Coucnil Banner Image

Council Meetings

10th November 2020 Virtual Rathfarnham/Templeogue/Firhouse/Bohernabreena Area Committee Meeting Agenda


Date:
10/11/2020 15:00
Location:
Virtual Meeting

Headed Items

H-I (1)

Submitted by:
LAC Meeting Administration
Responsibility:
Mary Maguire

Confirmation and Re-Affirmtion of Minutes of Meeting held on 13th October 2020

Water & Drainage

Headed Items

H-I (2)

Submitted by:
Water & Drainage
Responsibility:
Water & Drainage

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (1)

Submitted by:
Water & Drainage
Responsibility:
Water & Drainage

Correspondence (No Business)

Motions

Mot (1)

Submitted by:
Councillor D. O'Donovan
Responsibility:
Derek Sargent

That the Manager reports on the ongoing issues with drainage and sewage in Dodder Valley Park.

 

 

 

Mot (2)

Submitted by:
Councillor D. O'Donovan
Responsibility:
Derek Sargent

That the Manager reports on what steps Irish Water have taken to deal with the 'no-man's land' between the Scholarstown Wood estate and the Ballyboden Water

 

Public Realm

Questions

Qu (1)

Submitted by:
Councillor Carly Bailey
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

To ask the Chief Executive the nature of and status of an alleged agreement made with the Council in relation to getting further works and improvements done for the dog run in Tymon Park including drainage, repair works and a dog run for smaller dogs. Can you please advise who is looking after this currently?

 

Qu (2)

Submitted by:
Councillor Carly Bailey
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

To ask the Chief Executive why grass is not collected from pitches cut by SDCC teams. A number of clubs have advised that it is their view that it is dangerous to leave cut grass on pitches, as players can slip and fall and therefore could cause injury.

 

Qu (3)

Submitted by:
Councillor B. Lawlor
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

To ask the council to re-instate the litter bin at Firhouse Village Park,that was removed several months ago to facilitate the installation on the CRC accessible garden.

 

Qu (4)

Submitted by:
Councillor B. Lawlor
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

To ask the Manager to place a seating area in the Dodder Linear Park,a huge number of walkers are using the Park and have requested a seating area to rest up for five minutes.

 

 

Qu (5)

Submitted by:
Councillor D. O'Donovan
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

To ask the Manager, how many calls have been received in relation to leaf collections in the RTFB area? How does this number compare with the previous three years?

 

 

Qu (6)

Submitted by:
Councillor E. Murphy
Responsibility:
Maire Ni Dhomhnaill

Can the Council please provide an update in relation to the tree maintenance programme in Moyville estate? Can timescales for the implementation of the programme be provided please?

 

Correspondence

Cor (2)

Submitted by:
Public Realm
Responsibility:
Public Realm

Correspondence(No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (3)

Submitted by:
Public Realm
Responsibility:
Public Realm

New Works (No Business)

Motions

Mot (3)

Submitted by:
Councillor Yvonne Collins
Responsibility:
Maire Ni Dhomhnaill

That this committee asks the Chief Executive to confirm that additional funding will be allocated in the 2020 budget to the tree maintenance programme to deal with delays in tree maintenance in this electoral area caused by Covid-19

 

Mot (4)

Submitted by:
Councillor David McManus
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

That this Area Committee supports a text alert scheme being introduced to report anti social behaviour (and the use of scramblers) by members of the public with SDCC park rangers in public parks.

 

 

Mot (5)

Submitted by:
Councillor Yvonne Collins
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

That the Manager replaces the damaged seat benches in Rathfarnham Castle Park, as per photo attached, and to consider replacing them with longer benches, more conducive to social distancing

 

 

Mot (6)

Submitted by:
Councillor David McManus
Responsibility:
Leo Magee,Maire Ni Dhomhnaill

That this Area Committee requests that a collection of trees, bushes and undergrowth is cleared between Aranleigh Park and Aranleigh Dell Rathfarnham, in the corner of the green field.

 

 

Environment

Questions

Qu (7)

Submitted by:
Councillor Clare O'Byrne
Responsibility:
Michael McAdam

To ask the manager for a report on the steps being taken to deal with the ongoing problem of illegal dumping and littering along Stocking Avenue, notably between the Stocking Lane and White Pines roundabouts. Has this area been identified as a hot spot for same? Illegal dumping and littering are unfortunately recurring issues in this location and a source of much disappointment and annoyance for local residents.

 

 

Qu (8)

Submitted by:
Councillor D. O'Donovan
Responsibility:
Michael McAdam

How many RAs from the RTFB area availed of the Bulbs Not Bonfire initative?

 

 

Correspondence

Cor (3)

Submitted by:
Environment
Responsibility:
Environment

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (4)

Submitted by:
Environment
Responsibility:
Environment

New Works (No Business)

Motions

Mot (7)

Submitted by:
Councillor Alan Edge
Responsibility:
Michael McAdam

That this Committee acknowledges the amazing work done by and in partnership with Pure Mile in tackling the ongoing problems of littering and illegal dumping in the upland areas falling within this local area and that members actively seek to promote and raise awareness of the Pure project.

 

 

Mot (8)

Submitted by:
Councillor Alan Edge
Responsibility:
Damien McNulty

That this Committee write to the Minister of Communications, Climate Action and Environment to ask that departmental funding for Pure Mile is secured in the longer term rather than on a one-year rolling basis to enable the continuance of this vital service.

 

Mot (9)

Submitted by:
Councillor Carly Bailey
Responsibility:
Brenda Shannon,Fionnghuala Ryan

That this committee asks that a pilot scheme be trialled in this LEA which will turn children's art that depict anti-dog fouling messaging into official posters that can be put up in an area. If successful, this could become a county wide initiative with local children creating art work for their local communities. This will create awareness, open up the conversation and help link in people's minds the impact and harms that dog fouling can have on children, their play and their health.

 

Housing

Correspondence

Cor (4)

Submitted by:
Housing
Responsibility:
Housing

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (5)

Submitted by:
Marie Kavanagh
Responsibility:
Marguerite Staunton,Marie Kavanagh,Patrick de Roe

Proposed Part 8 for Older Persons Housing Development at Pearse Brothers Park

H-I (6)

Submitted by:
Housing
Responsibility:
Housing

New Works (No Business)

Community

Correspondence

Cor (5)

Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
Community

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (7)

Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
Community

New Works (No Business)

H-I (8)

Submitted by:
Brian Carroll
Responsibility:
Brian Leonard

Deputations for Noting (NO BUSINESS)

Transportation

Questions

Qu (9)

Submitted by:
Councillor B. Lawlor
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

To ask the Chief Executive to cut back over shrubs & Branches on Ballycullen Road which is obstructing walkers and in particular two local residents who have guide dogs which is causing severe difficulties for them.

 

 

Qu (10)

Submitted by:
Councillor David McManus
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

To ask that a bollard is repaired between Hermitage Drive Rathfarnham and the Grange Road to Grange Downs cycle route. A photo is attached, it appears a car may have damaged the bollard.

 

 

Qu (11)

Submitted by:
Councillor Yvonne Collins
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

To ask the Manager to confirm that the road resurfacing in Rathfarnham Wood will be completed as soon as possible and to provide an indication as to when same will be finished

 

Qu (12)

Submitted by:
Councillor D. O'Donovan
Responsibility:
Sheila Nolan,Susan Sinclair

That the Manager reports on the number of trip and fall incidents reoported so far for 2020 in the RTFB area and how these numbers compare with the previous three years.

 

 

Correspondence

Cor (6)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Transportation

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (9)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Transportation

New Works (No Business)

H-I (10)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Transportation

Proposed Declaration of Roads to be Public Roads (NO BUSINESS)

H-I (11)

Submitted by:
Tony O Grady
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

Winter Maintenance Plan 2020-21

H-I (12)

Submitted by:
Sheila Kelly
Responsibility:
Sheila Kelly

Update on Public Consultation Draft Parking Bye Laws  - RTFB Issues

H-I (13)

Submitted by:
Kevin Reilly
Responsibility:
Kevin Reilly

LOCAL DIRECTIONAL SIGNING

Motions

Mot (10)

Submitted by:
Councillor Yvonne Collins
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

That this Committee, in light of the number of complaints made in relation to the hazardous condition of footpaths throughout the electoral area, considers carrying out a safety audit with a view to prioritising and carrying out necessary repairs as a matter of urgency, given the implications of a fall for residents, particularly elderly residents.

 

Mot (11)

Submitted by:
Councillor B. Lawlor
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

to ask the Manager to re-surface Killakee Gardens,the road is in poor repair and only road in whole estate not done re-surfaced

 

Mot (12)

Submitted by:
Councillor E. Murphy
Responsibility:
William Purcell

That South Dublin County Council moves to take in charge the wooden bridge between Edmondstown Road and Prospect Manor. The bridge has been continually damaged and is being consistently repaired by the Council - the bridge needs to be replaced as it is a serious hazard at present.

 

Mot (13)

Submitted by:
Councillor Alan Edge
Responsibility:
Sheila Kelly

That this Committee call on the Chief Executive to implement a public information social media campaign as regards parking in the Dublin Mountains given the increased numbers using the area for recreation during lockdown and specifically to urge people to consider the passage of emergency vehicles.

 

Mot (14)

Submitted by:
Councillor Carly Bailey
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

That this Committee requests that the footpath at the corner of St Peters Crescent leading onto Limekiln Lane is repaired. This footpath is in really bad disrepair and consists only of tarmacadem, rather than concrete. It is loose and difficult to walk on and a number of older persons and children have falled at this spot in more recent times. There is spraypaint on the ground near to it indicating that some works are due to be done in the area, though it doesn´t appear to be the case at this spot. Residents say they have reported this issue a number of times. If work is going ahead here, it would make sense that this footpath be dealt with also.

 

Mot (15)

Submitted by:
Councillor Alan Edge
Responsibility:
Sheila Kelly

That this Committee write to the NTA and the Minister for Transport to urge them to redraft the terms of reference for the feasibility study on the continuation of the Metrolink in broader terms, so that 'Metro to Knocklyon' is replaced with 'Metro to Dublin South-West' to leave open the possibility of extending the line to Firhouse.

 

Mot (16)

Submitted by:
Councillor E. Murphy
Responsibility:
William Purcell

That this Area Committee requests that South Dublin County Council consider the implementation of benches across the Knocklyon area. In light of the current situation the provision of such benches would be very attractive to our ageing population in the area.

 

 

Mot (17)

Submitted by:
Councillor D. O'Donovan
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

That the Manager adds the repair of the footpath through Beverly Park to the 2021 Works Programme.

 

 

Economic Development

Correspondence

Cor (7)

Submitted by:
Economic Development
Responsibility:
Economic Development

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (14)

Submitted by:
Economic Development
Responsibility:
Economic Development

New Works (No Business)

Planning

Correspondence

Cor (8)

Submitted by:
Planning
Responsibility:
Planning

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (15)

Submitted by:
Planning
Responsibility:
Planning

New Works (No Business)

Motions

Mot (18)

Submitted by:
Councillor E. Murphy
Responsibility:
Eoin Burke

That South Dublin County Council investigates the provision of a creche facility in Dodderbrook. In response to the question posed on the same issue at the September ACM by myself the residents have provided photographs of the 'proposed creche' which is two apartments and not a creche facility (photos attached).

 

Libraries & Arts

Correspondence

Cor (9)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (16)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts

NEW WORKS (No Business)

H-I (17)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Bernadette Fennell

Library News & Events

H-I (18)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Orla Scannell

Application for Arts Grants - No Business

Corporate Support

Correspondence

Cor (10)

Submitted by:
Corporate Support
Responsibility:
Corporate Support

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (19)

Submitted by:
Corporate Support
Responsibility:
Corporate Support

New Works (No Business)

Motions

Mot (19)

Submitted by:
Councillor Yvonne Collins
Responsibility:
Sheila Kelly

That this committee writes to the Minister for Education highlighting the need for urgent resources and supports for the Firhouse Eductate Together National School, specifically the need for SNAs as the current allocation is completely inadequate. Children with additional needs have struggled badly with lockdown, Covid restrictions, and the return to school, and proper resources and supports are required as a matter of urgency.

 

 

Mot (20)

Submitted by:
Councillor Alan Edge
Responsibility:
Sheila Kelly

In view of the spread of the invasive species rhododendron in the commonage forming part of the Glenasmole SAC and the Wicklow Mountains National Park, that this Committee write to the National Parks and Wildlife Service to ask what steps they are planning to take to combat this problem.

 

 

Performance & Change Management

Correspondence

Cor (11)

Submitted by:
Performance & Change Management
Responsibility:
Performance & Change Management

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (20)

Submitted by:
Performance & Change Management
Responsibility:
Performance & Change Management

New Works (No Business)

A-Z of All Services