Coucnil Banner Image

Council Meetings

24th May 2021 Tallaght Area Committee Meeting Agenda


Date:
24/05/2021 15:00
Location:
Virtual Meeting
Standing Orders:
View

Dev Plan 2022-2028 Briefing for Councillors at AC Level. <br />2.00pm to 3.00pm

Headed Items

H-I (1)

Submitted by:
Elaine Leech
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech

Minutes from Tallaght Area Committee Meeting 26th April 2021

Housing

Questions

Qu (1)

Submitted by:
Councillor Patrick Pearse Holohan
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech

"How long approximately, for an application for the Rebuilding Ireland Loan to be processed from start to decision?"

Qu (2)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
Marguerite Staunton

"To ask the Chief Executive to detail the schedules being followed in respect of the social housing sites in Tallaght following delays occasioned by the lockdown restrictions and will he make a statement?".

Qu (3)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
Marguerite Staunton

"To ask the Chief Executive to present an update in respect of proposals for the approved housing development at Old Bawn Rd will he detail contacts with the local community in respect of the matter and will he detail plans to facilitate the concerns previously expressed by Tymon Bawn football club in respect of the impact on their playing pitch and will he make a statement?".

Qu (4)

Submitted by:
Councillor D. Richardson
Responsibility:
Marguerite Staunton

"Can the Chief Executive make a report of when the new houses for Killinarden and Club House for Sacred Heart will start and report on when club house will be finished by?".

Qu (5)

Submitted by:
Councillor D. Richardson
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech

"Can the Chief Executive make a report on Hazel Hill halting site regarding anti social behaviour and report on the damage to the houses that were set on fire and in the report could the Chief Executive comment is this site fit for purpose under health and safety grounds?".

Headed Items

H-I (2)

Submitted by:
Marguerite Staunton
Responsibility:
Marguerite Staunton

Housing Procurement Quarterly Report 2021

H-I (3)

Submitted by:
Neil Hanly
Responsibility:
Neil Hanly

Housing Allocations Quarterly Report 2021

H-I (4)

Submitted by:
Housing
Responsibility:
Housing

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (1)

Submitted by:
Housing
Responsibility:
Housing

Correspondence (No Business)

Motions

Mot (1)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. Dunne
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech

"This Area Commmittee calls on the Chief Executive to put anti climb paint on the back garden walls of Bawnlea Avenue that lead onto Dromcarra Green due to the increase of anti-social behavior in the area whereby youths are climbing into the residents back gardens and are involved in intimidating behaviour".

Community

Questions

Qu (6)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. Dunne
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech

"Given that Cairns home has withdrawn its application SHD3ABP-308985-20 and the Council had been in discussions with them in relation to how best secure a space for a community Centre for the Citywest area. Can the Chief Executive inform this committee of what plans the Council has now to ensure that the Community Centre will be delivered for the Community? or if discussions with other Developers has had any further progress?".

Qu (7)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. Dunne
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech

"To ask the Chief Executive, under the Property Act 1954 can Unit 4 Belfry Hall, Citywest, Dublin 24 go to the state? This unit has been vacant since 2006, the property had belonged to a now dissolved company Hollioake Land Ltd. Can you inform the Committee of its status, if the Council are aware of the vacancy or have any plans to bring this property into community or commercial use?"

Qu (8)

Submitted by:
Councillor D. Richardson
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech

"Can the Chief Executive report if there is any funding available for Community Centers due to covid pandemic, our Community Centers are struggling for funds for insurance and day to day running. Can the Chief Executive make a report on this?".

Qu (9)

Submitted by:
Councillor Baby Pereppadan
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech

"To ask the Chief Executive to provide details of any progress regarding the installation of a much needed Community Centre in Citywest?"

Headed Items

H-I (5)

Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech

Deputations for Noting (No Business)

H-I (6)

Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
Community

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (2)

Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
Community

Correspondence (No Business)

Transportation

Questions

Qu (10)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Duff
Responsibility:
Caitriona Lambert

"Could the Chief Executive please supply an update on the rollout of LED upgrade of public lighting, and could the Chief Executive also advise this Committee on the progress if any regarding the areas with older electrical infrastructure?".

Qu (11)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
Kevin Reilly

"To ask the Chief Executive to confirm his plans to provide suitable 'Welcome to Tallaght' signage two entry points to our County town and will he make a statement in the matter?".

Qu (12)

Submitted by:
Councillor D. Richardson
Responsibility:
John Hegarty

"Can this Council please provide a set of pedestrian lights at sacred Heart FC in Killinarden. We will see another 500 houses developed with a new club house with most children walking to play football at the club and with increase of traffic in the area with exit from Elder Heath. Lights are required in this area?".

Headed Items

H-I (7)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Transportation

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (3)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Transportation

Correspondence (No Business)

Planning

Questions

Qu (13)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
Eoin Burke

"To ask the Chief Executive to detail the active planning enforcement files in respect of buildings in Tallaght village and will he furnish and update in each case?".

Qu (14)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Duff
Responsibility:
Eoin Burke

Could the Chief Executive provide an update to the Enforcement issues, identified in a previous question by Cllr O'Connor (Item 67293), and what progress has he made in the matters?

Headed Items

H-I (8)

Submitted by:
Planning
Responsibility:
Planning

New Works (No Business)

H-I (9)

Submitted by:
Jim Johnston
Responsibility:
Jim Johnston

Strategic Housing Development Ref. No. SHD3ABP-309916-21 - Lands at The Glen Abbey Complex, Belgard Road, Tallaght, Dublin 24.

H-I (10)

Submitted by:
Eoin Burke
Responsibility:
Eoin Burke

Enforcement update in Architectural Conservation Area.

 

Correspondence

Cor (4)

Submitted by:
Planning
Responsibility:
Planning

Correspondence (No Business)

Economic Development

Questions

Qu (15)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
Laura Leonard

"To ask the Chief Executive to report on any meetings he has had with Shamrock Rovers football club to discuss planned moves of their operations to the proposed new fourth stand and will he make a statement?".

Qu (16)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
Thomas Rooney

"To ask the Chief Executive to confirm actions open to him to ensure that any employment opportunities continue to be attracted to Cookstown Industrial Estate and will he also detail efforts to improve the image of this area and will he make a statement?".

Qu (17)

Submitted by:
Councillor D. Richardson
Responsibility:
Laura Leonard

"Can the Chief Executive make a statement regarding new stand at Tallaght Stadium and when this project will start and finish date?".

Headed Items

H-I (11)

Submitted by:
Economic Development
Responsibility:
Economic Development

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (5)

Submitted by:
Economic Development
Responsibility:
Economic Development

Correspondence (No Business)

Libraries & Arts

Questions

Qu (18)

Submitted by:
Councillor Baby Pereppadan
Responsibility:
Bernadette Fennell

"To ask the Chief Executive to provide details of any progress regarding the installation of a Library in Citywest?"

Headed Items

H-I (12)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Orla Scannell

Application for Arts Grants (No Business)

H-I (13)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Bernadette Fennell

Library News & Events

H-I (14)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts

NEW WORKS (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (6)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts

Correspondence (No Business)

Corporate Support

Headed Items

H-I (15)

Submitted by:
Corporate Support
Responsibility:
Corporate Support

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (7)

Submitted by:
Corporate Support
Responsibility:
Corporate Support

 Correspondence

Performance & Change Management

Headed Items

H-I (16)

Submitted by:
Performance & Change Management
Responsibility:
Performance & Change Management

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (8)

Submitted by:
Performance & Change Management
Responsibility:
Performance & Change Management

Correspondence (No Business)

Water & Drainage

Headed Items

H-I (17)

Submitted by:
Water & Drainage
Responsibility:
Water & Drainage

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (9)

Submitted by:
Water & Drainage
Responsibility:
Water & Drainage

Correspondence (No Business)

Public Realm

Questions

Qu (19)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

"To ask the Chief Executive if there are any plans for further development of the facilities at the so called '30 acres' on Greenhills Road and will he confirm any contacts with the Community in Bancroft Estate in respect of the matter and will he make a statement?"

Qu (20)

Submitted by:
Councillor D. Richardson
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

"Can the Chief Executive replace the Wooden fence at Killinarden Way opposite Sacred Heart School , the current fence is broke and causing a safety issue?".

Headed Items

H-I (18)

Submitted by:
Public Realm
Responsibility:
Public Realm

New Works (No Business)

H-I (19)

Submitted by:
Leo Magee
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

Report on Whitestown Stream in Jobstown

Correspondence

Cor (10)

Submitted by:
Public Realm
Responsibility:
Public Realm

Correspondence(No Business)

Motions

Mot (2)

Submitted by:
Councillor T. Costello
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

To ask the Chief Executive in light of the damage to TRFC pitch on Saturday 8th May where a car was burned out on the pitch, has an investigation be undertaken and what measures have been taken to ensure that this will not happen again and can the pitch be repaired asap".

Mot (3)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Duff
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

"Following on from the deliberate destruction on the night of 8th May, or the early hours of 9th of May of one of the goal posts and the burning out of a car under the posts on the pitch at Tymon Park used by Tallaght Rugby Club and Tallaght Community School rugby teams, this Area Committee calls on the Chief Executive to investigate how this car was able to access Tymon Park, were there any gates or access points left open and to take whatever measures necessary to prevent a repeat of this despicable incident, which is essentially an attack on the local Community".

Mot (4)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. Dunne
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

"This Area Committee calls on the Chief Executive to replace the railings and wall at the end of Montpelier View that leads into the park as a matter of urgency as it is being used now as a rat run by those engaged in drug dealing and antisocial behavior".

Environment

Questions

Qu (21)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
Michael McAdam

"To ask the Chief Executive to detail actions taken and proposed in respect of the many recently reported incidents of anti social behaviour and littering in and around the new Old Bawn sports pavilion in Dodder Valley Park which is of great concern to the local community and in reporting will he also state if there is any progress towards the opening of the pavilion?".

Headed Items

H-I (20)

Submitted by:
Environment
Responsibility:
Environment

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (11)

Submitted by:
Environment
Responsibility:
Environment

Correspondence (No Business)

Motions

Mot (5)

Submitted by:
Councillor T. Costello
Responsibility:
Michael McAdam

"To ask the Chief Executive, is there a plan or schedule in place to deal with the increased Grafitti in the Tallaght Area".

Mot (6)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Duff
Responsibility:
Michael McAdam

"Could the Chief Executive consider the requests made by many residents of Tymon/Kilnamanagh to install a Walled Garden at or near the Kilnamanagh/Tymon entrance to facilitate local Projects to train/teach Participants in gardening techniques, under the auspices of Community Employment Schemes or Garda Diversion Projects, Men Sheds etc. It would assist Participants to gain a qualification in horticulture and foster a passion for gardening for life".

A-Z of All Services