Coucnil Banner Image

Council Meetings

23rd March 2021 Lucan/Palmerstown/North Clondalkin Virtual Area Committee Meeting Agenda


Date:
23/03/2021 15:00
Location:
Virtual Meeting

Headed Items

H-I (1)

Submitted by:
LAC Meeting Administration
Responsibility:
LAC Meeting Administration

Confirmation and Re-affirmation of Minutes of Meeting of February Lucan Palmerstown North Clondalkin ACM

Corporate Support

Questions

Qu (1)

Submitted by:
Councillor Shane Moynihan
Responsibility:
Sheila Kelly

To ask the Chief Executive for an update on the proposed invitations to the Clondalkin Drug an Alcohol Task Force and The HSE Office of Suicide Prevention to address the Area Committee and as to when these presentations are planned.

Qu (2)

Submitted by:
Councillor E. O'Brien
Responsibility:
Cristina Hurson

To ask the Chief Executive Officer to confirm the number of registered electors in the Lucan LEA and to indicate the increase/decrease in that number since the register was last updated

Qu (3)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
Sheila Kelly

This committee asks if a response has been received from the HSE in regards to the questions and motions passed on this issue. This pilot was a very welcomed initiative and considering we raised the matter and discussed the challenges with the various therapy's and the waiting lists in the area at a presentation given by HSE to this committee some years back its only appropriate that a report on its findings are brought back to this committee. MEETING OF LUCAN/PALMERSTOWN/NORTH CLONDALKIN AREA COMMITTEE Tuesday, January 26, 2021 QUESTION NO. 9 QUESTION: Councillor L. O'Toole To ask the Chief Executive to confirm if HSE has responded or committed to attending our area committee as per last motion passed, See below: COMHAIRLE CONTAE ÁTHA CLIATH THEAS SOUTH DUBLIN COUNTY COUNCIL South Dublin County Council Crest MEETING OF LUCAN/PALMERSTOWN/FONTHILL AREA COMMITTEE Tuesday, February 25, 2020 MOTION NO. 6 MOTION: Councillor L. O'Toole The previous area committee (Lucan area committee) were given a presentation from HSE on the health care in Lucan some time ago. At that time I had proposed the introduction of speech therapists into our classrooms given my experience with speech therapy challenges and given that so many parents / children at the time had challenges and so many still do. Since then a pilot scheme was introduced by the then relevant Minister between Department Education and HSE. We agreed to write to the Minister for an update on the pilot, this committee now calls on the Chief Executive to invite the HSE to our area committee meeting to give a presentation on this pilot. REPLY: The Council did not receive a reply to letter written to the HSE in 2020. A further letter will be written to the HSE in this regard.

Correspondence

Cor (1)

Submitted by:
Corporate Support
Responsibility:
Corporate Support

Correspondence 

Headed Items

H-I (2)

Submitted by:
Corporate Support
Responsibility:
Corporate Support

New Works (No Business)

Motions

Mot (1)

Submitted by:
Councillor Shane Moynihan
Responsibility:
Sheila Kelly

That the Area Committee will write to the Minister for Education request that Divine Mercy Junior & Senior National Schools be designated as DEIS schools, given the significant disadvantage that exists in the schools' catchment area.

Mot (2)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
Colin Clarke

To ask the Chief Executive if South Dubliln County Council will explore possibilities of creating a new entrance to the new Lucan United all-weather pith facility from TUBBER lane into the pitch, considering their plans to upgrade the road at this location

Mot (3)

Submitted by:
Councillor Joanna Tuffy
Responsibility:
Brenda Pierce

To ask the Chief Executive Officer for an update on the plans for enhancement of Lucan Village

Mot (4)

Submitted by:
Councillor G. O'Connell
Responsibility:
LAC Meeting Administration

That a discussion take place on the best way to promote the preservation and ultimate restoration of the Silver Bridge, linking Palmerstown Waterstown/Strawberry Beds.

Performance & Change Management

Correspondence

Cor (2)

Submitted by:
Performance & Change Management
Responsibility:
Performance & Change Management

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (3)

Submitted by:
Performance & Change Management
Responsibility:
Performance & Change Management

New Works (No Business)

Public Realm

Questions

Qu (4)

Submitted by:
Councillor Alan Hayes
Responsibility:
David Fennell

To ask the Chief Executive to provide an update on the volume of filtered drinking water dispensed by the Smart Water fountains in the areas covered by this ACM and if there are plans to install any more in 2021.

Qu (5)

Submitted by:
Councillor Alan Hayes
Responsibility:
David Fennell

To ask the Chief Executive how estimated costs on public realm projects are reached and if the recently agreed works in the areas of this ACM will be open for tender by local trades professionals, for example, the repointing of Waterstown House.

Qu (6)

Submitted by:
Councillor Shane Moynihan
Responsibility:
David Fennell

To ask the Chief Executive for an update on repair works to the playspace in Hermitage Park.

Qu (7)

Submitted by:
Councillor Shane Moynihan
Responsibility:
David Fennell

To ask the Chief Executive as to what grass verging works are to take place to protect walking space on public footpaths when restrictions are lifted, how those areas are selected and prioritised and if he will make a statement on the matter.

Qu (8)

Submitted by:
Councillor E. O'Brien
Responsibility:
Suzanne Furlong

To ask the Chief Executive to provide an update in relation to construction of the new pavilion at Griffeen Valley Park

Qu (9)

Submitted by:
Councillor G. O'Connell
Responsibility:
Brenda Shannon,David Fennell

To ask the Chief Executive for action to be taken on the Old Lucan Road near the Liffey Valley Bus Stop. There is a huge problem with people littering off the pedestrian bridge (over the N4) and throwing their waste over the bridge. Residents and business owners on the road try to keep the area as clean as possible but its a losing battle, There are at least 2 possible solutions to the issue. The first is larger bins and more visible bins. More signs and a warning of enforcement of fines for littering.

Qu (10)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
David Fennell

To ask the Chief Executive Officer how many additional bins were requested to be installed in 2020, how have since been installed. If the report could breakdown the bins per area where possible, as in Adamstown, village area, parks, on street etc.

Qu (11)

Submitted by:
Councillor V. Casserly
Responsibility:
Laurence Colleran

To ask the manager has there been any further development on locating a suitable area for a wheelchair swing in Waterstown Park

Correspondence

Cor (3)

Submitted by:
Public Realm
Responsibility:
Public Realm

Correspondence(No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (4)

Submitted by:
Public Realm
Responsibility:
Public Realm

New Works (No Business)

Motions

Mot (5)

Submitted by:
Councillor P. Gogarty
Responsibility:
David Fennell

That the Chief Executive examine a suitable use for the caretaker's house in the old Esker Cemetery that would respect the sensitivities outlined by the local community some years back; including for example making it available to someone on the housing list, or leasing/selling to someone willing to renovate and live in it, in all cases with strict conditions attached; and if a statement can be made on the matter.

Mot (6)

Submitted by:
Councillor Derren Ó Brádaigh
Responsibility:
David Fennell

This committee commends all involved in the 'A Safety and Inclusivity Study in Clondalkin within the Context of Gender-based Violence in Public Spaces' and asks the Council to provide public lighting along the 'black path' that runs from Neilstown shops to Ronanstown Garda Station as recommended in the report and ensuring the length of the laneway is lit particularly at night.

Mot (7)

Submitted by:
Councillor E. O'Brien
Responsibility:
David Fennell

Noting the previous success of the "Reclaiming our Parks" programme, this area committee asks the Chief Executive Officer to revisit this policy initiative to target parks in our locality which have become the target of anti social behaviour in an effort to maintain our parks at the highest possible standard

Mot (8)

Submitted by:
Councillor G. O'Connell
Responsibility:
Maire Ni Dhomhnaill

That the Cheif Executive agrees to take action on a tree at (Address supplied). It is destroying the residents garden due to the roots having now undermined his whole front garden. 

Mot (9)

Submitted by:
Councillor V. Casserly
Responsibility:
David Fennell

To call on the manager to increase Park Bin Collections in Griffeen, Willsbrook, Lucan Demesne, AGP2 and Hermitage Park due to the increased park usage during the current pandemic to respond to park users complaints

Moved without Debate

Environment

Questions

Qu (12)

Submitted by:
Councillor E. O'Brien
Responsibility:
Michael McAdam

To ask the Chief Executive Officer to confirm the number of Green Dog Walkers currently volunteering in the Lucan LEA

Qu (13)

Submitted by:
Councillor G. O'Connell
Responsibility:
Michael McAdam

To ask the Council to erect 'NO DUMPING' etc signs at the eastern end/entrance of the laneway between Kennelsfort Road and the Coppice/Covert.

Qu (14)

Submitted by:
Councillor G. O'Connell
Responsibility:
Darby Mullen

To ask the Chief Executive to give an update report to this committee on the proposed locations for EV Charging Points, in Lucan, Palmerstown and North Clondalkin and will he make a statement on the matter.

Qu (15)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
Michael McAdam

It was agreed in a previous meeting to promote and support DSPCA dog training in Dog Park Griffeen park. To ask Cheif Executive if contact could be made and advice sought on the process

Correspondence

Cor (4)

Submitted by:
Environment
Responsibility:
Environment

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (5)

Submitted by:
Environment
Responsibility:
Environment

New Works (No Business)

H-I (6)

Submitted by:
Environment
Responsibility:
Brenda Shannon

Litter Management Plan

Motions

Mot (10)

Submitted by:
Councillor Shane Moynihan
Responsibility:
Michael McAdam

That the Area Committee calls for an awareness campaign on dog fouling and its removal from public places to be conducted in the Lucan, Palmerstown & North Clondalkin areas?

Mot (11)

Submitted by:
Councillor Derren Ó Brádaigh
Responsibility:
Michael McAdam

To ask the manager to produce a report for discussion to examine the process of obtaining the 'Farmers' site in St Marks, Clondalkin under the Derelict Sites Act.

Mot (12)

Submitted by:
Councillor P. Gogarty
Responsibility:
Michael McAdam

That the Council allocates emergency resources to deal with a massive upsurge in visible litter and dumped material within the remit of this Area Committee, including cleaning of footpaths and zero tolerance of overflowing bins and bags dumped alongside or at bring centres; to outline whether there is a mechanism to report and prosecute litter louts more effectively, or perhaps a pilot project that could start in Lucan/Palmerstown/North Clondalkin; and if a statement can be made on the matter.

Water & Drainage

Questions

Qu (16)

Submitted by:
Councillor P. Gogarty
Responsibility:
Derek Sargent

To ask the Council to clarify that an inspection has been or will be carried out in conjunction with Irish Water to ensure that any water or foul sewerage connection from the planned new cemetery on Lucan Newlands Road opposite Cherbury Park can be facilitated into the existing system in Cherbury Park as planned, with sufficient capacity remaining so as not to cause blockages within the estate, given issues that already existed in the Cherbury affecting the lowest placed houses that necessitated works along the N4 some years back; and if a statement can be made on the matter.

Qu (17)

Submitted by:
Councillor G. O'Connell
Responsibility:
Richard Fitzpatrick

To ask the Chief Executive to give an update on the proposed work on the Glenaulin Stream as discussed in Item 65356 (Feb 20).

Correspondence

Cor (5)

Submitted by:
Water & Drainage
Responsibility:
Water & Drainage

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (7)

Submitted by:
Water & Drainage
Responsibility:
Water & Drainage

New Works (No Business)

Motions

Mot (13)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
Chris Galvin

This committee asks the Chief Executive to report to the members what works were carried out following the floods in November 2020 as part of the flood alleviation along the river Griffeen. This area has been continuously subjected to flooding over sometime and more recently the flooded areas have increased and many park users have taken to sharing these flooded areas online or directly with me. The footbridge in the park on Hayden's lane was full of water under neath resembling what looked like a river running under it. Given that there's plans to construct ICW's along the Griffeen park, could the management confirm of the recent floods will be resolved when the ICW's are completed. To also ask if management could indicate if Griffeen park will have attenuation tanks installed, and to indicate once again how many are planned for the Griffeen extension, given that a new major link road is to be built through the park. Photos/videos included.

Housing

Correspondence

Cor (6)

Submitted by:
Housing
Responsibility:
Housing

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (8)

Submitted by:
Housing
Responsibility:
Housing

New Works (No Business)

Motions

Mot (14)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Johansson
Responsibility:
Marguerite Staunton

That the Chief Executive hold an online consultative meeting with a delegation of St Ronan's residents prior to the publication of the Part 8.

Community

Correspondence

Cor (7)

Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
Community

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (9)

Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
Community

New Works (No Business)

H-I (10)

Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
Cathy Purdy Fitzgerald

Deputations for Noting (No Business)

Motions

Mot (15)

Submitted by:
Councillor G. O'Connell
Responsibility:
Paul McAlerney

To compliment the Community Section Staff for the wonderful work they do across the Lucan Palmerstown North Clondalkin area and to ask the Chief Executive for a report on the number of Community Centres in this LAC and to include a summary of the support provided by SDCC and the challenges Covid-19 poses.

Mot (16)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
Paul McAlerney

This committee Requests the Chief Executive to make provisions for an extension of the Adamstown Community Centre, to provide the committee members with planning designs/drawings of this extension which could incorporate into a new Youth Café, given that the design of the building was purposely built for an expansion when needed. The greater Lucan area is in great need of such a facility. Having shared ownership in the building and having pre-planned for such extension gives the council unique opportunity to design such an amenity for the area.

Mot (17)

Submitted by:
Councillor P. Gogarty
Responsibility:
Paul McAlerney

That the Council carries out an audit of usage and charges for various activities within and around Adamstown Community Centre, eg gyn, meeting rooms, indoor sports hire, astro pitches, comparing it with other public and private amenities in the Lucan, Leixlip, Celbridge, Clondalkin areas with a view to meaningfully addressing complaints by residents (raised by elected reps before but highlighted again at a recently well-attended online community meeting) that the centre is too expensive to use and not accessible enough to the local community; and if a statement can be made on the matter.

Mot (18)

Submitted by:
Councillor Shane Moynihan
Responsibility:
Cathy Purdy Fitzgerald

That this Area Committee calls for a meeting between the relevant senior officials from all sections and Palmerstown Meitheal Tidy Towns to discuss implementation of the 2018 strategic plan and progress on same.

Mot (19)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
Andy Lane

'That this Committee, recognising the need for additional resources for community policing/safety to allow these forums to expand to cover areas in Lucan, identified as having expanding communities that would benefit from such forums, agrees to support a provision for appropriate voluntary contributions in the Council's revenue budget to allow for enhanced community safety/policing forums in the area.'

Transportation

Questions

Qu (18)

Submitted by:
Councillor E. O'Brien
Responsibility:
Caitriona Lambert

To ask the Chief Executive Officer to provide an update on the planned removal of the telephone boxes from Lucan village and in particular if he has an agreed timeline with the operator of the telephone boxes in relation to their removal

Qu (19)

Submitted by:
Councillor Shane Moynihan
Responsibility:
William Purcell

To ask the Chief Executive for an update on the taking-in-charge of Ballyowen Square and to what other estates are in the pipeline for taking-in-charge in the Lucan, Palmerstown & North Clondalkin Area in 2021 and if he will make a statement on the matter.

Qu (20)

Submitted by:
Councillor V. Casserly
Responsibility:
Sheila Kelly

To ask the manager for an update on bike racks in Lucan village towards Ulster Bank Area as previously requested

Qu (21)

Submitted by:
Councillor P. Gogarty
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

To ask the Chief Executive if he will prioritise the repair of approximately 10m of footpath (between "Roseville" and opposite the Salmon Leap Inn) on safety grounds as this is too narrow and sloped and makes it difficult to cross over safely to the west side of the Liffey Bridge and indeed the Salmon Leap catering bus, the loop beside which adjacent to the water treatment plant and returning via Cooldrinagh has become very popular for walkers from Lucan seeking socially distanced recreation during Covid (there is no contiguous footpath the far side); and if a statement can be made on the matter?

Correspondence

Cor (8)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Transportation

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (11)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Transportation

New Works (No Business)

H-I (12)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
William Purcell

Proposed Declaration of Roads to be Public Roads (No Business)

Motions

Mot (20)

Submitted by:
Councillor Derren Ó Brádaigh
Responsibility:
William Purcell

That this committee supports a fully marked school children's pedestrian crossing to be located on the Balgaddy Road, directly outside the entrance to Lucan Community National School to provide children with safe crossing.

Mot (21)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
John Coughlan

This committee requests the Chief Executive to provide the members with an updated report on the agreed gap at this location to be improved and upgraded and re located in the last term. This issue I've been raising for some years now on behalf of both residents.

Please see below last correspondence on this.

COMHAIRLE CONTAE ÁTHA CLIATH THEAS SOUTH DUBLIN COUNTY COUNCIL South Dublin County Council Crest MEETING OF LUCAN AREA COMMITTEE Tuesday, May 22, 2018 MOTION NO. 5 MOTION: Councillor L. O'Toole "Further to my previous question (item 57946) regarding the design of a new gap between both Paddocks and Hillcrest, this Area Committee requests Chief Executive to advise how an application can be prepared and to make plans to consult with members of both residents association to carry out a public consultation."

REPORT: The provision of a link between The Paddocks and Hillcrest would be an ideal location to consider a permeability project. Contact will be made with the Roads Design and Construction Section about applying to the NTA for funding for this scheme.

Moved without Debate

Mot (22)

Submitted by:
Councillor P. Gogarty
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

That the Chief Executive reports on the updated situation regarding the wall breach delay at Lucan Demesne adjoining lands owned by the Italian state.

Mot (23)

Submitted by:
Councillor V. Casserly
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

To call on the Manager to upgrade the footpath on Lucan Bridge, addressing its poor structure and raised kerbs which are presenting health and safety concerns for pedestrians.

Moved without Debate

Mot (24)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Johansson
Responsibility:
Caitriona Lambert

That the Chief Executive provide an update on the timescale for the District Centre Enhancement Scheme at Neilstown Shops, and that outdoor seating would be provided at the currently unused space beside the community centre regardless of the progression of the DCES.

Mot (25)

Submitted by:
Councillor G. O'Connell
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

That the Council please attend to a problem of standing water (ponding) on the foot paths on either side of the road that extends from Foxborough green to Griffen Avenue on the Balgaddy Road. As a result, pedestrians (quite a lot of school going, with impaired walk and bus going public) are compelled to use the grass areas to avoid standing water and due to heavy footfall the grass portion turns to be marshy, muddy and slippery. Water logging is a regular phenomenon on the pathways even on very little rain.

 

Moved without Debate

Mot (26)

Submitted by:
Councillor Shane Moynihan
Responsibility:
Caitriona Lambert

That the Area Committee congratulates the Chief Executive and his team on engaging with the ESB to activate the lighting of the path from Woodfarm Acres to Kennelsfort Road. 

Moved without Debate

Mot (27)

Submitted by:
Councillor Derren Ó Brádaigh
Responsibility:
William Purcell

To ask the manager that a Pedestrian crossing be re-examined with a view to locating such a crossing that will enable users of Stewarts in Palmerstown village to cross safely towards the main campus and Sports Centre. Speed bumps have been put in on this road. Whilst this does slow down traffic, service users feel a pedestrian crossing is now needed. There have been new Stewarts hubs set up recently on the corner(including by Roma chipper and Boyle Sports) adding to footfall and road safety need.

Planning

Questions

Qu (22)

Submitted by:
Councillor Derren Ó Brádaigh
Responsibility:
Eoin Burke

To ask the chief executive for an update on any decision taken within the Adamstown SDZ, that effects the planned local enterprise centre originally planned at land earmarked 'flexible use building' space at Tandy's Lane Village (directly opposite Gandon. And if so, can clarification be provided if this local centre is indeed to be moved / incorporated within the planned 'District Centre' opposite Adamstown Station and what is now planned at the Tandy's Lane designated flexible land use space?

Correspondence

Cor (9)

Submitted by:
Planning
Responsibility:
Planning

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (13)

Submitted by:
Planning
Responsibility:
Planning

New Works (No Business)

Economic Development

Questions

Qu (23)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
Laura Leonard

This committee asks that the Chief Executive Officer confirms the current zoning for the lands at Careline education centre, to confirm that it has always been used for educational purposes and to support that these lands remain for educational and community use

Qu (24)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
Laura Leonard

This committee asks for an update on the agreed motion passed previously in regards to carrying out a feasibility study, and to also ask if this item can be included as an agenda item at relevant SPC. 

Correspondence

Cor (10)

Submitted by:
Economic Development
Responsibility:
Economic Development

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (14)

Submitted by:
Economic Development
Responsibility:
Economic Development

New Works (No Business)

Libraries & Arts

Questions

Qu (25)

Submitted by:
Councillor Shane Moynihan
Responsibility:
Bernadette Fennell

Le ceist a chur ar an bPríomh-Fheidhmeannach faoi líon na daoine a ghlac páirt in ócáidí agus gníomhaíochtaí an Chontae do Sheachtain na Gaeilge, i bhfoirm tábla agus le ráiteas a dhéanamh air. To ask the Chief Executive about the number of people who participated in the Seachtain na Gaeilge activities and events, in tabular form and if he will make a statement on the matter.

Correspondence

Cor (11)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (15)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts

NEW WORKS (No Business)

H-I (16)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Orla Scannell

Application for Arts Grants (No Business)

H-I (17)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Bernadette Fennell

Library News & Events

Motions

Mot (28)

Submitted by:
Councillor Shane Moynihan
Responsibility:
Bernadette Fennell

Go n-iarrann an Coiste Ceantair seo go leanfar le cur ar fáil cúrsaí foghlama Gaeilge ar feadh na bliana ar fad i leabharlanna an Chontae agus ar-líne. That the Area Committee requests for the continuation provision of Irish learning courses for the entire year in County libraries and online

Moved without Debate

A-Z of All Services