Coucnil Banner Image

Council Meetings

April 2021 Virtual Lucan/Palmerstown/North Clondalkin Area Committee Meeting Agenda


Date:
27/04/2021 15:00
Location:
Virtual Meeting

Headed Items

H-I (1)

Submitted by:
LAC Meeting Administration
Responsibility:
LAC Meeting Administration

Confirmation and Re-affirmation of Minutes of Meeting of March 2021

Environment

Questions

Qu (1)

Submitted by:
Councillor Shane Moynihan
Responsibility:
Michael McAdam

To ask the Chief Executive for a report on the number of anti-dog fouling notices erected over the past 12 months in the Lucan and Palmerstown-Fonthill electoral areas, and the number of prosecutions taken against those whose dog foul has not been picked up by their owners.

Qu (2)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
Michael McAdam

This committee sends its thanks to council staff in community/public realm for all their assistance in providing all the cleanup materials to all the individuals doing their regular clean ups. Given the pride that everyone is taking in their areas, and acknowledging all the estates/areas which have been transformed by ways of new signs, flower beds, pot plants etc could the Chief Executive consider introducing what was known as 'garden completions' many years ago, estate competitions.

Correspondence

Cor (1)

Submitted by:
Environment
Responsibility:
Environment

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (2)

Submitted by:
Environment
Responsibility:
Environment

New Works (No Business)

Motions

Mot (1)

Submitted by:
Councillor E. O'Brien
Responsibility:
Michael McAdam

That this area committee agrees to ask the Environment, Water & Climate Change SPC to examine ways that the Green Dog Walker programme can be further promoted in an effort to increase numbers of Green Dog Walkers in the local area with a view to better combatting incidences of dog fouling

Mot (2)

Submitted by:
Councillor G. O'Connell,Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
Michael McAdam

This council requests the Chief Executive to immediately make provisions for installation of public toilets into L/P/NC area on a temporary basis' in locations that serve the wider community. This requests arises from the many calls, emails etc we as local representatives have received and especially due to the current climate whereby there will be no easing of the restrictions for some-time and from today travel within our county has been extended, from 5km to 20km. Footfall in spaces such as recreational amenities, parks, villages etc are now in higher numbers, and many will be able travel further, but with no access to toilet facilities. We as a county and at national level have been and continue to encourage our citizens, to stay local, shop local and support local. The lack of toilet facilities has become an issue and in many cases causing stress and anxiety. 'Last summer, thousands of people met up for walks and talks in our parks and found themselves at a loss when nature called. Public toilets are needed in order to enjoy 'the outdoors for more than an hour or two' this summer.

Mot (3)

Submitted by:
Councillor Shane Moynihan
Responsibility:
Fionnghuala Ryan,Michael McAdam

To ask the Manager to provide an update on the utility box artwork rollout, detailing where within the Lucan and Palmerstown Fonthill area is next specifically with regard to North Clondalkin.

Water & Drainage

Questions

Qu (3)

Submitted by:
Councillor Shane Moynihan
Responsibility:
Derek Sargent

To ask the Chief Executive for the number of requests made by residents in Lucan and Palmerstown-FOnthill for the unblocking of wastewater drains in the past two years, the number of requests granted and the reasons where rquests were not granted.

Correspondence

Cor (2)

Submitted by:
Water & Drainage
Responsibility:
Water & Drainage

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (3)

Submitted by:
Water & Drainage
Responsibility:
Water & Drainage

New Works (No Business)

Motions

Mot (4)

Submitted by:
Councillor V. Casserly
Responsibility:
Derek Sargent

To call on the manager to carry out a survey on the drainage pipes in Dodsboro due to concerns raised from residents on rodents, cracked drains and poor sewage

Moved Without Debate

Public Realm

Questions

Qu (4)

Submitted by:
Councillor Shane Moynihan
Responsibility:
David Fennell

To ask the Chief Executive to account for the relative lack of public litter bins in the North Clondalkin area, including on long pedestrian walkways, including Neilstown Road and Collinstown Road, if there are plans to install any new ones and if he will make a statement on the matter.

Qu (5)

Submitted by:
Councillor Joanna Tuffy
Responsibility:
David Fennell

To ask the Cheif Executive for an update on the wildflower planting near the footbridge at Cherbury Park

Qu (6)

Submitted by:
Councillor Joanna Tuffy
Responsibility:
David Fennell

To ask the Chief Executive for an update the on Esker Cemetery and any plan for a columbarium and also any audit on numbers of grave plots that might be made available for purchase.

Correspondence

Cor (3)

Submitted by:
Public Realm
Responsibility:
Public Realm

Correspondence(No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (4)

Submitted by:
Public Realm
Responsibility:
Public Realm

New Works (No Business)

Motions

Mot (5)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
David Fennell

This committee requests that the Chief Executive examines the area along the boundary of Fforester / ORR R136 as mapped out in the photos attached, the request is asking that the council place a more effective  protection structure along this gap, for the reasons outlined below. Please see attached area of railings requested to be covered with thick shrubbery

The area in Fforster Green with exposed railings in front of 8 houses is not a large area, which has not been afforded coverage despite the fact that parts of the road of r136 is protected either with shrubbery or other  types of boundary protection.  

The area next to Fforster green has mature trees protecting their houses.

As can be seen from images attached it is completely exposed, it is quite a small area to be covered and it is something the council have done for other estates beside us.

Mot (6)

Submitted by:
Councillor Shane Moynihan
Responsibility:
David Fennell

To ask the Chief Executive to undertake remediation works in Collinstown Park to prevent flooding in parts of the park and improve drainage

Moved Without Debate

Mot (7)

Submitted by:
Councillor Derren Ó Brádaigh
Responsibility:
David Fennell

The recent upsurge in littering in our parks has to some degree come about as a result of increased footfall amidst the Covid pandemic. Collinstown Park has zero public bins - either inside or outside the park! To now ask the manager to be proactive and preempt the predictable increase in usage of outdoor public amenities as we approach the summer period by agreeing to four new bin units at; both main entrances on Collinstown Rd, one at entrance Collinstown estate and one at entrance Palmerstown Woods.

Mot (8)

Submitted by:
Councillor P. Gogarty
Responsibility:
David Fennell

That the Chief Executive discusses and examines a plan to improve and/or make better usage of the locked-in green space in the attached photograph given ongoing problems reported by residents as outlined in a recent membersrep by this Councillor and at this meeting; and if a statement can be made on the matter.

Mot (9)

Submitted by:
Councillor G. O'Connell
Responsibility:
Suzanne Furlong

This committee requests that the Council investigate the feasibility of providing a Community Hub, to be created over a phased period to include facilities such as Tennis Courts, Toilets, etc adjacent to the main playground in Waterstown Park with a view to include initial funding in the 2022 Budget.

Mot (10)

Submitted by:
Councillor P. Gogarty
Responsibility:
David Fennell

That the Chief Executive puts in place a short term and medium term improvement plan for better maintenance and public enjoyment of the green space area adjoining Hillcrest Heights/Park beside The Paddocks following repeated multiple complaints about dumping and vandalism at this location; to optimise any proposed new opening/walkway between the two areas in consultation with residents as part of this; and if a statement can be made on the matter.

Community

Correspondence

Cor (4)

Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
Community

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (5)

Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
Community

New Works (No Business)

H-I (6)

Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
Cathy Purdy Fitzgerald

Deputations for Noting (No Business)

Motions

Mot (11)

Submitted by:
Councillor Joanna Tuffy
Responsibility:
Cathy Purdy Fitzgerald

To ask the Chief Executive for an update on the building of Lucan Swimming Pool and how the Covid restrictions have impacted on expected stages of building it and also the refurbishment of the existing leisure centre

Housing

Questions

Qu (7)

Submitted by:
Councillor Shane Moynihan
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech

To ask the Chief Executive for the number of void units in the Lucan and Palmerstown-Fonthill electoral areas, by month for the past twelve months and to provide an overview of the reasons for the delay in having this voids occupied, and if he will make a statement on the matter.

Qu (8)

Submitted by:
Councillor Derren Ó Brádaigh
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech

To ask the Chief Executive to provide a report on how many homes are waiting for window replacements, North of Naas Road, in the enhanced window replacement programme, the average waiting time, what impact Covid restrictions have had on delays in the programme and what additional resources have been put in place to meet the demand for this service?

Correspondence

Cor (5)

Submitted by:
Housing
Responsibility:
Housing

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (7)

Submitted by:
Housing
Responsibility:
Housing

New Works (No Business)

H-I (8)

Submitted by:
Housing Administration
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech

Quarterly Report on Anti-Social Behaviour

Motions

Mot (12)

Submitted by:
Councillor Shane Moynihan
Responsibility:
Marguerite Staunton

To ask the Chief Executive for an update on the timeline for construction of the new Part 8 at Balgaddy, as well as the promised community centre.

Moved Without Debate

Mot (13)

Submitted by:
Councillor Derren Ó Brádaigh
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech

To ask the Chief Executive to provide a report for discussion on the ongoing issues with roof leaks at properties in Foxdene Avenue, Meile Rí, Buirg an Rí and Tor an Rí that are the subject of continued investigation and to outline if the council are working on finding a long term solution to the ongoing problems, to include any budget allocated amount for this work and when will the works be carried out.

Moved Without Debate

Planning

Questions

Qu (9)

Submitted by:
Councillor Joanna Tuffy
Responsibility:
Eoin Burke

To ask the Manager for an update on plans for an Adamstown Innovation/Enterprise Centre including the proposed location

Correspondence

Cor (6)

Submitted by:
Planning
Responsibility:
Planning

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (9)

Submitted by:
Planning
Responsibility:
Planning

New Works (No Business)

Motions

Mot (14)

Submitted by:
Councillor Derren Ó Brádaigh
Responsibility:
Chris Shanahan,Mary Maguire

The residents of St Edmunds, Lucan are having problems with a bond held by AIB Bank on behalf of South Dublin County Council. The bond is urgently required to repair some cobble block in the estate that has now become very dangerous. There are also some lighting issues that need addressing by this bond. To now ask the manager to provide a report for discussion on the progress that SDCC have made in engaging with the Bond provider with a view to finding a resolution.

Mot (15)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
Eoin Burke

To ask the Chief Executive to provide an update on the planning application for permanent building for Griffeen Community College, to advise what the plans are regarding size, location on the site, it's intended exits/entrances and facilities to be included. When will the members will be expected to see a Section183 for these lands.

Transportation

Questions

Qu (10)

Submitted by:
Councillor P. Gogarty
Responsibility:
John Hegarty

To ask the Chief Executive, following motions tabled last month and discussions between officials and residents, if he can outline the timescale for the implementation of physical social distance measures directly outside Lucan Educate Together National School and the widening of cycle/footpath areas previously discussed from the roundabout up to the school; given the urgency of doing this during the current Covid restrictions with all students back in the school; and if a statement can be made on the matter?

Qu (11)

Submitted by:
Councillor P. Gogarty
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

To ask the Chief Executive if Hillcrest Way can be prioritised by the contractor as part of the upcoming scheduled works for Hillcrest in 2021 and especially outside 53/55 as there have been multiple reports to this rep of people being injured at this location, even after a temporary fix?

Qu (12)

Submitted by:
Councillor Alan Hayes
Responsibility:
John Hegarty

To ask the Chief Executive to confirm if SDCC intends to take in charge any part of the lands on the Vincent Byrne site in Palmerstown once the 250 apartments have been constructed and if so, to explain why this is in the interest of Council and public.

Qu (13)

Submitted by:
Councillor Alan Hayes
Responsibility:
John Hegarty

To ask the chief executive that in light of recent planning developments in the Palmerstown area, including the part commencement of works on 250 build to rent apartments at the Vincent Byrne site, the granting of permission for a hotel on the same junction and the large extension granted to Liffey Valley shopping centre, along with the proposed Bus Connects scheme, to what extent has the Council considered the traffic impact on the surrounding areas, in particular the Kennelsfort road and R148 junction and the Kennelsfort road and Coldcut road junctions and what the expected impact on the surrounding communities will be in relation to congestion and air quality and if he will make a statement on the matter.

Qu (14)

Submitted by:
Councillor Shane Moynihan
Responsibility:
John Hegarty

To ask the Chief Executive for a list of those areas in the Lucan and Palmerstown-Fonthill electoral areas that are yet to be taken-in-charge and what areas are planned to be taken-in-charge during 2021 and if he will make a statement on the matter.

Qu (15)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
John Hegarty

This committee asks the Chief Executive to confirm what plans are in place for previously agreed improved safety measures at the pedestrian crossings/roundabouts on the L1011 and on Hayden's lane / Griffeen road. to also confirm if drawings could be provided and if the process requires public consultation and/or council approval.

Correspondence

Cor (7)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Transportation

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (10)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Transportation

New Works (No Business)

H-I (11)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Transportation

Proposed Declaration of Roads to be Public Roads (No Business)

Motions

Mot (16)

Submitted by:
Councillor Derren Ó Brádaigh
Responsibility:
John Hegarty

To ask that this council agree to put in place a set of road markings, in the form of a yellow box, clearly indicating 'Emergency Vehicle Parking Only' outside the busy Manor Road Surgery and to extend to cover the area to the front of the adjoining lane used by residents for vehicular access. The surgery has experienced serious parking issues with ambulances on arrival to emergencies in the past and this will also help to serve as a 'Drop off' area for elderly, disabled and patients with limited mobility.

Mot (17)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
John Hegarty

That the Chief Executive to agree to putting in new and improved safety pedestrian , ease of use along the L1011 outside Finnstown Abbey estate as its heavily used by pedestrians, cyclists, wheelchair and buggy users. The grass verge around the trees has been worn away due to its constant use and it's been suggested by pedestrians to place surface around the trees and along the green to ease the challenges which all users have getting pass each other.

Mot (18)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Johansson
Responsibility:
Caitriona Lambert

That the Chief Executive provide an update on the timescale for the District Centre Enhancement Scheme at Neilstown Shops, and that outdoor seating would be provided at the currently unused space beside the community centre regardless of the progression of the DCES.

Mot (19)

Submitted by:
Councillor V. Casserly
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

To call on Management to adequately dish kerbs at dispensary lane for safe crossing to the health centre. Images attached of current finish which is far from adequate.

Moved Without Debate

Mot (20)

Submitted by:
Councillor G. O'Connell
Responsibility:
John Hegarty

That the Chief Executive provide an update on progress in delivering on the proposed 3.5T restriction for the cell between the Oval and Kennelsfort Road as set out in the Manager's report below, and to indicate in the answer why it has taken so long to have the decision implemented.

Tuesday, September 24, 2019 MOTION NO. 25 MOTION: Councillor G. O'Connell, Councillor P. Gogarty

That a full review be carried out into requests by residents (the subject of several motions and questions over the years) for a 3.5T restriction on Kennelsfort Rd, and on the 'Cell' between the R148 at the Oval and Kennelsfort road. To include the decision of the full Council (H.12 {11} July 2015) to have a 3.5T restriction on Kennelsfort Rd and the decision of the then Lucan LAC (November 2016 Item ID: 51367) to impose a 3.5T restriction on the cell between the Oval and Kennelsfort Road, neither of which have been acted upon. And that a full report be brought before this LAC for consideration at the October 2019 meeting.

REPORT: There is a weight restriction of 7.5 tonnes on the Kennelsfort Road which was applied in accordance with the Council's policy document 'The Mobility and Management of Heavy Goods Vehicles (HGV's) on South Dublin County Road Network'. This policy was adopted by the members of South Dublin County Council in 2013. The installation of a HGV restriction is an executive function requiring consultation with the Garda Commissioner. It is the position of SDCC and An Garda Siochana that the appropriate limit is in place on Kennelsfort Road as outlined on a number of occasions. SDCC has agreed to a 3.5 tonne weight restriction on the estate roads between the Oval and Kennelsfort Road. This has been communicated on a number of occasions to An Garda Siochana. No response has been received.

Mot (21)

Submitted by:
Councillor Joanna Tuffy
Responsibility:
John Coughlan

To ask the Manager to give an update on the Celbridge Link Road

Motion Falls

Mot (22)

Submitted by:
Councillor Derren Ó Brádaigh
Responsibility:
John Hegarty

To ask the manager that a Pedestrian crossing be re-examined with a view to locating such a crossing that will enable users of Stewarts in Palmerstown village to cross safely towards the main campus and Sports Centre. Speed bumps have been put in on this road. Whilst this does slow down traffic, service users feel a pedestrian crossing is now needed. There have been new Stewarts hubs set up recently on the corner(including by Roma chipper and Boyle Sports) adding to footfall and road safety need.

Mot (23)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Johansson
Responsibility:
John Hegarty

That the Chief Executive, in light of the proposed Canal Loop Cycle Way, commence a comprehensive traffic study in Lucan Village to find out the origin/destination of traffic through the village and explore options to reduce traffic including the possibilities of a one-way system and pedestrianisation of sections of the village.

Mot (24)

Submitted by:
Councillor V. Casserly
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

To call on the manager to include Lucan Heights roads for upgrade in the programme of works. Images attached

Moved Without Debate

Libraries & Arts

Questions

Qu (16)

Submitted by:
Councillor Joanna Tuffy
Responsibility:
Bernadette Fennell

To ask the Cheif Executive for an update on the plans for a mobile library service to Sarsfield Park Lucan

Correspondence

Cor (8)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (12)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts

NEW WORKS (No Business)

H-I (13)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Orla Scannell

Application for Arts Grants (No Business)

H-I (14)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Bernadette Fennell

Library News & Events

Economic Development

Questions

Qu (17)

Submitted by:
Councillor Alan Hayes
Responsibility:
Laura Leonard

To ask the Chief Executive of SDCC if the Council will make an approach to the owner(s) of the land between Waterstown Park and Mill Lane in Palmerstown to ascertain the current owners position regarding a long term lease or sale of the land to SDCC for public use and for ease of access to the southern landing of the Silver Bridge.

Qu (18)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Johansson
Responsibility:
Laura Leonard

To ask the Chief Executive for an update on the possible development of the Lock Keeper's Cottage on the canal and if funding has been approved by Waterways Ireland for this project?

Qu (19)

Submitted by:
Councillor Shane Moynihan
Responsibility:
Thomas Rooney

To ask the Chief Executive if there are plans for the use of the Grange Castle for public events or to welcome tourists as soon as Covid restrictions lift, and if there is extra work required to facilitate this (litter bins, benches etc).

Qu (20)

Submitted by:
Councillor E. O'Brien
Responsibility:
Laura Leonard

To ask the Chief Executive Officer to confirm the current situation in relation to the extension of the Grand Canal Greenway between the 12th Lock and Hazel Hatch, can he confirm that an application for funding was made to the NTA and what the result of that application was, can he confirm if it is intended to make a further application and will he make a statement

Correspondence

Cor (9)

Submitted by:
Economic Development
Responsibility:
Economic Development

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (15)

Submitted by:
Economic Development
Responsibility:
Economic Development

New Works (No Business)

Motions

Mot (25)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
Laura Leonard

That the Chief Executive provides a detailed report on the council owned lands along the canal 12th lock area and includes maps marking the buildings that are council owned and inform members what timeframe is in place to turn this section of the canal into a tourist / community amenity. Also ask if this could be agreed to be sent to relevant SPC as an agenda item. Including link to the recently launched greenway

Performance & Change Management

Correspondence

Cor (10)

Submitted by:
Performance & Change Management
Responsibility:
Performance & Change Management

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (16)

Submitted by:
Performance & Change Management
Responsibility:
Performance & Change Management

New Works (No Business)

Corporate Support

Questions

Qu (21)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Johansson
Responsibility:
Brenda Pierce

To ask the Chief Executive to provide a report including the timeframe, and a link to proposals for village enhancement programme in Lucan village?

Qu (22)

Submitted by:
Councillor E. O'Brien
Responsibility:
Brenda Pierce

To ask the Chief Executive Officer to confirm the number of engagements to date in relation to the informal consultation on the Grand Canal Loop Greenway, can he advise the nature of these engagements, if they are predominantly positive or negative and the number if any recieved from outside the Lucan area

Qu (23)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
Sheila Kelly

To ask Chief Executive to write to Dublin bus requesting for a relocation of bus stop in lucan village (see map attached) to allow for local business to avail of outdoor dining during these challenging times. If this could be examined as a measure on a temporary basis.

Qu (24)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
Sheila Kelly

To ask Chief Executive to arrange with Waterways Ireland to install additional litter bins along canal as the footfall has increased in the last year.

Correspondence

Cor (11)

Submitted by:
Corporate Support
Responsibility:
Corporate Support

Correspondence

Headed Items

H-I (17)

Submitted by:
Corporate Support
Responsibility:
Corporate Support

New Works (No Business)

Motions

Mot (26)

Submitted by:
Councillor G. O'Connell
Responsibility:
Sheila Kelly

This committee requests that the Chief Executive write to Google asking for a meeting with the Lucan Palmerstown North Clondalkin Area Committee where a discussion can take place on the methods Google uses to decide on place names/locations given the need for accuracy on residential and business addresses, e.g. Palmerston is not an address and is misleading for anyone looking for Palmerstown Village or any residence or business with an address in Palmerstown. Similarly, Palmerstown Court is in Palmerstown not Ballyfermot Upper.

Mot (27)

Submitted by:
Councillor Shane Moynihan
Responsibility:
Cristina Hurson

That this Area Committee resolves to meet in various appropriate venues around the Lucan and Palmerstown-Fonthill electoral areas using the new capability enabled by remote technology, when COVID restrictions allow.

Moved Without Debate

A-Z of All Services