Coucnil Banner Image

Council Meetings

Clondalkin Area Committee Meeting 18th November, 2020 Agenda


Date:
18/11/2020 15:00
Location:
Virtual Meeting
Standing Orders:
View

Teams Meeting.<br />Staff will be in attendance in HQ to ensure stable internet connection and to allow for the administration of the meeting.<br />Social distancing will be adhered.

Headed Items

H-I (1)

Submitted by:
C AC Meeting Administrator
Responsibility:
C AC Meeting Administrator

Confirmation & Re-affirmation of Minutes of Meeting held on 21st October, 2020

Water & Drainage

Headed Items

H-I (2)

Submitted by:
Water & Drainage
Responsibility:
Water & Drainage

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (1)

Submitted by:
Water & Drainage
Responsibility:
Water & Drainage

Correspondence (No Business)

Public Realm

Questions

Qu (1)

Submitted by:
Councillor William Joseph Carey
Responsibility:
David Fennell

"To ask the Chief Executive to offer a report on the recent flooding and overflow of the duckponds in Corkagh Park and to outline what action was taken to remedy this? What actions have been taken to ensure there is not a re-occurrance and to confirm which department is responsible for the maintenance and drainage? Work has commenced and is currently taken place on widening of footpaths in the park. Excess soil is currently being placed within various locations near the Camac River. Can we be assured that this placement of soil will not interfere with flow of the river and thus cause further flooding?"

Qu (2)

Submitted by:
Councillor Peter Kavanagh
Responsibility:
Laurence Colleran

"To ask the Chief Executive, for clarification and confirmation that the consultation on the Green Infrastructure Strategy is not a separate exercise but will be part of the proposed public consultation period for the draft County Development Plan is the 5th July 2021-14th September 2021 and if that is the case, to reconsider and run a separate public consultation process?"

Qu (3)

Submitted by:
Councillor Eoin &#211; Broin
Responsibility:
David Fennell

"To ask the Chief Executive if the cause of the flooding that occurred near the Duck Ponds in Corkagh Park two weeks ago not dissipating quickly has been established and might same happen again?"

Qu (4)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
David Fennell

"To ask that the Chief Executive issues a report update on what can be done to prevent a bonfire at the entrance to Lindisfarne Estate. This matter has been raised in the past and that the Chief Executive outlines what action he will take on the matter?"

Qu (5)

Submitted by:
Councillor Peter Kavanagh
Responsibility:
Laurence Colleran

"To ask the Chief Executive, what are the current studies being undertaken as part of informing the Green Infrastructure Strategy and what components are desk based and what components are based on new field studies?"

Qu (6)

Submitted by:
Councillor Eoin &#211; Broin
Responsibility:
David Fennell

"To ask the Chief Executive to clarify why the playground beside Clondalkin Leisure Centre has not been open recently?"

Headed Items

H-I (3)

Submitted by:
Public Realm
Responsibility:
Public Realm

New Works (No Business)

H-I (4)

Submitted by:
Public Realm
Responsibility:
Maire Ni Dhomhnaill

Tree Maintenance Update

Correspondence

Cor (2)

Submitted by:
Public Realm
Responsibility:
Public Realm

Correspondence (No Business)

Motions

Mot (1)

Submitted by:
Councillor T. Gilligan
Responsibility:
David Fennell

"That the Chief Executive attempt to eradicate rubbish, littering, etc at St. Brigid's Well, Lilliput Lane, it is a disgrace and needs to be rectified. Can the Council also arrange a clean up at earliest convenience."

Mot (2)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
David Fennell

"That this Area Committee supports Clondalkin Tidy Towns request that South Dublin County Council secure the Mount Saint Joseph Graveyard, Monastery Road and regularly maintain the site to preserve it for future generations."

Environment

Headed Items

H-I (5)

Submitted by:
Environment
Responsibility:
Environment

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (3)

Submitted by:
Environment
Responsibility:
Environment

Correspondence (No Business)

Motions

Mot (3)

Submitted by:
Councillor Eoin &#211; Broin
Responsibility:
Brenda Shannon

Cathaoirleach's Business

"That in light of recent videos circulated on Social Media of a herd of horses living in squalour conditions on public land in the vicinity of Kishogue that this Area Committee receives an update on the work of South Dublin County Council in relation to Horse Welfare on it's lands."

Mot (4)

Submitted by:
Councillor T. Gilligan
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

"That the Chief Executive agree to reinstate the one off junk collection/ free access to Ballymount facility in Clondalkin Local Electoral Area."

Housing

Questions

Qu (7)

Submitted by:
Councillor William Joseph Carey
Responsibility:
Marguerite Staunton

"To ask the Chief Executive to offer a report in response to the following issues. Since completion of the Corkagh Park Housing Development it has been noted that there is height difference of approx. 600mm in the street levels where Cherrywood Crescent aligns with the new estate. What are the implications for child safety where the boundary wall and fence now has a low level access on the side for new houses with high level drop on the existing housing side? Was this envisaged in the original design and what implications does this have for possible flooding in the area?"

Qu (8)

Submitted by:
Councillor Eoin &#211; Broin
Responsibility:
Eddie Conroy

"This Area Committee welcomes the recently completed works to the Boardwalk on Orchard Road in Clondalkin. To ask the Chief Executive when the balustrades (i) beside the recently completed Boardwalk on Orchard Road, Clondalkin and (ii) at the Mayfield Bridge on Watery Lane, Clondalkin will be varnished?"

Qu (9)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
Neil Hanly

"To ask that the Chief Executive issues a report update on a proposed Hostel for the Clondalkin area that the elected Clondalkin Area Councillors have supported in several motions since 2014 given another recent homeless death in the area and to update this Committee on what has been done to progress this since 2014 in terms of a suitable location and funding application?"

Headed Items

H-I (6)

Submitted by:
Housing
Responsibility:
Housing

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (4)

Submitted by:
Housing
Responsibility:
Housing

Correspondence (No Business)

Motions

Mot (5)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech

"That this Area Committee requests that the anti-social unit investigate action incidents ongoing into social behaviour in Ballnakelly in Newcastle and also liaise with Rathcoole Guards on this matter and to look at holding a South Dublin County Council anti-social clinic in Newcastle community centre that could deal with these issues moving forward."

Mot (6)

Submitted by:
Councillor William Joseph Carey
Responsibility:
Marguerite Staunton

"That this Area Committee agrees that Council Management shall establish a liaison group to co-ordinate with residents groups and builders who are undertaking building projects at Mayfield/Riversdale and the Eircom site at Nangor Rd in order that issues pertaining to the smooth operation of the development can be addressed on an agreed basis."

Community

Headed Items

H-I (7)

Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
Community

New Works (No Business)

H-I (8)

Submitted by:
Director of Housing, Social & Community Development
Responsibility:
Brian Hora

Deputations (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (5)

Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
Community

Correspondence (No Business)

Transportation

Questions

Qu (10)

Submitted by:
Councillor S. O'Hara
Responsibility:
William Purcell

"To ask the Chief Executive for an update on the plan for the Spine Road through the estate of Slade Castle, Millrace, Crossforge, and Drurys Mill in Saggart?"

Qu (11)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

"To ask that the Chief Executive issues a report update to the bollards on Tower Road, two bollards are now down. When will one be fixed and other replaced? Also to give an update on the new bollard request to protect the Round Tower?"

Qu (12)

Submitted by:
Councillor S. O'Hara
Responsibility:
William Purcell

"To ask the Chief Executive to conduct a Traffic Management survey in Saggart Village at peak times, particularly focusing on the traffic lights sequence."

Headed Items

H-I (9)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Transportation

New Works (No Business)

H-I (10)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Transportation

Proposed Declaration of Roads to be Public Roads (No Business)

H-I (11)

Submitted by:
Sheila Kelly
Responsibility:
Sheila Kelly

Update on Public Consultation Draft Parking Bye Laws 2020

H-I (12)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

Winter Maintenance Plan 2020-2021

H-I (13)

Submitted by:
C AC Meeting Administrator
Responsibility:
Jason Frehill,William Purcell

Irish Rail Presentation

H-I (14)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Kevin Reilly

Local Directional Signing

Correspondence

Cor (6)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Transportation

Correspondence (No Business)

Motions

Mot (7)

Submitted by:
Councillor Eoin &#211; Broin
Responsibility:
John Coughlan

Cathaoirleach's Business

"That this Area Committee notes the third Public Consultation Period for the Bus Connects Core Bus Corridors which opened on Wednesday 4th November and agrees the following in relation to CBC 8 which runs on the New Nangor Road from Woodford Walk to Crumlin : - that instead of having a pedestrian and cycle bridge for the so called Hamburger Junction (where the New Nangor Road crosses the N7 to become the Long Mile Road) that an underpass be constructed. An underpass would not discriminate against pedestrians and cyclists in the way an overpass does by forcing users to climb. Given the industrial nature of the area where the Hamburger Junction is located this is an ideal location for Ireland's first Cycling and Pedestrian Underpass. - a cycle lane linking the Hamburger Junction and Walkinstown Avenue on the Long Mile Road also be included."

Mot (8)

Submitted by:
Councillor T. Gilligan
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

"That the Chief Executive requests the builders at Lexington to repair all the works to the way they were before hand, this is a mess at the paths at Lexington."

Mot (9)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

"That this Area Committee agrees that all the footpaths in the Old Church Estate be inspected and that work be carried out to make them safe and trip and hazard free."

Mot (10)

Submitted by:
Councillor William Joseph Carey
Responsibility:
William Purcell

"That this Committee agrees that Council Management should work with residents of Whitton Avenue and ESB to ensure the connection of public street lights and the surfacing of the temporary access road to the estate and provided, if necessary with funding for the bond deposited by the developer Greenlight, as insurance against failure of the developer to complete the works as stipulated in the grant of planning permission."

Planning

Questions

Qu (13)

Submitted by:
Councillor Eoin &#211; Broin
Responsibility:
Eoin Burke

"In light of the recent planning applications for a six storey apartment block on Watery Lane (SD20A/0234) and a ten storey hotel on the Old Naas Road (SD20A/0262), to ask the Chief Executive to state the height stipulations for these locations as laid out in the South Dublin County Development Plan (2016 - 2022) and any national directives that may also be relevant to permitted heights for new buildings at these locations."

Headed Items

H-I (15)

Submitted by:
Planning
Responsibility:
Planning

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (7)

Submitted by:
Planning
Responsibility:
Planning

Correspondence (No Business)

Motions

Mot (11)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
Fiona Redmond

"That this Area Committee asks for a full report for discussion on the planned community facility for Ballynakelly, has South Dublin County Council received any payment in lieu of this facility given the original planning agreed? We ask for a full detailed report and explanation on the community space, why it wasn't delivered and how it was allowed go from Community to Housing? Also if any money was paid? How much? and what community dividend will the community get in lieu of this originally planned community facility?

Mot (12)

Submitted by:
Councillor Peter Kavanagh
Responsibility:
Eoin Burke

"That this Area Committee calls for a report on the criteria applied to planning applications for telecommunications masts in built-up areas in the Clondalkin LEA, to address the commercial aspect of the proposed build."

Economic Development

Headed Items

H-I (16)

Submitted by:
Economic Development
Responsibility:
Economic Development

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (8)

Submitted by:
Economic Development
Responsibility:
Economic Development

Correspondence (No Business)

Libraries & Arts

Questions

Qu (14)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
Bernadette Fennell

"To ask the Chief Executive for an update on agreed Motion 61326 on Dick Humphrey that involved displays in Clondalkin Library on James Michael Christopher Fitzmaurice.  What progress has been made on this motion?"

Headed Items

H-I (17)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts

New Works (No Business)

H-I (18)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Bernadette Fennell

Library News & Events

H-I (19)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts

Application for Arts Grants (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (9)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts

Correspondence (No Business)

Motions

Mot (13)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
Bernadette Fennell

"That this Committee requests that Clondalkin Libraries invite older resdents of Clondalkin to submit their memories of Condalkin in writing or video and these are collated in order to build a record of Clondalkin's past."

Corporate Support

Headed Items

H-I (20)

Submitted by:
Corporate Support
Responsibility:
Corporate Support

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (10)

Submitted by:
Corporate Support
Responsibility:
Corporate Support

Correspondence (No Business)

Motions

Mot (14)

Submitted by:
Councillor Eoin &#211; Broin
Responsibility:
C AC Meeting Administrator

Cathaoirleach's Business

"That this Area Committee agrees to the wall around the Electricity Utility box between Numbers 57 and 63 Lealand Avenue being demolished by SDCC. It is noted that the ESB have consented to this as it was SDCC who constructed the wall in the first place some time ago and the only purpose served by the wall is aesthetic. The reason for the request for the demolition of the wall, is that it is allows access to the roof of the Utility Box, which is a gathering point for a group of youths that by their actions intimidate local residents."

Mot (15)

Submitted by:
Councillor Eoin &#211; Broin
Responsibility:
Cristina Hurson

"That this Area Committee agrees in principle to the posting of the Agenda of the monthly Clondalkin LEA in a readable, aesthetic and presentable form (such as in the attached example for October 2020) on (i) the exterior facade of the Clondalkin Civic Offices, (ii) Public Noticeboards e.g. in Rathcoole Park and Corkagh Park, and (iii) in a number of key locations throughout the ward e.g. Woodford Shops, Bawnogue Shops and Sruleen Shops. The latter may require a request to hire wall space to erect a noticeboard on exterior facades from the proprietors of said shopping complexes. It is noted that the ultimate arbitrar of this proposal is the South Dublin County Council Organisation Procedure and Finance Committee Meeting."

Performance & Change Management

Headed Items

H-I (21)

Submitted by:
Performance & Change Management
Responsibility:
Performance & Change Management

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (11)

Submitted by:
Performance & Change Management
Responsibility:
Performance & Change Management

Correspondence (No Business)

A-Z of All Services