Coucnil Banner Image

Council Meetings

October 2020 Virtual Lucan/Palmerstown/North Clondalkin Area Committee Meeting Agenda


Date:
27/10/2020 15:00
Location:
Virtual Meeting

Headed Items

H-I (1)

Submitted by:
LAC Meeting Administration
Responsibility:
LAC Meeting Administration
Confirmation and Re-affirmation of Minutes of Meeting of

Performance & Change Management

Correspondence

Cor (1)

Submitted by:
Performance & Change Management
Responsibility:
Performance & Change Management

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (2)

Submitted by:
Performance & Change Management
Responsibility:
Performance & Change Management

New Works (No Business)

Corporate Support

Questions

Qu (1)

Submitted by:
Councillor G. O'Connell
Responsibility:
LAC Meeting Administration

To ask the Chief Executive for an update on the Silver Bridge and if there is any timetable for further action as, as shown in the report, it is in urgent need of attention.

Qu (2)

Submitted by:
Councillor Joanna Tuffy
Responsibility:
Brenda Pierce

That the Chief Executive Officer will give an update on the Lucan Village Design Statement. What status does that statement have in terms of planning for Lucan and can it be updated?

Qu (3)

Submitted by:
Councillor Joanna Tuffy
Responsibility:
Brenda Pierce

To ask the Chief Executive Officer to give an update on improvements and planned improvements to Lucan Demesne

Correspondence

Cor (2)

Submitted by:
Corporate Support
Responsibility:
Corporate Support

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (3)

Submitted by:
Corporate Support
Responsibility:
Corporate Support

New Works (No Business)

Motions

Mot (1)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
Brenda Pierce

Motion Lucan Village Green Corporate Support This Committee asks the CE to update the members on the plans for the village green area. To ask that it includes a timeframe and to advise if Covid 19 has made an impact on the design. Management may be aware than concerns have been brought to our attention from business owners regarding Parklet plans in the village area and have asked that the village green be used to its full potential to incorporate additional pedestrian seating/facilities etc and to maintain it regularly.

 

Mot (2)

Submitted by:
Councillor E. O'Brien
Responsibility:
Brenda Pierce,Colin Clarke

That the Chief Executive provide a report on the construction of both Airlie Park and Tandy's Lane Park to include work done to date in relation to the parks and an expected opening date for both

Moved without Debate

Environment

Questions

Qu (4)

Submitted by:
Councillor P. Gogarty
Responsibility:
Environment, Water & Climate Change,LAC Meeting Administration

To ask the Manager for a further update on noise mitigation in Palmerstown sought from the R148/M50 junction and as far as Palmerstown Cemetery in terms of tangible actions taken to date as a result by TII and to indicate whether follow up correspondence is required at this stage.

Correspondence

Cor (3)

Submitted by:
Environment
Responsibility:
Environment

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (4)

Submitted by:
Environment
Responsibility:
Environment

New Works (No Business)

Motions

Mot (3)

Submitted by:
Councillor Shane Moynihan
Responsibility:
Joseph Bockarie

That this Area Committee calls for the provision of Bottle Banks as part of the design of the Neilstown Shopping Centre District Centre Upgrade.

Water & Drainage

Correspondence

Cor (4)

Submitted by:
Water & Drainage
Responsibility:
Water & Drainage

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (5)

Submitted by:
Water & Drainage
Responsibility:
Water & Drainage

New Works (No Business)

H-I (6)

Submitted by:
Richard Fitzpatrick
Responsibility:
Richard Fitzpatrick

Part 8 application for Integrated Constructed Wetland

Public Realm

Questions

Qu (5)

Submitted by:
Councillor Shane Moynihan
Responsibility:
David Fennell

To ask the Chief Executive to outline what actions relating to hedging and vegetation are being taken to remove opportunities for drug dealing and other anti-social behaviour in the Griffeen Avenue area, especially in the vicinity of Lucan Community National School.

Qu (6)

Submitted by:
Councillor Shane Moynihan
Responsibility:
David Fennell

To ask the Chief Executive for the planned programme of works for the remainder of 2020, with regard to the installation of new public litter bins, with regard to location of the works and expected completion date for the Lucan and Palmerstown-Fonthill electoral areas.

Qu (7)

Submitted by:
Councillor E. O'Brien
Responsibility:
Suzanne Furlong

To ask the Chief Executive to provide an update in relation to construction of the new pavilion at Griffeen Valley Park

Qu (8)

Submitted by:
Councillor G. O'Connell
Responsibility:
David Fennell

To ask the Chief Executive for a report on Glenaulin Park and to include if he is satisfied that persons in wheelchairs can gain ready access, who holds the keys for gates that are locked and to indicate plans for upgrading the Park.

Qu (9)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
Suzanne Furlong

To ask the Chief Executive for an update on the Multi Wall ball Teen space on Newcastle road, and advise if there are plans to introduce additional teen spaces in the area.

Qu (10)

Submitted by:
Councillor Joanna Tuffy
Responsibility:
Suzanne Furlong

To ask the Chief Executive Officer for an update on the teen spaces planned for Lucan

Qu (11)

Submitted by:
Councillor Joanna Tuffy
Responsibility:
David Fennell

To ask if there are any plans for Vesey Park in terms of any additional facilities.

Correspondence

Cor (5)

Submitted by:
Public Realm
Responsibility:
Public Realm

Correspondence(No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (7)

Submitted by:
Public Realm
Responsibility:
Maire Ni Dhomhnaill

Tree Maintenance Update

Motions

Mot (4)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Johansson
Responsibility:
Laurence Colleran

That the Chief Executive install autism friendly communication boards in the parks in the Lucan/Palmerstown/Fonthill LEA to help children with ASD to enjoy the parks and facilities. (see attached image from Wexford County Council)

Mot (5)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
David Fennell

As we continue to design and implement cycle ways / lanes in our county including the Lucan, Adamstown, Grange castle and newer developments in Clonburris, we have seen evidence of an increase in cycling and more recently during lockdown due to covid restrictions, Cycling has become a preferred mode of transport to public transport.

The cleansing of cycle lanes has become a challenge. Removal of debris, broken glass, damaged shores, overgrown briars, damage from burnt out vehicles etc is a regular request received from the public including cyclists and in some instances removing cyclists from our cycle lanes for some time.

This committee requests that the Chief Executive introduce a cycle lane cleansing schedule programme, similar to the road sweeping programme. To also include a report on the machinery currently owned by the council to cleanse the cycle lanes, how many per area, and when we last invested in new machinery.

Mot (6)

Submitted by:
Councillor G. O'Connell
Responsibility:
David Fennell,Maire Ni Dhomhnaill

That the Manager responsible provides a report on the maintenance of Waterstown Park year to date and to include a. grass cutting, b. hedges and trees and c. waterways.

Mot (7)

Submitted by:
Councillor V. Casserly
Responsibility:
David Fennell

To call on the manager to upgrade Sli na Slainte signage in  Griffeen Park or alternative KM Markers for park users. This could greatly support Park Run in terms of equipment and health and safety measures going forward with COVID 19

Community

Questions

Qu (12)

Submitted by:
Councillor P. Gogarty
Responsibility:
Brian Hora

To ask the Chief Executive for a further update on the projected opening month of Lucan Swimming Pool; and if a statement can be made on the matter.

Qu (13)

Submitted by:
Councillor Shane Moynihan
Responsibility:
Brian Hora

To ask the Chief Executive for a list of all residents associations/neighnourhood watches/local resident groups which deal with the Council and whether they are registered with the PPN.

Qu (14)

Submitted by:
Councillor E. O'Brien
Responsibility:
Brian Hora

To ask the Chief Executive to provide an update in relation to construction of the swimming pool in Griffeen Valley Park in Lucan

Correspondence

Cor (6)

Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
Community

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (8)

Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
Community

New Works (No Business)

H-I (9)

Submitted by:
Brian Carroll
Responsibility:
Brian Hora

Deputations for Noting

Housing

Questions

Qu (15)

Submitted by:
Councillor P. Gogarty
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech

That the Chief Executive pay special attention to finally fixing the problems at address supplied in one fell swoop or prioritising alternative accommodation in a newer dwelling as the resident has suffered serious maintenance issues over many years that and delayed/intermittent repairs have led to other problems with the bathroom and kitchen with current issues including rotting timber and foul smells still remaining in the premises.

Qu (16)

Submitted by:
Councillor P. Gogarty
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech

To ask the Chief Executive if the Housing Maintenance will reassess the communications between maintenance contractors/staff and tenants in this Area Committee area as there have been multiple incidences reported to this Councillor of residents requesting a text or an email to indicate when someone is calling, but claiming to have received no notification in advance and as a result they are out when maintenance arrives, which delays works being carried out for weeks or months; if it is possible to have a dual verification system where the resident must equally respond positively that they will be at the home; and if a statement can be made on the matter.

Qu (17)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Johansson
Responsibility:
Neil Hanly

To ask the Chief Executive to provide a report on the number of 4 bed properties that have been allocated in Lucan over the past 2 years?

Qu (18)

Submitted by:
Councillor Joanna Tuffy
Responsibility:
Marguerite Staunton

To ask the Chief Executive Officer for an update on all current construction of social housing in the Lucan Electoral Area including under part 5 and any direct build or rebuilding ireland projects.

Correspondence

Cor (7)

Submitted by:
Housing
Responsibility:
Housing

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (10)

Submitted by:
Housing
Responsibility:
Housing

New Works (No Business)

H-I (11)

Submitted by:
Housing
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech

Anti-Social Quarterly Statistics 2020

Motions

Mot (8)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Johansson
Responsibility:
Marguerite Staunton

That due to the length of time families have to wait for 4 bed properties, the Chief Executive make an effort to secure 4 bed properties in Lucan either through direct build, Part V or acquisitions.

Mot (9)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
Marguerite Staunton

This committee requests the Chief Executive to report on the number of AHB that are currently involved in Lucan/Palmerstown/North Clondalkin area. The members agree to sending an invite to the AHB to attend an area meeting and make a presentation to the members.

Planning

Questions

Qu (19)

Submitted by:
Councillor P. Gogarty
Responsibility:
Eoin Burke

To ask the Chief Executive for an update in terms of the current status of planning enforcement matters raised under membersrep 1527450 where a warning letter was issued and a response sought and to indicate what further actions are outstanding at this time.

Qu (20)

Submitted by:
Councillor G. O'Connell
Responsibility:
Eoin Burke

To ask the Chief Executive if there have been any approaches from the developers of the Palmerstown Retail Park into Apartments Build to Rent since the An Bord PLeanala decison to grant permission.

Qu (21)

Submitted by:
Councillor G. O'Connell
Responsibility:
Chris Shanahan,Mary Maguire

To ask the Chief Executive Officer if the (7) new houses at the bottom of Palmerstown Ave can be named and numbered "1 to 7" Palmerstown Ave (There are 6 spare numbers at present so it would be necessary to have a 1 and 1A. The proposal to name them "Red Cow" is confusing as there are already Red Cow Cottages the other side of the R148 and it would also create an unnecessary distinction between the current houses on the Ave and these 7 which ae simply a continuation.

Qu (22)

Submitted by:
Councillor Joanna Tuffy
Responsibility:
Jason Frehill

To ask the Chief Executive Officer further to recent Adamstown SDZ quarterly report can an update be given on the plans for Adamstown Train Station, and the district centre that is proposed for there. Will the district centre include parking for those wishing to park and go on the train, and in the interim what improvements are planned in relation to park and ride facilities associated with the train station, also cycle lanes to the Station, and also when is it planned to open Adamstown Boulevard as far as the "Old Tandy's Lane" so that residents from Shackleton and Hallwell can walk to the train station and does the Council Planning Department liaise with Irish Rail on these matters?

Correspondence

Cor (8)

Submitted by:
Planning
Responsibility:
Planning

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (12)

Submitted by:
Planning
Responsibility:
Planning

New Works (No Business)

Motions

Mot (10)

Submitted by:
Councillor Joanna Tuffy
Responsibility:
Eoin Burke,Rosaleen Dwyer

That the Chief Executive Officer give an update on what the Council is doing to monitor works in the vicinity of the Tobermaclugg stream and the need to protect it and biodiversity and the site of the holywell and if he will make a statement on the matter.

Moved without Debate

Transportation

Questions

Qu (23)

Submitted by:
Councillor V. Casserly
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

To ask the Manager if he would attend to the footpaths on the downward ramp leading down to the Hermitage Clinic/Liffey Valley Shopping Centre. The footpaths are now treacherous and need to be aligned.'

Qu (24)

Submitted by:
Councillor P. Gogarty
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

To ask the Chief Executive for an update on footpath repairs for the next 12 months within the Area Committee boundaries in light of Covid delays?

Qu (25)

Submitted by:
Councillor P. Gogarty
Responsibility:
William Purcell

To ask the Chief Executive to outline the current waiting list for traffic calming works in the current budget year in this Area Committee boundary and to outline when the next public consultation period for submissions and observations will take place?

Qu (26)

Submitted by:
Councillor Shane Moynihan
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

To ask the Chief Executive for the planned programme of works for the remainder of 2020, with regard to footpath repairs, with regard to location of the works and expected completion date for the Lucan and Palmerstown-Fonthill electoral areas.

Qu (27)

Submitted by:
Councillor Shane Moynihan
Responsibility:
Caitriona Lambert,Tony O Grady

To ask the Chief Executive for the planned programme of works for the remainder of 2020, with regard to public lighting upgrades, with regard to location of the works and expected completion date for the Lucan and Palmerstown-Fonthill electoral areas.

Qu (28)

Submitted by:
Councillor G. O'Connell
Responsibility:
William Purcell

To ask the Chief Executive if there has been any progress in relation to the The Council taking the Cherry Orchard Industrial Estate in Charge and if Council staff could approach the Owner/Tenants with a view to addressing any outstanding issues so that the Estate can be brought to and maintained at a satisfactory standard.

Qu (29)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
Ally Menary,William Purcell

This committee is aware of the work carried out in regards to implementation of safety measures in and around housing estates, schools etc. A lot of emphasis is around installing ramps. What can we do as a council to promote other measures available. Could the councils social media platforms be looked at. it has been successful in many other awareness programmes.

Correspondence

Cor (9)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Transportation

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (13)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Transportation

New Works (No Business)

H-I (14)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Transportation

Proposed Declaration of Roads to be Public Roads (No Business)

H-I (15)

Submitted by:
William Purcell
Responsibility:
William Purcell

Traffic Calming Programme of Works 2020

H-I (16)

Submitted by:
Ally Menary
Responsibility:
Ally Menary

South Dublin School Street - School Selection

Motions

Mot (11)

Submitted by:
Councillor G. O'Connell
Responsibility:
William Purcell

That the Manager responsible provides an update on (a) the proposal to install a 3.5T limit on the roads between the Oval and Wheatfield Road and (b) the operation of the current 7,5T limit on Kennelsfort Road.

Mot (12)

Submitted by:
Councillor V. Casserly
Responsibility:
William Purcell

To call on the manager to explore the urgent installation of sensory operated pedestrian lights in context of improved hygiene with prevalence of COVID 19 in our communities

Moved without Debate

Mot (13)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
William Purcell

This committee requested an examination of placing a full time HGV ban along the Newcastle road. (previous motion attached). This motion asks the Chief Executive to advise the members if an examination has been carried out. The traffic on the Newcastle road continues to increase and there is a high volume of HGV's. There's appx 30+ exits and entrances (including individual drive ways) on this stretch of road measuring 2km from the N4 bridge to grand canal. Could management take this topography into account when considering this examination

 

Mot (14)

Submitted by:
Councillor E. O'Brien
Responsibility:
William Purcell

That this Area Committee, in light of reduced traffic movements due to Covid 19 and noting the requirement to provide for social distancing in the vicinity of local business, immediately undertakes an examination of options which could be implemented to provide for the better movement of traffic through Lucan village and a subsequent reduction in traffic movements through the village

Moved without Debate

Mot (15)

Submitted by:
Councillor Joanna Tuffy
Responsibility:
John Coughlan

That the Chief Executive Officer reports on if there are there any plans to develop cycle lanes from Shackleton Park to Lucan village? There is a great cycle lane in Shackleton, but it ends quickly after leaving the estate.

Mot (16)

Submitted by:
Councillor E. O'Brien
Responsibility:
William Purcell

That the Chief Executive provides a report on if he intends to make a submission in relation to the latest version of the Bus Connects CBC project and if so to provide a report of such submission in particular observations relating to the Lucan to City Centre and Liffey Valley to City Centre routes

Moved without Debate

Libraries & Arts

Questions

Qu (30)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Johansson
Responsibility:
Bernadette Fennell

To ask the chief executive for an update on the works to the wall at Oatfield that was to be done as part of the new North Clondalkin library?

Correspondence

Cor (10)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (17)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts

NEW WORKS (No Business)

H-I (18)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Bernadette Fennell

Library News & Events

H-I (19)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Orla Scannell

Application for Arts Grants

Economic Development

Questions

Qu (31)

Submitted by:
Councillor P. Gogarty
Responsibility:
Thomas Rooney

To ask the Chief Executive for an update on plans to revitalise Cherry Orchard industrial estate and make more use of the area for businesses and visitors, including ways to facilitate community activities and mini entreprise hubs for Palmerstown and other local residents in vacant buildings.

Qu (32)

Submitted by:
Councillor Shane Moynihan
Responsibility:
Thomas Rooney

To ask the Chief Executive as to what outreach has taken place between the LEO and business owners in Palmerstown, Lucan and North Clondalkin, and to provide relevant data by category of support and by location of business.

Correspondence

Cor (11)

Submitted by:
Economic Development
Responsibility:
Economic Development

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (20)

Submitted by:
Economic Development
Responsibility:
Economic Development

New Works (No Business)

Motions

Mot (17)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Johansson
Responsibility:
Laura Leonard

That the Chief Executive produce an update on the gatekeeper's lodge and that this committee supports the proposal that it be used by Ronanstown Youth Service for outdoor activities on the canal.

Mot (18)

Submitted by:
Councillor Shane Moynihan
Responsibility:
Laura Leonard

That this Area Committee calls for an update from LENS Media as to what plans they have in place for outreach to local schools and communities as part of their establishment in Grange Castle Business Park?

Moved without Debate

Mot (19)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
Laura Leonard

This committee was given a commitment to have a feasibility study carried out on council owned land, and report back to members (see previous item submitted).

It has since been confirmed that this land was purchased by the council via a CPO, I now submit this motion and ask that a discussion takes place on the following proposal:

This committee requests the Chief Executive to make the land available for community use, give consideration to the theatre and arts community, recognising its location it could become a ‘centre for the  community & arts’. The location of this land borders Lucan and would complement existing communities and future communities in Adamstown and Clonburris, it is also adjacent to the canal. We ask that the Chief Executive explore national funding available to the council.

A-Z of All Services