Coucnil Banner Image

Council Meetings

29th September 2020 Lucan/Palmerstown/Fonthill Area Committee Meeting Agenda


Date:
29/09/2020 15:00
Location:
Virtual Meeting

Headed Items

H-I (1)

Submitted by:
LAC Meeting Administration
Responsibility:
LAC Meeting Administration

Confirmation and Re-affirmation of Minutes of Meeting of Lucan Palmerstown Fonthill Area Committee Meeting

Economic Development

Correspondence

Cor (1)

Submitted by:
Economic Development
Responsibility:
Economic Development

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (2)

Submitted by:
Economic Development
Responsibility:
Economic Development

New Works (No Business)

Motions

Mot (1)

Submitted by:
Councillor Joanna Tuffy
Responsibility:
Thomas Rooney

That planning for a heritage app for Lucan be initiated, and that the Council would take into account that there maybe valuable assistance from the community including from the group known as the Society for Old Lucan, and others who have done a lot of work in collecting information etc. about the heritage of Lucan

Libraries & Arts

Questions

Qu (1)

Submitted by:
Councillor Joanna Tuffy
Responsibility:
Bernadette Fennell

To ask the Chief Executive Officer for an update on any plans for Lucan Library Service, are any improvements or additions planned, in particular can the Council source funds for refurbishment of the existing Lucan Library, are there any plans for additional buildings or hubs in the Lucan Electoral Area.

Correspondence

Cor (2)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (3)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts

NEW WORKS (No Business)

H-I (4)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Orla Scannell

Application for Arts Grants (No Business)

H-I (5)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Bernadette Fennell

Library News & Events

Motions

Mot (2)

Submitted by:
Councillor G. O'Connell
Responsibility:
Bernadette Fennell

To compliment the Library department for the delivery of the North Clondalkin Library and for the excellent and imaginative service being provided in the Palmerstown Digital Hub.

Corporate Support

Questions

Qu (2)

Submitted by:
Councillor E. O'Brien
Responsibility:
Brenda Pierce,Colin Clarke

To ask the Chief Executive to provide a report on the construction of both Airlie Park and Tandy's Lane Park to include work done to date in relation to the parks and an expected opening date for both

Qu (3)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
Sheila Kelly

This committee asks the Chief Executive to update members on a motion approved in 2019 to invite HSE back to the chambers to report on the pilot scheme introducing speech language/occupational therapists in to the schools

Correspondence

Cor (3)

Submitted by:
Corporate Support
Responsibility:
Corporate Support

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (6)

Submitted by:
Corporate Support
Responsibility:
Corporate Support

New Works (No Business)

Motions

Mot (3)

Submitted by:
Councillor Alan Hayes
Responsibility:
Sheila Kelly

That this area committee write to National Transport Authority to request the Neilstown Road in North Clondalkin be included on the 2021 list for bus shelter installations.

This is particularly important now that we have a public library, playground and teen space in the area and the provision of adequate infrastructure in the public realm should be prioritised in North Clondalkin.

Performance & Change Management

Correspondence

Cor (4)

Submitted by:
Performance & Change Management
Responsibility:
Performance & Change Management

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (7)

Submitted by:
Performance & Change Management
Responsibility:
Performance & Change Management

New Works (No Business)

Public Realm

Questions

Qu (4)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. Kinsella-Colman
Responsibility:
Maire Ni Dhomhnaill

To ask the manager to report on if the tree/hedge that is seriously over grown and is an eyesore which brings antisocial behaviour will be removed from the green space in Rowlagh. (Address supplied)

Qu (5)

Submitted by:
Councillor Shane Moynihan
Responsibility:
Maire Ni Dhomhnaill

To ask the Chief Executive as to what provision is being made to perform tree maintenace where trees are obstructing footpaths and cycle lanes, or where they have completely obscured street lights. 

Qu (6)

Submitted by:
Councillor G. O'Connell
Responsibility:
David Fennell

To ask the Chief Executive for a report on the number, location and condition of Biodiversity sites within this LAC.

Qu (7)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
Michael McAdam,Suzanne Furlong

This committee in its previous term agreed to have a monitoring committee in place for the Lucan United and Airlie Heights residents. It was also understood that progress on the new pitch would be communicated to members, could the Chief Executive provide this committee with an update on the facility and the monitoring committee. 

Correspondence

Cor (5)

Submitted by:
Public Realm
Responsibility:
Public Realm

Correspondence(No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (8)

Submitted by:
Public Realm
Responsibility:
Public Realm

New Works (No Business)

Motions

Mot (4)

Submitted by:
Councillor Joanna Tuffy
Responsibility:
David Fennell

That the possibility of a community garden at Griffeen Valley will be considered.

Mot (5)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Johansson
Responsibility:
Maire Ni Dhomhnaill

That the Chief Executive prioritise tree maintenance works in Oatfield estate in North Clondalkin, they were due to be done last year but still have not been done.

Mot (6)

Submitted by:
Councillor P. Gogarty
Responsibility:
David Fennell

That the Council take measures to deal with an upsurge in anti-social behaviour and related litter at [the green space beside the pedestrian walkway into Castle Riada Drive nearest the Penny Hill] as local residents are fed up having to clean this up constantly themselves and phone the Gardaí on a regular basis and are suggesting closing off this permeability access or trimming back the hedgerow to waist height; and, if necessary, could a Covid-friendly site meeting be arranged if necessary to discuss this matter on the ground.

Moved Without Debate

Mot (7)

Submitted by:
Councillor G. O'Connell
Responsibility:
Maire Ni Dhomhnaill

That the Manager responsible gives a progress report on the tree management programme for this LAC area and to include the actual achievement against the planned for the period 1se Jan 20 to Aug 31 20.

Mot (8)

Submitted by:
Councillor Shane Moynihan
Responsibility:
Maire Ni Dhomhnaill

That this Area Committee requests the provision of quarterly Tree Maintenance reports as a headed item, detailing the works performed in the previous quarter and the works planned for the subsequent quarter.

Mot (9)

Submitted by:
Councillor P. Gogarty
Responsibility:
David Fennell

That the Chief Executive pilots a scheme to mobilise members of the South Dublin Volunteer Corps or to recruit new Garda vetted members to carry out complementary and enhanced roles during and outside of normal park opening times relating to the communication of standard park regulations and current social distancing rules to users, eg dog walkers, playground users, sports participants, cyclists using footpaths etc as well as reporting to a dedicated liaison in the Council or An Garda Síochana where any clear breaches are occurring, or antisocial behaviour activities are taking place, with greater priority given to responding to these trusted individuals - especially in the light of reports of increased levels of vandalism and antisocial behaviour in public realm areas but an apparent lack of staff resources to adequately deal with it.

Environment

Questions

Qu (8)

Submitted by:
Councillor P. Gogarty
Responsibility:
Michael McAdam

To ask the manager for a breakdown of fines issue, fines paid and court actions arising from litter in the following categories since May 2019 in this Area Committee boundary and to outline whether any successful case has ever been taken in relation to people throwing cigarette butts out their car window and if so, to outline how responsible citizens can best report this antisocial behaviour?

Qu (9)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
Michael McAdam

To ask the Chief Executive to provide report on the number of abandoned vehichles reported to the council for the year 2020 to date. Could the report confirm how many vehicles were deemed litter and removed/disposed off and what costs are incurred by SDCC to remove the vehicles,

Qu (10)

Submitted by:
Councillor Joanna Tuffy
Responsibility:
Joseph Bockarie

To ask the Chief Executive Officer to give an update on the possibility of recycling facilities being located in the land enclosed within the Woodies site in Lucan Village, and if he will make a statement on the matter.

Qu (11)

Submitted by:
Councillor Joanna Tuffy
Responsibility:
David Fennell

To ask for an update on works to Esker Cemetery including audit of sites suitable for additional grave plots, the feasibility of a wall for ashes, tree maintenance, and if the Council has been updated on plans for the private cemetery development that has planning permission accross the road

Correspondence

Cor (6)

Submitted by:
Environment
Responsibility:
Environment

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (9)

Submitted by:
Environment
Responsibility:
Environment

New Works (No Business)

H-I (10)

Submitted by:
Chris Galvin
Responsibility:
Chris Galvin

Sustainable Energy Communities (SEC)

H-I (11)

Submitted by:
Brenda Shannon
Responsibility:
Brenda Shannon

Litter Management Plan

Motions

Mot (10)

Submitted by:
Councillor Shane Moynihan
Responsibility:
David Fennell

That this Area Committee calls for the installation of a wall/facility in Esker Cemetery for the display/repose of Urns of Ashes.

Water & Drainage

Correspondence

Cor (7)

Submitted by:
Water & Drainage
Responsibility:
Water & Drainage

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (12)

Submitted by:
Water & Drainage
Responsibility:
Water & Drainage

New Works (No Business)

H-I (13)

Submitted by:
Richard Fitzpatrick
Responsibility:
Richard Fitzpatrick

Update on Dublin Urban Rivers LIFE Project

Motions

Mot (11)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
Richard Fitzpatrick

Dublin Urban Rivers LIFE Project

This committee requests that the Chief Executive provide an update of this project, what works have been carried out to date. Residents have highlighted to me that there was awareness of this project and the funding given to the council, however they have been no evidence of works along the Griffeen river. 

Housing

Questions

Qu (12)

Submitted by:
Councillor Shane Moynihan
Responsibility:
Marguerite Staunton

To ask the Chief Executive for an overview of all public housing expected to be acquired or built in the Lucan/Palmerstown/Fonthill electoral areas for 2020 and 2021, in tabular form.

Qu (13)

Submitted by:
Councillor Shane Moynihan
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech

To ask the Chief Executive for a detailed update on progress of the Accelerated Maintenance Programme, with regard to when works will be completed and the nature of these works.

Correspondence

Cor (8)

Submitted by:
Housing
Responsibility:
Housing

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (14)

Submitted by:
Housing
Responsibility:
Housing

New Works (No Business)

H-I (15)

Submitted by:
Marguerite Staunton
Responsibility:
Marguerite Staunton

Quarterly Housing Supply Report

H-I (16)

Submitted by:
Neil Hanly
Responsibility:
Neil Hanly

Quarterly Housing Allocations Report

H-I (17)

Submitted by:
Elaine Leech
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech

Quarterly Report on Anti-Social Behaviour

Motions

Mot (12)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Johansson
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech

That the Chief Executive produce a report for members on the planned maintenance works in Balgaddy and that members agree that the works need to be progressed immediately.

Community

Questions

Qu (14)

Submitted by:
Councillor Shane Moynihan
Responsibility:
Brian Hora

To ask the Chief Executive about the plans for a Community Facility to be located near Bewley and Lucan Educate Together School, and the timeline for such a facility.

Qu (15)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
Brian Hora

This Committee seeks a detailed update report on the Lucan Swimming Pool

Qu (16)

Submitted by:
Councillor Joanna Tuffy
Responsibility:
Brian Hora

To ask the Chief Executive Officer for an update on Lucan Swimming Pool and when it is hoped to open it

Correspondence

Cor (9)

Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
Community

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (18)

Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
Brian Hora

Lucan Swimming Pool Update

H-I (19)

Submitted by:
Brian Carroll
Responsibility:
Brian Carroll

Deputations for Noting

Motions

Mot (13)

Submitted by:
Councillor Shane Moynihan
Responsibility:
Brian Hora

That this Area Committee supports the efforts of South Dublin County Council to provide a new home for Esker Boxing Club and looks forward to their being housed by the Club's 10th anniversary in 2022.

Moved Without Debate

Transportation

Questions

Qu (17)

Submitted by:
Councillor P. Gogarty
Responsibility:
William Purcell

To ask the Chief Executive if he will consider, at the earliest opportunity, suitable parklet areas in Palmerstown Village and Rowlagh near cafés and/or shops given the need for such services at suitable locations where there is space to do so and it doesn't block access to essential services but enhances the living experience; and if a statement can be made on the matter.

Qu (18)

Submitted by:
Councillor Shane Moynihan
Responsibility:
William Purcell

To ask the Chief Executive about what steps are being taken to take Ballyowen Square estate in charge, and what the timeline for taking in charge is.

Qu (19)

Submitted by:
Councillor Joanna Tuffy
Responsibility:
John Coughlan

To ask the Chief Executive Officer to update on any plans to provide safe routes to cycle in the Lucan Electoral area, and to have more cycle routes between the different parts of Lucan, and the need for more bike parking facilities, segregated cycle lanes, and if he will make a statement on the matter

Qu (20)

Submitted by:
Councillor Joanna Tuffy
Responsibility:
John Coughlan

To ask the Chief Executive Officer for an update on the walking route planned for Lucan and the preferred route and when it is expected to make further progress on this, and the budget for this.

Correspondence

Cor (10)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Transportation

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (20)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Transportation

New Works (No Business)

H-I (21)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Transportation

Proposed Declaration of Roads to be Public Roads (No Business)

Motions

Mot (14)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
John Coughlan

To ask the Chief Executive to revisit the report on noise barriers/boundary along the N4, previous question in 2019 (see item 64556) responded with a review due in 2023. Since Covid happened we have seen a massive reduction in traffic along the N4 and the difference in noise during the lockdown has been notice by those living along the N4. For example being able to sit in their gardens have conversations without having to raise voices, keep their windows opened at all times. While this may seem like a small act it has shown us how the reduction in traffic/noise has been a positive effect on peoples lives. There are residents living along the N4 including Hillcrest Estate, Vesey Park, Beech Park and Ardeevin. This committee seeks to have this newly identified impact further investigated with a view to revisiting plans sooner than 2023.

COMHAIRLE CONTAE ÁTHA CLIATH THEAS
SOUTH DUBLIN COUNTY COUNCIL

South Dublin County Council Crest

MEETING OF LUCAN/PALMERSTOWN/FONTHILL AREA COMMITTEE

Tuesday, January 28, 2020

QUESTION NO.  6

QUESTION: Councillor L. O'Toole

To ask the Chief Executive for a report on noise barriers / boundary along the N4, what type of barriers were placed along both sides of the N4 in its first design/upgrade, when they were installed and to include what traffic volume the noise barriers were designed for (appx 20 years+) and compare it to todays volume of traffic using the N4. If the Chief Executive could comment on whether it supports introducing updated more effective noise barriers should studies/findings confirm if new ones are required.

 

 

Mot (15)

Submitted by:
Councillor P. Gogarty
Responsibility:
William Purcell

That this Council - acknowledging the mixed response to parklets so far in Lucan village from businesses and the need for some residents with mobility issues who need car access to essential services but also noting that traffic levels are back up and there is an increasing desire by citizens for a calmer, more accessible and visitor-friendly village area for shoppers, walkers and cyclists, as opposed to through traffic - reports on current traffic count data to date and undertakes to organise a major study on the feasibility of radical and far-reaching proposals in relation to traffic flows in the village area, including one-way systems, with a view to bringing them to public consultation at an early stage given the ongoing deterioration of the village setting and the need to improve the quality of experience for everyone in the area.

Moved Without Debate

Mot (16)

Submitted by:
Councillor G. O'Connell
Responsibility:
Sheila Kelly

To ask the Chief Executive for a report on the operation of the Paid Parking system in the LAC area and to include the cost of managing the system and the total income tor the period Jan to Dec 2019 and to make a statement.

Mot (17)

Submitted by:
Councillor Shane Moynihan
Responsibility:
William Purcell

That this Area Committee calls for a commitment from the Council for the construction of a grade-separated junction between Kennelsfort Road and the R148, given the extensive development that is to take place in Palmerstown village, and that this commitment be included in the County Development Plan.

Mot (18)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
John Coughlan

This committee seeks an update on the plans for the embankment between Moyglas and Castle Riada. This matter has become a great concern for residents over the last few years and my motions on this in previous years has resulted in joint cooperation and working relationship between the residents in both areas. They anxiously await to see the plans and the photomontage which I have helped to secure. It is hoped that plans can commence soon and avoid another summer of ongoing anti-social behaviour.

 

Mot (19)

Submitted by:
Councillor G. O'Connell
Responsibility:
William Purcell

That the Chief Executive provides a traffic report on the number of vehicles passing through the Kennelsfort Road junction at morning peak times and evening peak times and the total number of vehicles in any 24 hour period Monday to Friday.

Moved Without Debate

Planning

Questions

Qu (21)

Submitted by:
Councillor Joanna Tuffy
Responsibility:
Eoin Burke

To ask the Chief Executive Officer for an update on the content of the following motion that was agreed at the June Area Committee Meeting, and in particular can the planning permission for Brookvale Estate be located through searches in the Council and conditions checked to see if there was a condition to do with open space that would require taking in charge by the Council. Please not map showing the lands attached and the area marked HLC8 and SLO:1. The open space is part of this particular land that is designated open space in the County Development Plan.

MEETING OF LUCAN/PALMERSTOWN/FONTHILL AREA COMMITTEE

Tuesday, June 23, 2020

MOTION NO. 2

MOTION: Councillor Joanna Tuffy

That the open space at the top of Esker Hill, be taken in charge by the Council, and that any necessary steps be taken to initiate this process immediately, and that this Area Committee be given a full and detailed report on what has delayed the taking in charge of this open space, what legal steps are required to take it in charge, including if it is the case that an owner of the land cannot be identified, an explanation as to whether there was any condition in the planning permission for Brookvale estate in relation to this land, and the need to protect long established public rights of way at this location

 

Qu (22)

Submitted by:
Councillor Joanna Tuffy
Responsibility:
Eoin Burke,Irenie McLoughlin

To ask for an update on the King John's Bridge conservation plans. 

Correspondence

Cor (11)

Submitted by:
Planning
Responsibility:
Planning

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (22)

Submitted by:
Planning
Responsibility:
Planning

New Works (No Business)

Motions

Mot (20)

Submitted by:
Councillor Shane Moynihan
Responsibility:
Hazel Craigie

That this Area Committtee calls for the development of a Local Area Plan for Palmerstown, and that appropriate provision be made for this as part of the County Development Plan. 

Mot (21)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
Eoin Burke,Rosaleen Dwyer

To ask That the Chief Executive looks at the area at Hayden’s Lane, next to Finnstown Hall, (as marked out on map), and consider this location as part of the council bio diversity plan. the records show from a previous motion raised, that the area marked was part of the Finnstown Hall development, however it seems no one is responsible for the area, and the developer may no longer exist. If the council could take ownership and transform this small area as it’s often commented on by many people who see it as an area that’s been left abandoned, 

Mot (22)

Submitted by:
Councillor G. O'Connell
Responsibility:
Eoin Burke

To ask the Chief Executive to explain why, given the comments made by members during the LAC meeting and the constant highlighting of traffic issues in the Palmerstown area, especially Upper and lower Kennelsfort Road, he did not high-light traffic issues and seek a financial contribution towards upgrading of the infrastructure should permission be granted, in the submission he made to An Bord Planala re APB - 307092 -20 on behalf of both elected members and the executive.

Moved Without Debate

 

A-Z of All Services