Coucnil Banner Image

Council Meetings

25th January 2021 Tallaght Area Committee Meeting Agenda


Date:
25/01/2021 15:00
Location:
Virtual Meeting
Standing Orders:
View

Traffic Management Meeting 2:15 to 3pm

Headed Items

H-I (1)

Submitted by:
Housing Administration
Responsibility:
Housing Administration

Minutes from Tallaght Area Committee Meeting 17th December, 2020.

Transportation

Questions

Qu (1)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Duff
Responsibility:
William Purcell

"In light of the recent announcement of the South Dublin County LCDC, Community Enhancement Funding 2020 and the awarding of €1000 to a local Community Charity for four heritage, iron signs, for Tallaght Village, can the Chief Executive advise this Committee if these signs will meet the requirements of the SDCC Directional Sign Strategy and will they conform to the standard signage for the nine Villages of the County, as indicated in the DSS presentation and will Planning Permission be required by the Community Charity to erect these proposed signs? Can the Manager also make a statement as to why South Dublin County Council are not erecting Heritage signage, where required, in Tallaght Village or to indicate if there are plans in place to do so."

Headed Items

H-I (2)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Transportation

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (1)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Transportation

Correspondence (No Business)

Motions

Mot (1)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. Dunne
Responsibility:
William Purcell

"This Area Committee calls on the Chief Executive to install traffic calming measures such as a high reinstated roundabout or an island on Kiltalown Road, at the cross road between Kiltalown Road/Kiltalown Cresent/Kiltalown Path as a matter of urgency as this is a hotspot for stolen cars."

Mot (2)

Submitted by:
Councillor Liam Sinclair
Responsibility:
Mary Maguire

"That a car parking space in Tallaght Village, ideally on or near Main St, is given over to cycle parking (such as those seen in Templeogue etc)."

Mot (3)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. Dunne
Responsibility:
William Purcell

"This Area Committee calls on the Chief Executive to install ramps on Bawnlea Avenue that is being used as a hot spot for stolen cars."

Planning

Questions

Qu (2)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. Dunne
Responsibility:
Jason Frehill

"CSO 2019 figures state that there are 57.630 HAP households across the state. With Tallaght Central being in the top five Electoral Areas having the highest percentage of HAP properties. The National Planning Framework requires local authorities to deliver 50% of all new homes in infills and brown field sites & with the current statistics in mind, I am asking the Chief Executive has a detailed study been carried out on how many of these future developments within the Tallaght Area are predicted to be build to rent? How will this impact on existing communities, Transport, Economic Development, infrastructure & Transport? How this will impact on the Council's vision to create sustainable communities?"

Qu (3)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
Caitriona Lambert

"To ask the Chief Executive to confirm plans for Tallaght Village under the Village Enhancement Scheme and will he make a statement"

Qu (4)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
Eoin Burke

"To ask the Chief Executive to confirm actions being taken in respect of the mast at Sylvain Drive which was the subject of business at the December meeting of our committee will he detail contacts he has made in the matter and will he make a statement"

Headed Items

H-I (3)

Submitted by:
Jim Johnston
Responsibility:
Jim Johnston

Strategic Housing Development Stage 3, Lands at Cooldown Commons and Fortunestown, Citywest.

H-I (4)

Submitted by:
Planning
Responsibility:
Planning

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (2)

Submitted by:
Planning
Responsibility:
Planning

Correspondence (No Business)

Motions

Mot (4)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Duff
Responsibility:
Mary Maguire

"This Area Committee, in recognition of the many years of Voluntary service in the Community and on SPCs, calls for the pedestrian and cycle bridge over the Dodder that links Bawnville and Kilininny to be named the Jim Lawlor Bridge. This motion is presented with the full support of Jim's family and local community activists. If this motion is accepted by the TAC members, can it be forwarded to the Mayor, for him to bring it to the attention of the Infrastructure Naming Committee, without delay."

Mot (5)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Duff
Responsibility:
Eoin Burke

"This area committee calls upon the Chief Executive to apply for funds from the Built Heritage Investment Scheme 2021 or the Historic Structures Fund 2021 for the restoration of Tynan's Cross which is at the junction of the Belgard Road and Ballymount Road. The structure badly needs restoration, as the writing on the Cross is badly faded and is now almost illegible."

Economic Development

Questions

Qu (5)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. Dunne
Responsibility:
Thomas Rooney

"To ask the Chief Executive, in respect of Employment within the Employment/Mixed Use Growth area of Cookstown, how many jobs will be retained and what are the predictions for Economic Growth in this area under the context of the National Planning Framework? Will the Council be supporting the needs of the existing community while implementing the strategy for economic growth within the Cookstown area and to make a statement on this?"

Qu (6)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
Laura Leonard

"To ask the Chief Executive to confirm the schedule now being followed in respect of the new stand and other developments at Tallaght Stadium; will he give details of the works involved and make a statement"

Qu (7)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
Thomas Rooney

"To ask the Chief Executive to present an update on efforts to improve the image of Cookstown Industrial Estate noting the widespread view that everything possible continues to be done to attract employment to the estate"

Headed Items

H-I (5)

Submitted by:
Economic Development
Responsibility:
Economic Development

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (3)

Submitted by:
Economic Development
Responsibility:
Economic Development

Correspondence (No Business)

Libraries & Arts

Questions

Qu (8)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Duff
Responsibility:
Bernadette Fennell

"Could the Chief Executive make a report as to the progress of the Fitting Out of the new Castletymon Library and could she confirm if the opening is still on track for 1st Quarter 2021"

Headed Items

H-I (6)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Bernadette Fennell

Application for Arts Grants

H-I (7)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Bernadette Fennell

Library News & Events

H-I (8)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts

NEW WORKS (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (4)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts

Correspondence (No Business)

Corporate Support

Headed Items

H-I (9)

Submitted by:
Corporate Support
Responsibility:
Corporate Support

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (5)

Submitted by:
Corporate Support
Responsibility:
Corporate Support

Correspondence (No Business)

Performance & Change Management

Headed Items

H-I (10)

Submitted by:
Performance & Change Management
Responsibility:
Performance & Change Management

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (6)

Submitted by:
Performance & Change Management
Responsibility:
Performance & Change Management

Correspondence (No Business)

Environment

Questions

Qu (9)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Duff
Responsibility:
Michael McAdam

"Would the Chief Executive inform this Committee if permission is required for artists to paint murals on Utility Boxes or can they be invited by Community Groups to so in certain areas, such as Tallaght Village etc?"

Headed Items

H-I (11)

Submitted by:
Environment
Responsibility:
Environment

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (7)

Submitted by:
Environment
Responsibility:
Environment

Correspondence (No Business)

Water & Drainage

Headed Items

H-I (12)

Submitted by:
Water & Drainage
Responsibility:
Water & Drainage

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (8)

Submitted by:
Water & Drainage
Responsibility:
Water & Drainage

Correspondence (No Business)

Public Realm

Questions

Qu (10)

Submitted by:
Councillor T. Costello
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

"To ask the Chief Executive to give details of costs associated to the repair of green spaces due to the damage caused by scrambler in the Tallaght area in the past 12 months"

Qu (11)

Submitted by:
Councillor K. Mahon
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

"Can the Chief Executive update regarding any planning applications or representations regarding any potential sports hub or upgraded sports facilities at the green at Kingswood Heights tennis courts? Can management assure residents that any proposals will include full community discussion and public consultation?"

Qu (12)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

"To ask the Chief Executive to confirm plans for the further improvement of facilities at Butler/McGee Park as provisionally raised and in reporting will he say when he plans to meet local stakeholders as previously agreed and will he make a statement."

Qu (13)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

"To ask the Chief Executive if he appreciates the continued concerns of communities in respect of the menace of scramblers; will he confirm contacts and actions made in respect of the matter and will he make a statement."

Headed Items

H-I (13)

Submitted by:
Leo Magee
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

Draft Public Realm Improvement Works Programme 2021.

H-I (14)

Submitted by:
Public Realm
Responsibility:
Public Realm

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (9)

Submitted by:
Public Realm
Responsibility:
Public Realm

Correspondence(No Business)

Motions

Mot (6)

Submitted by:
Councillor T. Costello
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

"To ask that the long requested removal of weeds from the green area to the back of Tymon Crescent be completed and a date of completion be agreed"

Mot (7)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. Dunne
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

"This Area Committee calls on the Chief Executive to narrow the wall gaps on the Jobstown River that drivers of stolen cars are managing to get through and making it at times impassable for pedestrians."

Housing

Questions

Qu (14)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. Dunne
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech,Marguerite Staunton,Neil Hanly

"To ask the Chief Executive how many residential properties are there in total in the Tallaght South & Tallaght Central areas. To additionally ask how many of these properties are privately rented,HAP,RAS and any other state supported schemes with a break down of each?"

Qu (15)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech

"To ask the Chief Executive to confirm that regular contact is being maintained with Fettercairn Estate Management Group in respect of the ongoing issues of concern in the estate and will he also state if in the absence of regular meetings he is in contact with Tallaght Gardai ensuring that action is being taken on matters within their remit and will he make a statement."

Headed Items

H-I (15)

Submitted by:
Elaine Leech
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech

Anti-social Quarterly Statistics 2020

H-I (16)

Submitted by:
Housing
Responsibility:
Housing

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (10)

Submitted by:
Housing
Responsibility:
Housing

Correspondence (No Business)

Community

Questions

Qu (16)

Submitted by:
Councillor T. Costello
Responsibility:
Cristina Hurson

"To ask the Chief Executive, how many calls to date requiring assistance have been received by the South Dublin for the Tallaght area Covid 19 Community Response Forum.  If possible can it be broken down by requests received or a brief overview of requests outlined.  Can you also confirm how many volunteers have signed up to offer assistance."

Qu (17)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
Cristina Hurson

"To ask the Chief Executive to confirm further plans to provide grant aid to community groups to allow them continue to provide services and assistance in these difficult times and will he make a statement"

Headed Items

H-I (17)

Submitted by:
Brian Carroll
Responsibility:
Cristina Hurson

Deputations for Noting (No Business)

H-I (18)

Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
Community

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (11)

Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
Community

Correspondence (No Business)

A-Z of All Services