Coucnil Banner Image

Council Meetings

Clondalkin Area Committee Meeting 16th September, 2020 Agenda


Date:
16/09/2020 15:00
Location:
Virtual Meeting
Standing Orders:
View

Teams Meeting.<br />Staff will be in attendance in HQ to ensure stable internet connection and to allow for the administration of the meeting.<br /><br />Social distancing will be adhered to.

Headed Items

H-I (1)

Submitted by:
C AC Meeting Administrator
Responsibility:
C AC Meeting Administrator

Confirmation & Re-affirmation of Minutes of Meeting held on 17th June, 2020

Economic Development

Questions

Qu (1)

Submitted by:
Councillor Eoin &#211; Broin
Responsibility:
Laura Leonard

"To ask the Chief Executive for an update on the process of South Dublin County Council taking ownership of the Community Meeting Space in the Orchard Lodge Apartment Block on Orchard Road in Clondalkin for which planning permission was granted in 2003 (SD03A/0271)?"

Qu (2)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
Laura Leonard

"To ask the Chief Executive to issue a progress update report on Orchard Lodge? What is status and is funding in place to refurbish? What is the current delay and where is it at?

Headed Items

H-I (2)

Submitted by:
Economic Development
Responsibility:
Economic Development

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (1)

Submitted by:
Economic Development
Responsibility:
Economic Development

Correspondence (No Business)

Motions

Mot (1)

Submitted by:
Councillor Eoin &#211; Broin
Responsibility:
Laura Leonard

Cathaoirleach's Business

"That this Area Committee calls for any outline plans or ideas that exist for the Water Tower site on the Monastery Road in Clondalkin to be presented to the LEA. For information it is this Councillor's opinion that a feasibility study should be carried out into the placing of a viewing platform on top of the Water Tower. With its 12 concrete pillars the Water Tower has been 'over engineered' and should be able to take the weight of a viewing platform. It is also this Councillor's opinion that Round Towers GAA Club should be allowed to paint a mural on the side of the Water Tower."

Mot (2)

Submitted by:
Councillor Eoin &#211; Broin
Responsibility:
Laura Leonard

"The Grand Canal in Clondalkin is a great amenity for walking, cycling, jogging, fishing, bird and insect watching and even boating. There are however numerous matters that reduce the possibility for the general public to enjoy the amenity such as but not limited to: plastic and metal litter in the canal water, litter in the hedges beside the banks of the canal, bins not being emptied along the canal, bins being burned, gatherings of youth consuming alcohol in open air on hot days at the 9th Lock, the slipway at the 9th lock being used for horse washing, horse manure on both banks of the canal, scrambler and moped bikes speeding on both banks, dereliction of the Lock House, and open drug dealing. Given these problems this committee calls for a study visit of the area to be organised for local representatives and staff of SDCC, Waterways Ireland, Clondalkin Drug and Alcohol Task Force, the Gardaí Síochána, Clondalkin Equine Club and other relevant organisations." 

Libraries & Arts

Headed Items

H-I (3)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts

New Works (No Business)

H-I (4)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Bernadette Fennell

Library News & Events

H-I (5)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts

Application for Arts Grants (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (2)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts

Correspondence (No Business)

Corporate Support

Headed Items

H-I (6)

Submitted by:
Corporate Support
Responsibility:
Corporate Support

New Works (No Business)

H-I (7)

Submitted by:
Corporate Support
Responsibility:
Niall Noonan

€300k Have Your Say projects, ‘A Safety and Inclusivity Study’.

Correspondence

Cor (3)

Submitted by:
Corporate Support
Responsibility:
Corporate Support

Correspondence (No Business)

Motions

Mot (3)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
Niall Noonan

"That this Committee calls on the next Government and Minister with responsibility for Drugs strategy to look at Irish legislation in relation to Laughing Gas cannisters. The Legislation says it is illegal to sell this substance for human consumption and it’s also illegal to consume it under the Criminal Justice (Psychoactive Substances) Act 2010. However, because of its use in the catering industry, the gas can be purchased in large quantities with relative ease. We request that this is highlighted by South Dublin County Council as to the dangers of this substance on there social media accounts and through a press statement to media."

Mot (4)

Submitted by:
Councillor William Joseph Carey
Responsibility:
C AC Meeting Administrator

"Rathcoole,Newcastle and Saggart is one of the fastest growing areas in our County. Unfortunately recent reports has seen an increase in crime in the area. This Committee agrees to write to the Minister for Justice and ask her to increase Garda numbers in Rathcoole and to make Rathcoole Garda Station a full time station."

Performance & Change Management

Headed Items

H-I (8)

Submitted by:
Performance & Change Management
Responsibility:
Performance & Change Management

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (4)

Submitted by:
Performance & Change Management
Responsibility:
Performance & Change Management

Correspondence (No Business)

Motions

Mot (5)

Submitted by:
Councillor S. O'Hara
Responsibility:
Brenda Pierce

"That this Area Committee gets an update on the proposals for a bio-diversity study of The Woodlands in Rathcoole."

Mot (6)

Submitted by:
Councillor S. O'Hara
Responsibility:
Brenda Pierce

"That this Area Committee seeks changes to the proposed Masterplan for the Stoney Lane area of Rathcoole with a view to developing the area whilst protecting the Woodlands."

Public Realm

Questions

Qu (3)

Submitted by:
Councillor William Joseph Carey
Responsibility:
Suzanne Furlong

"To ask the Chief Executive for an update on the Astro pitch in Knockmitten Park and to indicate when the work on this will commence?"

Qu (4)

Submitted by:
Councillor Eoin &#211; Broin
Responsibility:
David Fennell

"Can the Chief Executive outline the cleaning regime in place for St Cuthbert's Park, Clondalkin? Users of the park claim that litter builds up in the park on a regular basis which makes it more difficult to carry out sporting activities there. The users of the park who have contacted me are sceptical as to what cleaning regime is in place for the park?"

Qu (5)

Submitted by:
Councillor Eoin &#211; Broin
Responsibility:
Maire Ni Dhomhnaill

"To ask the Chief Executive for an update on progress with the implementation of the Tree Maintenance Programme for Clondalkin for 2020 - 2022?"

Headed Items

H-I (9)

Submitted by:
Public Realm
Responsibility:
Public Realm

New Works (No Business)

H-I (10)

Submitted by:
C AC Meeting Administrator
Responsibility:
Brenda Shannon

Update on Litter Management Plan 2020 - 2022

Correspondence

Cor (5)

Submitted by:
Public Realm
Responsibility:
Public Realm

Correspondence

Motions

Mot (7)

Submitted by:
Councillor Eoin &#211; Broin
Responsibility:
David Fennell

Cathaoirleach's Business

"That this Area Committee agrees to the installation of a soccer goalpost on the Green of Lealand Estate. Members Rep 1518460 stated that a goalpost would be installed on the green of the estate during Q1/Q2 of 2020. Members Rep Query 1557709 submitted on 21/7 as a follow up request has not been replied to. The residents association appreciate that COVID has delayed many things but are wondering if this could be expedited so as to allow the footballers of the estate enjoy it for some part of the summer/autumn."

Mot (8)

Submitted by:
Councillor T. Gilligan
Responsibility:
David Fennell

"That the Chief Executive  prunes the bushes/briars at Rosebank/Nangor Road up to the M50 cross over. Also other locations:
Ninth Lock Road along Cappaghmore Estate (after the entrance, before the Neilstown Bridge).
Fonthill Road just before the roundabout at the train station to the train station.
Edge of the community centre up towards the Booth Road.

Mot (9)

Submitted by:
Councillor William Joseph Carey
Responsibility:
Michael McAdam

"That this Committee calls upon the Chief Executive to bring forward plans that will see the cultivation and restoration of the area currently used as builders compound in St. Cuthbert's Park and that the council liaise with interested parties such as the "Friends of St. Cuthbert's" and residents groups to achieve a consensus on the best way to make it an attractive amenity for local people. That the Council immediately initiate a meeting of the High level Task Force for St. Cuthbert's with a view to achieving this goal."

Mot (10)

Submitted by:
Councillor S. O'Hara
Responsibility:
Suzanne Furlong

"That this Area Committee request that the strip of land between Fairgreen and Pairc Mhuire, Saggart be taken in charge by the Council, as it is lined with very tall trees that pose a health and safety risk to both estates."

Mot (11)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
Brenda Shannon

"That this Committee requests a report for discussion on litter in the Clondalkin Electoral Area as requested by the Clondalkin Tidy Towns." 

Mot (12)

Submitted by:
Councillor K. Egan
Responsibility:
David Fennell

"To call on the Chief Executive to introduce a maintenance schedule for Knockmitten Playspace to enhance and maintain as a welcome addition to our community." 

Environment

Headed Items

H-I (11)

Submitted by:
Environment
Responsibility:
Environment

New Works (No Business)

H-I (12)

Submitted by:
Environment, Water & Climate Change
Responsibility:
Darby Mullen

Sustainable Energy Communities (SEC)

Correspondence

Cor (6)

Submitted by:
Environment
Responsibility:
Environment

Correspondence (No Business)

Water & Drainage

Headed Items

H-I (13)

Submitted by:
Environment, Water & Climate Change
Responsibility:
Richard Fitzpatrick

‘Update on Dublin Urban Rivers LIFE Project’

H-I (14)

Submitted by:
Water & Drainage
Responsibility:
Water & Drainage

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (7)

Submitted by:
Water & Drainage
Responsibility:
Water & Drainage

Correspondence (No Business)

Housing

Questions

Qu (6)

Submitted by:
Councillor William Joseph Carey
Responsibility:
Marguerite Staunton

"To ask the Chief Executive for an update on the timeline for commencement and completion of all phases of the Joint Venture Housing Development on The Grange lands by Kilcarberry?"

Qu (7)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
Maire O'Sullivan

To ask the Chief Executive for a report into when will work start on boardwalk at Civic Offices, Clondalkin? What is the delay and what is the estimated cost of work?

Qu (8)

Submitted by:
Councillor William Joseph Carey
Responsibility:
Marguerite Staunton

"To ask the Chief Executive for a list of all turnkey development agreements approved by South Dublin County Council  with AHBs and private developers in the Clondalkin LEA due to be completed in 2020 and 2021?"

Headed Items

H-I (15)

Submitted by:
Housing
Responsibility:
Housing

New Works (No Business)

H-I (16)

Submitted by:
Director of Housing, Social & Community Development
Responsibility:
Marguerite Staunton

Housing Supply Report

Correspondence

Cor (8)

Submitted by:
Housing
Responsibility:
Housing

Correspondence (No Business)

Community

Headed Items

H-I (17)

Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
Community

New Works (No Business)

Questions

Qu (9)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
Brian Hora

"To ask the Chief executive to issue a report into Christmas grants that will be available to provide events for Christmas due to Covid. What will the grants cover?  Events will need to be well planned in advance. These would include Children Santa events and senior Christmas events.  Who should community centre and groups send proposals to?"

Headed Items

H-I (18)

Submitted by:
Director of Housing, Social & Community Development
Responsibility:
Brian Hora

Deputations (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (9)

Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
Community

Correspondence (No Business)

Motions

Mot (13)

Submitted by:
Councillor Eoin &#211; Broin
Responsibility:
Brian Hora

Cathaoirleach's Business

"That this Area Committee agrees to provide Clondalkin Drama Group with a place to put a Storage Container, and if possible also a Storage Container itself. Following the granting by South Dublin County Council of Planning Permission for the Nursing home on the grounds of the Presentation Convent, the Drama Group have been forced to vacate the storage space they have had three for decades and so are in need of a new storage space. Given that SDCC provides extensive supports to Sports Clubs support should be extended to arts and culture clubs too."

Mot (14)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
Brian Hora

"That this Committee calls on South Dublin County Council to work with local groups such as the Clondalkin Drama Group, The Clondalkin Handcraft and Horticultural Show, Clondalkin Patricks Day Festival Committee, The Joe Williams Archives Committee,  Clondalkin Tidy Towns, Friend's of the Camac and many others to look at them having local displays.  It would encourage and promote visitors to Bru Chrónáin when it reopens.  That the Council consider how this could be managed and provide an area where such a display could go within the Heritage Centre. Volunteerism has played a huge part in Clondalkin's development."

Mot (15)

Submitted by:
Councillor William Joseph Carey
Responsibility:
Brian Hora,Michael McAdam

This Committee agrees that the Community Services and Environment managers meet with representatives of Clondalkin Celtic to discuss how the Council can assist in developing the clubs development, particularly in light of the key role Clondalkin Celtic is and will plan in the reclaiming of St Cuthberts Park

Transportation

Questions

Qu (10)

Submitted by:
Councillor S. O'Hara
Responsibility:
William Purcell

"That this Committee asks the Chief Executive not to require the developer in Broadfield to construct a laneway at (address removed) Broadfield Drive at the request of residents who feel this lane would pose a serious health and safety concern?"

Qu (11)

Submitted by:
Councillor T. Gilligan
Responsibility:
William Purcell

"To ask the Chief Executive to provide a zebra crossing adjacent to the gap in the wall for Castle Estate, Clondalkin/Woodford Road?"

Qu (12)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
John Coughlan

"To ask the Chief Executive to issue a report into cycle tracks that would link Newcastle to Rathcoole and Newcastle to Hazelhatch? How can local groups progress this? Where would funding come from and can a feasibility study be carried out?

Qu (13)

Submitted by:
Councillor T. Gilligan
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

"To ask the Chief Executive to prune the bushes on the Cloverhill Bridge over the rail way line between James Connolly and Palmerstown Woods?"

Headed Items

H-I (19)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Transportation

New Works (No Business)

H-I (20)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Transportation

Proposed Declaration of Roads to be Public Roads (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (10)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Transportation

Correspondence (No Business)

Motions

Mot (16)

Submitted by:
Councillor Eoin &#211; Broin
Responsibility:
John Coughlan

Cathaoirleach's Business

"That this Area Committee calls on the National Transport Authority to establish a bus link from the villages of Rathcoole and Newcastle, Co Dublin to the train station at Hazelhatch. Although the train station is relatively close by road to Newcastle, the road is considered far too dangerous for cyclists and pedestrians to use regularly for commuting. There is no footpath for the most of the Hazelhatch Road. The route has been included in the Bus Connects plans with the W8 bus but this may be years away."

Mot (17)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
William Purcell

"That this Area Committee call for an urgent safety review of all roads leading into Newcastle Village as a matter of urgency.  Residents are very concerned that it is only a matter of time before someone is killed on the roads and strongly feel that safety needs to be addressed as a priority. This Committee asks that the safety survey results be brought to this Committee for discussion and an action plan be brought to local Clondalkin Area Councillors on what measures will be taken to improve residents safety. This Committee states that this is an extremely urgent matter."

Mot (18)

Submitted by:
Councillor William Joseph Carey
Responsibility:
John Coughlan

"This Committee urges the Chief Executive to complete all works related to the Alpine/Ashwood Cycle Path including landscaping, CCTV installation and clearance of undergrowth at the trees along the cycle path and to provide a timeline for the completion of all of this work."

Mot (19)

Submitted by:
Councillor William Joseph Carey
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

"That this Area Committee agrees to replace missing bollards located  on Woodford Road (house numbers removed). Since the removal of these bollards cars have used this as a rat run causing health and safety concerns for residents here."

Planning

Questions

Qu (14)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
Eoin Burke

"To ask the Chief Executive to issue a report into The RIC Barracks [Riverside] on Old Nangor Road is fast becoming derelict. How is South Dublin County Council proposing to address this issue? What can be done before it is to late?

Headed Items

H-I (21)

Submitted by:
Planning
Responsibility:
Planning

New Works (No Business)

H-I (22)

Submitted by:
Planning
Responsibility:
Fiona Redmond

‘Strategic Housing Developments – Stage 3 application submitted to An Bord Pleanála

SHD3ABP-307698 -20

Site: Lands to the East of Stoney Hill Road, Rathcoole, Co. Dublin

Applicant: Romeville Developments Limited

Correspondence

Cor (11)

Submitted by:
Planning
Responsibility:
Planning

Correspondence (No Business)

A-Z of All Services