspondence

Cor (8)

Submitted by:
Performance & Change Management
Responsibility:
Performance & Change Management

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (14)

Submitted by:
Performance & Change Management
Responsibility:
Performance & Change Management

New Works (No Business)

Public Realm

Questions

Qu (7)

Submitted by:
Councillor D. Looney
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

"To ask the Chief Executive what are the plans and timescale for tree planting, removal and pruning on St Joseph’s Rd, Greenhills; to ask for a brief timeline of issues at this location; and to ask what budget is assigned to these works?"

Qu (8)

Submitted by:
Councillor D. Looney
Responsibility:
Suzanne Furlong

"To ask the Chief Executive to provide an update on all remaining playspace and teen space programme works in the area under the remit of this Committee, including a projected timeline for such?"

Qu (9)

Submitted by:
Councillor E. Murphy
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

"To ask the Chief Executive when the remainder of Whitechurch Estate will be listed on the Tree Programme?"

Correspondence

Cor (9)

Submitted by:
Public Realm
Responsibility:
Public Realm

Correspondence(No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (15)

Submitted by:
Public Realm
Responsibility:
Public Realm

New Works (No Business)

Motions

Mot (8)

Submitted by:
Councillor E. Murphy
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

Cathaoirleachs Business

"That this Area Committee asks the Chief Executive to conduct remedial works to pathway between Castlefield and Glenvara Estates and to add the project to the programme of works for 2019."

Mot (9)

Submitted by:
Councillor P. Kearns
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

"To ask the Chief Executive what measures are in place to address the infestation of infestation of the invasive species Gunnera (Wild Rhubarb) in the park. There are 3 locations around the upper end of the main lake. This is the same species that has infested Achill Island and caused such destruction there."

Mot (10)

Submitted by:
Councillor P. Kearns
Responsibility:
Suzanne Furlong

"That this Area Committee calls on the Chief Executive to reconsider his decision on Members Reps. ID: 1429957 in relation to the bridge between the slide and the climbing frame in Tymon Playground. I consider this to be a serious health and safety risk and look forward to discussing it further at our meeting."

Mot (11)

Submitted by:
Councillor S. Holland
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

"To ask the Chief Executive to make an adjustment to the gate at Glendoher Park, in order to permit access by wheelchair and mobility scooter users."

Mot (12)

Submitted by:
Councillor P. Foley
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

"In 2015, the long-awaited maintenance of a row of Leylandii trees on Cypress Grove South was cancelled at the last minute as it seemed that the lands were not taken in charge by SDCC.  It appears that the area where the trees are located has now been taken in charge (see attached).

One of the trees is dead and causing safety issues and others have grown to enormous heights. That this Area Committee agrees to have maintenance works expedited on these trees."

Mot (13)

Submitted by:
Councillor D. O'Donovan
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

"That this Area Committee calls on the Chief Executive to report on the plans for planting trees on open green spaces within the RTT area, outlining the location of same and reasoning behind locations chosen."

Mot (14)

Submitted by:
Councillor E. Murphy
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

Cathaoirleachs Business

"That this Area Committee requests that the Council add the footpath at Ellensborough Crescent to the programme of works for 2019. The 'pathway to nowhere' has been completely closed over by bushes and hedges and is inaccessible for wheelchair users and all pedestrian traffic."

Environment

Questions

Qu (10)

Submitted by:
Councillor D. O'Donovan
Responsibility:
Mary Maguire

"To ask the Chief Executive what resources are available for local community groups looking to take part in National Spring Clean Week?"

Correspondence

Cor (10)

Submitted by:
Environment
Responsibility:
Environment

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (16)

Submitted by:
Environment
Responsibility:
Environment

New Works (No Business)

Motions

Mot (15)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. McMahon
Responsibility:
Mary Maguire

"That this Area Committee asks the Chief Executive to please give an update regarding the allotments in Bohernabreena.

What are the plans for the allotments?

What is the number of allotments, inc. breakdown of the sizes etc?

Are there any planning guidelines or restrictions as to what individuals may put on their allotment?

Do the council ever remove any items from the allotments or are the holders ever given notice to remove items?

How long may a person stay on the allotment?

What are the general plans for the area and is it restricted to its current size etc?"

Water & Drainage

Correspondence

Cor (11)

Submitted by:
Water & Drainage
Responsibility:
Water & Drainage

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (17)

Submitted by:
Water & Drainage
Responsibility:
Water & Drainage

New Works (No Business)

A-Z of All Services