Coucnil Banner Image

Council Meetings

9th February 2021 Rathfarnham/Templeogue/Firhouse/Bohernabreena Area Committee Meeting Agenda


Date:
09/02/2021 15:00
Location:
Virtual Meeting

Headed Items

H-I (1)

Submitted by:
LAC Meeting Administration
Responsibility:
Mary Maguire

Confirmation and Re-affirmation of Minutes of RTFB ACM held on 12th January 2021

Libraries & Arts

Questions

Qu (1)

Submitted by:
Councillor Carly Bailey
Responsibility:
Bernadette Fennell

To ask the Chief Executive would he consider providing a local library for the Greenhills, Perrystown, Templogue area of SDCC.

Correspondence

Cor (1)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (2)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts

NEW WORKS (No Business)

H-I (3)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts

Application for Arts Grants - (NO BUSINESS)

H-I (4)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Bernadette Fennell

Library News & Events

Economic Development

Questions

Qu (2)

Submitted by:
Councillor Carly Bailey
Responsibility:
Thomas Rooney

To ask the Chief Executive to outline supports that are available to local businesses through this Local Authority in order to help them continue to trade, operate and employ workers throughout this global pandemic.

Correspondence

Cor (2)

Submitted by:
Economic Development
Responsibility:
Economic Development

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (5)

Submitted by:
Economic Development
Responsibility:
Economic Development

New Works (No Business)

Performance & Change Management

Correspondence

Cor (3)

Submitted by:
Performance & Change Management
Responsibility:
Performance & Change Management

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (6)

Submitted by:
Performance & Change Management
Responsibility:
Performance & Change Management

New Works (No Business)

Corporate Support

Correspondence

Cor (4)

Submitted by:
Corporate Support
Responsibility:
Corporate Support

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (7)

Submitted by:
Corporate Support
Responsibility:
Corporate Support

New Works (No Business)

Motions

Mot (1)

Submitted by:
Councillor D. O'Donovan
Responsibility:
Sheila Kelly

That the Chief Executive engages with TII or the relevant body to have the trees along St. Colmcilles Way, backing onto Orlagh Park cut back as they are causing enormous issues for local residents.

Water & Drainage

Questions

Qu (3)

Submitted by:
Councillor David McManus
Responsibility:
Derek Sargent

To ask the Chief Executive to please replace a 3 metre section of fence opposite "Address Provided" that prevents access to the river? Residents believe that contractors acting on behalf of the Council removed part of the fence while dredging the river.

Correspondence

Cor (5)

Submitted by:
Water & Drainage
Responsibility:
Water & Drainage

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (8)

Submitted by:
Water & Drainage
Responsibility:
Water & Drainage

New Works (No Business)

Public Realm

Questions

Qu (4)

Submitted by:
Councillor Carly Bailey
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

To ask the Chief Executive for an update on when the piece of equipment due to be installed at the playspace in Greenhills park will take place. Can you please advise as to what this will be replaced with also? The wobble board was set alight in December 2019, over a year ago at this stage and the community would be grateful to have the playspace back to full capacity.

 

Qu (5)

Submitted by:
Councillor Yvonne Collins
Responsibility:
Laurence Colleran

To ask the Chief Executive for an update in relation to the teenspace proposed for Templeogue and what it is envisaged that the teenspace shall include.

Qu (6)

Submitted by:
Councillor Yvonne Collins
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

To ask the Chief Executive to identify possible locations in this Local Electoral Area where biodiversity meadows/areas could be planted.

Correspondence

Cor (6)

Submitted by:
Public Realm
Responsibility:
Public Realm

Correspondence(No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (9)

Submitted by:
Public Realm
Responsibility:
Public Realm

New Works (No Business)

Motions

Mot (2)

Submitted by:
Councillor Carly Bailey
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

That this committee requests that South Dublin County Council supports the residents of Cherryfield and Beechfield who wish to find a permanent solution for the ongoing graffiti that continues to occur at the Pavillion building in Beechfield Park. The Residents Association have been advised that painting over the graffiti is not an option, due to the blockwork type. It is also clear that even if they could, it would not discourage further graffiti. Indeed, it might even encourage it. We therefore request that the building be legitimately given over to local street artists who can create a piece or pieces of street art that will promote community, minding your mental health and empowerment. This could also help discourage others from tagging the wall in future.

 

 

Mot (3)

Submitted by:
Councillor Alan Edge
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

That the Chief Executive agrees that given the ongoing problem of Anti-Social Behaviour at the new playground in Carrigwood, to recommend cutting back the hedging between it and the road to afford greater passive surveillance.

 

 

Mot (4)

Submitted by:
Councillor David McManus
Responsibility:
Suzanne Furlong

That this Area Committee requests that Council Management engage with Bolton Park Residents to take over management of a small playground within their new estate as a means of resolving public liability insurance, that they are unable to secure.

Mot (5)

Submitted by:
Councillor D. O'Donovan
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

That the Chief Executive agrees to the have area of green scrub adjacent to "Address Provided" cleared so that it may be properly maintained by the local RA. This area is a magnet for drug use and illegal dumping.

Mot (6)

Submitted by:
Councillor E. Murphy
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

That the Chief Executive agrees to urgently repair the pedestrian bridge on Edmondstown Road - there is significant damage to the bridge and is in need of repair.

Mot (7)

Submitted by:
Councillor Alan Edge
Responsibility:
Suzanne Furlong

That in accordance with the wishes of local schools and the aim of the Sports Pitch Strategy to ensure maximum flexibility, the new pitch at Mount Carmel will have portable goals to ensure its suitability for multiple sports.

 

 

Mot (8)

Submitted by:
Councillor E. Murphy
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

That the Chief Executive please provides a report on the Big Belly Solar Bin project which was conducted in Rathfarnham?

Environment

Correspondence

Cor (7)

Submitted by:
Environment
Responsibility:
Environment

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (10)

Submitted by:
Environment
Responsibility:
Environment

New Works (No Business)

H-I (11)

Submitted by:
Michael McAdam
Responsibility:
Michael McAdam

Bi-annually Report on Litter Management Plan

Motions

Mot (9)

Submitted by:
Councillor Alan Edge
Responsibility:
Michael McAdam

That the Chief Executive asks all waste removal contractors to take great care not to drive on footpaths and verges within the estates in this Area.

Mot (10)

Submitted by:
Councillor Alan Edge
Responsibility:
Michael McAdam

That the Chief Executive gives serious consideration to providing temporary additional measures such as cameras to catch and prosecute offenders, given that fly-tipping has become endemic in Glenasmole during the lockdown, particularly in Piperstown and the stretch from Cunard Lane to the Military Rd.

Community

Correspondence

Cor (8)

Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
Community

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (12)

Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
Community

New Works (No Business)

H-I (13)

Submitted by:
Brian Carroll
Responsibility:
Cathy Purdy Fitzgerald

Deputations for Noting - NO BUSINESS

Housing

Questions

Qu (7)

Submitted by:
Councillor E. Murphy
Responsibility:
Neil Hanly

To ask the Chief Executive to please detail how many voids came back into the housing stock in 2020 in Firhouse Bohernabreena LEA?

Correspondence

Cor (9)

Submitted by:
Housing
Responsibility:
Housing

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (14)

Submitted by:
Housing
Responsibility:
Housing

New Works (No Business)

H-I (15)

Submitted by:
Marguerite Staunton
Responsibility:
Marguerite Staunton

Housing Supply Programme Quarterly Report

Planning

Questions

Qu (8)

Submitted by:
Councillor Carly Bailey
Responsibility:
Hazel Craigie

To ask the Chief Executive to outline what village status is, if (and if so, why) villages receive greater funding and resources that other areas and how village status is determined. Can the Chief Executive please confirm the status of the areas of Orwell, Perrystown, Greenhills, Firhouse and Knocklyon?

Qu (9)

Submitted by:
Councillor Carly Bailey
Responsibility:
Eoin Burke

To ask the Chief Executive what happens where planning permission has been granted, which has been upheld by An Bord Pleanála but where the land owner has rescinded permission for use of their property. Does this void the permission? In this instane, I refer to the recent granting of permission to install a 24m telecommunications mast behind houses at St. James Road, Greenhills, in the Greenhills Industrial Estate.

Correspondence

Cor (10)

Submitted by:
Planning
Responsibility:
Planning

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (16)

Submitted by:
Planning
Responsibility:
Planning

New Works (No Business)

Motions

Mot (11)

Submitted by:
Councillor D. O'Donovan
Responsibility:
Eoin Burke

That the Chief Executive reports on the current planning permission C2SD19A/0088, especially in relation to traffic restrictions and the boundaries with neighbouring estates.

Transportation

Questions

Qu (10)

Submitted by:
Councillor Carly Bailey
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

To ask the Chief Executive for an update of grass verges that have been damaged in the Rathfarnham-Templeogue LEA and to ask how and when these verges will be repaired and what measures will be put in place to prevent such damage recurring.

Qu (11)

Submitted by:
Councillor Yvonne Collins
Responsibility:
Caitriona Lambert

That the Chief Executive would consider removing lamp post number 2 in Church Lane in Rathfarnham as it is choked with ivy and is inoperative and has been so for some time, and to replace it with a more traditional style of lamp post, like those in Rathfarnham village. At present, the lighting in the laneway is very poor and residents can be uneasy traversing the laneway after dark on their own.

Qu (12)

Submitted by:
Councillor B. Lawlor
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

To ask the Chief Executive to repaint school markings on Firhouse road outside Scoil Carmel fading badly on one side.

Qu (13)

Submitted by:
Councillor D. O'Donovan
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

To ask the Chief Executive to include the Cremorne Estate, Knocklyon in the next Footpath Repair Programme.

Correspondence

Cor (11)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Transportation

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (17)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Transportation

New Works (No Business)

H-I (18)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Transportation

Proposed Declaration of Roads to be Public Roads - NO BUSINESS

H-I (19)

Submitted by:
Tony O Grady
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

2021 Roadworks, Footpath and Cycle track Programme.

 

Motions

Mot (12)

Submitted by:
Councillor David McManus
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

That this Area Committee requests that a public wall is built higher to prevent access to the Owendoher River on Ballyboden Road near the Fairbrook House properties. Anti social behaviour and littering is occuring on the riverbank as young kids are gaining access over a small wall and using the river in a dangerous way for jumping or diving. I have attached a photo of the precise location.

Mot (13)

Submitted by:
Councillor Yvonne Collins
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

That the Chief Executive takes steps to deal with the problem of run off water seeping from the wall at Tournville in Rathfarnham out onto the path and roadway at Woodview Cottage Green as per attached photos, and rendering the pathway, in particular, lethal for pedestrians in icy weather.

Mot (14)

Submitted by:
Councillor D. O'Donovan
Responsibility:
Mbakure Johnson

That the Chief Executive installs a pedestrian barrier at the traffic lights on the Knocklyon Road close to the entrance to upper Dargle Wood, opposite the footpath down to Supervalu.

Mot (15)

Submitted by:
Councillor E. Murphy
Responsibility:
William Purcell

That the Chief Executive addresses the issues surrounding increased footfall, traffic and parking at rural hotspots in our mountain communities particularly at the Massys Wood, O'Callaghans Bridge and the Hellfire Club.

A-Z of All Services