Coucnil Banner Image

Council Meetings

23rd February 2021 Virtual Lucan/Palmerstown/North Clondalkin Area Committee Meeting Agenda


Date:
23/02/2021 15:00
Location:
Virtual Meeting

Headed Items

H-I (1)

Submitted by:
LAC Meeting Administration
Responsibility:
Laura Leonard

Confirmation and Re-Affirmation of Minutes of January Lucan Palmerstown North Clondalkin ACM

Public Realm

Questions

Qu (1)

Submitted by:
Councillor V. Casserly
Responsibility:
David Fennell,Laurence Colleran

To ask manager for an update on the sensory friendly garden as I previously motioned for Griffeen Park

Qu (2)

Submitted by:
Councillor Alan Hayes
Responsibility:
Joseph Bockarie,Leo Magee

To ask the Chief Executive to provide a schedule of proposed roadside gulley cleaning and jetting in tabular form, indicating the locations and indicative times of such jetting in 2021 across the Palmerstown, North Clondalkin and Lucan areas.

Qu (3)

Submitted by:
Councillor Alan Hayes
Responsibility:
David Fennell

To ask the Chief Executive if works to reposition the GAA pitch in Glenaulin park, nearest Gurteen Road, have taken place yet and if not, is there a revised timeframe for this work?

Qu (4)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Johansson
Responsibility:
David Fennell

To ask the Chief Executive when the new dog run in Collinstown Park is expected to be completed?

Qu (5)

Submitted by:
Councillor E. O'Brien
Responsibility:
David Fennell

To ask the Chief Executive for an update on the installation of automated gates at the Haydens Park entrance to Griffeen Valley Park

Qu (6)

Submitted by:
Councillor E. O'Brien
Responsibility:
David Fennell

To ask the Chief Executive to examine the location sign/map at the Elmbrook entrance to Willsbrook Park as it needs to be replaced as it is both out of date and completely vandalised

Qu (7)

Submitted by:
Councillor G. O'Connell
Responsibility:
David Fennell

To ask the Chief Executive can the material in the Notice Boards in Glenaulin Park be restored and if possible a more vandal resistant perplex be used so as to try and deter vandals.

Qu (8)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
Laurence Colleran,Sean Redmond

To ask the Chief Executive Officer for an update on the works needed to complete the wall ball at Griffeen Park Newcastle road. This amenity is very popular and the basketball nets are been well used, as previously advised the wall ball use is restricted by the basketball net. If there are diagrams / pictures available to accompany this report it would be appreciated as it's difficult to explain to the public what still needs to be done.

Correspondence

Cor (1)

Submitted by:
Public Realm
Responsibility:
Public Realm

Correspondence(No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (2)

Submitted by:
Public Realm
Responsibility:
Public Realm

New Works (No Business)

H-I (3)

Submitted by:
Public Realm
Responsibility:
Maire Ni Dhomhnaill

Tree Maintenance Update

Motions

Mot (1)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
David Fennell

This Committee requests the Chief Executive to examine the introduction of a solar bin for the Lucan area. Given that a pilot scheme has been completed and reported on and a rollout of the solar bins countywide hasn't yet been included in future budgets, the members ask that consideration is given to install one in a location that has been identified as a litter hotspot to see if it has benefits to the area.

Motion not reached in Jan meeting

Mot (2)

Submitted by:
Councillor P. Gogarty
Responsibility:
David Fennell,Maire Ni Dhomhnaill

That the Chief Executive moves to sort out issues caused by the demolition of the wall between Hermitage Green and Ballyowen View, as well as the need to prune/thin out the related heavy tree cover in the vicinity.

Motion not reached in Jan Meeting

Mot (3)

Submitted by:
Councillor Derren Ó Brádaigh
Responsibility:
David Fennell

That this committee commends the work that St. Bernadette's School in Quarryvale in landscaping their grounds - furthermore, that the council agrees in consultation with the school to landscape the area from the roundabout on the Coldcut Road to the entrance of the school.

Mot (4)

Submitted by:
Councillor G. O'Connell
Responsibility:
David Fennell

To ask the Chief Executive can the hedgerow beside the footpath from the bridge over the M50 to Palmerstown Woods be put on the current works programme. It is very overgrown and practically impossible to use

Mot (5)

Submitted by:
Councillor Shane Moynihan,Councillor V. Casserly
Responsibility:
David Fennell

To ask the Chief Executive to undertake remediation works in Ballyowen Park to prevent flooding in parts of the park and improve drainage

Mot (6)

Submitted by:
Councillor Derren Ó Brádaigh
Responsibility:
Joseph Bockarie,Leo Magee

That this committee agrees that the area/road beside Lucan Community National School is placed on a routine roadsweep/litter pick schedule.

Mot (7)

Submitted by:
Councillor P. Gogarty
Responsibility:
David Fennell

That the Chief Executive examines and rectifies drainage issues in Griffeen Valley Park Dog Park so as to facilitate better usage during winter periods; that this would include a non-slip pathway of suitable material around the perimeter and the addition of further benches; and if a statement can be made on the matter.

Mot (8)

Submitted by:
Councillor Shane Moynihan
Responsibility:
David Fennell

To ask the Chief Executive to undertake a minor programme of works in Cluain Rí Park on Ballyowen Lane, including repair and strengthening of the entrance gate, slants to be placed on adjacent junction boxes on the R136 and public lighting in the park.

Housing

Questions

Qu (9)

Submitted by:
Councillor Shane Moynihan
Responsibility:
Neil Hanly

To ask the Chief Executive as to when the new houses at Palmerstown Avenue (between Palmerstown Avenue and the Oval) are to be occupied and if he will make a statement on the matter.

Qu (10)

Submitted by:
Councillor Shane Moynihan
Responsibility:
Neil Hanly

To ask the Chief Executive for the number in tabular form, of all persons who are receiving social housing support from SDCC, through HAP, RAS, renting from the Council, and on the social housing waiting list for each month from January 2019 to January 2021, categorised by local electoral area.

Qu (11)

Submitted by:
Councillor Derren Ó Brádaigh
Responsibility:
Marguerite Staunton

To ask the Chief Executive to provide a report of all Part 8's planned for the Lucan-Palmerstown-North Clondalkin Area and the timeframe for these to be delivered.

Correspondence

Cor (2)

Submitted by:
Housing
Responsibility:
Housing

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (4)

Submitted by:
Housing
Responsibility:
Housing

New Works (No Business)

H-I (5)

Submitted by:
Housing Administration
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech

Lucan ASB Quarterly Report

H-I (6)

Submitted by:
Housing Administration
Responsibility:
Marguerite Staunton

Housing Supply Report

Motions

Mot (9)

Submitted by:
Councillor Derren Ó Brádaigh
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech

To call on this committee in having recognised the many ongoing challenges facing residents in Balgaddy and in acknowledging the need for joined up initiatives, agree now to develop a cross departmental high level task force, encouraging and including residents, Gardai and other relevant stakeholders, so that all issues in Balgaddy can be dealt with holistically and with community collaboration.

Mot (10)

Submitted by:
Councillor P. Gogarty
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech

That the Chief Executive outlines plans to upgrade security for the mainly older residents of Sarsfield Close, The Square Lucan, given ongoing problems with drug taking in the stairwells and surrounds and related intimidation by individuals from outside the area, including lockable metal gates suitable for buildings of that age; acknowledging that even after multiple successful Garda interventions that tackled several different groups, such activities are likely to happen again in the future given the shelter provided by the stairwells and multiple escape routes available; and if a statement can be made on the matter.

Community

Questions

Qu (12)

Submitted by:
Councillor Shane Moynihan
Responsibility:
Paul McAlerney

To ask the Chief Executive for the latest report on the activities of Ballyowen Community Centre, date of its last AGM and the membership of its board and if it will make a statement on the matter.

Qu (13)

Submitted by:
Councillor Shane Moynihan
Responsibility:
Ciaran Farrelly

To ask the Chief Executive as to how many applications to the Sports Capital Programme SDCC will be supporting, submitting or partnering on this year.

Correspondence

Cor (3)

Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
Community

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (7)

Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
Community

New Works (No Business)

H-I (8)

Submitted by:
Brian Carroll
Responsibility:
Brian Leonard

Deputations for Noting (No Reports)

H-I (9)

Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
Cathy Purdy Fitzgerald

Comhairle na nÓg Report January 2021

Motions

Mot (11)

Submitted by:
Councillor Derren Ó Brádaigh
Responsibility:
Paul McAlerney

This Committee agrees that the decision to hand over the two community centres in North Clondalkin to SDC Partnership be deferred and that no changes should take place before there is real consultation and discussion with the community, users of the centres and local organisations including a full briefing of local councillors. Information needs to be provided on what activities the Partnership proposes to carry out in the centres and the impact this may have on other groups, organisations, services, and the wider community in North Clondalkin

Mot (12)

Submitted by:
Councillor G. O'Connell
Responsibility:
Paul McAlerney

To compliment the Community Section Staff for the wonderful work they do across the Lucan Palmerstown North Clondalkin area and to ask the Chief Executive for a report on the number of Community Centres in this LAC and to include a summary of the support provided by SDCC and the challenges Covid-19 poses.

Move and Re-enter

 

Libraries & Arts

Correspondence

Cor (4)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (10)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts

NEW WORKS (No Business)

H-I (11)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Bernadette Fennell

Library News & Events

H-I (12)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Orla Scannell

Application for Arts Grants (No Business)

Economic Development

Questions

Qu (14)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
Laura Leonard

 This committee discussed a motion on ROW at St Edmundsbury landsin a previous meeting and it was agreed to look into the process in implementing ROW passage. To ask Chief Executive to provide the members with the details of this process.

Correspondence

Cor (5)

Submitted by:
Economic Development
Responsibility:
Economic Development

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (13)

Submitted by:
Economic Development
Responsibility:
Economic Development

New Works (No Business)

Performance & Change Management

Correspondence

Cor (6)

Submitted by:
Performance & Change Management
Responsibility:
Performance & Change Management

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (14)

Submitted by:
Performance & Change Management
Responsibility:
Performance & Change Management

New Works (No Business)

Corporate Support

Correspondence

Cor (7)

Submitted by:
Corporate Support
Responsibility:
Corporate Support

Cor 4 (A) Letter to NTA disabled parking Adamstown Station 

Cor 4 (B) Reply NTA disabled Parking Adamstown Station

Headed Items

H-I (15)

Submitted by:
Corporate Support
Responsibility:
Corporate Support

New Works (No Business)

Motions

Mot (13)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
Colin Clarke,John Coughlan

To ask the Chief Executive if SDCC will explore possibilities of creating a new entrance to the new Lucan United all-weather pith facility from TUBBER lane into the pitch, considering their plans to upgrade the road at this location.

Move and Re-enter

Mot (14)

Submitted by:
Councillor Joanna Tuffy
Responsibility:
Brenda Pierce

To ask the Chief Executive Officer for an update on the plans for enhancement of Lucan Village

Move and Re-Enter

Mot (15)

Submitted by:
Councillor Alan Hayes
Responsibility:
Sheila Kelly

That this area committee requests the Chief Executive to write to all known licenced bus operators, public and private, in the areas of this committee, to request they remind their drivers of the increase in vulnerable road users like pedestrians and cyclists during the covid pandemic and to ensure they give them space, particularly as many children are using this time of reduced traffic to learn to cycle on the road network.

Moved without Debate

Water & Drainage

Correspondence

Cor (8)

Submitted by:
Water & Drainage
Responsibility:
Water & Drainage

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (16)

Submitted by:
Water & Drainage
Responsibility:
Water & Drainage

New Works (No Business)

Motions

Mot (16)

Submitted by:
Councillor P. Gogarty
Responsibility:
Derek Sargent

That the Chief Executive schedules works to be carried out to remove river waste and sediment that has collected beside and reduced the capacity of river culverts in Griffeen Valley Park near areas that flooded in the past prior to remedial works being carried; with rainfall levels increasing due to climate change, lower footpaths regularly unusable and lamp posts in the park close to being under water, these measures appear necessary to avoid unnecessary flood risks.

Moved without Debate

Mot (17)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
Chris Galvin,Derek Sargent

This committee asks the Chief Executive to report to the members what works were carried out following the floods in November 2020 as part of the flood alleviation along the river Griffeen. This area has been continuously subjected to flooding over sometime and more recently the flooded areas have increased and many park users have taken to sharing these flooded areas online or directly with me. The footbridge in the park on Hayden's lane was full of water under neath resembling what looked like a river running under it. Given that there's plans to construct ICW's along the Griffeen park, could the management confirm of the recent floods will be resolved when the ICW's are completed. To also ask if management could indicate if Griffeen park will have attenuation tanks installed, and to indicate once again how many are planned for the Griffeen extension, given that a new major link road is to be built through the park. Photos/videos included.

Move and Re-enter

Environment

Questions

Qu (15)

Submitted by:
Councillor Alan Hayes
Responsibility:
Michael McAdam

To ask the Chief Executive if all reports of illegal dumping are inspected by the litter warden before being referred to the the relevant depot for removal? In some instances, there is a period of several days between reporting and removal and in residential areas this is less than optimal given the potential health hazards and unsightliness near people's homes.

Qu (16)

Submitted by:
Councillor Derren Ó Brádaigh
Responsibility:
Michael McAdam

To ask the chief executive for a report in tabular form for the number of fines issued by the litter warden in 2020 for illegal dumping / littering - broken down for Lucan, Palmerstown and North Clondalkin and how these figures compare with the previous year/s

Correspondence

Cor (9)

Submitted by:
Environment
Responsibility:
Environment

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (17)

Submitted by:
Environment
Responsibility:
Environment

New Works (No Business)

H-I (18)

Submitted by:
Environment
Responsibility:
Brenda Shannon

Litter Management Plan

Motions

Mot (18)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
Michael McAdam

This committee requests Chief Executive to re-examine the area around the Griffeen shopping centre as a number of people have raised the matter of increase litter around the shops and along the main roads outside of the centre. Included in this motion is copy of a motion I raised in 2016 where same issue was brought to the attention of council management.

Moved without Debate

Planning

Questions

Qu (17)

Submitted by:
Councillor E. O'Brien
Responsibility:
Eoin Burke,Irenie McLoughlin

To ask the Chief Executive Officer to update this area committee on the agreed conservation efforts in relation to King John's Bridge in Lucan and in particular to update timelines in relation to this conservation work and to make a statement.

Qu (18)

Submitted by:
Councillor E. O'Brien
Responsibility:
Jason Frehill

To ask the Chief Executive Officer for an update on the projected opening of Kishogue railway station and in particular to outline if there are any actions outstanding at County Council level to facilitate the opening of the station and what contact there has been with TII/Irish Rail to ensure the timely opening of the station.

Qu (19)

Submitted by:
Councillor G. O'Connell
Responsibility:
Eoin Burke

To ask can the Chief Executive provide a progress report on the proposed apartments on the Old Lucan Road and include, if possible, a schedule for their development?

Correspondence

Cor (10)

Submitted by:
Planning
Responsibility:
Planning

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (19)

Submitted by:
Planning
Responsibility:
Planning

New Works (No Business)

Motions

Mot (19)

Submitted by:
Councillor Shane Moynihan
Responsibility:
Mary Maguire

That this Area Committee calls for the development of a Placenames Guide for areas in Lucan and Palmerstown-Fonthill, describing the names of various townlands (and how they got their names) and also housing estates (and where their names originate from), as a guide to educating communities about the history of their area.

Moved without Debate

Transportation

Questions

Qu (20)

Submitted by:
Councillor P. Gogarty
Responsibility:
William Purcell

To ask the Chief Executive for an update on proposals discussed at a recent Traffic Management meeting where it was agreed to look further at providing equidistant flexible poles adjacent to the kerbside along the pathway at the lay-by beside St Joseph's College to prevent vehicles from parking up on the footpath and also allowing for social distancing by pedestrians accessing four local schools and a local church; and if a statement can be made on the matter?

Qu (21)

Submitted by:
Councillor Alan Hayes
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

To ask the chief executive if footpaths on Lucan main street, from Coffee Works up to the bridge are being considered for repair given the poor state of same, and to ask when such works will be progressed.

Qu (22)

Submitted by:
Councillor Alan Hayes
Responsibility:
Ally Menary

To ask the chief executive for an update on the school street projects in Palmerstown and North Clondalkin. Have initial consultations taken place with the respective school management and is the project still on target for implementation by September 2021.

Qu (23)

Submitted by:
Councillor Derren Ó Brádaigh
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

To ask the manger when the footpath upgrade works in Greenfort will be completed. They started last year but the contractor didn't finish the area?

Qu (24)

Submitted by:
Councillor G. O'Connell
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

To ask the Chief Executive can the laneway to the rear of Manor Road be put on the maintenance list as there are some parts are very uneven and in a dangerous condition.

Qu (25)

Submitted by:
Councillor Joanna Tuffy
Responsibility:
Mary Maguire

To ask the Chief Executive Officer for an update on the street furniture licence applications for Lucan Electoral Area and if there are any plans to promote this further in the area

Correspondence

Cor (11)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Transportation

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (20)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Transportation

New Works (No Business)

H-I (21)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
William Purcell

Proposed Declaration of Roads to be Public Roads (No Business)

H-I (22)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

2021 Roadworks, Footpath and Cycle track Programme.

Motions

Mot (20)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
John Coughlan

This committee requests the Chief Executive to provide the members with an updated report on the agreed gap at this location to be improved and upgraded and re located in the last term. This issue I've been raising for some years now on behalf of both residents.

Please see below last correspondence on this.

COMHAIRLE CONTAE ÁTHA CLIATH THEAS SOUTH DUBLIN COUNTY COUNCIL South Dublin County Council Crest MEETING OF LUCAN AREA COMMITTEE Tuesday, May 22, 2018 MOTION NO. 5 MOTION: Councillor L. O'Toole "Further to my previous question (item 57946) regarding the design of a new gap between both Paddocks and Hillcrest, this Area Committee requests Chief Executive to advise how an application can be prepared and to make plans to consult with members of both residents association to carry out a public consultation."

REPORT: The provision of a link between The Paddocks and Hillcrest would be an ideal location to consider a permeability project. Contact will be made with the Roads Design and Construction Section about applying to the NTA for funding for this scheme.

Move and Re-enter

Mot (21)

Submitted by:
Councillor P. Gogarty
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

That the Chief Executive reports on the updated situation regarding the wall breach delay at Lucan Demesne adjoining lands owned by the Italian state.

Move and Re-enter

Mot (22)

Submitted by:
Councillor Shane Moynihan
Responsibility:
Caitriona Lambert

That the Area Committee write to ESB Networks to ask them to activate the street lights at the Woodfarm Acres entrance but which are sited in the ESB sub-station grounds.

Moved without Debate

Mot (23)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Johansson
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

That the Chief Executive produce a report for the area committee on the possibility of providing a footpath on the eastern side of the Fonthill Rd from bus stop No 2680 at Kavanagh's Garage to the junction of Fonthill Rd, Castle Rd/Ramp Road.

Moved without Debate

Mot (24)

Submitted by:
Councillor Shane Moynihan
Responsibility:
Caitriona Lambert

To ask the Chief Executive as to what progress has been made with regard to the proposed inclusion of bottle banks as part of the Neilstown District Centre Enhancement Programme?

Moved without Debate

A-Z of All Services