Coucnil Banner Image

Council Meetings

March 22nd 2021 Tallaght Area Committee Meeting Agenda


Date:
22/03/2021 15:00
Location:
Virtual Meeting
Standing Orders:
View

Headed Items

H-I (1)

Submitted by:
Housing Administration
Responsibility:
Housing Administration

Minutes from Tallaght Area Committee Meeting 22nd February, 2021.

H-I (2)

Submitted by:
Brian Carroll
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech

Deputations for Noting (No business)

Corporate Support

Motions

Mot (1)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech

"To ask the Chief Executive to write to Drew Harris Garda Commissioner reminding him of the concern of the community in Kingswood regarding the continued practise of servicing the area from Garda Stations in Clondalkin and Tallaght and asking the Commissioner if this is a good use of Garda resources."

Headed Items

H-I (3)

Submitted by:
Corporate Support
Responsibility:
Corporate Support

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (1)

Submitted by:
Corporate Support
Responsibility:
Corporate Support

Correspondence 

Performance & Change Management

Headed Items

H-I (4)

Submitted by:
Performance & Change Management
Responsibility:
Performance & Change Management

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (2)

Submitted by:
Performance & Change Management
Responsibility:
Performance & Change Management

Correspondence (No Business)

Public Realm

Questions

Qu (1)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Duff
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

Allowing for the increased numbers of visitors to Tymon Park on the weekends, could the Manager arrange to have the litter bins in the Park emptied, during the day, on Saturday and Sunday. Visitors are posting photographs of overflowing bins on social media and this does not create a good image for the Council.

Qu (2)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

"To ask the Chief Executive if he has noted the coverage in the local Echo newspaper of the fact that according to the report there are no litter bins in Citwest;will he confirm that he is taking immediate action in the matter and give assurances given the poor reaction in Citywest to the matter."

Qu (3)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
Leo Magee,Michael McAdam

"To ask the Chief Executive if he plans to open the recently developed Oldbawn Sports Pavilion , Dodder Valley Park Tallaght; will he confirm how he is promoting the availability of the facility to the public and local clubs; will he confirm actions being taken to prevent trespass and vandalism on the site and make a statement."

Qu (4)

Submitted by:
Councillor Baby Pereppadan
Responsibility:
Suzanne Furlong

"To ask the Chief Executive about the possibility of extending Carrigmore Park, Citywest. As it is, the park is extremely crowded and many people visit the park every day. This problem will continue to worsen over summer as the pack will visit the park. Additionally, with the construction of the new apartments and housing properties nearby, the current size of the park and facilities available will not be able to entertain the increasingly large hordes of people gathering in the Park"

Qu (5)

Submitted by:
Councillor Liam Sinclair
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

"That the Chief Executive gives an update on the progress of the tennis courts upgrade to a community hub in Kingswood Heights"

Headed Items

H-I (5)

Submitted by:
Public Realm
Responsibility:
Public Realm

New Works (No Business)

H-I (6)

Submitted by:
Leo Magee
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

Report on Whitestown Stream in Jobstown

Correspondence

Cor (3)

Submitted by:
Public Realm
Responsibility:
Public Realm

Correspondence(No Business)

Motions

Mot (2)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. Dunne
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

"This Area Committee calls on the Chief Executive to install a footpath from the last gate on Drumcairn Parade to St Marks GAA club for the purpose of providing a path way for the high footfall that walks to St Mark's Community School, the Bus Stop & the Club"

Mot (3)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. Dunne
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

"This Area Committee calls on the Chief Executive to replace the access gates that lead into Butler McGee Park from Drumcairn Parade similar to those access gates that are on Drumcairn Avenue"

Environment

Headed Items

H-I (7)

Submitted by:
Environment
Responsibility:
Environment

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (4)

Submitted by:
Environment
Responsibility:
Environment

Correspondence (No Business)

Water & Drainage

Headed Items

H-I (8)

Submitted by:
Water & Drainage
Responsibility:
Water & Drainage

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (5)

Submitted by:
Water & Drainage
Responsibility:
Water & Drainage

Correspondence (No Business)

Housing

Questions

Qu (6)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech

"To ask the Chief Executive to confirm that he is maintaining close contact and offering support to the Fettercairn Estate Management Committee, will he detail actions taken and proposed in respect of issues being encountered by the group and will he make a statement."

Qu (7)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
Marguerite Staunton

To ask the CEO to list the Social Housing projects under construction in Tallaght and what he now considers the possible new completion dates and will he also provide the same information in respect of new projects and will he make a statement

Qu (8)

Submitted by:
Councillor T. Costello
Responsibility:
Neil Hanly

"To ask the Chief Executive how many people are currently on the Medical Priority housing list in the Tallaght Area and what is the average waiting times on housing broken down by bedroom size"

Qu (9)

Submitted by:
Councillor T. Costello
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech,Michael McAdam

"To ask the chief executive how much money was spent in 2020 on the installation of CCTV in anti social or illegal dumping blackspots versus what was available. Also what funds are available for 2021"

Qu (10)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Duff
Responsibility:
Marguerite Staunton

"Could the Chief Executive give this Committee an update on the proposed starting date for the construction of the Older Persons units on the site of the Council Depot, beside Sean Walsh Park. The Area Committee was previously advised that the Contractor would be on site by end on January 2021, is this delayed due to Covid restrictions or are other reasons?"

Headed Items

H-I (9)

Submitted by:
Housing
Responsibility:
Housing

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (6)

Submitted by:
Housing
Responsibility:
Housing

Correspondence (No Business)

Community

Questions

Qu (11)

Submitted by:
Councillor K. Mahon
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech

"Can the Chief Executive please update on the provision of a Community facility for City West and the basis on which it is progressing? If the current initiative is reliant on agreement with a private developer can management please advise re alternative plans should agreement not be forthcoming?"

Qu (12)

Submitted by:
Councillor Liam Sinclair
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech

"A total of €16,149 has been allocated to Tallaght Leisure Centre under a Sport Ireland swimming pool grant. - Is there a clear indication of how this grant will be spent? - Who will recieve this funding, Tallaght Leisure Centre or SDCC?"

Headed Items

H-I (10)

Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
Community

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (7)

Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
Community

Correspondence (No Business)

Transportation

Questions

Qu (13)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Duff
Responsibility:
Caitriona Lambert

"That this Area Committee call on the Chief Executive to give an updated report regarding the rollout of LED Public Lighting, in particular in relation to those areas where there was an issue with older type wiring supply, and to indicate when these areas might expect an upgrade?"

Headed Items

H-I (11)

Submitted by:
William Purcell
Responsibility:
William Purcell

Fortunestown Lane light segregation cycle scheme

H-I (12)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Transportation

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (8)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Transportation

Correspondence (No Business)

Motions

Mot (4)

Submitted by:
Councillor K. Mahon
Responsibility:
William Purcell

"This Area Committee requests that the Chief Executive convene a discussion involving this Area Committee, SDCC and Transport For Ireland regarding the infrastructural impact of Bus Connect within the Tallaght Area Committee Boundaries"

Planning

Questions

Qu (14)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
Eoin Burke

To ask the CEO if he is dealing with complaints from local residents claiming alleged damage to their homes from constant blasting at the Roadstone Quarry; will he confirm actions open to him in the matter and will he make a statement?

Qu (15)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
Eoin Burke

"To ask the Chief Executive if he has now made a decision in respect of the enforcement file opened in December last relating to the mast at Sylvain Drive; will he appreciate the local interest in the matter and present an update."

Headed Items

H-I (13)

Submitted by:
Planning
Responsibility:
Planning

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (9)

Submitted by:
Planning
Responsibility:
Planning

Correspondence (No Business)

Economic Development

Headed Items

H-I (14)

Submitted by:
Economic Development
Responsibility:
Economic Development

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (10)

Submitted by:
Economic Development
Responsibility:
Economic Development

Correspondence (No Business)

Libraries & Arts

Questions

Qu (16)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
Bernadette Fennell

"To ask the Chief Executive to confirm that plans are being progressed for the provision of a new Public Library in Citywest; will he appreciate the concerns of the local community that the Council would now honour the committment given in the Fortunestown LAP; will he give assurances and make a statement."

Qu (17)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
Bernadette Fennell

To ask the CEO to confirm if plans are being made for the reopening of the Civic Theatre when the lifting of restrictions allows, will he detail any contacts made to arrange future shows and will he make a statement?

Headed Items

H-I (15)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Orla Scannell

Application for Arts Grants

H-I (16)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Bernadette Fennell

Library News & Events

H-I (17)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts

NEW WORKS (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (11)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts

Correspondence (No Business)

A-Z of All Services