Coucnil Banner Image

Council Meetings

13th October 2020 Rathfarnham/Templeogue/Firhouse/Bohernabreena Area Committee Meeting Agenda


Date:
13/10/2020 15:00
Location:
Virtual Meeting

Headed Items

H-I (1)

Submitted by:
Landuse Planning & Transportation
Responsibility:
 

Confirmation and Re-Affirmtion of Minutes of Meeting held on 8th September 2020

Performance & Change Management

Correspondence

Cor (1)

Submitted by:
Performance & Change Management
Responsibility:
Performance & Change Management

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (2)

Submitted by:
Performance & Change Management
Responsibility:
Performance & Change Management

New Works (No Business)

Corporate Support

Questions

Qu (1)

Submitted by:
Councillor Alan Edge,Councillor E. Murphy
Responsibility:
Niall Noonan

Can the Council please provide an update on all of the projects which were selected for the Firhouse-Bohernabreena LEA in the €300K Have Your Say project last year? Where are these projects in terms of implementation at present and can time scales be provided where possible please?

 

Correspondence

Cor (2)

Submitted by:
Corporate Support
Responsibility:
Sheila Kelly

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (3)

Submitted by:
Corporate Support
Responsibility:
Corporate Support

New Works (No Business)

Environment

Questions

Qu (2)

Submitted by:
Councillor Alan Edge
Responsibility:
Michael McAdam

Can the Manager report on how many sites in the area covered by this Committee are listed on the derelict sites register and what action if any has been taken by the Council in relation to those sites.

 

Qu (3)

Submitted by:
Councillor P. Kearns
Responsibility:
Michael McAdam

Bearing in mind the stretched resources of the council due to the current pandemic. Could the manager let this committee know what plans are in place for the collection/ confiscation of stockpiled fuel for use in bonfires this Halloween.

 

Qu (4)

Submitted by:
Councillor Clare O'Byrne
Responsibility:
Brenda Shannon

To ask the manager the number of horse licences issued in 2018, 2019 and 2020 in the county, and specifically in Firhouse-Bohernabreena.

Correspondence

Cor (3)

Submitted by:
Environment
Responsibility:
Environment

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (4)

Submitted by:
Environment
Responsibility:
Chris Galvin

Sustainable Energy Communities (SEC)

Motions

Mot (1)

Submitted by:
Councillor D. O'Donovan
Responsibility:
Dave OBrien

To ask the Manager for a report on the Noise Reduction measures to be put in place for Castlefield - as outlined in the Noise Action Plan.

Mot (2)

Submitted by:
Councillor Carly Bailey
Responsibility:
Michael McAdam

To ask the Chief Executive to consider diversifying the choice available for the 'bulbs not bonfires' scheme to include wildflower bee bombs and other bulbs that are pollinator friendly. This is a hugely popular scheme with a great success record. It would be fantastic to be able to offer a variety of options to communities next year.

Mot (3)

Submitted by:
Councillor B. Lawlor
Responsibility:
Michael McAdam

That this Committee gets a Halloween update outlining the actions the Council is taking to tackle fireworks and illegal bonfires in our area

 

 

Mot (4)

Submitted by:
Councillor Alan Edge
Responsibility:
Michael McAdam

That this Committee calls for stricter enforcement of the regulations concerning derelict buildings, particularly in relation to sites owned by developers but not actively being developed.

 

Mot (5)

Submitted by:
Councillor E. Murphy
Responsibility:
Michael McAdam

That this Area Committee addresses the issues of antisocial behaviour and criminal damage at the derelict site on the Oldcourt Road next to Dodderbrook estate. The overgrowth of trees and bushes are which are providing an outlet for congregation.

 

Mot (6)

Submitted by:
Councillor Carly Bailey
Responsibility:
Michael McAdam

That this committee asks that data from SDCC Litter Wardens be sought to ascertain hot spots for illegal dumping in the laneways in Dublin 12. This data can then be used to decide on locations for CCTV in the area.

 

Water & Drainage

Correspondence

Cor (4)

Submitted by:
Water & Drainage
Responsibility:
Water & Drainage

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (5)

Submitted by:
Water & Drainage
Responsibility:
Richard Fitzpatrick

Update on Dublin Urban Rivers LIFE Project

Public Realm

Questions

Qu (5)

Submitted by:
Councillor Carly Bailey
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

To ask the Chief Executive to reexamine the decision to install a new kissing gate in to the Dodder Valley Park at the entrance nearest the Speaker Connolly pub, Firhouse. A family with a side by side double buggy were not able to get through. Another family whose teenage son uses a wheelchair were unable to gain access to the park either.

While it is appreciated that this is the go to answer to prevent scramblers from entering into our public parks, can alternatives please be considered to ensure that all park users can access this lovely amenity.

 

Qu (6)

Submitted by:
Councillor Carly Bailey
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

To ask the Chief Executive when it is expected that the council will replace the two park benches that were stolen from Tymon Park around the 13th May, near to the Dog Run/Limekiln entrance.

I have been contacted by several park users who rely on these benches to take rests while out walking. One of those is recently recovering from bypass surgery. Another is in his 80s. 

 

Qu (7)

Submitted by:
Councillor Yvonne Collins
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

Could grass cutting at the entrance to Park Avenue on the Grange Road, the cycle pathway and Park Avenue, be looked at please, as the residents advise that area appears to be consistently overlooked?

 

Qu (8)

Submitted by:
Councillor B. Lawlor
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

To ask Chief Executive when will the overgrown hedging on Ballycullen Road and Killininy Road be cut back?

 

Qu (9)

Submitted by:
Councillor B. Lawlor
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

What is the cleansing schedule for the newly installed cycle lanes in our area and has a contract with Oxegen been signed to manage this?

 

Qu (10)

Submitted by:
Councillor David McManus
Responsibility:
Maire Ni Dhomhnaill

To ask for a breakdown of trees inspected, pruned, removed and progress on stump removal from the beginning of 2020 within this area committee.

 

Correspondence

Cor (5)

Submitted by:
Public Realm
Responsibility:
Public Realm

Correspondence(No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (6)

Submitted by:
Public Realm
Responsibility:
Leo Magee,Maire Ni Dhomhnaill

Tree Maintenance Report - September 2020

Motions

Mot (7)

Submitted by:
Councillor Yvonne Collins
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

That the Chief Executive confirms that long awaited works at the entrance to the Rathfarnham Wood Estate be carried out without further delay and furnishes a time frame in respect of same. The area is very unsightly at the moment, as per attached photographs

 

Mot (8)

Submitted by:
Councillor D. O'Donovan
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

That the Manager presents a report on the plans for the development of Knocklyon Park.

 

Mot (9)

Submitted by:
Councillor E. Murphy
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

In early 2019 I had a motion passed in relation to the 'gap' between Glenvara Estate and Castlefield which agreed that funding would be provided for improvement works at this site to deter dumping of green waste at the site and to improve accessibility. Given the escalation of the problem in the area I would ask that this motion be implemented as a matter of urgency.

 

Mot (10)

Submitted by:
Councillor Alan Edge
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

That this Committee asks the Chief Executive to install more public bins in the Firhouse area.

 

Mot (11)

Submitted by:
Councillor David McManus
Responsibility:
Maire Ni Dhomhnaill

That this area committee requests that a green area of overgrown trees and bushes is heavily cut back to accommodate pedestrian access and stop illegal dumping on Cypress Drive in Templeogue. A photo is attached which shows the area concerned on the left.

 

Mot (12)

Submitted by:
Councillor D. O'Donovan
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

That the Manager reports on the costs of clearing up the underpass near the Firhouse Weir in Dodder Valley Park over the past five years.

 

Mot (13)

Submitted by:
Councillor E. Murphy
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

That this area committee asks South Dublin County Council to reconnect the water pump / fountain on Edmondstown Road across from Rockbrook Cottages. The locals have done a fantastic job cleaning the site and given the increased cycling and walking traffic on the road this would be a really useful amenity.

 

Community

Correspondence

Cor (6)

Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
Community

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (7)

Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
Community

New Works (No Business)

H-I (8)

Submitted by:
Brian Carroll
Responsibility:
Brian Leonard

Deputations for Noting

Housing

Correspondence

Cor (7)

Submitted by:
Housing
Responsibility:
Housing

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (9)

Submitted by:
Housing
Responsibility:
Housing

New Works (No Business)

H-I (10)

Submitted by:
Elaine Leech
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech

Quarterly Report on Anti-Social Behaviour

Planning

Questions

Qu (11)

Submitted by:
Councillor E. Murphy
Responsibility:
Eoin Burke

Can details of the planning conditions for the Primary Care Centre development in Ballyboden please be provided? There have been significant numbers of complaints from residents in relation to the contractors starting work at 7am on site.

 

Qu (12)

Submitted by:
Councillor E. Murphy
Responsibility:
Eoin Burke

Can the Council please provide details of the planning conditions for the development of a creche facility in Dodderbrook estate? Have the Council been in contact with the developer in relation to this matter and when can the residents expect the creche facility to be opened to the public?

 

Qu (13)

Submitted by:
Councillor Clare O'Byrne
Responsibility:
Eoin Burke

To ask if the Chief Executive will provide the opinion submitted to An Bord Pleanála in respect of the planned SHD on Taylor's Lane, Rathfarnham.

 

Correspondence

Cor (8)

Submitted by:
Planning
Responsibility:
Planning

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (11)

Submitted by:
Planning
Responsibility:
Planning

New Works (No Business)

Motions

Mot (14)

Submitted by:
Councillor P. Kearns
Responsibility:
Hazel Craigie

Following the recent submission to the County Development Plan on behalf of the Templeogue Tidy Town Committee in relation to the Austin Clarke Park& Bridge proposal, this committee calls on the manager to conduct a feasibility study on the project so that the work can commence as soon as possible.

 

Transportation

Questions

Qu (14)

Submitted by:
Councillor Carly Bailey
Responsibility:
William Purcell

To ask the Chief Executive for an update on the request from a significant number of residents for traffic calming measures in the way of speed ramps for the Hunters estate including Grove, Hill, Meadow and Road, Ballycullen, Dublin 24. We would appreciate if you could advise if a decision has been made, and if not when a decision will be made. If the decision is made to go ahead with ramp installation, to please advise a timeline for these works.

Qu (15)

Submitted by:
Councillor B. Lawlor
Responsibility:
John Coughlan

To ask the manager,what are the plans to allocate the 2.4 million grant for cycleways and walkways for the Knocklyon Firhouse area. Is there any plan to finish off the connection from Scoil Carmel that was supposed to link up with the Marley-Grange cycleway?

 

Qu (16)

Submitted by:
Councillor David McManus
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

To ask that the walkway footpath outside Little Harvard Crèche Barton Drive Rathfarnham is inspected and listed for repairs urgently due to the broken condition and frequent use.

 

Qu (17)

Submitted by:
Councillor E. Murphy
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

Can the Council please provide an update in relation to footpath repairs in the Glencarrig estate in Firhouse? The footpaths are in a significant state of disrepair and are in places extremely dangerous.

 

Qu (18)

Submitted by:
Councillor E. Murphy
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

Can the Council please provide an update in relation to footpath repairs in Moyville estate? Can timescale for the implementation please be provided?

 

Qu (19)

Submitted by:
Councillor Clare O'Byrne
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

To ask if the Manager could provide a detailed update to the Area Committee on progress made to date on the implementation of walking and cycling initiatives funded by the July Stimulus Programme, in the county as a whole and specifically in Firhouse-Bohernabreena.

Qu (20)

Submitted by:
Councillor D. O'Donovan
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

To ask the Manager to deal with the uneven road surface up at Mountpelier ( Piperstown ). The DM contractors are working in the area at the moment and residents have asked that they continue up further past the Bohernabreena Gearbox Centre as the road is dangerous due to the massive number of pot holes.

 

Correspondence

Cor (9)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Transportation

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (12)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
William Purcell

Wellington Lane Cycle & Pedestrian safety trial

H-I (13)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
William Purcell

Proposed Declaration of Roads to be Public Roads

H-I (14)

Submitted by:
Ally Menary
Responsibility:
Ally Menary

SDCC School Street - School Selection

H-I (15)

Submitted by:
Jennifer McGrath
Responsibility:
Jennifer McGrath

The Grange Road Phase 2 Cycle Route

H-I (16)

Submitted by:
William Purcell
Responsibility:
William Purcell

Traffic Calming Programme of Works 2020

Motions

Mot (15)

Submitted by:
Councillor Yvonne Collins
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

That long awaited and urgently required footpath repairs are carried out at Orchardstown Park in Rathfarnham. The footpaths have deteriorated significantly, are badly in need of repair and at this stage constitute a dangerous trip hazard for residents in the area, particularly elderly residents.

 

Mot (16)

Submitted by:
Councillor Carly Bailey
Responsibility:
Ally Menary,Sheila Kelly

That schools will be invited to work with SDCC in relation to installation of bike stands that have received NTA funding from the July Jobs Stimulus programme. This will mean positive engagement and collaboration between SDCC and school leaders in the decision of where and when works will take place and the ability for schools to be able to communicate with SDCC in a timely manner on such projects.

Mot (17)

Submitted by:
Councillor D. O'Donovan
Responsibility:
William Purcell

That the Manager reports on the plans for ramps within the RTFB area.

Mot (18)

Submitted by:
Councillor B. Lawlor
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

That this Committee asks the Chief Executive to investigate and fix the manhole shore outside (address provided) 

 

 

Mot (19)

Submitted by:
Councillor Yvonne Collins
Responsibility:
William Purcell

That this committee considers installing pedestrian lights at the new pedestrian footbridge on Ballyboden Road thereby connecting Willowbank directly to both sides of Ballyboden Road. The closest pedestrian lights are some distance away.

 

Libraries & Arts

Correspondence

Cor (10)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (17)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts

NEW WORKS (No Business)

H-I (18)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts

Library News & Events

H-I (19)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Orla Scannell

Application for Arts Grants

Economic Development

Correspondence

Cor (11)

Submitted by:
Economic Development
Responsibility:
Economic Development

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (20)

Submitted by:
Economic Development
Responsibility:
Economic Development

New Works (No Business)

A-Z of All Services