Coucnil Banner Image

Council Meetings

Virtual May 2021 Lucan/Palmerstown/North Clondalkin Area Committee Meeting Agenda


Date:
25/05/2021 15:00
Location:
Virtual Meeting

Headed Items

H-I (1)

Submitted by:
LAC Meeting Administration
Responsibility:
LAC Meeting Administration

Confirmation and Re-affirmation of Minutes of Meeting of April 2021 ACM

Housing

Questions

Qu (1)

Submitted by:
Councillor P. Gogarty
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech

To ask the Chief Executive if there is a timeframe by which communications will issue to existing residents of Balgaddy - whose properties have required multiple and/or ongoing maintenance works or who have requested transfers for reasons stated at the last ACM - giving them notice that they will be given first options on the new, better-insulated housing being built adjacent to the planned new community building; to outline approximately how many residents would be envisaged for such an offer as of now; and if a statement can be made on the matter.

Qu (2)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Johansson
Responsibility:
Marguerite Staunton

To ask the Chief Executive if any further Age Friendly housing schemes are proposed for the Palmerstown area, and if not, what locations would be considered suitable?

Qu (3)

Submitted by:
Councillor Shane Moynihan
Responsibility:
Neil Hanly

To ask the Chief Executive for the number of empty housing units that have been unoccupied for over 18 weeks in the Lucan & Palmerstown-Fonthill electoral areas.

Qu (4)

Submitted by:
Councillor Derren Ó Brádaigh
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech

To ask the manager for a full tabular breakdown of housing maintenance costs for remedial works to date for Balgaddy - Report to include separately Foxdene Avenue, Méile an Rí, Buirg an Rí and Tor an Rí listing the individual issue description and repair costings ie. plumbing, electrical, roofing, internal (mould/dampness) insulation etc.

Qu (5)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
Marguerite Staunton

Could the Chief Executive provide a report on the recent housing developments sold in the Adamstown area and confirm how many of these have been bought/acquired by South Dublin County Council or by a RHA?

Qu (6)

Submitted by:
Councillor Joanna Tuffy
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech

To ask the Chief Executive Officer to give an update on the unauthorised encroachment by vehicles on Griffeen Valley Park from Hayden's Lane and what steps to address issues including impact on the park and the residential amenity.

Qu (7)

Submitted by:
Councillor Joanna Tuffy
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech

To ask the Chief Executive Officer to give an update on any schedule for refurbishment of Council owned houses in Lucan

Correspondence

Cor (1)

Submitted by:
Housing
Responsibility:
Housing

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (2)

Submitted by:
Housing
Responsibility:
Housing

New Works (No Business)

H-I (3)

Submitted by:
Housing Administration
Responsibility:
Neil Hanly

Housing Allocations Report 

H-I (4)

Submitted by:
Housing Administration
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech

Balgaddy Qtr 2 - Update

H-I (5)

Submitted by:
Housing Administration
Responsibility:
Marguerite Staunton

Housing Quarterly Supply Report

Motions

Mot (1)

Submitted by:
Councillor Derren Ó Brádaigh
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech

To ask the manager to replace the existing open-style boundary railing with a wall at the corner property of (address provided) looking onto Greenfort Avenue.

Mot (2)

Submitted by:
Councillor G. O'Connell
Responsibility:
Neil Hanly

To ask the Chief Executive for an update on the proposal for age friendly housing for older persons that own their own private home to make it possible for them to move to Council owned or supported designated age friendly accommodation apply for accommodation and the matter be discussed.

Community

Questions

Qu (8)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
Paul McAlerney

To ask the Chief Executive for an update on the agreed audit to take place in the community centre, (as per motion below) and to confirm that the audit will take into account the demand use of facility, the number of the groups wishing to avail of it that cannot be accommodated and the population current and future.

COMHAIRLE CONTAE ÁTHA CLIATH THEAS SOUTH DUBLIN COUNTY COUNCIL South Dublin County Council Crest MEETING OF LUCAN/PALMERSTOWN/NORTH CLONDALKIN AREA COMMITTEE Tuesday, March 23, 2021 MOTION NO. 16 MOTION: Councillor L. O'Toole

This committee Requests the Chief Executive to make provisions for an extension of the Adamstown Community Centre, to provide the committee members with planning designs/drawings of this extension which could incorporate into a new Youth Café, given that the design of the building was purposely built for an expansion when needed. The greater Lucan area is in great need of such a facility. Having shared ownership in the building and having pre-planned for such extension gives the council unique opportunity to design such an amenity for the area.

REPORT: The Adamstown Community & Youth Centre was opened in 2018 and consists of a shared school/sports hall, all-weather pitches, shared gym space and a number of multi-purpose community rooms. The building was constructed to allow for an option of future extension when the facility becomes fully utilised and to repond to additional community needs as the Adamstown area expands and the Board of Management of the Adamstown Community & Youth Centre are willing to assist and explore how the existing community facility may be further utilised to provide more targetted youth service activities and provisions. It is anticipated that the next element of community infrastructure provision within the Adamstown SDZ will be the proposed Civic Hall Centre/Library/Mixed Use Community Building.

 

Correspondence

Cor (2)

Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
Community

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (6)

Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
Community

New Works (No Business)

H-I (7)

Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
Community

Deputations for Noting (No Business)

Motions

Mot (3)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
Paul McAlerney

This committee asks Chief Executive to advise what plans are been made in regards to the running / managing of the new Lucan Sports Community centre. If an update could be given in regards to the existing tenants in place and how will the council be accommodating them during construction and again when the facility is completed. To also confirm the official name of the new community facility.

Transportation

Questions

Qu (9)

Submitted by:
Councillor Alan Hayes
Responsibility:
Sheila Kelly

To ask the manager to provide a map displaying the areas in Lucan, Palmerstown and North Clondalkin, where the parking wardens (council and contractors) enforce parking bye laws i.e. parking on footpaths, main roads and estates.

Qu (10)

Submitted by:
Councillor Shane Moynihan
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

To ask the Chief Executive for an updated timetable as to when outstanding footpath repairs from the 2020 programme are to take place and to provide a timetable for 2021 repairs in the Lucan & Palmerstown-Fonthill Electoral Areas.

Correspondence

Cor (3)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Transportation

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (8)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Transportation

New Works (No Business)

H-I (9)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Transportation

Proposed Declaration of Roads to be Public Roads (No Business)

Motions

Mot (4)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Johansson
Responsibility:
John Hegarty

That the Chief Executive, in light of the proposed Canal Loop Cycle Way, commence a comprehensive traffic study in Lucan Village to find out the origin/destination of traffic through the village and explore options to reduce traffic including the possibilities of a one-way system and pedestrianisation of sections of the village.

Mot (5)

Submitted by:
Councillor Shane Moynihan
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

That this Area Committee calls on the Chief Executive to repair the damaged wall between Mount Andrew and St Edmunds estate as a matter of urgency and to provide a timeframe within which these repairs will take place.

Mot (6)

Submitted by:
Councillor Derren Ó Brádaigh
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

To ask the manager that work to now complete the section of approximately 40ft of missing pavement on the Newcastle Road and directly outside Somerton estate is prioritised. This is a main road footpath situated close to a busy junction, with pedestrian and wheelchair users forced to traverse onto the road, with the particular location regularly filled with significant water build up.

Moved without Debate

Mot (7)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
John Hegarty

This committee Chief Executive to examine the roads in the Adamstown area, in particular Adamstown Park. Given the design of the new developments, houses now been built with direct road frontage, a discussion needs to be held on where ramps will be required throughout the whole development, identifying roads /major roads within the area that would be free of ramps and to examine other traffic safety measures. It's noted that areas are still not TIC by sdcc so collaboration with private landlords will need to implement ramps and other safety measures on a temporary basis.

Mot (8)

Submitted by:
Councillor P. Gogarty
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

'That the Chief Executive immediately schedules emergency repair work to a poorly completed job outside address supplied where kerbing works in late 2020 resulted in the outpipe underneath the path being blocked, so that water now flows back into the garden in question and there has also been a deterioration of the footpath, which has become a trip hazard; and if a statement can be made on the matter.' [The pictures show the downpipe from the rainwater off the roof and subsequent pipe through the garden. The pipe then reaches a channel underneath the path which had an opening on the exterior (road side). The concrete kerbing that took place on Christmas week 2020, resulted in the opening being blocked.]

Moved without Debate

Mot (9)

Submitted by:
Councillor V. Casserly
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

To call on the manager to upgrade the footpath opposite Circle K on the R835.

Mot (10)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Johansson
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

That the Chief Executive look at widening the footpaths on Station Rd, particularly near Palmerstown Woods and Palmerstown Way, and examine if the hedges can be trimmed on a regular basis to provide more space.

Moved without Debate

Mot (11)

Submitted by:
Councillor Derren Ó Brádaigh
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

To ask the manager to provision for the construction of the continuation of the existing footpath along the Fonthill Road in order to facilitate pedestrian users from Rowlagh and St Marks, using the pathway situated between Rowlagh Crescent and the Fonthill Road.

Mot (12)

Submitted by:
Councillor V. Casserly
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

"That this area committee calls on management as part of ongoing footpath repairs in Lucan village and Palmerstown to install guidance strips for visually impaired residents along our walkways. An example of the implementation of this is Grafton Street with Dublin City Council promoting the initiative. To also further make sure sandwich boards are not placed outside of businesses outside of planning regulations which hinder access for all pedestrians."

Planning

Questions

Qu (11)

Submitted by:
Councillor Alan Hayes
Responsibility:
Irenie McLoughlin

To ask the Chief Executive if South Dublin County Council applied for funding under the recently awarded protected structures fund and if the Millrace in Waterstown Park formed part of this application as it is still in need of attention in parts.

Qu (12)

Submitted by:
Councillor Joanna Tuffy
Responsibility:
Irenie McLoughlin

To ask the Chief Executive Officer to give an update on the works so far done to restore St. Finian's Church and Graveyard, the sources of funding, and future plans for any further works

Qu (13)

Submitted by:
Councillor Joanna Tuffy
Responsibility:
Irenie McLoughlin

To ask the Chief Executive Officer for an update on King John's Bridge conservation works

Correspondence

Cor (4)

Submitted by:
Planning
Responsibility:
Planning

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (10)

Submitted by:
Planning
Responsibility:
Planning

New Works (No Business)

Motions

Mot (13)

Submitted by:
Councillor P. Gogarty
Responsibility:
Eoin Burke

That the Chief Executive liaises with the developers of the Adamstown SDZ to install measures to slow down speeding traffic on key arterial routes, including Adamstown Park Road; as incidences of speeding have been reported by multiple residents on multiple occasions and, in the absence of these roadways being taken in charge by SDCC down the line, they are seeking traffic calming measures urgently to ensure the safety of all pedestrians, especially young children.

Economic Development

Questions

Qu (14)

Submitted by:
Councillor P. Gogarty
Responsibility:
Thomas Rooney

To ask the Chief Executive, further to updated funding provided by the Government, if a timescale can be provided for further improvement works to the Silver Bridge and if any discussions have taken place between Fingal and SDCC in that regard?

Qu (15)

Submitted by:
Councillor Shane Moynihan
Responsibility:
Laura Leonard

To ask the Chief Executive as to the ownership structure of the South Dublin Football League Grounds, and whether the Council has an interest in the ownership body or the grounds itself, and to identify who the owners of these grounds are.

Qu (16)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
Laura Leonard

As agreed by members and management in relation to the continued court proceedings on the Griffeen Community College lands could the Chief Executive update the members on progress to date.

Qu (17)

Submitted by:
Councillor Joanna Tuffy
Responsibility:
Thomas Rooney

To ask the Chief Executive Officer for an update on any applications for street furniture licences or outdoor furniture grants made in Lucan, and what promotion of these initiatives has been made to businesses in the area, in particular the village.

Correspondence

Cor (5)

Submitted by:
Economic Development
Responsibility:
Economic Development

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (11)

Submitted by:
Economic Development
Responsibility:
Economic Development

New Works (No Business)

Motions

Mot (14)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
Laura Leonard

That the Chief Executive provides a detailed report on the council owned lands along the canal 12th lock area and includes maps marking the buildings that are council owned and inform members what timeframe is in place to turn this section of the canal into a tourist / community amenity. Also ask if this could be agreed to be sent to relevant SPC as an agenda item. Including link to the recently launched greenway

Mot (15)

Submitted by:
Councillor G. O'Connell
Responsibility:
Laura Leonard

To ask the Chief Executive given that Central Government has recently allocated a significant Grant to Fingal County Council for the Silver Bridge, what are the implications for this County in relation to procuring the land on this side of the Bridge (considered premature when I and other members raised it recently) and if any contact has taken place between this County and Fingal as to the scheduling of essential works as per the Feasibility Report and that the matter be discussed.

Move to Re-enter

Libraries & Arts

Correspondence

Cor (6)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (12)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts

NEW WORKS (No Business)

H-I (13)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Bernadette Fennell

Library News & Events

H-I (14)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Orla Scannell

Application for Arts Grants (No Business)

Corporate Support

Questions

Qu (18)

Submitted by:
Councillor Shane Moynihan
Responsibility:
Andy Lane,Elaine Leech,Laura Leonard,Mary Maguire,Michael McAdam

To ask the Chief Executive for a report on the locations of CCTV columns in the Lucan and Palmerstown-Fonthill Areas, the number of new columns erected in the past 12 months and intentions to add new ones in the coming 12 months.

Correspondence

Cor (7)

Submitted by:
Corporate Support
Responsibility:
Corporate Support

Correspondence

Headed Items

H-I (15)

Submitted by:
Corporate Support
Responsibility:
Corporate Support

New Works (No Business)

H-I (16)

Submitted by:
Brenda Pierce
Responsibility:
Brenda Pierce

Overview and Outcomes of the Consultation Process on the Canal Loop Greenway

Motions

Mot (16)

Submitted by:
Councillor G. O'Connell
Responsibility:
Sheila Kelly

This committee requests that the Chief Executive write to Google asking for a meeting with the Lucan Palmerstown North Clondalkin Area Committee where a discussion can take place on the methods Google uses to decide on place names/locations given the need for accuracy on residential and business addresses, e.g. Palmerston is not an address and is misleading for anyone looking for Palmerstown Village or any residence or business with an address in Palmerstown. Similarly, Palmerstown Court is in Palmerstown not Ballyfermot Upper.

Moved without Debate

Mot (17)

Submitted by:
Councillor P. Gogarty
Responsibility:
Brenda Pierce

That the Chief Executive, examining emerging suggestions made in relation to the canal loop cycleway, which oppose damaging the bridge at Lucan and a throughway through Sarsfield Park, but include among them suggestions for a tourist-driven cycle route through the village itself, which would necessitate a one-way system and possibly alternating traffic on the bridge to allow for a cycleway on the existing section, liaises with the NTA simultaneously with this process to see if funding for such cycleway proposals could be utilised and/or merged with funding from SDCC to carry out a comprehensive traffic study and implement changes alongside the cycle plan so as to marry the multiple but complementary objectives of making Lucan a tourist and heritage destination, improving the design around the green and the weir, linking the two canal routes successfully, managing congestion and making the village a nicer and safer place to visit for local residents; and if a statement can be made on the matter.

Mot (18)

Submitted by:
Councillor Joanna Tuffy
Responsibility:
Colin Clarke

To ask for an update on the building of the Celbridge link road including a map showing its location

Moved without Debate

Mot (19)

Submitted by:
Councillor Shane Moynihan
Responsibility:
Sheila Kelly

That this Area Committee requests a letter to be sent to Fingal County Council asking them to provide a detailed project plan for the Silver Bridge, and how the 140,000 in funding received recently is to be spent and to ask the responsible Director of Services in SDCC to make a statement on the matter.

Moved without Debate

Performance & Change Management

Correspondence

Cor (8)

Submitted by:
Performance & Change Management
Responsibility:
Performance & Change Management

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (17)

Submitted by:
Performance & Change Management
Responsibility:
Performance & Change Management

New Works (No Business)

Water & Drainage

Correspondence

Cor (9)

Submitted by:
Water & Drainage
Responsibility:
Water & Drainage

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (18)

Submitted by:
Water & Drainage
Responsibility:
Water & Drainage

New Works (No Business)

Public Realm

Questions

Qu (19)

Submitted by:
Councillor P. Gogarty
Responsibility:
David Fennell

To ask the Chief Executive for a week by week grass cutting schedule of areas within this Committee from June to September; and if a statement can be made on the matter.

Qu (20)

Submitted by:
Councillor P. Gogarty
Responsibility:
Laurence Colleran

To ask the Chief Executive, further to earlier queries in relation to this matter, for a definitive timescale for final completion to good standard of the green space adjacent to the ball wall which was promised to be suitable for playing ball games; and if a statement can be made on the matter.

Qu (21)

Submitted by:
Councillor Alan Hayes
Responsibility:
David Fennell

To ask the manager to provide an update on the planned works at Waterstown House including a projected timeline for completion.

Qu (22)

Submitted by:
Councillor Alan Hayes
Responsibility:
David Fennell

To ask the manager to provide a progress update on the wildflower planting in zones A, B, C, in Waterstown Park. Particularly, if all planned works for the year to date have been completed as planned and any challenges faced.

Qu (23)

Submitted by:
Councillor Shane Moynihan
Responsibility:
Suzanne Furlong

To ask the Chief Executive for the number of playing pitches by code that will be included in the Airlie Park and Tandy's Lane Park sites.

Qu (24)

Submitted by:
Councillor G. O'Connell
Responsibility:
Maire Ni Dhomhnaill

To ask the Chief Executive for an update on the Tree Maintenance programme in this LAC year to date and to indicate to what extent it has been affected, if at all, by Covid-19.

Qu (25)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
Laurence Colleran,Suzanne Furlong

To ask the Chief Executive for an update on the teen space planned extension in Griffeen Park (on Newcastle road) and if the report could include drawings, including the planned markings for the multi sports wall ball. The all weather pitch (Weston hockey) is a great attraction for young people, will the teen extension include a surface suitable for mix sports, and would management be willing to liaise with with the local youth workers (details can be provided) as their input would be valuable.

Qu (26)

Submitted by:
Councillor Joanna Tuffy
Responsibility:
Laurence Colleran,Suzanne Furlong

To ask the Chief Executive Officer for an update on the delivery of teen spaces for Lucan/Esker

Correspondence

Cor (10)

Submitted by:
Public Realm
Responsibility:
Public Realm

Correspondence(No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (19)

Submitted by:
Public Realm
Responsibility:
Public Realm

New Works (No Business)

Motions

Mot (20)

Submitted by:
Councillor Derren Ó Brádaigh
Responsibility:
Suzanne Furlong

To as the manager to detail a plan for discussion to develop and enhance Quarryvale Park going forward, in line with other such parks, in a way that can help this green space be fully utilised as a real amenity by the local community.

Mot (21)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Johansson
Responsibility:
David Fennell

That the Chief Executive provide enhanced protection for wildlife in Waterstown Park, including fencing around frog spawn and educational material (plaques/noticeboards) to inform the public of the need to protect wildlife in the park.

Move & Re-enter

Mot (22)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
David Fennell,Michael McAdam

To ask the Chief Executive to update members on progress for the dog park upgrade and extension. My previous motion passed requesting extension, signage improvements and surface repair. To confirm if pictograms are been used internally. Also advise if contact has been made with DSPCA to arrange training classes.

Moved without Debate

Mot (23)

Submitted by:
Councillor Shane Moynihan
Responsibility:
David Fennell

To ask the Council to provide more bins or bigger bins or a more frequent collection service to cope with the amount of rubbish being discarded in our parks and public areas

Moved without Debate

Mot (24)

Submitted by:
Councillor V. Casserly
Responsibility:
Laurence Colleran

To call on the manager for an urgent finish to the surrounding area of the multi use games wall at Lucan Harriers/Weston Hockey. The contractor did not leave the area to an adequate standard which is hindering AGP Football from use of the facility. Having maintained areas is increasingly more important for outdoor sports during the ongoing pandemic.

Moved without Debate

Mot (25)

Submitted by:
Councillor V. Casserly
Responsibility:
David Fennell

To call on the manager to consider extending the carpark at Griffeen Valley Park, Haydens Lane entrance to address overflow and increased usage of our local park

Environment

Questions

Qu (27)

Submitted by:
Councillor P. Gogarty
Responsibility:
Michael McAdam

That the Chief Executive report on any proposed improvements by TII or SDCC following on my raising of noise issues for residents from the M50 wall at Palmerstown Cemetery right back along to the intersection; and if a statement can be made on the matter.

Qu (28)

Submitted by:
Councillor Alan Hayes
Responsibility:
Joseph Bockarie

To ask the manager if he is aware of any issues in recent years of pollution entering the Mill race or River Liffey emanating from the old dump in the vicinity of Waterstown Park.

Qu (29)

Submitted by:
Councillor Derren Ó Brádaigh
Responsibility:
Michael McAdam

To ask the Manager for an update report on any progress made to date with respect to Item No 69581 (ACM March 2021) in acquiring the old 'Farmers Shop' under the Derelict Sites Act and any general upkeep works that have taken place at or about the site.

Qu (30)

Submitted by:
Councillor Joanna Tuffy
Responsibility:
Brenda Shannon

Can the Chief Executive Officer give an update on casual trading licences for Lucan sites. Can more than one person have a licence for the same site? How many licences are current and for whom?

Correspondence

Cor (11)

Submitted by:
Environment
Responsibility:
Environment

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (20)

Submitted by:
Environment
Responsibility:
Environment

New Works (No Business)

Motions

Mot (26)

Submitted by:
Councillor P. Gogarty
Responsibility:
Michael McAdam

That the Chief Executive pilots a time-limited signage and social media campaign against cigarette butt-tossing by pedestrians and drivers in this Committee area, similar to campaigns used extensively in Australia, warning about the fines payable and the damage to the environment for this ignorant, disgusting habit by butt-tossers of all genders and ages that has no excuse whatsoever; that the findings of this be extended to the general Council for consideration elsewhere; and if a statement can be made on the matter.

Mot (27)

Submitted by:
Councillor Shane Moynihan
Responsibility:
Michael McAdam

To ask for a derelict site inspection to take place at (address provided), Lucan given that the house is falling into disrepair and the tree in the back garden has grown excessively and is threatening the boundary wall of associated properties.

A-Z of All Services