Coucnil Banner Image

Council Meetings

Clondalkin Area Committee Meeting 21st October, 2020 Agenda


Date:
21/10/2020 15:00
Location:
Virtual Meeting
Standing Orders:
View

Teams Meeting.<br />Staff will be in attendance in HQ to ensure stable internet connection and to allow for the administration of the meeting.<br />Social distancing will be adhered.

Headed Items

H-I (1)

Submitted by:
C AC Meeting Administrator
Responsibility:
Michael McAdam

Confirmation & Re-affirmation of Minutes of Meeting held on 16th September, 2020

Performance & Change Management

Questions

Qu (1)

Submitted by:
Councillor S. O'Hara
Responsibility:
Brenda Pierce

"To ask the Chief Executive why, given the final paragraph (see below) in the Tree Review report from a site survey on the 25th September 2018 that informed the Master Plan for Rathcoole, the decision was to proceed and plan for the destruction of these trees. The ecological aspect of the natural regeneration that has occurred on the land in the years since farming discontinued may be of educational interest to local schools and colleges if they were alerted to the potential of the site, and could be a source of subject material for research projects etc.?"

Qu (2)

Submitted by:
Councillor S. O'Hara
Responsibility:
Brenda Pierce

"To ask the Chief Executive for a full ecological and habitat study to be carried out before any plans are finalised for the Woodlands in Rathcool?"

Headed Items

H-I (2)

Submitted by:
Performance & Change Management
Responsibility:
Performance & Change Management

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (1)

Submitted by:
Performance & Change Management
Responsibility:
Performance & Change Management

Correspondence (No Business)

Corporate Support

Headed Items

H-I (3)

Submitted by:
Corporate Support
Responsibility:
Corporate Support

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (2)

Submitted by:
Corporate Support
Responsibility:
Corporate Support

Correspondence (No Business)

Motions

Mot (1)

Submitted by:
Councillor Peter Kavanagh
Responsibility:
Niall Noonan

"Iarann an choiste seo tuairisc ar chur chinn na Gaeilge sa cheantar áitiúil agus cén éifeacht a bhí ag an bpandéime ar Sheachtain na Gaeilge i mbliana agus ar phleananna don bhliain seo chugainn.

This committee requests a report on the promotion of the Irish language in the local area and the effect the pandemic has had on Seachtain na Gaeilge this year and plans for next year."

Environment

Headed Items

H-I (4)

Submitted by:
Environment
Responsibility:
Environment

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (3)

Submitted by:
Environment
Responsibility:
Environment

Correspondence (No Business)

Water & Drainage

Headed Items

H-I (5)

Submitted by:
Water & Drainage
Responsibility:
Water & Drainage

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (4)

Submitted by:
Water & Drainage
Responsibility:
Water & Drainage

Correspondence (No Business)

Public Realm

Headed Items

H-I (6)

Submitted by:
Public Realm
Responsibility:
Public Realm

New Works (No Business)

H-I (7)

Submitted by:
Public Realm
Responsibility:
Public Realm

Correspondence (No Business)

Motions

Mot (2)

Submitted by:
Councillor William Joseph Carey
Responsibility:
David Fennell

"This Area Committee calls upon the Chief Executive to provide for funding in the next budget for the extending of the boundary wall and fence adoining Corkagh Park from top of Cherrywood Crescent to the pedestrian gateway as outlined in reply to Q5, ACM, Feb19th 2020 estimated in the region of €136,000."

Mot (3)

Submitted by:
Councillor T. Gilligan
Responsibility:
David Fennell

"That this Area Committee get the trees bushes etc pruned on Cloverhill Road between Ninth Lock and Palmerstown Woods."

Mot (4)

Submitted by:
Councillor Peter Kavanagh
Responsibility:
Maire Ni Dhomhnaill

"That this Area Committee  request a report on mature trees in the Lindisfarne and Melrose Estates, Clondalkin."

Mot (5)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
David Fennell

"That this committee supports Clondalkin Tidy Towns in the building of a Memorial to locals who died in World War 1." 

Mot (6)

Submitted by:
Councillor S. O'Hara
Responsibility:
Suzanne Furlong

"That this Area Committee congratulates the Council for delivering phase 1 of the playground at Newcastle and gets an update on completion of phase 2 of the playground."

Community

Questions

Qu (3)

Submitted by:
Councillor T. Gilligan
Responsibility:
Brian Hora

"To ask the Chief Executive to set up a Farmers Market in Corkagh Park?

Qu (4)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
Brian Hora

"To ask the Chief Executive to look at the availability of a vacant council container that a local community group, the Clondalkin Drama Group could use for storage. They have a site to put the container on and to issue a report on this to the Area Committee?"

Headed Items

H-I (8)

Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
Community

New Works (No Business)

H-I (9)

Submitted by:
Director of Housing, Social & Community Development
Responsibility:
Brian Hora

Deputations (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (5)

Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
Community

Correspondence (No Business)

Housing

Questions

Qu (5)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
Neil Hanly

"To ask the Chief Executive to issue a detailed report into a Homeless - emergency accomodation in the Clondalkina Area following on from several agreed motions on the issue over the last few years. Also to give a report on how many are registered as homeless from the Clondalkin Area and how many are known to be so called rough sleepers?"

Qu (6)

Submitted by:
Councillor Eoin &#211; Broin
Responsibility:
Marguerite Staunton

"To ask the Chief Executive if it can be expected that the houses in Corkagh Grange will be ready for occupation by November, 2020?"

Headed Items

H-I (10)

Submitted by:
Housing
Responsibility:
Housing

New Works (No Business)

H-I (11)

Submitted by:
Director of Housing, Social & Community Development
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech

Anti-Social Quarterly Statistics 2020

Correspondence

Cor (6)

Submitted by:
Housing
Responsibility:
Housing

Correspondence (No Business)

Planning

Questions

Qu (7)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
Hazel Craigie

"That the Chief Executive issue a report into what happened to the Rathcoole Local Area Plan 2002? Why was it not renewed by Council? How come no LAP has ever followed for Rathcoole?"

Qu (8)

Submitted by:
Councillor Eoin &#211; Broin
Responsibility:
Hazel Craigie

"Each local authority has responsibility for the administration of the Vacant Site Levy and register in their respective catchment areas. The Planning and Development (Amendment) Act 2018 increased the VSL rate, from 3% of the market value of a vacant site for 2018, to 7% for 2019. To ask the Chief Executive to confirm for the Clondalkin LEA : 1. If a public register of vacant sites has been established; 2. If site inspections have taken place; 3. If the ownership of sites has been established; 4. The number of sites added to the register; 5. The market value of sites added to the register; and, 6. The number of appeals, and subsequent removals of sites, from the register."

Headed Items

H-I (12)

Submitted by:
Planning
Responsibility:
Planning

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (7)

Submitted by:
Planning
Responsibility:
Planning

Correspondence (No Business)

Motions

Mot (7)

Submitted by:
Councillor Eoin &#211; Broin
Responsibility:
Chris Shanahan

Cathaoirleach's Business

"That this Area Committee calls on Management to reconsider the naming of the new public housing project on the Old Nangor Road opposite Colaiste Chilliain, Richmond Way. I have previously suggested via Members Reps. ID: 1575468 that the Estate should be named after Raheen House and Lodge that stood on the same site upon till recently. Despite the reservations Management have expressed regarding Raheen given that there are other incidences of Raheen, the name Richmond also occurs in other location e.g. former Richmond Hospital, Richmond Tower in Kilmainham, Richmond Park and South Richmond Street in Dublin. If Raheen is not acceptable, I would suggest a name related to the natural environment e.g. the Camac or heritage e.g. St Chrónáin. Clondalkin Historical Society would have some useful suggestions."

Mot (8)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
Eoin Burke

"That this Area Committee request that the Chief Executive issues a detailed report for discussion into Kilmahuddrick Church to include what the council can do to ensure its preserved and that the council actively pursue grants to make the ruin more presentable and useable as a tourist and local amenity. That its added to a regular clean up and maintenance schedule, also to ask that a sign is erected to explain the significance of the building.  This is an important building in Clondalkin Heritage and this Committee requests it be preserved for future generations. We also request this it be put on the Agenda for the High level Task Force meetings."

Transportation

Headed Items

H-I (13)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Transportation

New Works (No Business)

H-I (14)

Submitted by:
Director of Land Use, Planning and Transportation
Responsibility:
Ally Menary

School Street Project Update

H-I (15)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
William Purcell

Traffic Calming Programme 2020

H-I (16)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Transportation

Proposed Declaration of Roads to be Public Roads (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (8)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Transportation

Correspondence (No Business)

Motions

Mot (9)

Submitted by:
Councillor Eoin &#211; Broin
Responsibility:
William Purcell

Cathaoirleach's Business

"Knockmeenagh Lane in Clondalkin runs from Monastery Road beside the IBIS roundabout to St Brigid´s Cottages along the south side of the SIAC quarry. The lane has existed for hundreds of years and is shown on maps from the 18th century. Vehicles drove on the lane up until the 1960's and it currently has the potential to be a Greenway given it is away from a main road, and has nice views of both the mountains and into the quarry itself. This Committee calls upon Management to take whatever measures and consultations are necessary to take the lane in charge as suggested in the response to Members Reps. ID: 1560807."

Mot (10)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

''That this committee requests that a full audit is done on the footpaths in Kilmahuddrick to see what needs to be done to make all footpaths in the Estate accessible for wheelchair and other users and this is actioned and budgeted for and that this audit includes Ashwood to get across to Lealand and the bus stop at St. Cuthbert's Park. It would be advisable to look at access across the Bawnogue area as it’s an older area.''

Mot (11)

Submitted by:
Councillor S. O'Hara
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

"That this Area Committee gets an update on the footpath repair programme for our Local Area."

Mot (12)

Submitted by:
Councillor Eoin &#211; Broin
Responsibility:
John Coughlan

"That this Area Committee calls upon the NTA to expedite the electrification of the rail track between Heuston Station and Hazelhatch Station to allow for a DART like Service on this stretch."

Libraries & Arts

Questions

Qu (9)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
Bernadette Fennell

"To ask the Chief Executive to consider an online Art Competition run with Libraries and the St Brigid's Festival Committee to promote the legend of St Brigid in time for St Brigid's Day on 1st February 2021 and to issue a report into same?"

Headed Items

H-I (17)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts

New Works (No Business)

H-I (18)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Bernadette Fennell

Library News & Events

H-I (19)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts

Application for Arts Grants

Correspondence

Cor (9)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts

Correspondence (No Business)

Motions

Mot (13)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
Bernadette Fennell

"That this Area Committee request that Libraries work with Clondalkin Handcraft and Horticultural Show to explore what categories from the show could be done and displayed in South Dublin County Council windows and Libraries like photography capturing Covid Moments and Art work."

Economic Development

Questions

Qu (10)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
Laura Leonard

"To ask the Chief Executive to issue a report and list of all council owned land in the Clondalkin Area that is suitable to be built on for Housing and Community facilities?"

Headed Items

H-I (20)

Submitted by:
Economic Development
Responsibility:
Economic Development

New Works (No Business)

H-I (21)

Submitted by:
Director of Economic, Enterprise & Tourism Development
Responsibility:
Thomas Rooney

Reopening of Brú Chrónáin    

Correspondence

Cor (10)

Submitted by:
Economic Development
Responsibility:
Economic Development

Correspondence (No Business)

Motions

Mot (14)

Submitted by:
Councillor Eoin &#211; Broin
Responsibility:
Laura Leonard

Cathaoirleach's Business

"That this Area Committee calls upon the Law Department of South Dublin County Council to expedite the conveyancing necessary to bring the Community Meeting Space in the Orchard Lodge Apartment Block, for which planning permission was granted seventeen years ago (SD03A/0271), into South Dublin County Council ownership and thus allow its fit out to commence."

Mot (15)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
Thomas Rooney

"That this Committee calls on South Dublin County Council to work with local groups such as the Clondalkin Drama Group, The Clondalkin Handcraft and Horticultural Show, Clondalkin Patricks Day Festival Committee, The Joe Williams Archives Committee, Clondalkin Tidy Towns, Friend's of the Camac and many others to look at them having local displays. It would encourage and promote visitors to Bru Chrónáin when it reopens. That the Council consider how this could be managed and provide an area where such a display could go within the Heritage Centre. Volunteerism has played a huge part in Clondalkin's development."

A-Z of All Services