Coucnil Banner Image

Council Meetings

Clondalkin Area Committee Meeting 16th October, 2019 Agenda


Date:
16/10/2019 15:00
Location:
Clondalkin Office
Standing Orders:
View

Headed Items

H-I (1)

Submitted by:
C AC Meeting Administrator
Responsibility:
C AC Meeting Administrator

Confirmation & Re-affirmation of Minutes of Meeting of 18th September, 2019

Performance & Change Management

Headed Items

H-I (2)

Submitted by:
Performance & Change Management
Responsibility:
Performance & Change Management

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (1)

Submitted by:
Performance & Change Management
Responsibility:
Performance & Change Management

Correspondence (No Business)

Corporate Support

Questions

Qu (1)

Submitted by:
Councillor E. Higgins
Responsibility:
Niall Noonan

"To ask the Chief Executive to provide an update on the 300K Have Your Say Projects?"

Headed Items

H-I (3)

Submitted by:
Corporate Support
Responsibility:
Corporate Support

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Motions

Mot (1)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
C AC Meeting Administrator

"That this Area Committee congratulates and commends Clondalkin Tidy Towns, Newcastle Tidy Towns, Rathcoole Tidy Towns and Brittas Tidy Towns and we thank them for all the incredible work they do.  We commend the volunteers who work tirelessly to improve our villages and make South Dublin County Council a better county. We commit to writing to each Tidy Towns in The Clondalkin Area to commend their efforts."

Public Realm

Questions

Qu (2)

Submitted by:
Councillor E. Higgins
Responsibility:
David Fennell

"To ask the Chief Executive for an update on the programme of works for Corkagh Park?"

Qu (3)

Submitted by:
Councillor Eoin Ó Broin
Responsibility:
David Fennell

"In the 300K Have Your Say initiative for the Clondalkin Area the project entitled: A Community Orchard, Clondalkin Electoral Area and with the  following description: 'This is a combination of four separate project suggestions that ask for tree planting and community orchards to be made available throughout the Clondalkin Electoral Area.  These trees will be visually striking and will add to the natural landscape.' received the 5th most amount of votes.  One of the people who submitted this proposal has expressed concern to me that South Dublin County Council do not intend to create an orchard at all but rather disperse fruit trees around the Clondalkin Area.  To ask the Chief Executive if this is the case?"

Headed Items

H-I (4)

Submitted by:
Public Realm
Responsibility:
Public Realm

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (3)

Submitted by:
Public Realm
Responsibility:
Public Realm

Correspondence (No Business)

Motions

Mot (2)

Submitted by:
Councillor Peter Kavanagh
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

Cathaoirleach's Business

"That this area Committee calls on the Chief Executive to outline what actions South Dublin County Council have undertaken based on the findings and principles of the Dublin Tree Canopy Study specifically to increase canopy on South Dublin County Council's owned lands, and to report on South Dublin County Council's policy regarding Native Woodland establishment and the reason that natural native Woodlands seem to be omitted from the Tree Management document."

Mot (3)

Submitted by:
Councillor T. Gilligan
Responsibility:
Maire Ni Dhomhnaill

"That this Area Committee view the assessment from South Dublin County Council re. trees in Lealand. There are also 2 large dead trees in the Central Green Area. Lastly, can we get a time frame for tree maintenance for Lealand?"

Mot (4)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
Michael McAdam

"That this Area Committee requests the Chief Executive to look at commissioning a canvass art project that could be called  "The Faces of Clondalkin'' that would include well know people from Clondalkin like Jim Gavin, Mary Kennedy, Bernard Dunne, Aidan Turner, Mic Christopher, Kenneth Egan and Graham Norton etc. We also commend South Dublin County Council for the fantastic canvass initiative."  

Mot (5)

Submitted by:
Councillor E. Higgins
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

"That this Area Committee agrees not to re-open the entrance to Rathcoole Park at Springbank Estate. (Tallaght Area Committee Meeting September 24th 2018). There are two entrances to Rathcoole Park within a short distance of Springbank Estate – gate at Fitzmaurice Road and footbridge in Millrace."

Environment

Headed Items

H-I (5)

Submitted by:
Environment
Responsibility:
Environment

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (4)

Submitted by:
Environment
Responsibility:
Environment

Correspondence (No Business)

Water & Drainage

Questions

Qu (4)

Submitted by:
Councillor E. Higgins
Responsibility:
Chris Galvin

"To ask the Chief Executive for a list of existing and proposed electric car charging points in the Clondalkin Electoral Area."

Qu (5)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
C AC Meeting Administrator

"To ask the Chief Executive that he write to ‘Friends of the Camac‘ and extend the Clondalkin Area Committees congratulations on winning the Tidy Towns - WATERS & COMMUNITIES AWARD, both Regional & National level?"

Headed Items

H-I (6)

Submitted by:
Water & Drainage
Responsibility:
Water & Drainage

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (5)

Submitted by:
Water & Drainage
Responsibility:
Water & Drainage

Correspondence (No Business)

Motions

Mot (6)

Submitted by:
Councillor Eoin Ó Broin
Responsibility:
C AC Meeting Administrator

"That this Area Committee congratulates the Friends of the Camac Group on their recent success in winning the Waters and Communities Special Award in the National Tidy Towns Awards."

Community

Questions

Qu (6)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
Brian Hora

"To ask the Chief Executive to arrange for liaison wth the St. Brigid's Festival Committee, Clondaklkin?"

Headed Items

H-I (7)

Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
Community

New Works (No Business)

H-I (8)

Submitted by:
Director of Housing, Social & Community Development
Responsibility:
Brian Hora

Deputations for Noting (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (6)

Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
Community

Correspondence (No Business)

Motions

Mot (7)

Submitted by:
Councillor E. Higgins
Responsibility:
C AC Meeting Administrator

"That this Area Committee congratulates Sports Partnership on the successful organisation of Inspired at South Dublin."

Housing

Questions

Qu (7)

Submitted by:
Councillor William Joseph Carey
Responsibility:
Marguerite Staunton

"To ask the Chief Executive when he will bring forward a Part 8 Planning Application for the lands North of Ashwood and Lindisfarne on Grand Canal Park?"

Headed Items

H-I (9)

Submitted by:
Housing
Responsibility:
Housing

New Works (No Business)

H-I (10)

Submitted by:
Director of Housing, Social & Community Development
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech

Anti Social Behaviour - Quarterly Statistics

Correspondence

Cor (7)

Submitted by:
Housing
Responsibility:
Housing

Correspondence (No Business)

Motions

Mot (8)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
Maire O'Sullivan

''That this Area Committee ask the Chief Executive to issue a full and detailed report to explain why it has taken so long for 'repairs' into the Clondalkin Boardwalk.  Bearing in mind this issue was highlighted by the Tidy Towns National adjudicator a few times and raised at previous ACMs. What is the delay and when will work be finished? What has been the costs involved in the Boardwalk and its repairs?  Also that this Committee asks for a commitment timeframe of when the work will be completed?" 

Planning

Questions

Qu (8)

Submitted by:
Councillor William Joseph Carey
Responsibility:
Jason Frehill

"To ask the Chief Executive if the intensification of planning applications for nursing homes in the Clondalkin Village is in keeping with the County Development Plan, or is it a manipulation of gaps in the strictures of the plan?"

Qu (9)

Submitted by:
Councillor Peter Kavanagh
Responsibility:
Mick Mulhern

"To ask the Chief Executive what is the Council’s position and policy on habitats outside of those listed in Annex 1 habitats of the Habitats Directive which, although not protected, are nonetheless rare and valuable such as the Rathcoole Woodland which is a self-generated pioneer natural native woodland given that all new native woodlands are afforestation projects i.e. man made? Further, if the Chief Executive would report on same?"

Qu (10)

Submitted by:
Councillor Eoin Ó Broin
Responsibility:
Jason Frehill

"The written response to Motions 15 (63225), 17 (62768) and 18 (63235),  of the September 2019 Clondalkin Area Meeting included the following paragraph:

'The reference to woodlands at Rathcoole in the ownership of SDCC are partially zoned New Residential (RES-N), Rural (RU) and Open Space (OS). The Council is currently considering how new homes and associated community facilities could be provided in this area to support a new residential community. An initial discussion on this was held at the full Council meeting on 8th July. A preliminary urban framework layout was displayed at that meeting. The preparation of that preliminary urban framework for the area was carried out by a multi disciplinary team including an urban designer, planner, architect, transport engineer, archaeologist, ecologist, arborist, landscape architect and an environmental planner. As such, the preliminary layout is informed by environmental and biodiversity considerations.'

To ask the Chief Executive, what contributions the Achaeologist, Ecologist, Arborist made to the preliminary urban framework layout and if in general there is a hierarchy of importance given to the inputs of any of the Urban Designer,  Planner, Architect, Transport Engineer, Archaeologist, Ecologist, Arborist, Landscape Architect and an Environmental Planner?"

Qu (11)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
Hazel Craigie,Irenie McLoughlin

"To ask the Chief Executive for a full and detailed report into Clondalkin as a designated Architectural Conservation Area as per the South Dublin County Council Development Plan. What efforts are being made by South Dublin County Council to ensure Clondalkin remains as an Architectural Conservation Area?  What buildings and walls are protected around the village area?"

Qu (12)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
Fiona Redmond

"To ask the Chief Executive for a report into a Community space in Ballynakelly, Newcastle, that is lying idle over 10 years. An application for this to be changed to Housing has been fast-track to  An Bord Pleanála. 

Could clarification from the Planning Department be given on how planning permission was granted for a Community space and now is changed to Housing?

A creche facility at Newcastle Manor was granted approval 15 years ago but remains boarded up.

The Committee requests a report on both issues?"

Headed Items

H-I (11)

Submitted by:
Planning
Responsibility:
Planning

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (8)

Submitted by:
Planning
Responsibility:
Planning

Correspondence (No Business)

Motions

Mot (9)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
Jason Frehill

"That this Area Committee calls on the Chief Executive to initiate a Local Area Plan for Rathcoole."

Transportation

Questions

Qu (13)

Submitted by:
Councillor Eoin Ó Broin
Responsibility:
William Purcell

"There are numerous 'headless' poles around the Clondalkin Area. See attached photo of one on Watery Lane. These are poles that once held a sign or signpost but no longer do so. To ask the Chief Executive if the Clondalkin Tidy Towns could on a case by case basis put signs on these poles with messages such as 'Keep Clondalkin Tidy'?"

Qu (14)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
John Coughlan

"To ask the Chief Executive to issue a report into when the Outer Ring Road in Newcastle will be built and has money been allocated for same to alleviate traffic congestion in the area as per Newcastle Local Area Plan?"

Headed Items

H-I (12)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Transportation

New Works (No Business)

H-I (13)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Transportation

Proposed Declaration of Roads to be Public Roads (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (9)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Transportation

Correspondence (No Business)

Motions

Mot (10)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
C AC Meeting Administrator

"That this Area Committee commits to writing to the NTA to investigate the possibility and viability of a flyover from Main Street to N7 in Rathcoole to alleviate traffic congestion."

Mot (11)

Submitted by:
Councillor E. Higgins
Responsibility:
William Purcell

"That this Area Committee orders a Traffic Management report for Rathcoole which includes a feasibility study of a HGV ban through the village."

Mot (12)

Submitted by:
Councillor William Joseph Carey
Responsibility:
William Purcell

"That this Area Committee calls upon South Dublin County Council to bring forward plans to address the chronic traffic congestion in and around the Rathcoole Area and that Council liaise with community groups in addressing this problem."

Mot (13)

Submitted by:
Councillor William Joseph Carey
Responsibility:
William Purcell

"That this Area Committee calls upon South Dublin County Council to provide parking spaces at the cul de sac at Lealand Drive. That the Chief Executive presents a report for discussion outlining options and estimated costs for the provision of these spaces."

Libraries & Arts

Headed Items

H-I (14)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts

New Works (No Business)

H-I (15)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Bernadette Fennell

Library News & Events

H-I (16)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts

Application for Arts Grants (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (10)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts

Correspondence (No Business)

Economic Development

Questions

Qu (15)

Submitted by:
Councillor William Joseph Carey
Responsibility:
Laura Leonard

A condition of the planning permission granted in 2003 for the building of Orchard Lodge apartments (SD3A/0271) was that the developer would provide space for a community meeting room measuring approx. 1,500sq ft.

Can the Council confirm the current ownership of this space, what ownership model is envisaged for this premises and when they will be able to transfer the premises to an appropriate community based group.

Qu (16)

Submitted by:
Councillor E. Higgins
Responsibility:
Laura Leonard

"To ask the Chief Executive for an update on the Green Way to Hazel Hatch?"

Qu (17)

Submitted by:
Councillor Eoin Ó Broin
Responsibility:
Laura Leonard

A condition of the planning permission granted in 2003 for the Orchard Lodge apartment block in Clondalkin (SD03A/0271) was that there would be a community meeting space (Senior Citizens Centre) provided. Sixteen years later the Community Space has never been fitted out or made accessible to community groups. Can the manager confirm that now in 2019 a budget has finally been allocated to cover the fit out of the space to the extent that it would make the space useable? Can the manager also state if there are any existing agreements or leases with regard to the use of the space between the property developer, SDCC or any community groups?

Qu (18)

Submitted by:
Councillor William Joseph Carey
Responsibility:
Laura Leonard

"To ask the Chief Executive for an update on the provision of land for a new child and family centre for Bawnogue?"

Headed Items

H-I (17)

Submitted by:
Economic Development
Responsibility:
Economic Development

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (11)

Submitted by:
Economic Development
Responsibility:
Economic Development

Correspondence (No Business)

A-Z of All Services