Coucnil Banner Image

Council Meetings

Clondalkin Area Committee Meeting 20th March, 2019 Agenda


Date:
20/03/2019 15:00
Location:
Clondalkin Office
Standing Orders:
View

Headed Items

H-I (1)

Submitted by:
C AC Meeting Administrator
Responsibility:
C AC Meeting Administrator

Confirmation & Re-affirmation of Minutes of Meeting of 20th February, 2019

Housing

Questions

Qu (1)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Johansson
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech

"To ask the Chief Executive to provide a full report on all actions taken by the Council in relation to the Traveller families on the site in Balgaddy, including any correspondence with other Local Authorities, and to outline how the decision was taken to go to court?" 

Qu (2)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
Marguerite Staunton

"To ask the Chief Executive for a report in Kilcarberry development and when houses will be delivered etc. Also to ask when commitment to block off Cherrywood opening with a wall will be delivered on? This was committed to before building was due to start?"

Qu (3)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Ward
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech

"Additional money was secured in the budget for housing maintenance. To ask the Chief Executive to provide a report on the windows and doors programme and how this additional money will be used for this programme for the benefit of residents in the Clondalkin LEA?"

Qu (4)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Johansson
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech

"To ask the Chief Executive if any fencing or wall will be provided at the new Lett's Field Housing Estate and the Ninth Lock Road as the existing boundary wall is extremely low?"

Qu (5)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Ward
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech

"To ask the Chief Executive to provide a report on phase 2 of the energy retrofitting programme and what Estates are included on the programme in the Clondalkin and Palmerstown/Fonthill LEAs?"

Headed Items

H-I (2)

Submitted by:
Housing
Responsibility:
Housing

New Works (No Business)

H-I (3)

Submitted by:
Director of Housing, Social & Community Development
Responsibility:
Marguerite Staunton

Quarterly Housing Supply

Correspondence

Cor (1)

Submitted by:
Housing
Responsibility:
Housing

Correspondence (No Business)

Motions

Mot (1)

Submitted by:
Councillor B. Bonner
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech

"That this Area Committee calls on the Minister for Housing, Eoin Murphy to ensure that more funding is found for the Rebuild Ireland Loan scheme and that, at the very least, funding would be found for those applicants who were already in the system and met the criteria for approval."

Community

Headed Items

H-I (4)

Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
Community

New Works (No Business)

H-I (5)

Submitted by:
Brian Carroll
Responsibility:
Brian Leonard

Deputations for Noting (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (2)

Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
Community

Correspondence (No Business)

Motions

Mot (2)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
Brian Hora

Cathaoirleach's Business

"That this Area Committee calls on the Clondalkin swimming pool to be fixed in a permanent manner, what actions will be carried out to rectify and make a permanent solution to the current unacceptable situation? We also ask for that a report is given into what maintenance contract exists for the pool."

Mot (3)

Submitted by:
Councillor T. Gilligan
Responsibility:
Brian Hora

"That this Area Committee give an update on the Clondalkin swimming pool works."

Mot (4)

Submitted by:
Councillor E. Higgins
Responsibility:
Brian Hora

"That this Area Committee expresses concern that yet again both full-size swimming pools in our county, including at the Clondalkin Leisure Centre, is out of action. We ask that a proper maintenance contract be drawn up and that any outstanding PO issues are rectified as a matter of urgency and seek a full report into the ongoing situation at the Clondalkin pool."

Mot (5)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Ward
Responsibility:
Brian Hora

"This Area Committee calls for an immediate professional inspection of the Clondalkin Swimming Pool be carried out to assess the installation of the mechanical boom which is again not working.  Furthermore that this inspection would be carried out by independent Civil/Structural, Electrical, and or Mechanical Engineers and a report produced for discussion.  This Committee also notes that the 25 meter pool is not just used by competitive swimmers but also by the general public."

Mot (6)

Submitted by:
Councillor T. Gilligan
Responsibility:
Brian Hora

"That this Area Committee allocate funding to St Francis UTD towards developing a top class Astro pitch in Baldonnell."

Mot (7)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
Brian Hora
"That this council supports the recommendations of the Family Resource Centre National Forum - Ireland's largest network of community childcare providers - following on from compliance visits from Pobal which are resulting in already stretched community childcare centres having to alter and even close down their valuable services as funding is taken back based on children's individual absences and attendance.  This could have serious consequences for the childcare services of Quarryvale FRC and the other two FRCs with childcare services in our county: Ballyboden and St. Kevin's, Kilnamanagh.  Childcare is an important link in the family support work carried out by FRCs, as is evidenced by the fact that three of the four FRCs in our county provide this service.

"We recommend the following five proposals to be urgently implemented in the subvention process if more of us are to avoid reductions of services or possible closure of our centres.

  1. An one hour’s grace period at the beginning and at the end of any part-time, full-time and  sessional placement
  2. As is the case with primary schools, a minimum of 22 days absence allowed for every child; it is worth noting that childcare services usually have the children for more weeks than schools do.
  3. A change of the compliance month from November to January.
  4. Recompense for the many voluntary managed community childcare services that will have to close if the current compliance reports are allowed to stand.
  5. Department officials to work with community projects to help them review and identify their true unit costs to ensure future sustainability of our voluntary managed, not for profit, community childcare services.

We commit to writing to the Minister for Children for consideration and the Manager of QFRC to express our support ’’

Transportation

Questions

Qu (6)

Submitted by:
Councillor B. Bonner
Responsibility:
John Coughlan

"To ask the Chief Executive when will the future road indicated on the County Development Plan from the Blessington Road across towards Saggart and then to new intersection over the N7 at Tootenhill west of Rathcoole and then heading Northwards past Newcastle and Greenogue be built and to make a statement on it." 

Qu (7)

Submitted by:
Councillor T. Gilligan
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

"To ask the Chief Executive to put the swing gate back at the gap between Oakwood Grove and St. Patrick's Estate?"

Qu (8)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

To ask the Chief Executive to liaise directly with Clondalkin Tidy Towns in the removal of a number of unused and unsightly poles within the Clondalkin area and work towards their removal before the Tidy Towns judges visit to adjudicate?"

Headed Items

H-I (6)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Transportation

New Works (No Business)

H-I (7)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Transportation

Proposed Declaration of Roads to be Public Roads (No Business)

H-I (8)

Submitted by:
Landuse Planning & Transportation
Responsibility:
Caitriona Lambert

Upgrade of Public Lighting at Monastery Estate

Correspondence

Cor (3)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Transportation

Correspondence (No Business)

Motions

Mot (8)

Submitted by:
Councillor T. Gilligan
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

"That this Area Committee repair the hole in the wall at Canal 9th Lock Road."

Mot (9)

Submitted by:
Councillor B. Bonner
Responsibility:
William Purcell

"That this Area Committee supports the installation of a signal controlled pedestrian crossing at the top of Castle Park to enable people to cross to the shops there."

Mot (10)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Ward
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

"That this Area Committee agrees that the Council fix the potholes at the following locations:

* Outside the Neilstown Boxing Club

* On Ballyowen Meadows beside the Clondalkin Equine Club and CASP

* At the entrance to Liscarne on the Neilstown Road"

Mot (11)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Ward
Responsibility:
William Purcell
 

That the area committee invites  the owners of Mill shopping centre to a meeting on behalf of the public regarding the implementation of parking restrictions in the car park, and seeks an acknowledgement that this car park is a vital infrastructural facility serving the use of vital public services in Clondalkin village such as An Garda Siochana, Post office, INTREO and SDCC public offices.

Furthermore to ask the Chief Executive, if the Company operating Mill Shopping Centre are acting in compliance with the original planning application in relation to the new parking restriction now being imposed on users of the car park?

Planning

Headed Items

H-I (9)

Submitted by:
Planning
Responsibility:
Planning

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (4)

Submitted by:
Planning
Responsibility:
Planning

Correspondence (No Business)

Motions

Mot (12)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
Rosaleen Dwyer

Cathaoirleach's Business

"That this Area Committee requests that South Dublin County Council assist the Clondalkin Community to formulate a pollinator strategy that is line with the All Ireland Pollinator Plan 2015-2020 (and that contact is made with Clondalkin Tidy Towns and Sruleen Community Development Association who have expressed a particular interest in this)."

Mot (13)

Submitted by:
Councillor T. Gilligan
Responsibility:
Hazel Craigie

"That this Area Committee outline what previous planning application has been approved.  What works is going on behind the Mill Centre/Mill Park Apartments. I understand this planning application is a few years old, however, no one seems to know what the planning permission includes."

Economic Development

Questions

Qu (9)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
Laura Leonard

"To ask the Chief Executive to consider investigating the purchase of the Steering Wheel car park for the development of a multi-story car park as a means of addressing the lack of car parking in the village as per County Development Plan and also to comment on how it might be delivered long term?"

Headed Items

H-I (10)

Submitted by:
Economic Development
Responsibility:
Economic Development

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (5)

Submitted by:
Economic Development
Responsibility:
Economic Development

Correspondence (No Business)

Motions

Mot (14)

Submitted by:
Councillor B. Bonner
Responsibility:
Laura Leonard

"That this Area Committee asks that a farmer's market or food co-operative could be accommodated by the Council in the Clondalkin area."

Libraries & Arts

Questions

Qu (10)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
Bernadette Fennell

"To ask the Chief Executive to look at holding talks on teenager and anxiety for Parents in Clondalkin Library and to make contact with the HSE in this regard?"

Headed Items

H-I (11)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Bernadette Fennell

Library News & Events

H-I (12)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts

Application for Arts Grants (No Business)

H-I (13)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (6)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts

Correspondence (No Business)

Motions

Mot (15)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Ward
Responsibility:
Bernadette Fennell

"As Mayor I launched the  Dolly Parton Imagination Library in Tallaght in February. This area committee agrees that the Council should look to expand this initiative to Clondalkin and that the initiative should be launched from the new North Clondalkin Library. This will see all children under the age of 5 receive a free book a month until they reach the age of 5 in the Clondalkin Area. This will be a great way to get children reading early in line with the opening of the new library."

Corporate Support

Questions

Qu (11)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
C AC Meeting Administrator

"To ask the Chief Executive to write to Scoil Aine on the occasion of their 50th Anniversary and wish them well on their celebrations on 23rd March, 2019?"

Headed Items

H-I (14)

Submitted by:
Corporate Support
Responsibility:
Corporate Support

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (7)

Submitted by:
Corporate Support
Responsibility:
Corporate Support

Correspondence

Motions

Mot (16)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
C AC Meeting Administrator

Cathaoirleach's Business

"That this Area Committee extends its congratulations to Clondalkin Celtic Football club for reaching its 50 years milestone this year. The committee recognises the huge commitment from everyone involved and commits to supporting Clondalkin Celtic Football club in its valuable contribution to the Clondalkin Community."

Mot (17)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Johansson
Responsibility:
C AC Meeting Administrator

"That this Committee agrees to write to the HSE to express our concern about the possible delay of the proposed new Primary Care Centre in Collinstown and to request a timeframe for its construction." 

Mot (18)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Johansson
Responsibility:
C AC Meeting Administrator

"That this Committee agree to write to all relevant authorities to express our deep concern with the potential move of the HSE's Adult Community Mental Health team from Clondalkin Village to Glenabbey in Tallaght. The services provided by the team are absolutely essential and so is the location at which they are accessed. This committee agrees that all services need to be retained in the Clondalkin area."   

Performance & Change Management

Questions

Qu (12)

Submitted by:
Councillor T. Gilligan
Responsibility:
Brian Keaney

"To ask the Chief Executive to outline any funding support for Corkagh Park Fisheries €1 million and to specify how the funding will be allocated?"

Headed Items

H-I (15)

Submitted by:
Performance & Change Management
Responsibility:
Performance & Change Management

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (8)

Submitted by:
Performance & Change Management
Responsibility:
Performance & Change Management

Correspondence (No Business)

Public Realm

Questions

Qu (13)

Submitted by:
Councillor T. Gilligan
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

"To ask the Chief Executive to clear the rubbish in Swiftbrook Park near the new housing at Millrace?"

Qu (14)

Submitted by:
Councillor T. Gilligan
Responsibility:
David Fennell

"To ask the Chief Executive to look into cleaning the cycle lane (Monastery Road through the Luas Station over the Red Cow Bridge).  It is full of glass and the markings could do with a re-painting?"

Qu (15)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Ward
Responsibility:
Suzanne Furlong

"To ask the Chief Executive to bring forward a report to the Area Committee for discussion providing an update on the astro turf pitch for Knockmitten United FC outlining a timeline for the delivery of the project?"

Headed Items

H-I (16)

Submitted by:
Public Realm
Responsibility:
Public Realm

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (9)

Submitted by:
Public Realm
Responsibility:
Public Realm

Correspondence (No Business)

Motions

Mot (19)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
David Fennell

Cathaoirleach's Business

"That this Area Committee requests that a wall with a kissing gate be built to replace the bollards between the Westbourne Drive and Westbourne Lawn in order to stop stolen cars, quads and scramblers that have been driving through them."

Mot (20)

Submitted by:
Councillor K. Egan
Responsibility:
Suzanne Furlong

To ask the Chief Executive to bring forward a report to the Area Committee for discussion providing an update on the astro turf pitch for Knockmitten United FC outlining a timeline for the delivery of the project.

Mot (21)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Ward
Responsibility:
Suzanne Furlong

"Collinstown Park is in line to get a play space, a teen space and pavilions. There is also a high usage of the park by the local football team. There is already parking problems around the Park and in adjoining Estates. This Area Committee asks for a report to be produced in the Council providing a car park in Collinstown Park similar to what is in Esker Park."

Mot (22)

Submitted by:
Councillor B. Bonner
Responsibility:
David Fennell

"That this Area Committee agrees that a site should be found in one of the parks in the CLondalkin LEA for a community composting facility."

Environment

Headed Items

H-I (17)

Submitted by:
Environment
Responsibility:
Environment

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (10)

Submitted by:
Environment
Responsibility:
Environment

Correspondence (No Business)

Motions

Mot (23)

Submitted by:
Councillor B. Bonner
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

"That this Area Committee supports an incentive scheme for shopkeepers who agree to reduce the volume of plastic and other packaging by offering loose fruit and vegetables, by offering paper bags instead of plastic bags and by facilitating customers who bring their own refillable containers." 

Water & Drainage

Headed Items

H-I (18)

Submitted by:
Water & Drainage
Responsibility:
Water & Drainage

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (11)

Submitted by:
Water & Drainage
Responsibility:
Water & Drainage

Correspondence (No Business)

A-Z of All Services