Coucnil Banner Image

Council Meetings

Clondalkin Area Committee Meeting 21st April, 2021 Agenda


Date:
21/04/2021 15:00
Location:
Virtual Meeting
Standing Orders:
View

Headed Items

H-I (1)

Submitted by:
C AC Meeting Administrator
Responsibility:
C AC Meeting Administrator

Confirmation & Re-affirmation of Minutes of Meeting held on 10th March, 2021

Environment

Questions

Qu (1)

Submitted by:
Councillor S. O'Hara
Responsibility:
Brenda Shannon

"To ask the Chief Executive given the increase of complaints regarding the issue of dog poo fouling in public parks and open spaces, across Clondalkin and other areas, will South Dublin County Council install more dog waste bins?  South Dublin County Council needs a campaign to encourage dog owners and dog walkers to act responsibly and to pick up after their dogs. Dog poo in our public spaces affects the whole community."

Qu (2)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
Joseph Bockarie

"To ask the Chief Executive for a report into the recycle bring banks within the Clondalkin Area? What sites have been identified and is there a requirement for public consultation if they are on Council owned land? To ask for the process to be included in the report and how we can increase bring banks in light of the climate emergency we face?"

Headed Items

H-I (2)

Submitted by:
Environment
Responsibility:
Environment

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (1)

Submitted by:
Environment
Responsibility:
Environment

Correspondence (No Business)

Motions

Mot (1)

Submitted by:
Councillor Eoin Ó Broin
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

Cathaoirleach's Business

"This meeting notes that the response to Question 12 at the February 2021 meeting of South Dublin County Council has clarified that SDCC are responsible for maintenance of the cycle and pedestrian bridge over the N7 at the Red Cow, the ramps leading to the bridge and the section between the Red Cow Luas Terminal and the ramps. This meeting further notes the incidence of empty beer cans, broken glass, used nitrous oxide capsules, graffiti and other assorted waste that litter this vital piece of infrastructure. This meeting calls on South Dublin County Council to have the infrastructure cleaned."

Mot (2)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
Brenda Shannon

"That this Committe requests that South Dublin County Council facilitate a meeting regarding ongoing litter issues in the Clondalkin area with Clondalkin Tidy Towns, Elected Members and Council Officials."

Mot (3)

Submitted by:
Councillor Peter Kavanagh
Responsibility:
Brenda Shannon

"This Area Committee agrees to tackle illegal dumping at Áras na Cluaine, Clondalkin, as a matter of priority and asks the Chief Executive to take steps to deal with this ongoing problem."

Mot (4)

Submitted by:
Councillor S. O'Hara
Responsibility:
Sean Redmond

"That this Area Committe find an alternative for a bin in Newcastle Play Trail."

Mot (5)

Submitted by:
Councillor William Joseph Carey
Responsibility:
Brenda Shannon

"That this meeting agrees 'In light of the very significant and persistent illegal dumping on the Bawnogue Road between Lindisfarne and Ashwood, and the significant financial cost to the Council arising from the weekly removal of this material', can the Chief Executive outline what additional actions he intends to take to address the issue in order to reduce and if possible eliminate the persistent dumping at this location."

Mot (6)

Submitted by:
Councillor Eoin Ó Broin
Responsibility:
Brenda Shannon

"That this Area Committee discusses the South Dublin County Council approach to tackling dog foul in public parks and on footpaths and if new strategies are possible. 

Water & Drainage

Headed Items

H-I (3)

Submitted by:
Water & Drainage
Responsibility:
Water & Drainage

New Works (No Business)

H-I (4)

Submitted by:
Water & Drainage
Responsibility:
David Grant

River Camac Flood Alleviation Scheme – Presentation on Progress to Date

Correspondence

Cor (2)

Submitted by:
Water & Drainage
Responsibility:
Water & Drainage

Correspondence

Motions

Mot (7)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
Brenda Shannon

"That this Committee calls on South Dublin County Council to come up with a permanent solution to the ongoing dumping at Sally Gap beside the Mill Pond Apartments that Clondalkin Tidy Towns have been high lighting for a number of years and that some solutions are given in the report and the report includes that the mesh solution proposed by CTT is fully considered and report includes the pros and cons of this."

Public Realm

Questions

Qu (3)

Submitted by:
Councillor William Joseph Carey
Responsibility:
David Fennell

"To ask the Chief Executive that, in light of the obvious and increasingly heavy usage of public bins in our parks and areas of food outlets in our villages and suburbs, (due no doubt to increased use due to covid restrictions which has led to public and open spaces seeing greater usage), can South Dublin County Council outline a plan to increase the schedule of maintaining and emptying these bins and to provide a response?"

Qu (4)

Submitted by:
Councillor Eoin Ó Broin
Responsibility:
Maire Ni Dhomhnaill

"This Area Committee notes that in August 2020 within the bird nesting season, contractors hired by South Dublin County Council, entered the wooded area (address supplied) owned by South Dublin County Council, and proceeded to use chainsaws to remove undergrowth and in the process damaged trees there. This Area Committee would like to know if it is good practice to use chainsaws to remove undergrowth in wooded areas during the nesting season?"

Qu (5)

Submitted by:
Councillor Eoin Ó Broin
Responsibility:
Maire Ni Dhomhnaill

"To ask the Chief Executive if South Dublin County Council tree maintenance team might reach the Dunawley and Michael Collins Estates in Clondalkin during the year 2021?"

Headed Items

H-I (5)

Submitted by:
Public Realm
Responsibility:
Public Realm

New Works (No Business)

H-I (6)

Submitted by:
Public Realm
Responsibility:
David Fennell

Public Realm Improvement Works Programme - Cherrywood Crescent Path

Correspondence

Cor (3)

Submitted by:
Public Realm
Responsibility:
Public Realm

Correspondence (No Business)

Motions

Mot (8)

Submitted by:
Councillor Eoin Ó Broin
Responsibility:
Maire Ni Dhomhnaill

Cathaoirleach's Business

"That this Area Committee agrees that South Dublin County Council should produce a map of publically owned land in the greater Clondalkin area and indicate on it areas where trees could be planted over coming years. The motivation behind the motion is to increase forest cover in the area."

Mot (9)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
Joseph Bockarie

"That this Committee agrees that the site at the proposed new community centre at the Old St Mary's School should be used for provision of bring banks at the design stage and planning condition for the development."

Mot (10)

Submitted by:
Councillor T. Gilligan
Responsibility:
Suzanne Furlong

"That the Chief Executive install sensory boards in Coarkagh Park playground."

Mot (11)

Submitted by:
Councillor Peter Kavanagh
Responsibility:
Maire Ni Dhomhnaill

"This Area Committee requests a report on tree maintenance by contractors in the Clondalkin area on foot of complaints received from residents of St. John's Avenue."

Mot (12)

Submitted by:
Councillor S. O'Hara
Responsibility:
Suzanne Furlong

"That this Area Committee reports on all options, including those previously considered and currently being looked at, to develop a car park at Rathcoole Park as provided for in numerous Council Budgets."

Community

Questions

Qu (6)

Submitted by:
Councillor William Joseph Carey
Responsibility:
Paul McAlerney

"To ask the Chief Executive for an update on progress for the transfer of Orchard Lodge unit into South Dublin County Council control and to ask if staff of the Architects Department have accessed the premises with a view to drawing up a detailed required fit-out proposal?"

Headed Items

H-I (7)

Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
Community

New Works (No Business)

H-I (8)

Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
 

Deputations for Noting (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (4)

Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
Community

Correspondence (No Business)

Housing

Headed Items

H-I (9)

Submitted by:
Director of Housing, Social & Community Development
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech

Quarterly Report on Anti Social Behaviour

H-I (10)

Submitted by:
Housing
Responsibility:
Housing

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (5)

Submitted by:
Housing
Responsibility:
Housing

Correspondence (No Business)

Planning

Questions

Qu (7)

Submitted by:
Councillor Eoin Ó Broin
Responsibility:
Eoin Burke

To ask the Chief Executive for an update on the Planning Enforcement case (S8268) against the David Nestor Freight Container Park in the Crag Industrial Estate in Clondalkin? The height the containers are stacked causes much anxiety for residents in the area not to mention the volume of freight traffic decanting from it onto the narrow Ninth Lock Road at Cappaghmore.

Headed Items

H-I (11)

Submitted by:
Planning
Responsibility:
Planning

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (6)

Submitted by:
Planning
Responsibility:
Planning

Correspondence (No Business)

Motions

Mot (13)

Submitted by:
Councillor S. O'Hara
Responsibility:
Eoin Burke

"That this Area Committee gets an update on the proposed Slade Valley Heritage Trail and fully endorses this concept."

Transportation

Questions

Qu (8)

Submitted by:
Councillor Eoin Ó Broin
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

"To ask the Chief Executive when the footpath maintenance work in the Dunawley Estate which was left incomplete in Dunawley Way, will be completed?"

Qu (9)

Submitted by:
Councillor S. O'Hara
Responsibility:
Mary Maguire

"To ask the Chief Executive as the Parking Bye Laws are being worked on parking permits for residents of Laurel Park Clondalkin, are only being renewed for 6 months at a time. Each resident has to upload evidence of residency, tax, insurance, and driver's license every time. They are currently doing this for the fourth time in two years. Residents usually only have to do this annually. Can it be reverted to annually?"

Qu (10)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

"To ask the Chief Executive for a report into the condition of the road from Dunawley Roundabout down to the entrance to Woodford, all on the Nangor Road. There are a number of dangerous pot holes that are causing damage to vehicles.  Will the Chief Executive have these repaires carried out and when will this happen?"

Qu (11)

Submitted by:
Councillor S. O'Hara
Responsibility:
John Hegarty

"To ask the Chief Executive when will Aylmer Heath, Newcastle, Co Dublin, be taken in charge by the Council?"

Qu (12)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

To ask the Chief Executive for a report into footpath repairs in Monastery Estate. Has a safety assessment taken place? and if not will one be undertaken as a matter of priority? and work deemed essential carried out?"

Headed Items

H-I (12)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Transportation

New Works (No Business)

H-I (13)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Transportation

Proposed Declaration of Roads to be Public Roads (No Business)

H-I (14)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Mary Maguire

Report on Public Consultation on Material Alteration to Control of Parking Bye Laws 2021 – Saggart and Newcastle Villages

Correspondence

Cor (7)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Transportation

Correspondence 

Motions

Mot (14)

Submitted by:
Councillor Eoin Ó Broin
Responsibility:
C AC Meeting Administrator

Cathaoirleach's Business

"This committee notes the correspondence received from Transport Infrastructure Ireland, in response to Motion 12 from the February 2020 Clondalkin ACM, clarifying that signage on the Ninth Lock Road is a matter for SDCC and in the particular case of signage pointing to the train station, the responsibility of SDCC in consultation with Irish Rail. This committee also notes the response to Members Reps. ID: 1548788 which states that the SDCC Senior Executive Engineer for Road Maintenance has reported that this walkway is not in charge of South Dublin County Council and that any signage related to it is the responsibility of Iarnrod Eireann, who built the walkway. As such this Area Committee thanks Irish Rail for the upkeep of the pedestrian and cycle route from the Ninth Lock Road to Clondalkin Fonthill Train Station, and calls on them to place a sign post on the Ninth Lock Road to indicate the route to the train station to passers by."

Mot (15)

Submitted by:
Councillor T. Gilligan
Responsibility:
John Hegarty

"That the Chief Executive looks into limiting heavy goods vehicles on the Lower Commons Road to JM Transport, Kingswood, Baldonnell."

Mot (16)

Submitted by:
Councillor Peter Kavanagh
Responsibility:
John Hegarty

"This Area Committee agrees to implement parking restrictions at St. John's Green adjacent to the entrance to Corkagh Park, including double yellow lines, in order to improve traffic safety; following a petition and evidence supplied by residents."

Mot (17)

Submitted by:
Councillor William Joseph Carey
Responsibility:
Caitriona Lambert

"To ask the Chief Executive to present a report for debate at the Area Committee on the Street Light upgrade programme including timeline for when the programme will commence and when older Council Estates such as Lealand and Lindisfarne, which have a higher proportion of older people, will have their street lights upgraded to enhance resident safety."

Mot (18)

Submitted by:
Councillor Eoin Ó Broin
Responsibility:
C AC Meeting Administrator

"That this Area Committee congratulates the local Gardaí Síochána on Operation Thoroughfare which has sought to make the Grand Canal Greenway safer for pedestrians and cyclists."

Mot (19)

Submitted by:
Councillor William Joseph Carey
Responsibility:
John Hegarty

"That this Committee agrees, the Council should install double yellow lines along the St. John's Green on the park side to prevent parking congestion at this area and that signage should be installed to direct traffic to other Corkagh Park entrance car parks on Green Isle Road and the R136."

Libraries & Arts

Headed Items

H-I (15)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts

New Works (No Business)

H-I (16)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Bernadette Fennell

Library News & Events

H-I (17)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts

Application for Arts Grants (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (8)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts

Correspondence (No Business)

Economic Development

Questions

Qu (13)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
Thomas Rooney

"To ask the Chief Executive for a report into the Saggart Swiftbrook Mills and to ask does he see this as having significant tourism potential in the future? As the paper for the proclamation was made there! When will the Council take the location in charge?"

Qu (14)

Submitted by:
Councillor Eoin Ó Broin
Responsibility:
Laura Leonard

"To ask the Chief Executive for an update on Motion 1 from the February 2020 meeting of the Clondalkin ACM where he agreed to establish who the owners of the Mill Pond on Mill Lane in Clondalkin are?"

Headed Items

H-I (18)

Submitted by:
Economic Development
Responsibility:
Economic Development

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (9)

Submitted by:
Economic Development
Responsibility:
Economic Development

Correspondence (No Business)

Motions

Mot (20)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
Thomas Rooney

"That this Area Committee requests the relevant department to provide clarity on how memorials at Bru Chrónáin can be progressed (Items 55901 and 59518 refer to previous requests)."

Performance & Change Management

Headed Items

H-I (19)

Submitted by:
Performance & Change Management
Responsibility:
Performance & Change Management

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (10)

Submitted by:
Performance & Change Management
Responsibility:
Performance & Change Management

Correspondence (No Business)

Corporate Support

Questions

Qu (15)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
Cristina Hurson

"To ask the Chief Executive for a report into the Commemorations Committee and when this will meet? The Clondalkin Tidy Towns is awaiting a decision on a commemoration stone for the World War 1 Memorial and cannot progress the started project as this is a core element to the Memorial. Can we have a detailed report into next steps included in the report?"

Headed Items

H-I (20)

Submitted by:
Corporate Support
Responsibility:
Corporate Support

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (11)

Submitted by:
Corporate Support
Responsibility:
Corporate Support

Correspondence 

Motions

Mot (21)

Submitted by:
Councillor T. Gilligan
Responsibility:
Cristina Hurson

"That the Chief Executive grants approval for the installation of a Memorial Stone at Clondalkin Park for a Memorial Garden."

Mot (22)

Submitted by:
Councillor William Joseph Carey
Responsibility:
C AC Meeting Administrator

"That this Committee agrees, to invite the ESB to this committee at our next scheduled meeting to offer a presentation on its service for the Clondalkin area with a view explaining the recent series of power outages in the Clondalkin area. These outages have become all too frequent for a modern society and we note with concern the effects it is having on the people living and working in Clondalkin. Specifically we wish to know if there is an infrastructure deficit locally and if the service is sufficient to enable the rate of growth in the area."

A-Z of All Services