Coucnil Banner Image

Council Meetings

February 22nd 2021 Tallaght Area Committee Meeting Agenda


Date:
22/02/2021 15:00
Location:
Virtual Meeting
Standing Orders:
View

Headed Items

H-I (1)

Submitted by:
Housing Administration
Responsibility:
Housing Administration

Minutes from Tallaght Area Committee Meeting 25th January, 2021.

Libraries & Arts

Headed Items

H-I (2)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Orla Scannell

Application for Arts Grants

H-I (3)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Bernadette Fennell

Library News & Events

H-I (4)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts

NEW WORKS (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (1)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts

Correspondence (No Business)

Motions

Mot (1)

Submitted by:
Councillor K. Mahon
Responsibility:
Bernadette Fennell

"This Council requests that the schedule of events for the new Tymon Library include the Patrick O' Connell Memorial Exhibition. The exhibition, established by local man Fergus Dowd from Glenview Park Tallaght, has received international attention and is a riveting history of the space where sport and politics meet. The Libraries Dept. might also consider it a suitable presentation for online events where Covid restrictions may limit physical accessibility to our libraries." 

Economic Development

Questions

Qu (1)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
Laura Leonard

"To ask the Chief Executive if he has had any discussions with the management of Shamrock Rovers FC regarding the planned move of the clubs operations to the proposed 4th stand; will he give details and also confirm if consideration is being given to the provision of a trophy room and will he make a statement"

Headed Items

H-I (5)

Submitted by:
Economic Development
Responsibility:
Economic Development

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (2)

Submitted by:
Economic Development
Responsibility:
Economic Development

Correspondence (No Business)

Performance & Change Management

Headed Items

H-I (6)

Submitted by:
Performance & Change Management
Responsibility:
Performance & Change Management

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (3)

Submitted by:
Performance & Change Management
Responsibility:
Performance & Change Management

Correspondence (No Business)

Corporate Support

Questions

Qu (2)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
Cristina Hurson

"To ask the Chief Executive to confirm when he now expects to complete the process in respect of the proposals to change the name of Brookmount, Tallaght to Brookmount Drive, Tallaght"

Qu (3)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
Niall Noonan

"To ask the Chief Executive what preparations are in place to proceed when possible with the Tallaght Central 300K have your say, will he appreciate that members are being contacted in respect of the issue and will he make a statement"

Headed Items

H-I (7)

Submitted by:
Corporate Support
Responsibility:
Corporate Support

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (4)

Submitted by:
Corporate Support
Responsibility:
Corporate Support

Correspondence (No Business)

Motions

Mot (2)

Submitted by:
Councillor Sandra Fay
Responsibility:
Michael Murtagh

"This Area Committee recognises the societal need for social care workers and others whose training and essential skills are being delayed by ( necessary) Covid restrictions at a time when they are drastically needed in our communities. We call on the Minister For Education, and Minister for Furter Education to move to " on the job' training or to reduce the necessary placement hours which will remove any delays caused by the need for voluntary placement hours in order to advance through their course or move into the workforce as quickly and efficiently as possible."

Water & Drainage

Headed Items

H-I (8)

Submitted by:
Water & Drainage
Responsibility:
Water & Drainage

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (5)

Submitted by:
Water & Drainage
Responsibility:
Water & Drainage

Correspondence (No Business)

Public Realm

Questions

Qu (4)

Submitted by:
Councillor T. Costello
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

To ask the manager is there a road sweeping schedule, can i get a listing of areas in Tallaght included on it.

Qu (5)

Submitted by:
Councillor T. Costello
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

"To ask the Chief Executive what is the current grass cutting schedule for Tallaght broken down by estates"

Qu (6)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Duff
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

"In view of the large amount of Garda resources, three cars and two vans, required to disperse a crowd of over 70 young people, this weekend, who congregate on the Arena Road on Friday and Saturday nights, every weekend, Would the Manager arrange to close the main and pedestrian gates at the entrance to the Area Road, for the duration of the Level 5 restrictions in an effort to prevent this type of repeated anti social activity."

Qu (7)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. Dunne
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

To ask the Manager to ensure that the Whitestown Stream in Jobstown is kept as a headed item on the Tallaght Area Committee & kept on the agenda until such a time that the continuing issues are resolved.

Qu (8)

Submitted by:
Councillor K. Mahon
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

"Regarding the Members rep below: Management have agreed by e mail to prune and cut back trees as necessary. Residents are grateful for this commitment. Can the other issues raised in the Members rep be addressed? Would the area be suitable for pollination programme or some form of low maintenance planting? Please update. 

Query:1593537 Hi, Residents at Glenview Park Tallaght have contacted the Council regarding trees and overgrowth at the rear of the houses. Residents are requesting that trees are inspected and where necessary, cut back. I have included pictures of branches that have recently come off trees , hitting windows during recent high winds. The area to the rear of the houses is overgrown including ivy that is growing up and over walls at the rear of the houses. This attracts rats and several sightings have been reported. Residents have taken to cutting back ivy but it inevitably regrows and is not manageable for people. The area, along the rear of the houses is badly in need of tidying, It may benefit from some planting, even seed bombing and could provide a nice visual amenity in one of the green spaces in the estate. See attached images for explanation. Can the Council confirm that they have received and will respond to residents concerns? Can the Council update as to what actions they can take and what the timeframe is for any work?"

Qu (9)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
Laurence Colleran

"To ask the Chief Executive if he has any plans to provide a Teenspace in Citywest and will he make a statement"

Qu (10)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
Leo Magee,Suzanne Furlong

"To ask the Chief Executive to present an update in respect of the Wetlands at Sean Walsh Park; will he detail actions taken regarding concerns previously raised and will he make a statement"

Headed Items

H-I (9)

Submitted by:
Leo Magee
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

2020 Tree Maintenance update

H-I (10)

Submitted by:
Public Realm
Responsibility:
Public Realm

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (6)

Submitted by:
Public Realm
Responsibility:
Public Realm

Correspondence(No Business)

Motions

Mot (3)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. Dunne
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

This Area Committee calls on the Chief Executive to plant pollinator wild flowers in Butler McGee park and Jobstown park in areas that has not got a high footfall and away from playing pitches.

Mot (4)

Submitted by:
Councillor K. Mahon
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

"In advance of a Headed Item on the public realm at Whitestown Stream in West Tallaght at the March Area Committee this committee agrees that we wish to see action at the identified Jobstown stretch of the stream regarding vehicle access, improvement of the public realm, lighting, and effective waste management policies. We ask that representatives from all necessary Departments are available for the March Area Committee discussion. We encourage all Tallaght Councillors to discuss and amend this motion to form identifiable parameters for the March discussion."

Environment

Headed Items

H-I (11)

Submitted by:
Brenda Shannon
Responsibility:
Brenda Shannon

Bi-annually Report on Litter Management Plan

H-I (12)

Submitted by:
Environment
Responsibility:
Environment

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (7)

Submitted by:
Environment
Responsibility:
Environment

Correspondence (No Business)

Motions

Mot (5)

Submitted by:
Councillor T. Costello
Responsibility:
Michael McAdam

"To ask the Chief Executive what measures are in place to tackle the increased issue of dog fouling and people not picking up after their dogs. Can I request that bins specifically for dog foul be introduced into our local parks in Tallaght"

Community

Questions

Qu (11)

Submitted by:
Councillor K. Mahon
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech

"Can the Chief Executive please update on the plans to provide a Community Centre in the City West area?" 

Qu (12)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech

"To ask the Chief Executive if he can now report progress in respect of the clear need for a Community Centre in Citywest noting the serious concerns of the local community at the slow delivery of facilities in the area will he give assurances and will he make a statement."

Headed Items

H-I (13)

Submitted by:
Brian Carroll
Responsibility:
Cristina Hurson

Deputations for Noting (No business)

H-I (14)

Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
Community

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (8)

Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
Community

Correspondence (No Business)

Motions

Mot (6)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. Dunne
Responsibility:
James Morrissey

"This Area Committee calls on the Chief Executive to upgrade and resurface the all weather pitch in Jobstown situated in the grounds of St Thomas's School"

Housing

Questions

Qu (13)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Duff
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech

"Could the Chief Executive please inform this Committee about the number of Central Heating Boiler call outs received since January 4th and could he also explain why Tenants, especially Senior Citizens, are being left up to four days waiting for an Engineer to repair faulty boilers, when daily temperatures are almost at freezing at the moment."

Qu (14)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. Dunne
Responsibility:
Marguerite Staunton

"To ask the Chief Executive for an update on the old Rossfield shop that was to be redeveloped into housing?"

Qu (15)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. Dunne
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech

Since the building inspection, electrical audit and architects report on the reconfiguration of the buiding, this Area Committee asks the Manager to give a time frame for commencement of works to start on Soairse Women's?

Qu (16)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
Neil Hanly

"To ask the Chief Executive to detail actions he proposes to promote the Council's recently adopted Downsizing Housing Policy"

Qu (17)

Submitted by:
Councillor Patrick Pearse Holohan
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech,Marguerite Staunton,Neil Hanly

"To call on the Chief Executive for a full breakdown of social housing units delivered in the South Dublin County Council LEA of Tallaght in the last 5 years"

Headed Items

H-I (15)

Submitted by:
Housing
Responsibility:
Marguerite Staunton

Housing Supply Report

H-I (16)

Submitted by:
Housing
Responsibility:
Housing

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (9)

Submitted by:
Housing
Responsibility:
Housing

Correspondence (No Business)

Planning

Questions

Qu (18)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
Eoin Burke

"To ask the Chief Executive if he would update members on his dealings since the January meeting with enforcement proceedings in respect of the mast at Sylvan Drive; will he give details of contacts he has made and make a statement"

Qu (19)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
Jason Frehill

"To ask the Chief Executive if he would confirm his committment to the provision of a Heritage Centre in Tallaght; will he detail plans to conduct a feasability study into the development of a Heritage Centre in Tallaght noting that €50,000 has been provided in the Council's 3 year Capital Programme and will he appreciate the support which exists that such consideration include the Katherine Tynan site in Ballymount and will he make a statement"

Qu (20)

Submitted by:
Councillor K. Mahon
Responsibility:
Eoin Burke

"Can the Chief Executive please update on the situation with the Telecommunications mast installed at Kingswood Tennis Courts in Tallaght?"

Headed Items

H-I (17)

Submitted by:
Planning
Responsibility:
Planning

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (10)

Submitted by:
Planning
Responsibility:
Planning

Correspondence (No Business)

Motions

Mot (7)

Submitted by:
Councillor T. Costello
Responsibility:
Eoin Burke

To ask the Chief Executive to discuss the granting of Section 254 Licence Application Ref No. S25419/08 in Tymon North. I also would like to ask the manager what factors are taken into consideration when not granting a licence to such applications, is proximity to housing / green spaces taken into consideration.

Mot (8)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Duff
Responsibility:
Eoin Burke

"Understanding that S254 Licence Applications in 2019 and 2020 were not subject to publication in the Weekly Planning lists and acknowledging that such Applications do not require a Site Notice or consultation with local Councillors or Community and accepting that the only recourse for a local Community who object to a S254 Licence grant is to object to such granting of a Licence to An Bord Pleanala, will the Manager explain how factual verification was carried out of the information contained in an Application for a S254 Licence, S25419/08 with reference to the statements made in the Application Form from Jason Redmond and Associates on behalf of Cignal Infrastructure Ltd in relation to a Telecommunications Mast to be located at Tymon North Road. The Application states that Tymon North is a "known blackspot for mobile and wireless broadband" Who identified the area as a "known blackspot"? Was this statement verified by SDCC with other Broadband suppliers? The Application claims that the current installation in Greenhills Industrial Park is "compromised due to the developement of High Buildings in the Industrial Estate, yet makes no reference to which buildings are obstructing the service, other than Amazon, which is not in line of sight of Tymon North. The Application states and names other sites within the Industrial Estate that would be suitable but owners did not respond or not are not interested! Was this statement taken on face value or was it verified by SDCC Planning Dept? The Application states that the location in Tymon North is the most suitable site to send the signal to Tymon North and Greenhills Industrial Park yet does not give any explanation as to how the signal will reach into the Industrial Park from the street level in Tymon North, past the "High Buildings" which block the signal to the Industrial Park, in the first instance? At the location proposed in the Application for Tymon North Road, approx ten metres from the site, on the opposite side of Tymon North Road, there is a ESB Networks large Utility Box, which because of the alarming amount of Anti Social behaviour at that site, made known to both Garda and SDCC, on numerous occasions, had to be retrofitted with a "pyramid" fitting to the top of the box to prevent damage due to climbing on to the top of the box. This Application states that an Operator Cabinet will be located beside the mast. Will the Chief Executive indicate if any consultations were made with the SDCC Anti Social officers regarding this location and what provision, if any was made to ensure that this "Operator Cabinet (Utility Box) would be become a focal point for Anti Social behaviour, as in the case of its near neighbour?"

Mot (9)

Submitted by:
Councillor T. Costello
Responsibility:
Eoin Burke

"Can I get details of all approved Section 254 Licence Applications for 2020 and 2021 and details of any applications currently being processed with details of planned locations"

Transportation

Questions

Qu (21)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. Dunne
Responsibility:
William Purcell

"To ask the Chief Executive how many proposals has been received for the 2021 proposals for ramps in the Tallaght South Area and what areas are being considered? When does the Manager expect these applications to come before the Area Committee for agreement?"

Qu (22)

Submitted by:
Councillor K. Mahon
Responsibility:
William Purcell

"Can management look at the road markings approaching the Glenview/ N81 roundabout from the Main Road side? Current road markings are unclear. Better direction is needed on which lane to use while approaching Avonmore and Seskin View Rds. Vehicles turning right and entering the roundabout in the right hand lane are essentially forced to cross a continuous white line and one or two lanes of traffic to turn right at Avonmore. Continuity of the arrows or location markings painted in the lanes approaching the roundabout would help."

Qu (23)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
John Coughlan

"To ask the Chief Executive to confirm when he now expects the new link road from Cookstown Industrial Estate to be completed and open for use and will he present an update in the matter."

Qu (24)

Submitted by:
Councillor Liam Sinclair
Responsibility:
John Coughlan

"Are there plans to install sensitive lights on the new pedestrian bridge at Bolbrook? Those like at the larger red bridge up stream. The pathways are lit but the bridge is wide and screened by tall trees on both sides, so for solo walkers, runners or cyclists at night, a limited number of sensitive lights on the bridge would make it much more usable during the dark evenings and Winter months"

Qu (25)

Submitted by:
Councillor Liam Sinclair
Responsibility:
John Coughlan

"For the Chief Executive to confirm what plans are in place to improve the aging, basic boundary for Dodder Riverbank Park on the Avonmore road? And if none are in place to add this to the works list"

Headed Items

H-I (18)

Submitted by:
Tony O Grady
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

2021 Roadworks, Footpath and Cycle track Programme

H-I (19)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Transportation

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (11)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Transportation

Correspondence (No Business)

A-Z of All Services