Coucnil Banner Image

Council Meetings

Clondalkin Area Committee Meeting 20th January, 2021 Agenda


Date:
20/01/2021 15:00
Location:
Virtual Meeting
Standing Orders:
View

Headed Items

H-I (1)

Submitted by:
C AC Meeting Administrator
Responsibility:
C AC Meeting Administrator

Confirmation & Re-affirmation of Minutes of Meeting held on 16th December, 2020

Transportation

Questions

Qu (1)

Submitted by:
Councillor Peter Kavanagh
Responsibility:
William Purcell

"To ask the Chief Executive what is the number of bicycle parking facilities in the LEA and the planned increase on this number in 2021."

Qu (2)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

"To ask the Chief Executive to issue a report into when the full list of bollards in Clondalkin will be fixed and painted as request by Clondalkin Tidy Towns in a previous Area Committee question?"

Qu (3)

Submitted by:
Councillor Peter Kavanagh
Responsibility:
William Purcell

"To ask the Chief Executive to detail the process by which residents and elected representatives could potentially pedestrianise a road in Clondalkin LEA, namely Knockmeenagh Lane?"

Headed Items

H-I (2)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Transportation

New Works (No Business)

H-I (3)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Transportation

Proposed Declaration of Roads to be Public Roads (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (1)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Transportation

Correspondence (No Business)

Motions

Mot (1)

Submitted by:
Councillor Eoin Ó Broin
Responsibility:
William Purcell

Cathaoirleach's Business

"This Area Committee acknowledges the ongoing issues on Knockmeenagh Lane with regard to (i) vehicles breaking the speed limit, (ii) vehicles travelling the wrong way down on a one-way road, and (iii) private developers seeking access to use the lane, and how these three issues have led to calls from residents in the area for the lane to be pedestrianised. To this end, this Area Committee calls on the Chief Executive to begin the process of public consultation under Section 38 of the Road Traffic Act (or other relevant legislation) on the issue of pedestrianisation of Knockmeenagh Lane between Consolidated Pumps/Newlands Grove and St. Brigid's Cottages."

Mot (2)

Submitted by:
Councillor Eoin Ó Broin
Responsibility:
C AC Meeting Administrator

"This Area Committee calls on the Chief Executive to write to Irish Rail thanking them for the comprehensive presentation given to the LEA in November on the electrification and provision of light rail on the railtrack between Heuston and Hazelhatch."

Mot (3)

Submitted by:
Councillor Eoin Ó Broin
Responsibility:
C AC Meeting Administrator

"This Area Committee calls on the Chief Executive to inquire with Transport Infrastructure Ireland (TII) as to how seating may be installed at two bus stops in Clondalkin Village which could do with at the very least seats/benches if not a shelter as well. They are bus stops #4664 and #2160 located on Watery Lane at the Clondalkin Town Centre and on Convent Road outside Tesco respectively."

Planning

Questions

Qu (4)

Submitted by:
Councillor Eoin Ó Broin
Responsibility:
Hazel Craigie

"Numbers 1, 2, 3, 8, 13, 15 and 16 Saint Brigid´s Cottages in Clondalkin are vacant and have been for some time. The response to Members Rep 1584683 states that SDCC does not consider these sites a priority for inclusion on the Vacant Sites Register. Thus, to ask the Chief Executive, what recourse there is to having the houses reoccupied or the sites developed?"

Qu (5)

Submitted by:
Councillor Eoin Ó Broin
Responsibility:
Eoin Burke

"To ask the Chief Executive what measures have been undertaken to ensure the structural protection and integrity of Structure #313 in the RPS ( 313 Rectory/Glebe House, Main Street, Rathcoole House) which happens to be the former Mary Mercer School Orphanage Building? The motivation for the question is that to the passer-by, the structure appears to be in a very poor state of repair?"

Headed Items

H-I (4)

Submitted by:
Planning
Responsibility:
Planning

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (2)

Submitted by:
Planning
Responsibility:
Planning

Correspondence (No Business)

Motions

Mot (4)

Submitted by:
Councillor S. O'Hara
Responsibility:
Hazel Craigie

"That this Area Committee requests a Local Area Plan be drafted for Rathcoole prior to any more development of the village."

Economic Development

Questions

Qu (6)

Submitted by:
Councillor Eoin Ó Broin
Responsibility:
Laura Leonard

"To ask the Chief Executive what the purpose of the tannoy system along the Grand Canal Greenway is?"

Headed Items

H-I (5)

Submitted by:
Economic Development
Responsibility:
Economic Development

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (3)

Submitted by:
Economic Development
Responsibility:
Economic Development

Correspondence (No Business)

Motions

Mot (5)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
Thomas Rooney

"That this Area Committee supports calls by Clonburris National School to follow Clondalkin's lead as a Fairtrade Town and now ask that the Mayor declare South Dublin a Fairtrade County."

Libraries & Arts

Headed Items

H-I (6)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts

New Works (No Business)

H-I (7)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Bernadette Fennell

Library News & Events

H-I (8)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts

Application for Arts Grants (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (4)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts

Correspondence (No Business)

Motions

Mot (6)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
Bernadette Fennell

"That this Area Committee call on Libraries to meet with Elected Members and the Joe Williams' Archive Committee to look at options to preserve the archive for future generations."

Mot (7)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
C AC Meeting Administrator

That this Area Committee asks the Chief Executive to write to South Dublin County Council Libraries and commend the great work of the Libraries in Clondalkin area and beyond on behalf of elected members and the communities we represent, especially in pandemic times where it is more challenging to provide services but the Libraries work and commitment is highly commendable?"

Corporate Support

Headed Items

H-I (9)

Submitted by:
Corporate Support
Responsibility:
Corporate Support

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (5)

Submitted by:
Corporate Support
Responsibility:
Corporate Support

Correspondence (No Business)

Motions

Mot (8)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
Cristina Hurson

"That this Area Committee call on the Council to meet with Elected Members and Clondalkin Tidy Towns in order to progress the World War1 Memorial and that we also ask the Mayor to convene the Commemoration Committee."

Mot (9)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
C AC Meeting Administrator

"That this committee commits to writing to the Department of Justice and the Local Garda Superintendent about the rising youth behaviour issues in the Bawnogue and Cherrywood area and ask for immediate action on these issues , also to ask for a plan in relation to open and increased public drug dealing and drug use in both areas and to request that the reply states how many ASBO's have been issued to offenders."

Performance & Change Management

Headed Items

H-I (10)

Submitted by:
Performance & Change Management
Responsibility:
Performance & Change Management

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (6)

Submitted by:
Performance & Change Management
Responsibility:
Performance & Change Management

Correspondence (No Business)

Environment

Questions

Qu (7)

Submitted by:
Councillor S. O'Hara
Responsibility:
Brenda Shannon

"To ask the Chief Executive for more litter patrols on L6023 Road, Loughtown Lower, Newcastle,  due to the increase in illegal dumping."

Headed Items

H-I (11)

Submitted by:
Environment
Responsibility:
Environment

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (7)

Submitted by:
Environment
Responsibility:
Environment

Correspondence (No Business)

Motions

Mot (10)

Submitted by:
Councillor Peter Kavanagh
Responsibility:
Brenda Shannon

"This area committee agrees that the privately-owned car park behind Main Street, Clondalkin, is consistently affected by illegal dumping and that any and all efforts must be made to ensure that this is tackled. Further, this committee calls for a report on fines and warnings issued to business and property owners relating to this area and any other efforts previously taken to deal with this matter."

Water & Drainage

Headed Items

H-I (12)

Submitted by:
Water & Drainage
Responsibility:
Water & Drainage

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (8)

Submitted by:
Water & Drainage
Responsibility:
Water & Drainage

Correspondence (No Business)

Motions

Mot (11)

Submitted by:
Councillor Eoin Ó Broin
Responsibility:
David Grant

Cathaoirleach's Business

"This Area Committee acknowledges the recent flooding in Corkagh Park and in light of the unease with which this has caused for residents of Cherrywood Crescent, calls on the Chief Executive to provide a brief update on the Camac Flood Allieviation Scheme with a focus on the parts of Clondalkin that are in the Camac flood basin."

Public Realm

Questions

Qu (8)

Submitted by:
Councillor T. Gilligan
Responsibility:
David Fennell

"To ask the Chief Executive to repair a very small job on the Stone Bridge built in 2015 at Corkage Park. Unfortunately a stone capping was knocked off the bridge about four months ago by a JCB or some other heavy machine. I believe this would only encourage anti social behaviour to do more damage to this Bridge. The Bridge is build over the River Camac at the Cherrywood end of the Park?"

Qu (9)

Submitted by:
Councillor Peter Kavanagh
Responsibility:
David Fennell

"To ask the Chief Executive what measures are being put in place to avoid a repeat of the situation in the summer of 2020 where refuse facilities in parks in the Clondalkin LEA were not sufficient to cope with demand and were frequently overflowing."

Qu (10)

Submitted by:
Councillor Eoin Ó Broin
Responsibility:
David Fennell

"To ask the Chief Executive if the schedules listed on the online cleaning schedule ( http://www.southdublin.ie/schedulerpublicviewer/mapviewer.html ) are changed or adjusted seasonally or are they the same all year round? The question arises due to concern from some citizens that there is insufficient litter picking carried out by South Dublin County Council?"

Qu (11)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
Suzanne Furlong

"To ask the Chief Executive to issue a report into Teen spaces in the Clondalkin Area? and to ask can people suggest areas and types of spaces they would like? Can a contact name and contact be given?"

Headed Items

H-I (13)

Submitted by:
Public Realm
Responsibility:
Public Realm

New Works (No Business)

H-I (14)

Submitted by:
Public Realm
Responsibility:
David Fennell

Draft Public Realm Improvement Works Programme 2021

H-I (15)

Submitted by:
Public Realm
Responsibility:
Laurence Colleran

St. Cuthbert's Park MUGA

Correspondence

Cor (9)

Submitted by:
Public Realm
Responsibility:
Public Realm

Correspondence (No Business)

Motions

Mot (12)

Submitted by:
Councillor Peter Kavanagh
Responsibility:
David Fennell

"This Area Committee agrees to thank our Parks staff for maintaining excellent facilities that are now being showcased to local residents again under the restrictions imposed to cope with Covid-19."

Housing

Questions

Qu (12)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
Marguerite Staunton

"To ask the Chief Executive to provide a report on all Part 8's planned for the Clondalkin Area and what  planned timeframe these will be delivered in?"

Headed Items

H-I (16)

Submitted by:
Housing
Responsibility:
Housing

New Works (No Business)

H-I (17)

Submitted by:
Elaine Leech
Responsibility:
Zita Markey

Anti-Social Quarterly Statistics 2020

Correspondence

Cor (10)

Submitted by:
Housing
Responsibility:
Housing

Correspondence (No Business)

Community

Questions

Qu (13)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
Paul McAlerney

"To ask the Chief Executive to issue a detailed report into what community facilities will be delivered in the Newcastle Area alongside the thousands of houses ?"

Headed Items

H-I (18)

Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
Community

New Works (No Business)

H-I (19)

Submitted by:
Director of Housing, Social & Community Development
Responsibility:
Brian Hora

Deputations (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (11)

Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
Community

Correspondence (No Business)

A-Z of All Services