Coucnil Banner Image

Council Meetings

Clondalkin Area Committee Meeting 18th September, 2019 Agenda


Date:
18/09/2019 15:00
Location:
Clondalkin Office
Standing Orders:
View

Headed Items

H-I (1)

Submitted by:
C AC Meeting Administrator
Responsibility:
C AC Meeting Administrator

Confirmation & Re-affirmation of Minutes of Meeting of 17th April, 2019

Economic Development

Questions

Qu (1)

Submitted by:
Councillor William Joseph Carey
Responsibility:
Laura Leonard

"To ask Chief Executive for confirmation of ownership of the relevant lands surrounding the proposed development for housing, GAA playing pitches, Department of Education, public parking area, and amenity areas surrounding these projects in the Rathcoole."

Headed Items

H-I (2)

Submitted by:
Economic Development
Responsibility:
Economic Development

New Works (No Business)

H-I (3)

Submitted by:
Patricia O'Reilly
Responsibility:
Thomas Rooney

Area Committee Representative to Brú Chrónáin Steering Committee

Correspondence

Cor (1)

Submitted by:
Economic Development
Responsibility:
Economic Development

Correspondence

Libraries & Arts

Questions

Qu (2)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
Bernadette Fennell

"To ask the Chief Executive for a report into the proposed Library for Rathcoole that will serve Newcastle, Saggart and Brittas?  To ask that it includes a multi purpose meeting/music space that would be of use to the Community?"

Qu (3)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
Bernadette Fennell

"To ask the Chief Executive to look at ways South Dublin County Council can support the Call It Out campaign in our County Libraries?  The Call It Out campaign calls for an end to Biphobia, Transphobia and Homophobic behaviour,  and to look at holding talks and displaying Call It Out posters. The Campaign is a joint initiative of the Transgender Equality Network Ireland (TENI) and the Hate and Hostility Research Group at the University of Limerick."

Headed Items

H-I (4)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Bernadette Fennell

Library News & Events

H-I (5)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Bernadette Fennell

Application for Arts Grants

H-I (6)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts

New Works  (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (2)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts

Correspondence (No Business)

Corporate Support

Headed Items

H-I (7)

Submitted by:
Corporate Support
Responsibility:
Corporate Support

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (3)

Submitted by:
Corporate Support
Responsibility:
Corporate Support

Correspondence

Questions

Qu (4)

Submitted by:
Councillor T. Gilligan
Responsibility:
Cristina Hurson

"To ask the Chief Executive  to give an update on the facilities in the creche in Clondalkin Civic Offices?"

Motions

Mot (1)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
C AC Meeting Administrator

"That this Area Committee writes to the Minister for Justice and the Garda Commissioner to demand additional resources for the Clondalkin LEA.  The level of crimes and anti social behaviour is unacceptable as is the Garda Response time. As elected members we demand that our area gets additional resources to tackle growing crime in Clondalkin, Newcastle, Rathcoole, Saggart and Brittas. We also commit to sending a copy of this motion to Clondalkin and Rathcoole Stations to show our support and solidarity with our local Guards."  

Mot (2)

Submitted by:
Councillor William Joseph Carey
Responsibility:
C AC Meeting Administrator

"The committee agrees to write to the Department of Education requesting the inclusion of an additional junior school for the Rathcoole/Newcastle area in addition to that already included in the Departments Capital Plan, to meet the need for additional school places in those areas."

Mot (3)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
C AC Meeting Administrator

"That this newly elected Area Committee once again condemns the system known as Direct Provision and the Centre known as the Towers in Clondalkin. We recognise the dignity and rights of every human being to a home and safe place to live and work.  We call  for the end of the 'Direct Provision' system and the introduction of a humane reception system in line with international best practice. We commit again to write to the Minister for Justice."

Performance & Change Management

Headed Items

H-I (8)

Submitted by:
Performance & Change Management
Responsibility:
Performance & Change Management

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (4)

Submitted by:
Performance & Change Management
Responsibility:
Performance & Change Management

Correspondence (No Business)

Water & Drainage

Headed Items

H-I (9)

Submitted by:
Water & Drainage
Responsibility:
Water & Drainage

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (5)

Submitted by:
Water & Drainage
Responsibility:
Water & Drainage

Correspondence (No Business)

Public Realm

Questions

Qu (5)

Submitted by:
Councillor William Joseph Carey
Responsibility:
Suzanne Furlong

"To ask the Chief Executive to provide an update on the provision of an Astro Turf pitch in partnership with Knockmitten Utd FC on the grounds of Knockmitten Community Centre, including a timeline for when the construction of the Astro will commence and conclude."

Qu (6)

Submitted by:
Councillor Peter Kavanagh
Responsibility:
Maire Ni Dhomhnaill

"To ask the Chief Executive has a register of trees for the Clondalkin local electoral area been compiled? Does this include age and importance to natural heritage?"

Qu (7)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
Michael McAdam

"To ask the Chief Executive for a report into the Corkagh Fisheries and that they are restocking and some work is carried out to get them used again? When will a decision be made on their long term use?"

Headed Items

H-I (10)

Submitted by:
Public Realm
Responsibility:
Public Realm

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (6)

Submitted by:
Public Realm
Responsibility:
Public Realm

Correspondence (No Business)

Motions

Mot (4)

Submitted by:
Councillor T. Gilligan
Responsibility:
David Fennell

"That this Area Committee request for name stone outside St. John's Wood,  Castlechurch and Newcaste."

Mot (5)

Submitted by:
Councillor E. Higgins
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

"That this  Area Committee calls on Management to install water fountains in Rathcoole and Corkagh Parks in support of a greener environment, along with an action plan to inform sports clubs and park users that they are available in order to encourage use of same with the intention of reducing the use of plastic bottle and litter." 

Mot (6)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
David Fennell

"That this Committee calls on South Dublin County Council to look at the general maintenance of the Bawnogue Area.  To consider painting the walls beside Melrose and Deansrath. The planting of additional trees and look at ways to brighten up and maintain and enhance the aesthetics of the general area of Bawnogue. (to also include fixing potholes and bolloards that are broken or gone)"

Mot (7)

Submitted by:
Councillor Eoin Ó Broin
Responsibility:
David Fennell

"The ruin of Kilmahuddrick Church and its surrounds is the second oldest medieval site in Clondalkin after the Round Tower. It has potential to be a tourist attraction and a landmark, and a well-maintained heritage site for the county. Unfortunately, the site has been abandoned and is covered with untold amounts of waste and overgrown hedges and ivy. This motion is calling on this area committee to organise a clean-up of Kilmahuddrick Church and the surrounding area as far as the moat of the church. The clean-up should take due consideration of the architectural and archaeological heritage of the site, conservation of the site going forward, and to the hygiene and health and safety issues connected to the type of waste found it its vicinity."

Mot (8)

Submitted by:
Councillor T. Gilligan
Responsibility:
Michael McAdam

"That the Chief Executive outlines the process for a name stone outside a Housing Estate."

Mot (9)

Submitted by:
Councillor E. Higgins
Responsibility:
Michael McAdam

"That this Area Committee gives all necessary support to establishing a Darkness into Light event at Corkagh Park in 2020."

Environment

Questions

Qu (8)

Submitted by:
Councillor E. Higgins
Responsibility:
Michael McAdam

"Can a drone pilot be rolled out in order to assess and monitor litter blackspots? Mahon's Lane in Saggart and Baldonnell Road are litter blackspots in areas that are difficult to clean without closing the road, so would make the perfect pilot location."

Headed Items

H-I (11)

Submitted by:
Environment
Responsibility:
Environment

New Works (No Business)

H-I (12)

Submitted by:
Environment
Responsibility:
Michael McAdam

Quarterly Report on Litter Managment Plan 

Correspondence

Cor (7)

Submitted by:
Environment
Responsibility:
Environment

Correspondence (No Business)

Housing

Questions

Qu (9)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech

"To ask the Chief Executive for a report into the vacant houses on Station Road and when will they be turned into much needed housing stock?"

Headed Items

H-I (13)

Submitted by:
Housing
Responsibility:
Housing

New Works (No Business)

H-I (14)

Submitted by:
Director of Housing, Social & Community Development
Responsibility:
Marguerite Staunton

Quarterly Housing Supply Report

Correspondence

Cor (8)

Submitted by:
Housing
Responsibility:
Housing

Correspondence (No Business)

Motions

Mot (10)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
Neil Hanly

"That this Area Committee be updated on a suitable Homeless Hostel to be constructed in the Clondalkin area within the lifetime of this Council and that the Area Committee be kept regularly updated on this dire community need."

Mot (11)

Submitted by:
Councillor William Joseph Carey
Responsibility:
Marguerite Staunton

"That the area committee agrees that the Chief Executive should engage with the owners of the land surrounding the Mill Centre with a view to securing a voluntary increase in the Part V Social and Affordable Housing provision of any proposed residential development on those lands."

Mot (12)

Submitted by:
Councillor William Joseph Carey
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech

"That the Area Committee agrees that the Chief Executive should bring forward a Compulsary Purchase Order for the vacant houses at Station Grove, Clondalkin, Dublin 22 to ensure that these much needed homes are brought into use."

Community

Headed Items

H-I (15)

Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
Community

New Works (No Business)

H-I (16)

Submitted by:
Director of Housing, Social & Community Development
Responsibility:
Brian Hora

Deputations for Noting

Correspondence

Cor (9)

Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
Community

Correspondence

Transportation

Questions

Qu (10)

Submitted by:
Councillor T. Gilligan
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

"That this Committee comments on the work required outside relating to proper tarmac/gravel outside a number of houses at Woodford Close?"

Qu (11)

Submitted by:
Councillor E. Higgins
Responsibility:
William Purcell

"Can I get a copy of the traffic reports done on Rathcoole Village over the past 18 months in response to ACM motions and discussions at the Traffic Committee Meetings?"

Qu (12)

Submitted by:
Councillor T. Gilligan
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

"To ask the Chief Executive to install steel barriers on the Main Road, 9th Lock Road at Cappaghmore to afford some level of pedestrian protection?" 

Qu (13)

Submitted by:
Councillor E. Higgins
Responsibility:
William Purcell

"Can I get a copy of the report done on the site adjacent to Rathcoole Park which showed that the site was not suitable for a car park due to the Boherboy Water Scheme piping?"

Headed Items

H-I (17)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Transportation

New Works (No Business)

H-I (18)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Transportation

Proposed Declaration of Roads to be Public Roads (No Business)

H-I (19)

Submitted by:
Sheila Kelly
Responsibility:
Sheila Kelly

Initiation of Review of South Dublin County Council (Control of Parking) Bye Laws 2010

Correspondence

Cor (10)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Transportation

Correspondence (No Business)

Motions

Mot (13)

Submitted by:
Councillor William Joseph Carey
Responsibility:
Jennifer McGrath,John Coughlan

"This committee calls upon South Dublin County Council to immediately proceed with plans under the NTA Monastery Road Walking Scheme to install a signalized pedestrian crossing on the Woodford arm of the SIAC roundabout."

Mot (14)

Submitted by:
Councillor William Joseph Carey
Responsibility:
William Purcell

"This committee calls upon South Dublin County Council to bring forward a plan to establish a pedestrian crossing at the junction of Fonthill Road/St. John's Road West at the access gateway to Clondalkin Commons."

Planning

Questions

Qu (14)

Submitted by:
Councillor E. Higgins
Responsibility:
Hazel Craigie

"What correspondence has the Council had with Knightstone Construction in relation to the half built playground in Aylmer Heath, Newcastle?"

Qu (15)

Submitted by:
Councillor Peter Kavanagh
Responsibility:
Rosaleen Dwyer

"To ask the Chief Executive if he will report on the implementation of the All-Ireland Pollinator Plan in the Clondalkin Area, with regard to areas signposted as "managed for biodiversity" which have now been mown and cleared. To further ask if these areas will be planted with wildflowers and other native plants to encourage biodiversity?"

Qu (16)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
Jason Frehill

"To ask the Chief Executive for a report into The RIC Barracks - what can be done to get this building into use? Is access available to inspect inside and if so what is the condition? Also what is the situation with ivy on top of the building? Will this damage the roof? The building would make a great tourist information office?"

Headed Items

H-I (20)

Submitted by:
Director of Land Use, Planning and Transportation
Responsibility:
Jason Frehill

Clonburris SDZ Planning Scheme 2019

H-I (21)

Submitted by:
Director of Land Use, Planning and Transportation
Responsibility:
Jason Frehill

Implementation of Clonburris SDZ Planning Scheme

H-I (22)

Submitted by:
Director of Land Use, Planning and Transportation
Responsibility:
Fiona Redmond

Strategic Housing Development - Stage 3 application submitted to An Bord Pleanála - Newcastle South & Ballynakelly

H-I (23)

Submitted by:
Director of Land Use, Planning and Transportation
Responsibility:
Fiona Redmond

Strategic Housing Development - Stage 3 application submitted to An Bord Pleanála - Outer Rind Road (R136),  Old Nangor Road (L5254), Cherrywood Park, Kilcarbery aveenue and Corkagh Park

H-I (24)

Submitted by:
Planning
Responsibility:
Planning

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (11)

Submitted by:
Planning
Responsibility:
Planning

Correspondence (No Business)

Motions

Mot (15)

Submitted by:
Councillor Peter Kavanagh
Responsibility:
Jason Frehill

Cathaoirleach's Business

"This committee calls on South Dublin County Council to reverse it's decision refusing a biodiversity study for the area of the proposed Part 8 development in Rathcoole in the area locally known as the 4 Districts Woodland."

Mot (16)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
Hazel Craigie

"That this Area Committee calls for the preservation of what's left of The Swiftbrook Paper Mills in Saggart and investigates how it can be preserved for future generations, This will include several Departments of South Dublin County Council working together.    We also request that the area is regularly maintained for litter and graffiti removal by South Dublin County Council.  Also that the Mill is clearly signposted and an information board is erected to explain its significance and history and the book written by Mervyn Ennis on Swiftbrook Paper Mills is made available in Bru Chrónáin. That a report be issued on what steps are and can be taken and what the current position of the Mills is in our County Development plan?  Also to clarify who owns the Mills and could South Dublin County Council take in charge in order to maintain and preserve it?"

Mot (17)

Submitted by:
Councillor E. Higgins
Responsibility:
Jason Frehill

"That this Area Committee seeks a Biodiversity study of the Woodland Area in Rathcoole as a matter of urgency."

Mot (18)

Submitted by:
Councillor Eoin Ó Broin
Responsibility:
Jason Frehill

"Given that there are only 60,000 trees in the area administered by South Dublin County Council (http://www.sdublincoco.ie/Media/Item/33641), and given that Minister Bruton has proposed planting 22 Million trees annually for the next 20 years (https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/plan-to-plant-a-whopping-22m-trees-more-than-6000-croke-park-pitches-a-year-to-beat-greenhouse-gases-38452822.html), and given that there are approximately 10,000 trees in the area of Rathcoole known as the Four Districts Woodland (facebook.com/fourdistrictswoodland) which is also the area designated for housing according to the draft proposal presented to the full council in July (H18 MIXED TENURE DEVELOPMENTS), I propose that relevant council officials discuss with this area committee the options available to both deliver social housing in Rathcoole and preserve as much of the four district woodland as possible. The small areas of the woodland proposed to being preserved in the draft plan presented to the council meeting in July, i.e. in the south west corner of the site and along the stream, are unviable as a woodland. They are not large enough to constitute a working woodland ecosystem. At a minimum the areas to the south or alternatively to the north of the stream that dissects the woodland should be preserved to constitute a viable woodland habitat. As part of any discussion I would like this area committee to discuss the situation with the lands to the east of the Four Districts Woodland marked as 'proposed pitches (5)' in the plan presented in July."

A-Z of All Services