Coucnil Banner Image

Council Meetings

24th November 2020 Virtual Lucan/Palmerston/North Clondalkin Area Committee Meeting Agenda


Date:
24/11/2020 15:00
Location:
Virtual Meeting

Headed Items

H-I (1)

Submitted by:
LAC Meeting Administration
Responsibility:
LAC Meeting Administration

Confirmation and Re-affirmation of Minutes of Meeting of October Lucan Palmerstown North Clondalkin ACM

Water & Drainage

Correspondence

Cor (1)

Submitted by:
Water & Drainage
Responsibility:
Water & Drainage

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (2)

Submitted by:
Water & Drainage
Responsibility:
Water & Drainage

New Works (No Business)

Public Realm

Questions

Qu (1)

Submitted by:
Councillor P. Gogarty
Responsibility:
David Fennell

To ask the Manager if it could be possible to make access to the apple tree in Waterstown Park more accessible as edible apples are going unpicked, to outline if there are any plans to plant more fruit trees in the vicinity; and if a statement can be made on the matter?

Qu (2)

Submitted by:
Councillor Shane Moynihan
Responsibility:
Maire Ni Dhomhnaill

To ask the Chief Executive for a revised timeline for tree planting which was due to take place in the Lucan and Palmerstown-Fonthill electoral areas earlier this year.

Qu (3)

Submitted by:
Councillor Shane Moynihan
Responsibility:
David Fennell

To ask the Chief Executive for an update on the number and location of biodiversity areas in Lucan, Palmerstown and North Clondalkin, in tabular form and by specific location.

Qu (4)

Submitted by:
Councillor G. O'Connell
Responsibility:
Suzanne Furlong

To ask the Chief Executive when can the public expect to get access to the right of way at Hermitage Clinic to the Liffey Valley and when will signposts be erected Valley and to make a statement on the situation?

Qu (5)

Submitted by:
Councillor G. O'Connell
Responsibility:
Michael McAdam

To ask  Chief Executive to provide a report on how many requests were received from community groups and/or residents in this LEA for leaf sweeping year to date

Qu (6)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
David Fennell

To ask the Chief Executive that additional bins be considered in the south end of Griffeen Park, south of Griffeen Avenue. There are zero bins there compared to 4 or 5 in the north end of. As brought to my attention by a park user you can find a bin at almost every exit, if not all. While in the south end the only bin is directly by Griffeen Avenue and then no bins at all despite multiple exits. See photo attached)

Qu (7)

Submitted by:
Councillor Joanna Tuffy
Responsibility:
David Fennell

To ask the Chief Executive that work to identify a pollinator patch at Beech Park/Beech Grove commence and that this be put forward for residents and if no objection that works are carried out when appropriate

Correspondence

Cor (2)

Submitted by:
Public Realm
Responsibility:
Public Realm

Correspondence(No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (3)

Submitted by:
Public Realm
Responsibility:
Public Realm

New Works (No Business)

H-I (4)

Submitted by:
David Fennell
Responsibility:
David Fennell

Esker Cemetery Columbarium Wall

Motions

Mot (1)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
David Fennell

This committee requests the Chief Executive provide a detailed report on the damage costs to the parks in the electoral area and a breakdown of the areas that were affected. To ask that details of stockpile materials that were collected overtime Halloween period. The members also acknowledge the hard work carried out in the run up the to Halloween holidays and post Halloween. The council park rangers in partnership with policing authority were very accommodating to residents over this period as they played a huge role in minimising damage to our amenities and open spaces.

Environment

Questions

Qu (8)

Submitted by:
Councillor P. Gogarty
Responsibility:
Brenda Shannon

To ask Chief Executive to report on actions taken and prosecutions issued following the most recent reports of mistreatment of horses at various locations within the Clonburris SDZ lands; and if a statement can be made on the matter.

Qu (9)

Submitted by:
Councillor Shane Moynihan
Responsibility:
Fiona Byrne,Michael McAdam

To ask the Chief Executive as to what investigation and mitigation measures have been taken to address noise pollution issues coming from the Fonthill Industrial estate.

Qu (10)

Submitted by:
Councillor G. O'Connell
Responsibility:
Brenda Shannon

How many (a) School Wardens, (b) Litter Wardens, (c) Park Rangers and (d) Dog Wardens are there in this LAC

Qu (11)

Submitted by:
Councillor G. O'Connell
Responsibility:
Michael McAdam

That the Chief Executive Officer provide a report into the situation of the house at address provided, which the Council investigated as far back as March 2018 and which is still uninhabited and a source of concern to the local community.

Correspondence

Cor (3)

Submitted by:
Environment
Responsibility:
Environment

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (5)

Submitted by:
Environment
Responsibility:
Environment

New Works (No Business)

Motions

Mot (2)

Submitted by:
Councillor P. Gogarty
Responsibility:
Michael McAdam

That the Chief Executive reports on progress following membersrep 1586599 to clear dumping at Kishoge (address supplied) as well as measures to deal with vermin and prevent further incidents by a minority of residents in this estate through the installation of CCTV; and if a statement can be made on the matter.

Housing

Questions

Qu (12)

Submitted by:
Councillor P. Gogarty
Responsibility:
Marguerite Staunton

To ask the Chief Executive to progress on the next phase of the Balgaddy housing development and in particular the provision of a community facility for residents?

Qu (13)

Submitted by:
Councillor P. Gogarty
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech

To ask the Manager for a further update on long delayed plans to sort out maintenance issues at address supplied and to clarify why (at time of tabling question) the resident saw some welcome works carried out but was told that further works would be done on 2nd November, so far not followed up, and to clarify what the issues are in terms of being "unable to gain access" as the resident has repeatedly requested advance notice by phone and/or email so that she can arrange to be present?

Qu (14)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Johansson
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech

To ask the Chief Executive what actions, excluding the planned maintenance programme, are being taken to address the violation by the council of article 16 of the European Social Charter, as found by the European Committee of Social Rights, for the existing residents in Balgaddy?

Qu (15)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech

This committee asks Chief Executive if the plans for the proposed travellers accommodation in the Adamstown area are available to members. Will details be available at our next SDZ quarterly update meeting.

Correspondence

Cor (4)

Submitted by:
Housing
Responsibility:
Housing

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (6)

Submitted by:
Housing
Responsibility:
Housing

New Works (No Business)

H-I (7)

Submitted by:
Marguerite Staunton
Responsibility:
Marguerite Staunton

Proposed Part 8 for Older Persons Housing at St. Ronan’s Crescent

Community

Correspondence

Cor (5)

Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
Community

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (8)

Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
Community

New Works (No Business)

H-I (9)

Submitted by:
Brian Carroll
Responsibility:
Brian Hora

Deputations for Noting (No Business)

Motions

Mot (3)

Submitted by:
Councillor Shane Moynihan
Responsibility:
Brian Hora

That this Area Committee facilitate a virtual workshop/series of workshops with representatives of student councils in the Lucan and Palmerstown-Fonthill electoral area to discuss matters which students in those schools which to focus on.

Transportation

Questions

Qu (16)

Submitted by:
Councillor P. Gogarty
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

To ask the Chief Executive for an update on the delay in fixing the wall bounding the Italian-owned lands opposite the Maxol garage in Lucan.

Qu (17)

Submitted by:
Councillor P. Gogarty
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

To ask the Chief Executive if further works can be carried out along the footpath and wall area at the hill leading from Lucan Heights down past St Joseph's College so as to reroute the water flowing out onto the footpath before frosts make this a hazard again in the near future; and if a statement can be made on the matter.

Qu (18)

Submitted by:
Councillor Shane Moynihan
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

To ask the Chief Executive for the planned completion date of the repair of ramps on the Collinstown Road, adjacent to Collinstown Park Sports Complex and beside Collinstown Park.

Qu (19)

Submitted by:
Councillor Shane Moynihan
Responsibility:
Caitriona Lambert

To ask the Chief Executive for an estimated timeline for the beginning of the Neilstown Shopping Centre District Enhancement Programme.

Qu (20)

Submitted by:
Councillor E. O'Brien
Responsibility:
Caitriona Lambert

To ask the Manager to provide an update on the agreed removal of the telephone boxes from Lucan village.

Qu (21)

Submitted by:
Councillor G. O'Connell
Responsibility:
John Coughlan

To ask the Chief Executive to explain the cycleway policy. The new emphasis on giving priority to pedestrians and cyclists (and public transport) is to be welcomed but its not clear how it is to be achieved in practice. When installing the (recent) cycleway between Palmerstown and Chapelizod, there was much concern when a 'Shared' system was introduced where the traditional road markings designating the pedestrian and cycle lanes were absent. Now it does appear that both are again separated and often often further separated from motorised traffic by a line of bollards. Retrofitting some residential areas in this fashion is causing serious concern for many people. Which is it to be segregated or shared or a mixture?

Qu (22)

Submitted by:
Councillor Joanna Tuffy
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

To ask the Chief Executive Officer for an update on the repair and conservation of the boundary wall at the Lucan Road and the Italian Ambassador's Residence..

Correspondence

Cor (6)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Transportation

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (10)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Transportation

New Works (No Business)

H-I (11)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
William Purcell

Proposed Declaration of Roads to be Public Roads (No Business)

H-I (12)

Submitted by:
Kevin Reilly
Responsibility:
Kevin Reilly

LOCAL DIRECTIONAL SIGNING

H-I (13)

Submitted by:
Tony O Grady
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

Winter Maintenance Plan

H-I (14)

Submitted by:
Mary Maguire,Sheila Kelly
Responsibility:
Mary Maguire,Sheila Kelly

Update on the Public Consultation on Draft Parking Bye Laws (LPNC) 2020

Motions

Mot (4)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
Ally Menary,William Purcell

That the Chief Executive at the request of this committee introduce new safety measures in the immediate future outside the two schools in Lucan village. The triangle car park adjacent to St Josephs College and Scoil Mhuire GNS has number of safety issues (see photos attached) which are resulting in putting others in a dangerous position.

Planning

Questions

Qu (23)

Submitted by:
Councillor Shane Moynihan
Responsibility:
Rosaleen Dwyer

To ask the Chief Executive as to what initiatives or projects are being planned to realise the potential of Palmerstown Village as a heritage village, home to various sites of historical and natural significance.

Qu (24)

Submitted by:
Councillor Shane Moynihan
Responsibility:
Eoin Burke

To ask the Chief Executive as to what pre-planning consultation or contact took place with the planning department pertaining to the proposed development at the old Foxhunter site in Lucan and if he will make a statement on the matter.

Qu (25)

Submitted by:
Councillor Joanna Tuffy
Responsibility:
Eoin Burke,John Coughlan

To ask the Manager to give an update on the plans for a park and ride off the N4. There were plans that were turned down by An Bord Pleanala. Has there been any further consideration of the possibility of such a facility and is there any funding the Council can apply for such?

Qu (26)

Submitted by:
Councillor Joanna Tuffy
Responsibility:
Eoin Burke,Irenie McLoughlin

That the Chief Executive Officer list all funding made available in the current Council term to listed or protected buildings by the Council in the Lucan Electoral Area under any grant schemes for conservation or heritage and if he will make a statement on the matter

Correspondence

Cor (7)

Submitted by:
Planning
Responsibility:
Planning

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (15)

Submitted by:
Planning
Responsibility:
Planning

New Works (No Business)

Motions

Mot (5)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
Jason Frehill

That this Committee require that the Chief Executive agrees to the use of drone footage for the purpose of recoding major developments starting with the Adamstown SDZ to allow members of the public the opportunity to see progress and to be informed of the development to date and highlighting particular pieces of infrastructure and amenities. This could then be used for future projects in the county.

Mot (6)

Submitted by:
Councillor G. O'Connell
Responsibility:
Chris Shanahan,Eoin Burke

This committee asks that the Chief Executive, -given the huge existing traffic issues in the Palmerstown area, especially Upper and lower Kennelsfort Road the Village area and the R148 Junction, all of which will be seriously impacted by the recent permission granted by An Bord Planala ref APB - 307092 -20 for the former VLByrne site, which South Dublin County Council supported; report on what financial contribution will be made towards upgrading of the roads infrastructure and what is the timescale for the works.

 

Motion Falls

Mot (7)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
Hazel Craigie

That the Chief Executive provide a map for the Lucan area outlining the schools (both current and proposed) this will allow for a visual layout of the schools and a discussion. Given there is a demand for post primary school places in the area, the members agree to write to Minister for Education and Skills requesting that a review of schools in the area is carried out

Economic Development

Questions

Qu (27)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Johansson
Responsibility:
Thomas Rooney

To ask the Chief Executive what actions have been taken by the council in relation to a potential heritage centre/area at Shackleton mills in Lucan Village and if there has been any communication with Fingal County Council about this site?

Qu (28)

Submitted by:
Councillor Joanna Tuffy
Responsibility:
Laura Leonard

To ask that the Chief Executive gives an update on the Grand Canal Greenway Cycle Route in South Dublin County Council's remit Grand Canal Greenway , 12th Lock to Hazelhatch Bridge.  Also, the upkeep of the section concerned in the meantime and cycle paths around Grange Castle and the Newcastle Road to Lucan

Correspondence

Cor (8)

Submitted by:
Economic Development
Responsibility:
Economic Development

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (16)

Submitted by:
Economic Development
Responsibility:
Economic Development

New Works (No Business)

Motions

Mot (8)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Johansson
Responsibility:
Laura Leonard

That this Committee request that the Chief Executive produce a report on the Grand Canal Greenway 12th Lock to Hazelhatch, to include the next steps for this project, and that this Committee agrees to write to the NTA to express our support for this project and request that funding is provided to complete it.

Mot (9)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
Laura Leonard

St. Edmundsbury lands/amenities in the village have become a popular spot amongst many people over the last number of months. Residents have enjoyed the walks, trails in the woodlands and along the river Liffey. It is known locally that there is a “right of way” access, however since it popularity the question of the “right of way” has been asked. This committee asks the Chief Executive to provide a detailed map of the land and outline the sections that form part of this “public right of way, to confirm that this is in our current County Development and make comment on it.

Mot (10)

Submitted by:
Councillor G. O'Connell
Responsibility:
Thomas Rooney

This Committee asks the Chief Executive if Council staff could approach the Owner/Tenants in the section of Cherry Orchard Ind Estate not yet taken in charge with a view to addressing any outstanding issues so that the Estate can be brought to and maintained at a satisfactory standard.

Motion Falls

Libraries & Arts

Questions

Qu (29)

Submitted by:
Councillor P. Gogarty
Responsibility:
Bernadette Fennell

To ask the Manager for an update on the activities within the Digital Hub in Palmerstown, to outline the challenges caused by the ongoing Covid crisis and to examine creative ways of utilising the space over the coming 12 months given the issues that we will continue to face even with vaccine trials advancing and affordable testing kits more likely in the coming months?

Qu (30)

Submitted by:
Councillor Shane Moynihan
Responsibility:
Bernadette Fennell

To ask the Chief Executive for a proposed new opening date for the North Clondalkin Library, if Level 5 restrictions are not extended.

Qu (31)

Submitted by:
Councillor Shane Moynihan
Responsibility:
Orla Scannell

To ask the Chief Executive as to what support is being made available to Arts groups and projects during the period of COVID restrictions.

Correspondence

Cor (9)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (17)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts

NEW WORKS (No Business)

H-I (18)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Bernadette Fennell

Library News & Events

H-I (19)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Orla Scannell

Application for Arts Grants (No Business)

Corporate Support

Questions

Qu (32)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
LAC Meeting Administration

To ask the Chief Executive to confirm how many replies remain outstanding in regards to letters written to various Departments/Agencies etc to date. (Such as the HGV letter to An Garda Siochana, M50 exit 8 to NTA)

Correspondence

Cor (10)

Submitted by:
Corporate Support
Responsibility:
Corporate Support

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (20)

Submitted by:
Corporate Support
Responsibility:
Corporate Support

New Works (No Business)

Motions

Mot (11)

Submitted by:
Councillor Alan Hayes,Councillor G. O'Connell,Councillor Joanna Tuffy,Councillor P. Gogarty
Responsibility:
LAC Meeting Administration

That the chief executive write to the National Transport Authority requesting the removal of the proposed Bus Connects route 80 from entering Palmerstown Village as the area is adequately with bus stops on the R148. This committee asserts that diverting a bus through Palmerstown Village is unnecessary, against the wishes of the community and poses an increased risk to pedestrians and cyclists especially considering the introduction of a two way dedicated cycle lane on the same road.

Performance & Change Management

Correspondence

Cor (11)

Submitted by:
Performance & Change Management
Responsibility:
Performance & Change Management

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (21)

Submitted by:
Performance & Change Management
Responsibility:
Performance & Change Management

New Works (No Business)

A-Z of All Services