Coucnil Banner Image

Council Meetings

January 2021 Lucan/Palmerstown/North Clondalkin Area Committee Meeting Agenda


Date:
26/01/2021 15:00
Location:
Virtual Meeting

Headed Items

H-I (1)

Submitted by:
LAC Meeting Administration
Responsibility:
Laura Leonard

Confirmation and Reaffirmation of Minutes of December 2020 Lucan/Palmerstown/North Clondalkin ACM

Transportation

Questions

Qu (1)

Submitted by:
Councillor Shane Moynihan
Responsibility:
William Purcell

To ask the Chief Executive for an update on the taking-in-charge of Ballyowen Square estate.

Qu (2)

Submitted by:
Councillor Derren Ó Brádaigh
Responsibility:
Caitriona Lambert

To ask the Chief Executive to provide a report on any programme of works or future plans to further roll out replacement/transition of public street lighting in Palmerstown to extend to all other areas not completed with the newer energy efficient LED lights.

Qu (3)

Submitted by:
Councillor G. O'Connell
Responsibility:
William Purcell

Can the Chief Executive provide an update on progress in delivering on the proposed 3.5T restriction for the cell between the Oval and Kennelsfort Road.

Qu (4)

Submitted by:
Councillor Joanna Tuffy
Responsibility:
Caitriona Lambert

To ask what role the Council played this year in the Christmas lighting in Lucan Village including any funding involved. Would it consider supporting lighting for other parts of Lucan in future

Correspondence

Cor (1)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Transportation

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (2)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Transportation

New Works (No Business)

H-I (3)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
William Purcell

Proposed Declaration of Roads to be Public Roads (No Business)

Motions

Mot (1)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
William Purcell

The Newcastle Road has been identified with an unprecedent number of exits and entrances in previous meetings and discussions. Given there is development currently in progress along the Newcastle, and knowing there's future development planned along the Newcastle road this committee requests the Chief Executive to report on the current number of exits and entrances. To confirm the additional ones planned along the Newcastle road and to provide a map indicating all these exits/entrances both existing and planned. This report will provide a discussion on the traffic lights, pedestrian crossings etc along this road and inform the members of any future traffic junctions and/or road amendments.

Mot (2)

Submitted by:
Councillor P. Gogarty
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

That the Chief Executive, further to commitments given at previous meetings and on membersnet, works out a permanent solution to deal with the continuing leakages onto the footpath from the wall adjoining the Lucan Heights/Esker Lawns Road off the R835, in consultation with St Joseph's College if necessary, as yet again this has proven extremely hazardous during recent freezing weather and poses a danger to older person in particular as well as other adults and children attending local schools.

Mot (3)

Submitted by:
Councillor Alan Hayes
Responsibility:
John Coughlan

To ask the Chief Executive to identify and apply for all possible grants in 2021 to install a pedestrian & cycleway entrance from Balgaddy to Thomas Omar road for children attending Kishogue and Griffeen post primary schools.

Mot (4)

Submitted by:
Councillor G. O'Connell
Responsibility:
Caitriona Lambert

This Committee requests that the lights on the pedestrian footpath between Kennelsfort Road and Woodfarm Acres (along by the ESB sub-station) be repaired as a matter of urgency. They have been reported previously but they are still out.

This Motion was Moved without Debate

Mot (5)

Submitted by:
Councillor V. Casserly
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

To call on the manager to upgrade footpath to the entrance of Haydens Lane Carpark to Griffeen Park. Currently there are no dishing of kerbs making it challenging for some pedestrians

Moved without Debate

Mot (6)

Submitted by:
Councillor Shane Moynihan
Responsibility:
Caitriona Lambert

That this Area Committee calls for the provision and repair of adequate public lighting on the footpaths leading to the playground at Balgaddy.

Mot (7)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
Jennifer McGrath,John Coughlan

This committee seeks an update from Chief Executive on the proposed plans for the embankment area between Moyglas and Castle Riada in particular the photomontage drawings. it is hoped to have this committed to asap to ensure the local community do not endure further issues as explained in the motions passed to date.

Mot (8)

Submitted by:
Councillor P. Gogarty
Responsibility:
William Purcell

That the Chief Executive, further to requests by Lucan Educate Together National School, puts in place measures to improve social distancing for pedestrians and cyclists along the main entrance route and the pedestrian space outside the school entrance; including for example additional footpath space over grass verges and/or rubberised bollards to create extra space segregated from vehicles, as well as any other creative solutions that have been raised by the school or may come up during contributions.

Mot (9)

Submitted by:
Councillor V. Casserly
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

To ask the manager to examine the narrow footpaths on the L5216 to make them safer for pedestrians

Moved without Debate

Planning

Questions

Qu (5)

Submitted by:
Councillor G. O'Connell
Responsibility:
Eoin Burke,Irenie McLoughlin

Can the Chief Executive provide a report on the Old Mills on Mill Lane Palmerstown to include if they are maintained in a safe and satisfactory condition and what their future use may be.

Qu (6)

Submitted by:
Councillor G. O'Connell
Responsibility:
Eoin Burke

To ask the Chief Executive if an overview can be provided of the layout of the Clonburris SDZ showing the possible/desirable road network, public facilities, etc.

Headed Items

H-I (4)

Submitted by:
Planning
Responsibility:
Planning

New Works (No Business)

H-I (5)

Submitted by:
Planning
Responsibility:
Planning

Correspondence (No Business)

Motions

Mot (10)

Submitted by:
Councillor Joanna Tuffy
Responsibility:
Hazel Craigie

That the Council update its Lucan Village Design Statement, and that the aim be to have it ready before the next County Development Plan is adopted.

Mot (11)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
Eoin Burke,Tracy McGibbon

This committee requests the Chief Executive to revisit the files in CDP in regards to a piece of land next to Lucan Educate Together at Mount Bellew. This land,as part of the agreement was to provide a turning access for the school traffic. There was also interest from local clubs in regards to the site. The management updates members on the current status, with a view to providing a school traffic turning point. See photo attached.

Economic Development

Questions

Qu (7)

Submitted by:
Councillor Derren Ó Brádaigh
Responsibility:
Thomas Rooney

To ask the Chief executive for a report on the number of Covid related funding assistance grants that have been applied for by small businesses across Palmerstown, Lucan and North Clondalkin, how many have been successfully awarded, the total amounts and how these compare across the county.

Correspondence

Cor (2)

Submitted by:
Economic Development
Responsibility:
Economic Development

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (6)

Submitted by:
Economic Development
Responsibility:
Economic Development

New Works (No Business)

Motions

Mot (12)

Submitted by:
Councillor Derren Ó Brádaigh
Responsibility:
Laura Leonard

That this Committee agrees that the Council 'Take-in-Charge' the car park of the Shancastle Shops. The Council own the car park and have not taking this in charge despite it been in council ownership for over 30 years.

Mot (13)

Submitted by:
Councillor Shane Moynihan
Responsibility:
Thomas Rooney

That the Chief Executive provide an update on the development of heritage apps for Lucan and Palmerstown villages as a headed item at the next ACM, given the super work on the conservation works at St Finian's Church.

Mot (14)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
Laura Leonard

That the Chief Executive provides a detailed up to date report for the three clubs involved Lucan Harriers, Weston Hockey and AGP FC regarding the Trust Document.

Mot (15)

Submitted by:
Councillor Joanna Tuffy
Responsibility:
Laura Leonard

That Chief Executive Officer will hold exploratory talks and investigations with the OPW with a view to the feasibility of the taking into public ownership of the medieval medieval church which was known as The Church of the Blessed Virgin Mary, and the Castle, adjacent, and partially in the grounds of the Italian Ambassador's residence and if he will make a statement on the matter

Libraries & Arts

Questions

Qu (8)

Submitted by:
Councillor Shane Moynihan
Responsibility:
Bernadette Fennell

To ask the Chief Executive for a report on the Library Home Delivery Service (the number of deliveries) in the Lucan and Palmerstown-Fonthill Electoral Areas for the year 2020, broken out by month, and types of deliveries undertaken (home, nursing homes, day care centres etc)

Correspondence

Cor (3)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (7)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts

NEW WORKS (No Business)

H-I (8)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Bernadette Fennell

Library News & Events

H-I (9)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Orla Scannell

Application for Arts Grants (No Business)

Corporate Support

Questions

Qu (9)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
Sheila Kelly

To ask the Chief Executive to confirm if HSE has responded or committed to attending our area committee as per last motion passed,

See below:

COMHAIRLE CONTAE ÁTHA CLIATH THEAS SOUTH DUBLIN COUNTY COUNCIL South Dublin County Council Crest MEETING OF LUCAN/PALMERSTOWN/FONTHILL AREA COMMITTEE Tuesday, February 25, 2020 MOTION NO. 6 MOTION: Councillor L. O'Toole The previous area committee (Lucan area committee) were given a presentation from HSE on the health care in Lucan some time ago. At that time I had proposed the introduction of speech therapists into our classrooms given my experience with speech therapy challenges and given that so many parents / children at the time had challenges and so many still do. Since then a pilot scheme was introduced by the then relevant Minister between Department Education and HSE. We agreed to write to the Minister for an update on the pilot, this committee now calls on the Chief Executive to invite the HSE to our area committee meeting to give a presentation on this pilot.

 

Qu (10)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
Brenda Pierce,Colin Clarke

To ask the Chief Executive for an updated timeline of the Tandy's Lane Park and Airlie Park. Given that Tandy's lane is due to be opened first and a number of new facilities are included, if a list of facilities could be provided in the report indicating when they will be available to the community for use.

Correspondence

Cor (4)

Submitted by:
Corporate Support
Responsibility:
Corporate Support

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (10)

Submitted by:
Corporate Support
Responsibility:
Corporate Support

New Works (No Business)

Motions

Mot (16)

Submitted by:
Councillor Derren Ó Brádaigh
Responsibility:
Sheila Kelly

That this Committee agrees to write to Irish Rail and the NTA to requests addition non-disabled car parking at Adamstown train station beside the station as the current arrangements do not provide adequate safety for commuters, particularly in the dark mornings and evenings.

Mot (17)

Submitted by:
Councillor G. O'Connell
Responsibility:
Cristina Hurson

Can the Cheif Executive please confirm the correct name of this Committee. It would appear the heading for this committee is still missing a "W".

Mot (18)

Submitted by:
Councillor Shane Moynihan
Responsibility:
Sheila Kelly

That the Area Committee would invite the Clondalkin Drug and Alcohol Task Force to provide a briefing to the Committee in the form of a briefing, focusing on the impact of COVID-19 on their work.

Mot (19)

Submitted by:
Councillor Shane Moynihan
Responsibility:
Sheila Kelly

That the Area Committee would invite Ms Jennifer Clancy, Resource Officer for Suicide Prevention for South County Dublin to provide a briefing to members on work being done with regard to suicide prevention, especially in light of the past year.

Performance & Change Management

Headed Items

H-I (11)

Submitted by:
Performance & Change Management
Responsibility:
Performance & Change Management

Correspondence (No Business)

H-I (12)

Submitted by:
Performance & Change Management
Responsibility:
Performance & Change Management

New Works (No Business)

Environment

Correspondence

Cor (5)

Submitted by:
Environment
Responsibility:
Environment

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (13)

Submitted by:
Environment
Responsibility:
Environment

New Works (No Business)

Motions

Mot (20)

Submitted by:
Councillor Derren Ó Brádaigh
Responsibility:
Michael McAdam

That this Committee asks the Council to begin the process of placing the site on St Mark's Green known locally as the "Farmers Shop" on the derelict's sites list. This has been vacant and abandoned for years now and is a hive of illegal dumping and attracts anti-social behaviour.

Moved without Debate

Water & Drainage

Correspondence

Cor (6)

Submitted by:
Water & Drainage
Responsibility:
Water & Drainage

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (14)

Submitted by:
Water & Drainage
Responsibility:
Water & Drainage

New Works (No Business)

Public Realm

Questions

Qu (11)

Submitted by:
Councillor P. Gogarty
Responsibility:
Maire Ni Dhomhnaill

To ask the Manager to outline estates and roads in this Area Committee remit that are scheduled for tree pruning, cutting, trunk removal or planting between now and April 1, 2021?

Qu (12)

Submitted by:
Councillor Derren Ó Brádaigh
Responsibility:
David Fennell

To ask the Chief Executive to report on the provision of litter bins for now completed estates within the Adamstown SDZ and indeed any plans to locate additional bins in long completed parts including Adamstown/Castlegate itself and on the Newcastle Rd

Qu (13)

Submitted by:
Councillor Derren Ó Brádaigh
Responsibility:
Suzanne Furlong

To ask the Chief Executive in recognising Waterstown as a regional park, and in building upon the excellent work and popularity of the playground and park facilities, examine the further provision of additional playground activities on par with playground spaces in Griffeen Valley in Lucan and Corkagh Park in Clondalkin.

Qu (14)

Submitted by:
Councillor G. O'Connell
Responsibility:
David Fennell

That the Chief Executive provide a firm schedule for repairs to the footpath across the Green in Palmerstown Court Estate as it is in a very dangerous condition at a number of locations.

Qu (15)

Submitted by:
Councillor Shane Moynihan
Responsibility:
Maire Ni Dhomhnaill

To ask the Chief Executive for a report on the numbers of tree vandalised in the Lucan & Palmerstown-Fonthill LEAs for the calendar year 2021, the numbers of trees which were replaced as a result and the estimated cost of this vandalism.

Qu (16)

Submitted by:
Councillor Shane Moynihan
Responsibility:
David Fennell

To ask the Chief Executive for an update as to when the boundary wall at Quarryvale Park will be repaired.

Correspondence

Cor (7)

Submitted by:
Public Realm
Responsibility:
Public Realm

Correspondence(No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (15)

Submitted by:
Public Realm
Responsibility:
Public Realm

New Works (No Business)

H-I (16)

Submitted by:
Public Realm
Responsibility:
David Fennell

Draft Public Realm Improvement Works Programme 2021

H-I (17)

Submitted by:
Maire Ni Dhomhnaill
Responsibility:
Maire Ni Dhomhnaill

Tree Maintenance Update

Motions

Mot (21)

Submitted by:
Councillor G. O'Connell
Responsibility:
David Fennell

To ask the Chief Executive for (an estimate if an accurate breakdown is not possible) of the cost of collecting and disposing of material dumped in the Lucan Palmerstown North Clondalkin LAC, what kind of volume is involved in a typical year and what constitutes the (typical) waste having to be picked up by the Council and that a discussion take place.

Moved without Debate

Mot (22)

Submitted by:
Councillor P. Gogarty
Responsibility:
David Fennell,Maire Ni Dhomhnaill

That the Chief Executive moves to sort out issues caused by the demolition of the wall between Hermitage Green and Ballyowen View, as well as the need to prune/thin out the related heavy tree cover in the vicinity.

Mot (23)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Johansson
Responsibility:
Maire Ni Dhomhnaill

That the Chief Executive produce a report on damage to newly planted trees on the so-called ramp road between the Fonthill Rd and Neilstown Rd, and that new trees will be planted to replace those that were damaged/removed.

Moved without Debate

Mot (24)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

This Committee requests the Chief Executive to examine the introduction of a solar bin for the Lucan area. Given that a pilot scheme has been completed and reported on and a rollout of the solar bins countywide hasn't yet been included in future budgets, the members ask that consideration is given to install one in a location that has been identified as a litter hotspot to see if it has benefits to the area.

Mot (25)

Submitted by:
Councillor V. Casserly
Responsibility:
David Fennell

To call on the Manager to upgrade the Dog Park in Griffeen to ensure Gates, benches etc are fully accessible and the dog run is functional for all dog owners

Moved without Debate

Mot (26)

Submitted by:
Councillor Joanna Tuffy
Responsibility:
Maire Ni Dhomhnaill

To ask the Manager to give an update on the tree pruning programme. What estates will have tree pruning this year in the Lucan Electoral Area. Is the programme effected by the Covid-19 restrictions?

Moved without Debate

Mot (27)

Submitted by:
Councillor V. Casserly
Responsibility:
Maire Ni Dhomhnaill

To call on the manager to examine Wooded area in Willsbrook Park in view to improved maintenance and removal of dead trees. The dense growth within woodland encourages drug culture and antisocial behaviour which impacts on our new playspaces.

Moved without Debate

Mot (28)

Submitted by:
Councillor Joanna Tuffy
Responsibility:
Suzanne Furlong

To ask the Manager to give an update on the greenway that is to run alongside the new privately owned and developed cemetery from the point of view of oversight of the development of this greenway by the Parks section of the Council.

Moved without Debate

Housing

Questions

Qu (17)

Submitted by:
Councillor Alan Hayes
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech

To ask the chief executive for an update on the planned maintenance works, including painting, on council owned homes in Balgaddy and if there is an agreed start and finish date for same.

Qu (18)

Submitted by:
Councillor Alan Hayes
Responsibility:
Marguerite Staunton

To ask the chief Executive if the Council expect any significant rise in construction costs for the proposed Part 8 at Balgaddy as a result of Brexit, and if so, what additional cost might this add to the project.

Qu (19)

Submitted by:
Councillor Shane Moynihan
Responsibility:
Marguerite Staunton

That the Chief Executive provide an update as to revised timelines for Part 8 the proposed older people's development at St Ronan's, in light of current restrictions and the steps that will be taken to proactively engage with communities in the area.

Qu (20)

Submitted by:
Councillor Derren Ó Brádaigh
Responsibility:
Neil Hanly

To ask the Chief Executive for a breakdown of the number of applicants on the social housing list that are presently in receipt of HAP and for this to be provided in tabular form for Palmerstown, Lucan and North Clondalkin separately.

Qu (21)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
Neil Hanly

Following a motion discussed and passed previous, the total number of Approved Housing Bodies (AHB) in the county were not listed in the managers response. This committee asks that the Chief Executive provide a list of all AHB registered with SDCC and highlight the active ones.

Correspondence

Cor (8)

Submitted by:
Housing
Responsibility:
Housing

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (18)

Submitted by:
Housing
Responsibility:
Housing

New Works (No Business)

H-I (19)

Submitted by:
Elaine Leech
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech

Lucan ASB Quarterly Report

Motions

Mot (29)

Submitted by:
Councillor P. Gogarty
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech

That the Chief Executive firms up the timescale for measures already agreed to install doors at stairwells in properties it rents at The Square/Sarsfield Close in Lucan village, as well as considers other measures such as additional lighting and CCTV to help minimise the risk of ongoing antisocial behaviour and intimidation at this location by non-residents using the area to take drugs and engage in other activities, as recent incidents have caused a lot of stress to the mainly older residents.

Moved without Debate

Mot (30)

Submitted by:
Councillor Derren Ó Brádaigh
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech

That this committee agrees to prioritise a programme of works in Balgaddy that will install new doors and locks on doors at all entrances and within communal areas.

Mot (31)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Johansson
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech

That the Chief Executive accelerate the painting of the exterior of houses and apartments in Balgaddy which has been agreed as part of the planned maintenance programme, and to report on why this did not happen in 2020.

Mot (32)

Submitted by:
Councillor G. O'Connell
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech

That the Cheif Executive address the outstanding housing maintenance issues in Balgaddy and in doing so to please ensure that safe, secure and durable protective doors are fitted for all gas meters and that a firm schedule for these works be provided.

Mot (33)

Submitted by:
Councillor Alan Hayes,Councillor G. O'Connell,Councillor M. Johansson,Councillor Shane Moynihan
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech

This committee recognises that the community of Balgaddy feels hugely neglected and calls on the Chief Executive to make urgent efforts to prioritise and implement a better standard of living as identified by the Balgaddy Residents Association, for all in this area, and to request the Director of Housing to meet councillors for the Palmerstown-Fonthill LEA before the next ACM to outline progress on this. Residents have a right to feel safer, live in more habitable accommodation and we acknowledge their requests to have the following items prioritised for urgent implementation by this Council, as raised in other motions by Palmerstown-Fonthill councillors. Public Lighting on path at playground; Painting of outside of houses/apartments; New doors, locks on doors in communal areas/entrances; Safe secure protective doors on gas meters; Pedestrian/footpath exit from Balgaddy to Thomas Omar road for children attending Kishogue College.

Community

Questions

Qu (22)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
Cathy Purdy Fitzgerald

 This committee requests that the Chief Executive report on the latest status of the swimming pool and advise if the latest Coviv19 national level % restrictions has altered timelines.

Correspondence

Cor (9)

Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
Community

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (20)

Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
Community

New Works (No Business)

H-I (21)

Submitted by:
Brian Carroll
Responsibility:
Brian Leonard

Deputations for Noting (No Business)

H-I (22)

Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
Cathy Purdy Fitzgerald

Comhairle na nÓg Report January 2021

A-Z of All Services