Coucnil Banner Image

Council Meetings

March 2021 Rathfarnham/Templeogue/Firhouse/Bohernabreena Area Committee Meeting Agenda


Date:
09/03/2021 15:00
Location:
Virtual Meeting

Headed Items

H-I (1)

Submitted by:
LAC Meeting Administration
Responsibility:
Mary Maguire

Confirmation and Re-affirmation of Minutes of Meeting of 9/2/2021

Corporate Support

Questions

Qu (1)

Submitted by:
Councillor E. Murphy
Responsibility:
Niall Noonan

To ask that the Council please provide a report on the projects which were selected under the 300k Have Your Say for Firhouse Bohernabreena last year? Can details please be given on the progress of each project.

Correspondence

Cor (1)

Submitted by:
Corporate Support
Responsibility:
Corporate Support

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (2)

Submitted by:
Corporate Support
Responsibility:
Corporate Support

New Works (No Business)

Performance & Change Management

Correspondence

Cor (2)

Submitted by:
Performance & Change Management
Responsibility:
Performance & Change Management

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (3)

Submitted by:
Performance & Change Management
Responsibility:
Performance & Change Management

New Works (No Business)

Public Realm

Questions

Qu (2)

Submitted by:
Councillor Carly Bailey
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

To ask the Manager for an update on biodiversity plans for both Greenhills and Beechfield Park, Dublin 12.

Qu (3)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. Donaghy
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

To ask the Chief Executive to outline a timeline for the removal of 'kissing gates' from the parks and public spaces in Rathfarnham-Templeogue and Firhouse-Bohernabreena? New powers have been made available to An Garda Siochana to enforce the law on scramblers in public spaces, which changes the case for retention of kissing gates. As long as kissing gates remain in place, our excellent public spaces are less accessible to other residents, including wheelchair users, prams and bicycle users.

Qu (4)

Submitted by:
Councillor B. Lawlor
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

To ask the Chief Executive to repair/replace broken park seats in Ballycragh Park

 

Qu (5)

Submitted by:
Councillor David McManus
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

To ask the Chief Executive that a large overgrown bush is heavily cut back on Glenbrook Park in Rathfarnham? The bush provides cover for anti social behaviour and illegal activity in the Summer months. A photo is attached.

 

Correspondence

Cor (3)

Submitted by:
Public Realm
Responsibility:
Public Realm

Correspondence(No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (4)

Submitted by:
Public Realm
Responsibility:
Public Realm

New Works (No Business)

Motions

Mot (1)

Submitted by:
Councillor Carly Bailey
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

That the Chief Executive agrees to put a biodiversity plan in place for Greenhills Park, in conjunction with local residents and environmental groups.

Mot (2)

Submitted by:
Councillor Alan Edge
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

That the Chief Executive trial social distancing 'keep left' directional signage / markings in a location such as Dodder Valley Park to ensure that Social distancing etiquette is maintained.

Mot (3)

Submitted by:
Councillor P. Kearns
Responsibility:
Leo Magee,Maire Ni Dhomhnaill

That this committee calls on the manager to remove the undergrowth at and provide a report on the condition of the large trees growing on the walkway beside St Michaels house.

 

Mot (4)

Submitted by:
Councillor David McManus
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

That this area committee requests that the walkway along the park between Aranleigh Gardens and Longwood Park is cleared of litter and waste and a dog fouling warning sign is installed.

 

Mot (5)

Submitted by:
Councillor D. O'Donovan
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

That the Manager engages with the residents of Mount Carmel Park in Firhouse to deal with the impact of increased numbers of visitors to the Weir, especially in light of continuing Level Five restrictions.

Mot (6)

Submitted by:
Councillor Alan Edge
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

That the Chief Executive agrees that the public green space on Oldcourt Lodge can be added to the maintenace schedule and that the overgrown hedges and shrubs are cut back before the season ends.

Mot (7)

Submitted by:
Councillor D. O'Donovan
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

That the Manager carries out an upgrade of Ballycragh Park, with particular attention paid to the benches therein, as they have been set on fire and vandalised and need to be repaired or replaced.

Environment

Questions

Qu (6)

Submitted by:
Councillor Yvonne Collins
Responsibility:
Darby Mullen

Noting that funding has been allocated as a pilot project to install Electric Vehicle charging facilities in the South Dublin County Council functional area, to ask the manager to install same at a number of suitable locations within this Local Electoral Area.

Correspondence

Cor (4)

Submitted by:
Environment
Responsibility:
Environment

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (5)

Submitted by:
Environment
Responsibility:
Environment

New Works (No Business)

Water & Drainage

Correspondence

Cor (5)

Submitted by:
Water & Drainage
Responsibility:
Water & Drainage

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (6)

Submitted by:
Water & Drainage
Responsibility:
Water & Drainage

New Works (No Business)

Motions

Mot (8)

Submitted by:
Councillor D. O'Donovan
Responsibility:
Derek Sargent

That the Manager engages with Irish Water to ensure a clean water supply for the residents of Scholarstown Park who have had issues with their water since the works commenced at the adjoining Liam Cosgrove site.

Housing

Questions

Qu (7)

Submitted by:
Councillor D. O'Donovan
Responsibility:
Neil Hanly

To ask the Manager how many social housing units there are in the RTFB Area and how many applications to downsize have been received in relation to same.

Correspondence

Cor (6)

Submitted by:
Housing
Responsibility:
Housing

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (7)

Submitted by:
Housing
Responsibility:
Housing

New Works (No Business)

Community

Correspondence

Cor (7)

Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
Community

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (8)

Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
Community

New Works (No Business)

H-I (9)

Submitted by:
Brian Carroll
Responsibility:
Brian Leonard

Deputations for Noting - NO BUSINESS

Transportation

Questions

Qu (8)

Submitted by:
Councillor David McManus
Responsibility:
William Purcell

To ask the Chief Executive to examine the junction of Anne Devlin Park and Marian Road in Rathfarnham to consider means of facilitating safer pedestrian access given the the number of schools in the area and traffic volumes on both roads?

 

Qu (9)

Submitted by:
Councillor D. O'Donovan
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

To ask the Manager when the footpath outside St. James, beside 2 Knocklyon Road will be repaired? There have been a number of serious trips and falls along this stretch of path and it is imperative that it is fixed as a matter of urgency.

Qu (10)

Submitted by:
Councillor Yvonne Collins
Responsibility:
Caitriona Lambert

To ask the Chief Executive for an update as regards the works proposed at or near Rosemount Shopping Centre in Rathfarnham pursuant to the District Enhancement Scheme.

Qu (11)

Submitted by:
Councillor Yvonne Collins
Responsibility:
William Purcell

To ask the Chief Executive when the Stonepark Abbey estate in Rathfarnham was taken in charge, did this include the wall at the green between Stonepark Abbey and Ely Square and would replacing the wall with railings require planning permission from South Dublin Council?

Correspondence

Cor (8)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Transportation

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (10)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Transportation

New Works (No Business)

H-I (11)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Ronan Carroll

Dodder Greenway – Lower Dodder Road Part 8 proposal

H-I (12)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
William Purcell

D12 Bike / Bus Route

H-I (13)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Jennifer McGrath

Proposed Extended Parklet at Rathfarnham Village (Covid 19 Measure)

H-I (14)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Jennifer McGrath

Templeville Road Light Segregation Scheme

H-I (15)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Transportation

Proposed Declaration of Roads to be Public Roads - NO BUSINESS

Motions

Mot (9)

Submitted by:
Councillor E. Murphy
Responsibility:
William Purcell

That SDCC urgently address the issues with the newly installed ramps on Edmondstown Road. The ramps are too high and caused problems during snow in the the past few weeks.

Mot (10)

Submitted by:
Councillor D. O'Donovan
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

That the Manager repairs the footpath leading from the entrance to the Woodfield Estate in Knocklyon up to Scholarstown Roundabout. A number of local residents have tripped and fallen here and the area is regularly flooded after rainfall, forcing people out onto the grass verges, making social distancing impossible.

Mot (11)

Submitted by:
Councillor E. Murphy
Responsibility:
William Purcell

To ask the Council to provide a report to this ACM on the walking/ cycling developments on Stocking Lane, adjacent to Scholarstown Wood. Can the Council further provide details on what consultation (if any) was had with elected representatives or residents on the matter?

Planning

Questions

Qu (12)

Submitted by:
Councillor E. Murphy
Responsibility:
Eoin Burke

Can the Council please provide information on the commercial development on Stocking Avenue and provide detail on any tenants that have been confirmed for the retail units?

Correspondence

Cor (9)

Submitted by:
Planning
Responsibility:
Planning

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (16)

Submitted by:
Planning
Responsibility:
Planning

New Works (No Business)

Motions

Mot (12)

Submitted by:
Councillor Yvonne Collins
Responsibility:
Eoin Burke

That the Chief Executive confirms that the rehabilitation of rural hedgerows initiative shall extend to this area and that any planning permissions for development issued shall be consistent with this initiative, in order to maintain and protect our native hedgerows.

Mot (13)

Submitted by:
Councillor E. Murphy
Responsibility:
Eoin Burke

That the Council provides detail to this ACM on the naming of the Firhouse Weir and makes a statement on the responsibilities of the Council in relation to naming of the Weir. The Weir is being referred to as Balrothery Weir - has the Council sanctioned a name change?

Mot (14)

Submitted by:
Councillor P. Kearns
Responsibility:
Rosaleen Dwyer

That this committee calls on the manager to arrange for the historic archway beside St Michaels house and the historic church opposite the Spawell to be cleared of all brambles and overgrowth and checked for stability, And to ensure that these sites are preserved going forward.

 

Economic Development

Questions

Qu (13)

Submitted by:
Councillor Yvonne Collins
Responsibility:
Thomas Rooney

To ask the manager to report on any progress made and future intentions as regards the proposed development of Rathfarnham Castle courtyard and stables.

Correspondence

Cor (10)

Submitted by:
Economic Development
Responsibility:
Economic Development

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (17)

Submitted by:
Economic Development
Responsibility:
Economic Development

New Works (No Business)

Motions

Mot (15)

Submitted by:
Councillor E. Murphy
Responsibility:
Paul McAlerney

To ask the Council and the Assets Management Unit to formally confirm that Whitechurch Library is registered on the list of assets in the County in order to progress the proposed works at the library for the WEB Project and to ensure that there are no further delays or hinderances to the development of the facilities for the service users

Libraries & Arts

Correspondence

Cor (11)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (18)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts

New Works (No Business)

H-I (19)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Bernadette Fennell,Sile Coleman

Library News & Events

H-I (20)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts

Application for Arts Grants - (No Business)

A-Z of All Services