Coucnil Banner Image

Council Meetings

26th April 2021 Tallaght Area Committee Meeting Agenda


Date:
26/04/2021 15:00
Location:
Virtual Meeting
Standing Orders:
View

Headed Items

H-I (1)

Submitted by:
Housing Administration
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech

Minutes from Tallaght Area Committee Meeting 22nd March 2021

Environment

Questions

Qu (1)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Duff
Responsibility:
Brenda Shannon

"Could the Chief Executive please give an update regarding the Designated Trading Areas and costs in Tymon Park. Has there been any expressions of interests for the Tea/Coffee concession in Tymon Park, Tymon North entrance and could an explanation be given why the permit fee for Ice/Confectionery permit is €10,000 in Tymon Wellington entrance as opposed to €5000 at the Tymon, Tymon North entrance."

Qu (2)

Submitted by:
Councillor Sandra Fay
Responsibility:
Brenda Shannon

"Has South Dublin County Council or any other Council piloted at text system to help improve there litter free place. By introducing a text alert system it will help speedy clean up and pleasant environment for the majority in the community, instead of focusing on a minority. Can we encourage report litter or pollution incidents to help facilitate cleaner living environment on or website rather than focusing on residents expected to report to encourage prosecutions and fines."

Headed Items

H-I (2)

Submitted by:
Environment
Responsibility:
Environment

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (1)

Submitted by:
Environment
Responsibility:
Environment

Correspondence (No Business)

Motions

Mot (1)

Submitted by:
Councillor T. Costello
Responsibility:
Michael McAdam

"To ask can South Dublin County Council consider allocating more space to add more allotments in Tymon Park. Currently there are only 13 in the whole of Tymon Park resulting in many years waiting list."

Water & Drainage

Headed Items

H-I (3)

Submitted by:
Water & Drainage
Responsibility:
Water & Drainage

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (2)

Submitted by:
Water & Drainage
Responsibility:
Water & Drainage

Correspondence (No Business)

Public Realm

Questions

Qu (3)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

"To ask the Chief Executive to update members on contacts in respect of issues in Butler/McGee Park and will he refer to previous committments to hold a meeting with local stakeholders with regard to the future development of this important local issue, will he give assurances and make a statement."

Qu (4)

Submitted by:
Councillor T. Costello
Responsibility:
Maire Ni Dhomhnaill

"To ask Chief Executive  what locations are planned to be covered in the Tree Planting Season for this year."

Headed Items

H-I (4)

Submitted by:
Public Realm
Responsibility:
Public Realm

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (3)

Submitted by:
Public Realm
Responsibility:
Public Realm

Correspondence(No Business)

Motions

Mot (2)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Duff
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

That this Area Committee calls for the introduction of Big Belly Solar bins in Tymon Park to assist this destination Park to reduce the amount of overflow of litter bins, experienced once the warmer weather attracts more visitors to Tymon Park.

Mot (3)

Submitted by:
Councillor Sandra Fay
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

Area Committee commits to including area at Whitestown Stream Jobstown as a funding priority- either as a stand alone project or through the 2022 works projects- with funding streams to be discussed upon managements report on projected costs associated with the area.

Mot (4)

Submitted by:
Councillor Patrick Pearse Holohan
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

This motion is regarding De Selby Lawns, many of the residents have contacted me voicing their concerns. I consider this a matter of urgent attention. The arch way is leading directly onto the Blessington Road which is very dark and dangerous. This is situated 100m from a children´s play area. This needs some sort of gate installation to avoid any serious accidents occurring here. (Photos Attached).

Mot (5)

Submitted by:
Councillor Baby Pereppadan
Responsibility:
Maire Ni Dhomhnaill

To ask the Chief Executive if The Tree Planting Section could plant mature trees and hedges between Verschoyle Drive and the basketball court adjacent to the road due to its close proximity to residents and the associated noise issue (photo attached). Since the construction of the court, it has been having a negative impact on the residents who must frequently deal with the noise caused by the basketball court, especially late into night and in the early mornings. No consideration has been given to these residents for the last few years and they are tired of hearing about the tree planting season being over each time a request is put forward.

Community

Headed Items

H-I (5)

Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech

Deputations for Noting (No business) 

H-I (6)

Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
Community

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (4)

Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
Community

Correspondence (No Business)

Housing

Questions

Qu (5)

Submitted by:
Councillor T. Costello
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech

"To ask the Chief Executive  how many vacant council houses are there in the Tallaght, broken down by Bedroom Size and length of time vacant."

Qu (6)

Submitted by:
Councillor T. Costello
Responsibility:
Neil Hanly

"To ask Chief Executive how many HAP tenancies are active in Citywest."

Qu (7)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Duff
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech

"Could the Chief Executive inform this Area Committee if the Council has Building Insurance in place for all its Housing stock and if so, can tenants use this Insurance, through Housing Maintenance Inspectors, to claim where works are required to repair ceilings and tracing of leaks, where works have been carried out to adapt bathrooms etc, at the tenants or previous tenants own expense and Housing Maintenance refuse to carry out repairs."

Qu (8)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Duff
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech

"Could the Chief Executive please inform this Area Committee the number of exclusion orders issued to people residing in SDCC Social Housing in the Tallaght Area in 2020, as a result of Drug convictions incurred by those residents."

Qu (9)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech

"To ask the Chief Executive to confirm the number of boarded up and unoccupied council houses currently in Tallaght and will he detail actions being taken to allow these houses to be allocated and will he make a statement."

Qu (10)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech

"To ask the Chief Executive if he could now organise the long promised remote meeting with Fettercairn Estate Management Group who continue to cope and deal with the issues of concern in the Estate, will he also update members on matters being dealt with and will he make a statement."

Headed Items

H-I (7)

Submitted by:
Elaine Leech
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech

Anti-Social Quarterly Statistics 2021

H-I (8)

Submitted by:
Housing
Responsibility:
Housing

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (5)

Submitted by:
Housing
Responsibility:
Housing

Correspondence (No Business)

Planning

Headed Items

H-I (9)

Submitted by:
Jim Johnston
Responsibility:
Jim Johnston

Strategic Housing Development Ref. No, SHD3ABP-309731-21 at Lands to the west of Old Belgard Road and north, south and west of Cookstown Road, Cookstown Industrial Estate, Dublin 24.

H-I (10)

Submitted by:
Planning
Responsibility:
Planning

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (6)

Submitted by:
Planning
Responsibility:
Planning

Correspondence (No Business)

Motions

Mot (6)

Submitted by:
Councillor T. Costello
Responsibility:
Eoin Burke

Can Planning Enforcement outline what actions can be taken against existing shopfronts in the Tallaght Village ACA area that are not Historic in appearance or in line with ACA's.

Mot (7)

Submitted by:
Councillor Sandra Fay
Responsibility:
Hazel Craigie

Area Committee commits to recognising and categorising Whitestown Stream at Jobstown as a park. ( possibly as part of Whitestown Stream Linear Park) and will advocate such in upcoming Development Plan.

Transportation

Questions

Qu (11)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

"To ask the Chief Executive to arrange an immediate survey of all footpaths in Virginia Heights and to then include all necessary repairs in the current Footpaths programme and will he please note that some of these footpaths are in a poor and dangerous condition."

Qu (12)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
John Hegarty

"To ask the Chief Executive to take immediate action to deal with the genuine concerns of the residents of Kingswood Village, Old Naas Road, in respect of the issue of HGV's driving through the Village and creating danger as already represented to you, will he give assurances and make a statement."

Headed Items

H-I (11)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Transportation

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (7)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Transportation

Correspondence (No Business)

Motions

Mot (8)

Submitted by:
Councillor Sandra Fay
Responsibility:
John Coughlan

This Area Committee request Chief Executive to look at the potential for increasing use at Whitestown stream Jobstown by cyclists walkers and Community Groups by targeted activity by the Community and Social Inclusion Teams.

Mot (9)

Submitted by:
Councillor Sandra Fay
Responsibility:
John Hegarty

Can Chief Executive update on the proposed discussion between Tallaght Councillors, SDCC and Transport for Ireland regarding Bus Connects Infrastructure projects in the Tallaght Wards.

Libraries & Arts

Questions

Qu (13)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
Bernadette Fennell

"To ask the Chief Executive will he now confirm plans for the opening to the public of Castletymon Library, will he detail services to be offered and also plans to promote the availabilty of services and will he make a statement."

Headed Items

H-I (12)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Orla Scannell

Application for Arts Grants (No Business)

H-I (13)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Bernadette Fennell

Library News & Events

H-I (14)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts

NEW WORKS (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (8)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts

Correspondence (No Business)

Motions

Mot (10)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
Bernadette Fennell

That this Tallaght Area Committee calls on the Chief Executive to revisit the decision to provide a new library building in Rathcoole to cater for the Citywest area, and in considering the matter will the Chief Executive appreciate the strong view of the community in Citywest that the proposed library should be located locally where there is a clear need for facilities and will he make a decision for discussion.

Economic Development

Headed Items

H-I (15)

Submitted by:
Economic Development
Responsibility:
Economic Development

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (9)

Submitted by:
Economic Development
Responsibility:
Economic Development

Correspondence (No Business)

Performance & Change Management

Headed Items

H-I (16)

Submitted by:
Performance & Change Management
Responsibility:
Performance & Change Management

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (10)

Submitted by:
Performance & Change Management
Responsibility:
Performance & Change Management

Correspondence (No Business)

Corporate Support

Headed Items

H-I (17)

Submitted by:
Corporate Support
Responsibility:
Corporate Support

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (11)

Submitted by:
Corporate Support
Responsibility:
Corporate Support

Correspondence (No Business)

Motions

Mot (11)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
Cristina Hurson

"To ask the Chief Executive to contact the Department of Housing, Local Government and Heritage expressing the serious concern of members that difficulties with legislation has caused the delay in holding the plebiscite to change Brookmount Tallaght, to Brookmount Drive, Tallaght as requested by the residents who are upset at the situation and will he note the urgency of the situation."

Mot (12)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech

That this Tallaght Area Committee calls on the Chief Executive to contact Garda Commissioner Drew Harris regarding the concerns of the community in City West in respect of the policing arrangements for the area which clearly needs its own Garda station, and which is currently serviced from Clondalkin and Tallaght Garda stations, will he ask if this is good use of Garda resources and will he seek assurances.

A-Z of All Services