Coucnil Banner Image

Council Meetings

18th December 2020 Virtual Lucan/Palmerston/North Clondalkin Area Committee Meeting Agenda


Date:
18/12/2020 15:00
Location:
Virtual Meeting

PLEASE NOTE An invitation will be issued to Councillors in the coming days for a presentation from Irish Rail - DART+ Southwest, the electrification on the route from Heuston to Hazelhatch. This Briefing will be at 2pm for approximately 45 minutes.<br /><br />ACM will commence at the normal time of 3pm

Headed Items

H-I (1)

Submitted by:
LAC Meeting Administration
Responsibility:
LAC Meeting Administration

Confirmation and Re-affirmation of Minutes of Meeting of November 2020

Community

Questions

Qu (1)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
Brian Hora

To ask Chief Executive if Esker Boxing club is been considered as a tenant in the newly refurbished Lucan centre as part of the overall Lucan swimming pool design.

Correspondence

Cor (1)

Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
Community

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (2)

Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
Community

New Works (No Business)

H-I (3)

Submitted by:
Brian Carroll
Responsibility:
Brian Hora

Deputations for Noting (No Business)

Motions

Mot (1)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Johansson
Responsibility:
Brian Hora

That the Chief Executive update the Area Committee on plans for the old Lucan Leisure Centre following the opening of the new swimming pool, and that this committee re-iterate our support for the Esker Boxing Club's proposal for using the centre.

Mot (2)

Submitted by:
Councillor Shane Moynihan
Responsibility:
Brian Hora

That this Area Committee calls for a full report on the activities of Comhairle na nÓg with schools in the Lucan, Palmerstown & North Clondalkin areas to be brought to the next Area Committee meeting as a headed item.

Housing

Questions

Qu (2)

Submitted by:
Councillor Shane Moynihan
Responsibility:
Neil Hanly

To ask the Chief Executive for the number of persons on the housing list for Lucan & Palmerstown-Fonthill, in tabular form, according to the desired property size and whether they have medical priority.

Correspondence

Cor (2)

Submitted by:
Housing
Responsibility:
Housing

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (4)

Submitted by:
Housing
Responsibility:
Housing

New Works (No Business)

H-I (5)

Submitted by:
Neil Hanly
Responsibility:
Neil Hanly

Allocations report for Q3 2020

Motions

Mot (3)

Submitted by:
Councillor Shane Moynihan
Responsibility:
Marguerite Staunton

That this Area Committee calls for a structured consultation and proactive communication with residents of North Clondalkin about the proposed step down housing proposed for older people at St Ronan's to ensure that their views are taken on board

Planning

Questions

Qu (3)

Submitted by:
Councillor P. Gogarty
Responsibility:
Jason Frehill

To ask the Manager for an update on progress within the Adamstown SDZ, including maps, in a format that can be easily circulated to residents if requested?

Qu (4)

Submitted by:
Councillor Alan Hayes
Responsibility:
Eoin Burke,Irenie McLoughlin

To ask the Chief Executive for a detailed update on works completed and planned at the old King John's Bridge at Esker in Lucan.

Qu (5)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Johansson
Responsibility:
Eoin Burke

To ask the Chief Executive to provide an update on planning enforcement in relation to Larkfield House, Coldcut Rd?

Qu (6)

Submitted by:
Councillor Joanna Tuffy
Responsibility:
Eoin Burke

To ask the Chief Executive Officer for an update on the planning permission and recently commenced construction of a new privately owned cemetery at Esker Road and the planning conditions regarding construction traffic, protection of wildlife and the development of a green route by the Cemetery to Vesey park and if he will make a statement on the matter.

Qu (7)

Submitted by:
Councillor Joanna Tuffy
Responsibility:
Eoin Burke,Irenie McLoughlin

To ask the Chief Executive Officer for an list of all protected/conserved structures in the Lucan Electoral Area and which are in private and which are in public ownership

Correspondence

Cor (3)

Submitted by:
Planning
Responsibility:
Planning

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (6)

Submitted by:
Planning
Responsibility:
Planning

New Works (No Business)

Motions

Mot (4)

Submitted by:
Councillor Alan Hayes
Responsibility:
Eoin Burke,Irenie McLoughlin

That the Chief Executive write to, and acknowledge, the contribution of the Society for Old Lucan to the preservation and promotion of heritage in the Lucan area and in so doing, that he reaffirm this Councils commitment to support local Heritage. Of particular merit to the group is their ongoing work to ensure the conservation of the ancient St.Finan's church at Esker and the preservation of the King John's Bridge.

Moved Without Debate

Mot (5)

Submitted by:
Councillor P. Gogarty
Responsibility:
Eoin Burke

That the Council not enforce the opening of a walkway between Adamstown SDZ lands and Hillcrest Grove as a condition of planning permission due to antisocial and safety issues and the route not being of strategic value, to look at viable alternatives suggested by residents; and if a statement can be made on the matter.

Mot (6)

Submitted by:
Councillor G. O'Connell
Responsibility:
Chris Shanahan,Mary Maguire

This committee asks that the Chief Executive, -given the huge existing traffic issues in the Palmerstown area, especially Upper and lower Kennelsfort Road the Village area and the R148 Junction, all of which will be seriously impacted by the recent permission granted by An Bord Planala ref APB - 307092 -20 for the former VLByrne site, which South Dublin County Council supported; report on what financial contribution (over and above the normal development levies) will be made specifically towards upgrading of the roads infrastructure and what is the timescale for the works and that a discussion take place.

Transportation

Questions

Qu (8)

Submitted by:
Councillor Shane Moynihan
Responsibility:
William Purcell

That the Chief Executive would outline the process of how an integrated traffic management plan for Palmerstown can be designed and what is necessary to start such a process to design a plan which will alleviate many of the traffic issues identified by residents in Palmerstown.

Qu (9)

Submitted by:
Councillor Joanna Tuffy
Responsibility:
William Purcell

To ask for an update on requirements of the developer of Shackleton to provide traffic calming

Correspondence

Cor (4)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Transportation

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (7)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Transportation

New Works (No Business)

H-I (8)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
William Purcell

Proposed Declaration of Roads to be Public Roads (No Business)

Motions

Mot (7)

Submitted by:
Councillor Shane Moynihan
Responsibility:
William Purcell

That this Area Committee calls for the Taking-in-Charge of the lands at the bottom of Foxborough Avenue, bordering the R136 and the lands at Foxborough Downes, bordering the R136 adjacent to 38 Foxborough Downes.

Mot (8)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
William Purcell

This Committee requests that Chief Executive examines the T junction at Esker Glebe/Manor/Road with a view to placing a roundabout on it. an example of the challenges can be seen in the detailed request received below. "I drive this route regularly and have had a few close calls at this T-junction and was wondering if SDCC would consider changing it to a roundabout which in my opinion would be much safer. It's just around the corner from the new swimming pool and while turning into the junction is easy, coming out of it from a stopped position is dangerous at the best of times. The road to the left rises and the road to the right hides oncoming traffic behind a wall. I have to check both directions twice before pulling out and have impatient drivers behind forcing their way past me turning left and blocking my view that way during busy periods. We have more than sufficient roundabouts where they aren't really needed in Lucan but this is one place where I wish I only had to look in one direction and not swivel my heads 270 degrees checking both and the oncoming entrance to an estate also. If there are road improvement suggestions to be made, perhaps this one could be considered before the Lucan Swimming Pool opens as the traffic flow to and from this new facility might give rise to an unfortunate increase in accidents at this junction? "

Mot (9)

Submitted by:
Councillor P. Gogarty
Responsibility:
Caitriona Lambert,William Purcell

That the Chief Executive outlines all the roads not yet taken in charge within this Area Committee geographical area, including areas where houses are occupied, but the lights are not switched on and to indicate for each area whether the responsibility lies with the developer or the local authority for same.

Mot (10)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
William Purcell

This committee request the Chief Executive to revisit the requests made to introduce a pedestrian crossing on the celbridge road in Lucan Village (by Lucan Demense) as it's been raised a number of time's to date. There is no pedestrian crossing at this location

Libraries & Arts

Correspondence

Cor (5)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (9)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts

NEW WORKS (No Business)

H-I (10)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Bernadette Fennell

Library News & Events

H-I (11)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Orla Scannell

Application for Arts Grants (No Business)

Economic Development

Questions

Qu (10)

Submitted by:
Councillor Joanna Tuffy
Responsibility:
Thomas Rooney

To ask for a report on any funding given by the Local Enterprise Office to businesses in the Lucan Electoral Area who were impacted by the Covid 19 restrictions

Correspondence

Cor (6)

Submitted by:
Economic Development
Responsibility:
Economic Development

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (12)

Submitted by:
Economic Development
Responsibility:
Economic Development

New Works (No Business)

Motions

Mot (11)

Submitted by:
Councillor Shane Moynihan
Responsibility:
Des English

That this Area Committee commends the Council on the excellent restoration work being done on Grange Castle, and asks the Council to outline their plans for the structure.

Mot (12)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
Brian Martin

To request that the Chief Executive to advise this committee on the latest status regarding Griffeen Community College and sale of land for their permanent site. To include details of size, location and any additional amenities such as outdoor facilities etc. If management could make a statement on the matter.

Mot (13)

Submitted by:
Councillor G. O'Connell
Responsibility:
Thomas Rooney

That this committee calls on the Chief Executive to act on the findings of the Feasibility Study into the Silver Bridge and that he bring forward a strategic plan for not only safeguarding the Bridge but for the full restoration and that as a first step this Council purchase the land within this County that provides access to the Bridge and further, that an application be made under Tourism for National Funds for the works.

Moved without Debate

Performance & Change Management

Correspondence

Cor (7)

Submitted by:
Performance & Change Management
Responsibility:
Performance & Change Management

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (13)

Submitted by:
Performance & Change Management
Responsibility:
Performance & Change Management

New Works (No Business)

Corporate Support

Correspondence

Cor (8)

Submitted by:
Corporate Support
Responsibility:
Corporate Support

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (14)

Submitted by:
Corporate Support
Responsibility:
Corporate Support

New Works (No Business)

Motions

Mot (14)

Submitted by:
Councillor Alan Hayes
Responsibility:
Sheila Kelly

That the Chief Executive write to the Glasnevin Trust to request the overnight closure of the pedestrian gate into Palmerstown Cemetery to help prevent anti social activity that is occuring in the vicinity of the adjacent apartments.

Mot (15)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
Sheila Kelly

This committee agrees to send another message/letter to the NTA in relation to its proposals to reduce the lane on the Woodies Bridge, turning right west bound . The new plans while not removing the right turn as previously planned has resulted in these new drawings whereby a single lane is proposed and giving motorists a 'diamond' shape in the middle of the road. This new proposal is an insult to the 2017 public consultation process that took place which received Appx 200-+ submissions.

Public Realm

Questions

Qu (11)

Submitted by:
Councillor P. Gogarty
Responsibility:
Sean Redmond

To ask the Chief Executive why the grass area near the ball wall in Lucan still has not been flattened and made good as promised, given that irrespective of it not being listed as a dedicated area for AGP FC nursery kids, it was being used regularly and constructively by the club and many in the community, but it is no use to anyone in its current condition?

Qu (12)

Submitted by:
Councillor Shane Moynihan
Responsibility:
David Fennell

To ask the Chief Executive as to what cleanup activities are planned for the Northern part of Ballyowen Lane Park, and if it could be seen as a potential location for a biodiversity garden.

Qu (13)

Submitted by:
Councillor Shane Moynihan
Responsibility:
David Fennell

That the Area Committee calls for the removal and pruning of the large areas of vegetation outside Abbeywood estate, similar to works done at the entrance of Abbeydale estate some years ago.

Qu (14)

Submitted by:
Councillor G. O'Connell
Responsibility:
Maire Ni Dhomhnaill

To ask the Chief Executive when will the trees on Wheatfield Road (reported by this Councillor) that are interfering with telephone wires be pruned?

Qu (15)

Submitted by:
Councillor G. O'Connell
Responsibility:
David Fennell

To ask the Chief Executive if, given the numbers of people now using Glenaulin Park/Gaels Field, (additional) seats can be provided at a number of strategic locations.

Qu (16)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
Maire Ni Dhomhnaill

While its acknowledge that we have a current tree programme in place and we receive regular updates, could the Chief Executive provide a report on the tress that have been categorise as "urgent" and or "dangerous" by individuals and then separately by council officials for the Lucan area.

Qu (17)

Submitted by:
Councillor Joanna Tuffy
Responsibility:
Suzanne Furlong

To ask for an update about the teenspaces planned for Lucan and in particular what is envisaged re the Esker Park teenspace and when is it expected the Lucan teenspaces will be opening

Qu (18)

Submitted by:
Councillor Joanna Tuffy
Responsibility:
David Fennell

To ask the Chief Exeuctive Officer if the lighting at the Skate Park at Griffeen Valley Park can be turned on earlier than the current time of 7pm

Correspondence

Cor (9)

Submitted by:
Public Realm
Responsibility:
Public Realm

Correspondence(No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (15)

Submitted by:
Public Realm
Responsibility:
Public Realm

New Works (No Business)

Motions

Mot (16)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
Suzanne Furlong

To ask the Chief Executive for an update on the Lucan United new all weather pith facility, including timelines and any engagement with relevant stakeholders. To also ask if SDCC will explore possibilities of creating a new entrance from TUBBER lane into the pitch, considering there plans to upgrade the road at this location

Mot (17)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Johansson
Responsibility:
David Fennell

That the Chief Executive arrange to upgrade the tarmac and, if possible, widen the path in Mill Lane in Palmerstown. The path is used by the successful, and recently registered with Athletics Ireland, running club LOVE2RUN, as well as users from Stewarts Hospital, and is in need of repair.

Mot (18)

Submitted by:
Councillor P. Gogarty
Responsibility:
David Fennell

That the Chief Executive repairs and widens the circular footpath of the pitch area and park in Mill Lane, given its increasing popularity as a walking and running location beside the Liffey as this would not just assist the new Love2Run athletics club and pitch user Palmerstown FC, but would also facilitate families and Stewarts Services clients to use this lovely amenity in a socially distanced way; and if a statement can be made on the matter.

Environment

Correspondence

Cor (10)

Submitted by:
Environment
Responsibility:
Environment

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (16)

Submitted by:
Environment
Responsibility:
Environment

New Works (No Business)

Water & Drainage

Correspondence

Cor (11)

Submitted by:
Water & Drainage
Responsibility:
Water & Drainage

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (17)

Submitted by:
Water & Drainage
Responsibility:
Water & Drainage

New Works (No Business)

A-Z of All Services