Coucnil Banner Image

Council Meetings

17th December 2020 Tallaght Area Committee Meeting Agenda


Date:
17/12/2020 15:00
Location:
Virtual Meeting
Standing Orders:
View

Headed Items

H-I (1)

Submitted by:
Housing Administration
Responsibility:
Housing Administration

Minutes from Tallaght Area Committee Meeting 23rd November,2020.

Community

Questions

Qu (1)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
Brian Hora

"To ask the Chief Executive to confirm plans for the provision of Astro Pitches in the Tallaght area; will he give details of any sites identified and state plans for consultation in the matter and will he make a statement?"

Qu (2)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
Brian Hora

"To ask the Chief Executive to detail contacts he has had in recent times with the Community Centres in the Tallaght area offering advice in respect of dealing with the restrictions which led to the closure of the Centres and will he present an update?"

Headed Items

H-I (2)

Submitted by:
Brian Carroll
Responsibility:
Brian Hora

Deputations for Noting

H-I (3)

Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
Community

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (1)

Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
Community

Correspondence (No Business)

Housing

Questions

Qu (3)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Duff
Responsibility:
Marguerite Staunton

"Could the Chief Executive give this Committee an update on the proposed starting date for the construction of the Older Persons units on the site of the Council Depot, beside Sean Walsh Park."

Qu (4)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech

"To ask the Chief Executive to update members on further contacts with Fettercairn Estate Management Group who remain active in these difficult times and will he make a statement?"

Headed Items

H-I (4)

Submitted by:
Housing
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech

Anti-Social Quarterly Statistics 2020

H-I (5)

Submitted by:
Housing
Responsibility:
Neil Hanly

Allocations Report

H-I (6)

Submitted by:
Housing
Responsibility:
Housing

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (2)

Submitted by:
Housing
Responsibility:
Housing

Correspondence (No Business)

Planning

Questions

Qu (5)

Submitted by:
Councillor K. Mahon
Responsibility:
Eoin Burke

"Can the Chief Executive report on the planning process for the installation of a telecommunications mast at Kingswood Tennis courts and comment on the related public consultation process?"

Qu (6)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
Jason Frehill

"To ask the Chief Executive to confirm his commitment to respond to the long time campaign to provide a Heritage Centre in Tallaght; will he further respond to the view held by many in the Tallaght community that the Katherine Tynan Site in Kingswood Heights presents a potential location: will he understand the anxiety of the Tallaght community that this important matter be progressed and will he make a statement?"

Headed Items

H-I (7)

Submitted by:
Planning
Responsibility:
Planning

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (3)

Submitted by:
Planning
Responsibility:
Planning

Correspondence (No Business)

Motions

Mot (1)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Duff
Responsibility:
Eoin Burke

That this Area Committee calls on the Chief Executive to present a detailed report to the members of this Committee regarding the granting of a Licence under Application Ref S25419/06 to Cignal Ltd for a Telecommunications Mast and support box on Council owned lands at Sylvan Drive, Kingswood. The Committee also calls on the Chief Executive to explain why a briefing on the purpose and rationale behind this application about this local, highly contested structure, was not presented to members of the Tallaght Area Committee, as a matter of courtesy, in advance of the Granting Decision, to inform the Elected Members. Would the Chief Executive also explain why this application does not appear on the Weekly Lists for either the 09/08/2019 0r 16/08/2019 as the Application is dated the 07/08/2019.

Mot (2)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
Eoin Burke

That this Area Committee calls on the Chief Executive to present a detailed report to the members of this Committee regarding the granting of a Licence under Application Ref S25419/06 to Cignal Ltd for a Telecommunications Mast and support box on Council owned lands at Sylvan Drive, Kingswood. The Committee also calls on the Chief Executive to explain why a briefing on the purpose and rationale behind this application about this local, highly contested structure, was not presented to members of the Tallaght Area Committee, as a matter of courtesy, in advance of the Granting Decision, to inform the Elected Members. Would the Chief Executive also explain why this application does not appear on the Weekly Lists for either the 09/08/2019 0r 16/08/2019 as the Application is dated the 07/08/2019.

Mot (3)

Submitted by:
Councillor T. Costello
Responsibility:
Eoin Burke

To ask the Chief Executive to discuss the inclusion of a mast in Kingswood Area and give details of exact product specifications details of this mast and clarify exactly what function it carries out.

Transportation

Headed Items

H-I (8)

Submitted by:
William Purcell
Responsibility:
Sheila Nolan,William Purcell

Declaration Of Roads to be Public Roads - Carrigmore Estate Saggart

Questions

Qu (7)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Duff
Responsibility:
William Purcell

"Could the Chief Executive inform this Committee if there are any plans to carry out a Road Safety survey on Kiltipper Road, with emphasis on the urgent need for Pedestrian lights on the road, where the footpath ends on the Tallaght Central side of the road, towards Marlfield,and is there any intention of installing an extention of the existing footpath to address residents concerns for safety"

Qu (8)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Duff
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

"In view of the installation of new LED lights at the new Castletymon Library, can the Chief Executive inform this Committee as to when it is planned to extend the LED lighting into the wider Castletymon area?"

Qu (9)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

"To ask the Chief Executive"to list estates where his Public Lighting department proposes the provision of LED lighting in 2021 and will he also remind members where such provision has already been made?"

Headed Items

H-I (9)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Transportation

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (4)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Transportation

Correspondence (No Business)

Motions

Mot (4)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. Dunne
Responsibility:
William Purcell

This Area Committee calls on the Chief Executive to install traffic calming measures such as a high reinstated roundabout or an island on Kiltalown Road, at the cross road between Kiltalown Road/Kiltalown Cresent/Kiltalown Path as a matter of urgency as this is a hotspot for stolen cars.

Libraries & Arts

Questions

Qu (10)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
Bernadette Fennell

"To ask the Chief Executive to confirm when he now expects the new Castletymon Library to open to the public and will he update the meeting on the current status of the development and make a statement?"

Headed Items

H-I (10)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Bernadette Fennell,Libraries & Arts

Application for Arts Grants

H-I (11)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Bernadette Fennell,Libraries & Arts

Library News & Events

H-I (12)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts

NEW WORKS (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (5)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts

Correspondence (No Business)

Economic Development

Correspondence

Cor (6)

Submitted by:
Economic Development
Responsibility:
Economic Development

Correspondence (No Business)

Performance & Change Management

Headed Items

H-I (13)

Submitted by:
Performance & Change Management
Responsibility:
Performance & Change Management

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (7)

Submitted by:
Performance & Change Management
Responsibility:
Performance & Change Management

Correspondence (No Business)

Corporate Support

Questions

Qu (11)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
Cristina Hurson

"To ask the Chief Executive if any contacts are being maintained with any of the twinning partners the Council had established in the past?"

Headed Items

H-I (14)

Submitted by:
Corporate Support
Responsibility:
Corporate Support

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (8)

Submitted by:
Corporate Support
Responsibility:
Corporate Support

Correspondence (No Business)

Public Realm

Questions

Qu (12)

Submitted by:
Councillor K. Mahon
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

"Can the Chief Executive comment on correspondence from the representatives at Scoil Santain Homelawns/ Bolbrook which thanked the Council for the excellent clean up work in the area around the school and also recommended some further support and works for the area?"

Qu (13)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

"To ask the Chief Executive to detail plans he has to action proposals recently presented to him from Scoil Santáin on Avonmore Road and will he present a statement?"

Qu (14)

Submitted by:
Councillor Baby Pereppadan
Responsibility:
Maire Ni Dhomhnaill

"To ask the Chief Executive when the tree at 18 Corbally Avenue can be cut down. The tree is highly unstable and unsafe for the residents who are living nearby in fear. It could potentially fall into residential property at any time. It now sways vigorously on a windy day and its roots are no longer grounded firmly to the soil. I have been highlighting this issue over and over on the members-net platform over the last year and a half. Despite promising responses from the council(Members Rep ID: 1564657), the tree has still not been cut down. It would be great if the tree could be removed at the earliest. I have attached a photo of the tree from three months back as well"

Headed Items

H-I (15)

Submitted by:
Public Realm
Responsibility:
Public Realm

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (9)

Submitted by:
Public Realm
Responsibility:
Public Realm

Correspondence(No Business)

Motions

Mot (5)

Submitted by:
Councillor T. Costello
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

"To ask the Chief Executive, regarding the Dodder Park can the proposed date of late 2021 for the reinstatement of the tarmac path to connect the pedestrian entrance on the Old Bawn Road to the pavilion and onto Seskin Estate be completed in a quicker timeframe?"

Environment

Headed Items

H-I (16)

Submitted by:
Environment
Responsibility:
Environment

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (10)

Submitted by:
Environment
Responsibility:
Environment

Correspondence (No Business)

Water & Drainage

Headed Items

H-I (17)

Submitted by:
Water & Drainage
Responsibility:
Water & Drainage

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (11)

Submitted by:
Water & Drainage
Responsibility:
Water & Drainage

Correspondence (No Business)

A-Z of All Services