Coucnil Banner Image

Council Meetings

11th May 2021 Rathfarnham/Templeogue/Firhouse/Bohernabreena Area Committee Meeting Agenda


Date:
11/05/2021 15:00
Location:
Virtual Meeting

Headed Items

H-I (1)

Submitted by:
LAC Meeting Administration
Responsibility:
Mary Maguire

Confirmation and Re-affirmation of Minutes of Meeting of 13/04/2021

Housing

Correspondence

Cor (1)

Submitted by:
Housing
Responsibility:
Housing

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (2)

Submitted by:
Housing
Responsibility:
Housing

New Works (No Business)

H-I (3)

Submitted by:
Neil Hanly
Responsibility:
Neil Hanly

Housing Allocations Report - Quarterly

H-I (4)

Submitted by:
Marguerite Staunton
Responsibility:
Marguerite Staunton

Housing Supply Report quarterly 

Community

Correspondence

Cor (2)

Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
Community

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (5)

Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
Community

New Works (No Business)

H-I (6)

Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
Cathy Purdy Fitzgerald

Deputations for Noting - NO BUSINESS

Motions

Mot (1)

Submitted by:
Councillor Yvonne Collins
Responsibility:
Jonathan Hayden

To ask the Council to consider funding for outdoor facilities for basketball within our area to enable this sport to be played despite the restrictions necessitated by the current pandemic

 

Transportation

Questions

Qu (1)

Submitted by:
Councillor B. Lawlor
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

To ask the Chief executive to repair ground at footpath level at the intersection of Ballycullen Road & Ballycullen Ave where work was carried out recently.

 

Qu (2)

Submitted by:
Councillor David McManus
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

To ask what is planned for a small public area opposite 9B Riverside Cottages Templeogue where hardcore stones were removed and soil inserted? A photo is attached.

 

Qu (3)

Submitted by:
Councillor David McManus
Responsibility:
Ally Menary

To ask Council Management to provide feedback on how safer walking and cycling might be encouraged for parents with kids between Grange Downs to Divine Word N.S. along Grange Manor Road in Rathfarnham, considering the large number of cars at school times.

 

Qu (4)

Submitted by:
Councillor D. O'Donovan
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

To ask the Manager to repair the newly upgraded footpaths in Delaford Ave, which have started to break up, despite only being finished last year.

 

Correspondence

Cor (3)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Transportation

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (7)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Transportation

New Works (No Business)

H-I (8)

Submitted by:
John Coughlan
Responsibility:
Joe Kelly,John Coughlan

Commencement of Grange Road phase 2

H-I (9)

Submitted by:
Caitriona Lambert
Responsibility:
Caitriona Lambert

Templeogue Village Initiative update

H-I (10)

Submitted by:
Joe Kelly
Responsibility:
Joe Kelly,John Coughlan

Templeville Road Scheme

H-I (11)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Transportation

Proposed Declaration of Roads to be Public Roads - NO BUSINESS

Motions

Mot (2)

Submitted by:
Councillor Yvonne Collins
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

To ask the Council for an update as to the cause of the extensive run off water from Tournville Lodge onto Church Lane in Rathfarnham

 

Mot (3)

Submitted by:
Councillor Carly Bailey
Responsibility:
John Hegarty

That this ACM calls for a pedestrian crossing to be installed at or near to the new shops at St James Road to allow for safe crossing by pedestrians, students and Greenhills Park users.

 

Mot (4)

Submitted by:
Councillor Alan Edge
Responsibility:
John Hegarty

That this Area Committee calls on the Chief Executive to remind cyclists enjoying the Dublin Mountains to watch their speed and to be mindful of pedestrians following an incident where a Glenasmole resident was injured by a collision with a cyclist travelling at speed near the Upper Reservoir.

 

Mot (5)

Submitted by:
Councillor P. Kearns
Responsibility:
Joe Kelly,John Coughlan

That this committee calls on the manager to review the current temporary cycle track on Wellington lane. As things currently stand if there is traffic side by side on the road there is no room for emergency services to pass. This is a serious health and safety risk.

 

Mot (6)

Submitted by:
Councillor Carly Bailey
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

That this ACM requests that an assessment of all footpaths and curbs in the Manor Estate takes place and necessary repairs take place as a result.

 

Mot (7)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. Donaghy
Responsibility:
John Hegarty

That this Area Committee asks the Council to take additional steps to dissuade school traffic from blocking footpaths and cycle lanes at school drop-off and pick-up times, including clear signage and targeted enforcement where necessary.

 

Mot (8)

Submitted by:
Councillor Yvonne Collins
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

To ask the manager to arrange an inspection of the Main Street in Rathfarnham Village with a view to carrying out necessary works to properly repair and resurface the public roadway. Please see attached photo.

 

Mot (9)

Submitted by:
Councillor P. Kearns
Responsibility:
John Hegarty

That this committee calls on the manager to address the situation on Whitehall road, whereby due to the extension of outdoor facilities outside some commercial premises the footpath is rendered impassable and dangerous for people with a buggy or in a wheelchair.

 

Planning

Questions

Qu (5)

Submitted by:
Councillor E. Murphy
Responsibility:
Eoin Burke

Can the Council please provide an update on the provision of crèche facilities in Dodderbrook? The estate is almost complete and the planning conditions for the crèche have not yet been met.

 

Correspondence

Cor (4)

Submitted by:
Planning
Responsibility:
Planning

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (12)

Submitted by:
Planning
Responsibility:
Jim Johnston

Strategic Housing Development, Ref. SHD3ABP-309836-21- 241 residential Units at White Pines East, Lands north of Stocking Avenue, Stocking Avenue. Woodstown, Dublin 16.

Economic Development

Correspondence

Cor (5)

Submitted by:
Economic Development
Responsibility:
Economic Development

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (13)

Submitted by:
Economic Development
Responsibility:
Economic Development

New Works (No Business)

Libraries & Arts

Correspondence

Cor (6)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (14)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts

NEW WORKS (No Business)

H-I (15)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Bernadette Fennell

Library News & Events

H-I (16)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Orla Scannell

Application for Arts Grants - NO BUSINESS

Corporate Support

Correspondence

Cor (7)

Submitted by:
Corporate Support
Responsibility:
Corporate Support

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (17)

Submitted by:
Corporate Support
Responsibility:
Corporate Support

New Works (No Business)

Performance & Change Management

Correspondence

Cor (8)

Submitted by:
Performance & Change Management
Responsibility:
Performance & Change Management

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (18)

Submitted by:
Performance & Change Management
Responsibility:
Performance & Change Management

New Works (No Business)

Environment

Correspondence

Cor (9)

Submitted by:
Environment
Responsibility:
Environment

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (19)

Submitted by:
Environment
Responsibility:
Environment

New Works (No Business)

Motions

Mot (10)

Submitted by:
Councillor E. Murphy
Responsibility:
Brenda Shannon

That this Area Committee addresses the issues with littering and anti-social behaviour in Delaford Park. The park is being destroyed week in week out affecting the general public and Knocklyon United

Water & Drainage

Correspondence

Cor (10)

Submitted by:
Water & Drainage
Responsibility:
Water & Drainage

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (20)

Submitted by:
Water & Drainage
Responsibility:
Water & Drainage

New Works (No Business)

Motions

Mot (11)

Submitted by:
Councillor Alan Edge
Responsibility:
Derek Sargent

To ask the Chief Executive how many housing estates falling within the remit of this Area Committee are not connected to mains sewerage and to report on compliance procedures in respect of the same.

 

Public Realm

Questions

Qu (6)

Submitted by:
Councillor Carly Bailey
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

To ask the Chief Executive of the expected timeline to replace the recently burned table at the picnic area near to the lakes at the Limekiln end of Tymon Park. Can the Manager confirm the cost of the repair and would they care to make a statement on the matter?

 

Qu (7)

Submitted by:
Councillor Alan Edge
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

To ask the Parks department to provide an update on the proposed works for Knocklyon Park.

 

Qu (8)

Submitted by:
Councillor David McManus
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

To ask management if the grass verge on Stocking Lane outside the Airpark estate to the M50 bridge can be cut using other means to ensure every part is cut evenly? Access for a ride-on lawn mower may be restricted by the metal barrier to the M50 birdge.

 

Qu (9)

Submitted by:
Councillor D. O'Donovan
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

To ask the Manager to repair the black tarmac path leading down from the back of Knocklyon Grove, past Idrone Park down towards Knocklyon Close. It has become raised and cracked due to the overgrown roots of a tree and poses a danger to older local residents out walking after dark.

 

Correspondence

Cor (11)

Submitted by:
Public Realm
Responsibility:
Public Realm

Correspondence(No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (21)

Submitted by:
Public Realm
Responsibility:
Public Realm

New Works (No Business)

Motions

Mot (12)

Submitted by:
Councillor Yvonne Collins
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

To ask the Council to provide more bins or bigger bins or a more frequent collection service to cope with the amount of rubbish being discarded in our parks and public areas

 

Mot (13)

Submitted by:
Councillor Carly Bailey
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

That this local area committee requests an audit in relation to public lighting in Greenhills Park, especially around and near to the laneways, including St. Brendan's Crescent for example as well as improved lighting up to the Community centre. That public lighting would be installed where the audit finds that this would improve visibility and safety. I have also requested a biodiversity plan for this park, and I fully appreciate the need to be mindful of the habitats living there. I have been contacted by a lot of residents with safety concerns. A recent approach to two young teenagers has re-engaged requests for public lighting for this park and outer areas. I believe a balance can be struck. I would refer management to consider the findings of the recent safety audit carried out in Clondalkin and presented to the JPC.

 

Mot (14)

Submitted by:
Councillor Alan Edge
Responsibility:
Suzanne Furlong

That this Committee request that a path be installed between Ellensborough View and the Kiltipper Woods entrance to Kiltipper Park to facilitate the increased volume of foot traffic.

 

Mot (15)

Submitted by:
Councillor D. O'Donovan
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

That the Manager carries out repairs to the footpath leading from the Scholarstown Park estate through Dargle Wood Park towards 157 Dargle Wood. It has become overgrown and is dangerously cracked and uneven.

 

Mot (16)

Submitted by:
Councillor E. Murphy
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

That this Area Committee supports the immediate installation of litter bins along the Kiltipper Road and into Dodder Valley Park. Previous motions on this topic were passed in 2020 yet no action has been taken.

 

Mot (17)

Submitted by:
Councillor R. McMahon
Responsibility:
Suzanne Furlong

That the manager create a small car park at Callaghans Bridge in Bohernabreena, where the entrance is into Kiltipper Park, to ease the congestion in the area and lack of parking for walkers of the Waterworks.

 

Mot (18)

Submitted by:
Councillor David McManus
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

That this Area Committee requests a wooden fence at the corner of Greentrees Park and Limekiln Lane providing access to the park, is rebuilt after recent damage.

 

Mot (19)

Submitted by:
Councillor P. Kearns
Responsibility:
Maire Ni Dhomhnaill

That this committee call on the manager to replace the trees that were removed from Fernhill Road, Greenhills at the next earliest opportunity.

 

Mot (20)

Submitted by:
Councillor Yvonne Collins
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

To ask the manager where exactly the proposed railing for Knockcullen Rise will be situated. Will it be along the roadside or will it be across the opening that used to be the entrance to the estate? Will this railing be in addition to or instead of the traditional hedgerow?

 

Mot (21)

Submitted by:
Councillor E. Murphy
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

That this Area Committee requests the implementation of wildflower gardens at locations unused verges, walkways and roundabouts across the Firhouse Bohernabreena LEA.

 

Mot (22)

Submitted by:
Councillor Yvonne Collins
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

To ask the Council to provide seating facing towards the pitches in St. Jude's in Templeogue

 

A-Z of All Services