Coucnil Banner Image

Council Meetings

28th September 2020 Tallaght Area Committee Meeting Agenda


Date:
28/09/2020 15:00
Location:
Council Chamber
Standing Orders:
View

Traffic Management Meeting 28th September 2020. 2.15pm to 3.00pm

Headed Items

H-I (1)

Submitted by:
Housing Administration
Responsibility:
Housing Administration

Minutes from Tallaght Area Committee Meeting 22nd June, 2020

Economic Development

Questions

Qu (1)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
Thomas Rooney

To ask the Chief Executive to detail his continued efforts to improve the condition and image of Cookstown Industrial Estate and will he make a statement?

Qu (2)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
Thomas Rooney

To ask the Chief Executive if he has continued to maintain contact with Government and its Agencies in respect of the job creation of the County Town of Tallaght, will he detail those contacts and make a statement?

Qu (3)

Submitted by:
Councillor Liam Sinclair
Responsibility:
Thomas Rooney

To ask the Chief Executive following the loss of anchor tenants in The Square and considering its importance to the planning for Tallaght Town Centre, what supports are the council providing to ensure new anchor tenants can be attracted?

Headed Items

H-I (2)

Submitted by:
Economic Development
Responsibility:
Economic Development

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (1)

Submitted by:
Economic Development
Responsibility:
Economic Development

Correspondence (No Business)

Libraries & Arts

Headed Items

H-I (3)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Bernadette Fennell

Application for Arts Grants

H-I (4)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts

Library News & Events

H-I (5)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts

NEW WORKS (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (2)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts

Correspondence (No Business)

Corporate Support

Headed Items

H-I (6)

Submitted by:
Corporate Support
Responsibility:
Corporate Support

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (3)

Submitted by:
Corporate Support
Responsibility:
Corporate Support

Correspondence (No Business)

Performance & Change Management

Headed Items

H-I (7)

Submitted by:
Performance & Change Management
Responsibility:
Performance & Change Management

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (4)

Submitted by:
Performance & Change Management
Responsibility:
Performance & Change Management

Correspondence (No Business)

Public Realm

Questions

Qu (4)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. Dunne
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

To ask the Manager to give a report on grass cutting in the Tallaght South area. Some areas have been completely neglected & when cutting has been carried out, the grass cutting has not been on par with other neighbouring LEA's.

Qu (5)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

To ask the Chief Executive to present an update with regard to contacts he has received in respect of the Tennis Courts in Kingswood Heights, will he appreciate the interest in the community and make a statement?

Qu (6)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

To ask the Chief Executive to detail contact with Kilnamanagh Neighbourhood Watch and other groups in Kilnamanagh with regard to their concerns about the challenge of the annual Bonfire season. To confirm his plans to protect the site on Tree Park Road, annually used for Bonfires and also detail proposals to tackle the problem of pallets being gathered from local businesses and will he make a general statement?

Qu (7)

Submitted by:
Councillor Liam Sinclair
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

To ask the Chief Executive that management provide an update on the plan to establish a tree nursery in the council passed by councillors at the Tallaght ACM on January 27th. (Motion 64924).

Headed Items

H-I (8)

Submitted by:
Public Realm
Responsibility:
Public Realm

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (5)

Submitted by:
Public Realm
Responsibility:
Public Realm

Correspondence(No Business)

Motions

Mot (1)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Duff
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

Following on from reports from members of the public regarding anti-social behaviour in the Thirty Acres and in Dodder Valley Park, involving intimidating behaviour by groups of youths who are gathering in both locations and verbally and physically  threatening people who are walking through both parks, this Area Committee calls on the Chief Executive to increase the presence of Park Rangers in both locations, to give reassurance to the Public.

Mot (2)

Submitted by:
Councillor Liam Sinclair
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

This Area Committee agrees that the areas in Tallaght being managed for biodiversity be increased, and ask that a report be compiled with suitable areas, including roundabouts and roadsides, not currently being managed for biodiversity marked out for consideration.

Mot (3)

Submitted by:
Councillor K. Mahon
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

With a view to adding to the recreational green space in Tallaght Town Centre Council to look at the attached sites and report back regarding the feasibility of landscaping them in a more environmentally friendly and more aesthetically pleasing way. Regarding the green site at Belgard Square South Council report on whether the site can be improved through tree planting, recreational furniture, the development of a mini forest or other measures.

Mot (4)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. Dunne
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

This Area Committee calls on the Chief Executive to install kissing gates in the remainder of Butler McGee Park where quads & scramblers are still able to access some of the entry points.

Environment

Headed Items

H-I (9)

Submitted by:
Environment
Responsibility:
Brenda Shannon,Environment

Litter Management Plan 2020-2022 – Action Plan Update

Correspondence

Cor (6)

Submitted by:
Environment
Responsibility:
Environment

Correspondence (No Business)

Motions

Mot (5)

Submitted by:
Councillor T. Costello
Responsibility:
Michael McAdam

To ask the Chief Executive that an option of Anti Graffiti Coatings/ Paints be used when dealing with requests to remove graffiti from surfaces where this would be suitable to help prevent repeat occurrences in these areas.

Water & Drainage

Headed Items

H-I (10)

Submitted by:
Richard Fitzpatrick
Responsibility:
Richard Fitzpatrick

Update on Dublin Urban Rivers LIFE Project

H-I (11)

Submitted by:
Water & Drainage
Responsibility:
Water & Drainage

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (7)

Submitted by:
Water & Drainage
Responsibility:
Water & Drainage

Correspondence (No Business)

Housing

Questions

Qu (8)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. Dunne
Responsibility:
Marguerite Staunton

To ask the Manager for an update on the delivery of the 40 one beds that were to be delivered to the Council as part of the Part 5 in Citywest Village.

Qu (9)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
Marguerite Staunton

To ask the Chief Executive to detail plans for new housing in Killinarden Estate, Tallaght, will he appreciate the interest being generated in respect of the project and will he make a statement?

Headed Items

H-I (12)

Submitted by:
Housing
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech

Anti-Social Quarterly Statistics 2020

H-I (13)

Submitted by:
Marguerite Staunton
Responsibility:
Marguerite Staunton

Housing Supply Report Quarterly

H-I (14)

Submitted by:
Neil Hanly
Responsibility:
Neil Hanly

Quarter 2 Allocations Report

H-I (15)

Submitted by:
Housing
Responsibility:
Housing

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (8)

Submitted by:
Housing
Responsibility:
Housing

Correspondence (No Business)

Community

Questions

Qu (10)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. Dunne
Responsibility:
Brian Hora

To ask the Chief Executive to give an update on the proposed Community Centre for the Citywest Area. What stage is it at & is there a time frame or date for commencement?

Qu (11)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
Brian Hora

To ask the Chief Executive to detail progress being made towards the provision of a Community Centre at Citywest. To confirm contacts he has made in the matter and make a statement?

Headed Items

H-I (16)

Submitted by:
Brian Carroll
Responsibility:
Brian Hora

Deputations for Noting

H-I (17)

Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
Community

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (9)

Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
Community

Correspondence (No Business)

Transportation

Questions

Qu (12)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Duff
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

To ask Chief Executive could an inspection of the footpath be carried out on Mayberry road, right hand side from the Greenhills Road to just past the first cul de sac entrance at Birchview Drive, to check the condition of the pathway and to ascertain if the path has sufficient accessability for disability scooters or electric wheelchairs and to remove obstacles caused by tree roots lifting the path.

Qu (13)

Submitted by:
Councillor K. Mahon
Responsibility:
William Purcell

To ask Chief Executive for update on Item ID 64545 from the December TACM? It related to a proposal regarding a cyclist and pedestrian flyover linking the black path at St Dominic's to the existing cycle lane adjacent to Watergate Park.

Headed Items

H-I (18)

Submitted by:
Mbakure Johnson
Responsibility:
Mbakure Johnson

N81 Cycle Scheme Fortunestown & Killinarden Junctions'

H-I (19)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Transportation

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (10)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Transportation

Correspondence (No Business)

Motions

Mot (6)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. Dunne
Responsibility:
Caitriona Lambert

This Area Committee calls on the Chief Executive to install public street lighting along the N81 & N82 between bus stop 2590 on the N81 on Blessington Road and the junction of N82 and to trim Tree branches to allow light to reach the street on Magna Drive.

Planning

Questions

Qu (14)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
Eoin Burke

To ask the Chief Executive to confirm that everything is being done to protect and preserve the historic Katherine Tynan site at Kingswood Heights, will he appreciate the importance of the site and its future potential as a Heritage Centre which would have wide support and will he make a statement?

Qu (15)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
Eoin Burke

To ask the Chief Executive to list the latest SHD projects he has received notice of and will he make a statement in the matter?

Headed Items

H-I (20)

Submitted by:
Jim Johnston
Responsibility:
Jim Johnston

SHD3ABP- 308088-20 – 224 Apartments in 4 Blocks at Garters Lane, Saggart

H-I (21)

Submitted by:
Planning
Responsibility:
Planning

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (11)

Submitted by:
Planning
Responsibility:
Planning

Correspondence (No Business)

Motions

Mot (7)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
Cristina Hurson

That this Tallaght Area Committee calls on the CEO to initiate the process to change the name of Brookmount in Tallaght to Brookmount Drive,Tallaght, as requested by residents in the following petition: "We the residents of Brookmount need to change our address to Brookmount Drive as our address of solely 'Brookmount' has been unrecognised on Google Maps for many years. Emergency Services can never find our road and this could turn into a life and death situation. Many postal deliveries never reach their destination due to not being able to find our road. It is endless with the complications. Brookmount as a road name does not suffice, therefore, we propose that it be renamed 'Brookmount Drive' and be placed on Google Maps to avoid any more confusion and prevent unnecessary dangers to our families" Will he confirm the position and make a statement?

Mot (8)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Duff
Responsibility:
Mary Maguire,Sean O'Hara

This Area Committee, in recognition of the many years of Voluntary service in the Community and on SPCs, calls for the pedestrian and cycle bridge over the Dodder that links Bawnville and Kilininny to be named the Jim Lawlor Bridge. This motion is presented with the full support of Jim's family and local community activists and replaces my motion of June 22nd that was passed by this Area Committee.

A-Z of All Services