Coucnil Banner Image

Council Meetings

June 2021 Rathfarnham/Templeogue/Firhouse/Bohernabreena Area Committee Meeting Agenda


Date:
08/06/2021 15:00
Location:
Virtual Meeting

Headed Items

H-I (1)

Submitted by:
LAC Meeting Administration
Responsibility:
LAC Meeting Administration

Confirmation and Re-affirmation of Minutes of Meeting of 11th May, 2021

Planning

Correspondence

Cor (1)

Submitted by:
Planning
Responsibility:
Planning

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (2)

Submitted by:
Planning
Responsibility:
Planning

New Works (No Business)

Motions

Mot (1)

Submitted by:
Councillor D. O'Donovan
Responsibility:
Eoin Burke

That the Manager reports on the roll out of the 5G programme in the RTFB area and the planning process involved for the intallation of phone masts.

 

Mot (2)

Submitted by:
Councillor Yvonne Collins
Responsibility:
Eoin Burke

To ask the Chief Executive to immediately retract the derogation allowed to the developers of the lands formerly known as the Cosgrave site on Scholarstown Road to extend their working hours and not to accede to any further requests in this regard, as the working hours provided for within the original planning permission have already caused and are continuing to cause, undue suffering to nearby residents in terms of noise and fumes, and extending them is unduly oppressive and has caused further unnecessary hardship for the residents. The development will be built soon enough.

 

Transportation

Questions

Qu (1)

Submitted by:
Councillor Yvonne Collins
Responsibility:
John Coughlan,Tony O Grady

Would the manager please consider widening the footpath at Whitehall Road between the Pines pub and the commercial units to facilitate pedestrian access, particularly for those with buggies or for those who may have mobility issues.

 

 

Qu (2)

Submitted by:
Councillor B. Lawlor
Responsibility:
John Hegarty

To ask the Manager to install pedestrians safety barriers at rear entrance of Firhouse Community College on opposite side of road of gates as many students cross the road at that point.

 

Qu (3)

Submitted by:
Councillor E. Murphy
Responsibility:
Caitriona Lambert

Could the Chief Executive please supply an update on the rollout of LED upgrade of public lighting in the Firhouse Bohernabreena LEA and could the Chief Executive also advise this Committee on the progress if any regarding the areas with older electrical infrastructure?

 

 

Qu (4)

Submitted by:
Councillor David McManus
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

To ask for an update on cycle lane repairs and drainage works on Ballyroan Road Rathfarnham?

 

Qu (5)

Submitted by:
Councillor D. O'Donovan
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

To ask the Manager to address, as a matter of urgency, the provision of footpaths in the Glenasmole/Bohernabreena area, with particular reference to the approach to the school.

 

Correspondence

Cor (2)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Transportation

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (3)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Joe Kelly

Templeville Road Light Segregation Cycle Scheme

H-I (4)

Submitted by:
Vikki Cryan
Responsibility:
Caitriona Lambert

LED Upgrade Programme 2021

H-I (5)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Transportation

Proposed Declaration of Roads to be Public Roads - NO BUSINESS

Motions

Mot (3)

Submitted by:
Councillor Carly Bailey
Responsibility:
Caitriona Lambert

That this ACM requests that the streetlighting in Manor Estate, in particular around Mountdown, that have had LED bulb replacements be assessed to ascertain whether the lighting is fit for purpose. Residents complain that since the changeover, the lighting is worse and the area no longer feels safe to walk through after dark. I would ask that the lighting be assessed including looking atthe the length of the poles to assess if they are adequate for the new bulbs and not too tall and for action to be taken to ensure better lighting for this community.

 

Mot (4)

Submitted by:
Councillor D. O'Donovan
Responsibility:
LAC Meeting Administration

That the Manager engages with the relevant authority to erect a suitable barrier on the southside bridge of the M50 Juntion 12. There have been numerous suicide attempts here, as well as young children playing chicken and walking across it.

 

 

Mot (5)

Submitted by:
Councillor P. Kearns
Responsibility:
John Hegarty

That this committee call on the manager to install two bollards at the mid-point of the laneway to the rear of 96 St Peters road. This is to prevent cars driving through at speed and fly tipping.

 

Libraries & Arts

Correspondence

Cor (3)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (6)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts

NEW WORKS (No Business)

H-I (7)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Liz Corry

Library News & Events

H-I (8)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts

Application for Arts Grants - (NO BUSINESS)

Economic Development

Correspondence

Cor (4)

Submitted by:
Economic Development
Responsibility:
Economic Development

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (9)

Submitted by:
Economic Development
Responsibility:
Economic Development

New Works (No Business)

Motions

Mot (6)

Submitted by:
Councillor Yvonne Collins
Responsibility:
Laura Leonard

Noting that it has previously been confirmed to residents at Willbrook Park in Rathfarnham, whose properties border Willbrook Park Lane, that they have a right of way to access the rear of their properties from this laneway, to ask the manager to please register their rights of way with the PRA as requested by the residents and to furnish them with evidence of such registration.

 

Mot (7)

Submitted by:
Councillor E. Murphy
Responsibility:
Thomas Rooney

That South Dublin County Council investigates sites in the Firhouse area for the implementation of a Farmers/ Outdoor Market.

 

Mot (8)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. Donaghy
Responsibility:
Thomas Rooney

That this Area Committee calls on the manager to offer the Rathfarnham Castle Stables Courtyard as a venue (e.g. for events, community groups and/or small business pop-ups) to ensure this amenity is put to use in our 2021 "outdoor summer".

 

 

Performance & Change Management

Correspondence

Cor (5)

Submitted by:
Performance & Change Management
Responsibility:
Performance & Change Management

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (10)

Submitted by:
Performance & Change Management
Responsibility:
Performance & Change Management

New Works (No Business)

Corporate Support

Correspondence

Cor (6)

Submitted by:
Corporate Support
Responsibility:
Corporate Support

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (11)

Submitted by:
Corporate Support
Responsibility:
Cristina Hurson

Proposal for the Area Committee Discretionary Fund

Public Realm

Questions

Qu (6)

Submitted by:
Councillor Carly Bailey
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

To ask the Manager for an estimated timeline in relation to the moving of the gate at the 8 acres green space situated at the corner of Limekiln Lane and Greentrees Road.

 

Qu (7)

Submitted by:
Councillor David McManus
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

To ask that the grass verges are cut back from the pedestrian and cycle lane along R137 to Wellington Lane Templeogue?

 

 

Correspondence

Cor (7)

Submitted by:
Public Realm
Responsibility:
Public Realm

Correspondence(No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (12)

Submitted by:
Public Realm
Responsibility:
Public Realm

New Works (No Business)

Motions

Mot (9)

Submitted by:
Councillor Yvonne Collins
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

To ask the Manager to carry out works immediately to safely remove Japanese knotweed at or near the "Capri" site on Whitechurch Road in Rathfarnham. I attach photos which show how the knotweed has spread in recent years and the residents are greatly concerned at the potential threat to adjoining properties.

 

Mot (10)

Submitted by:
Councillor Carly Bailey
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

That the Chief Executive includes the 8 acres green space in Perrystown Dublin 12 to the grass cutting maintenance schedule.

 

Mot (11)

Submitted by:
Councillor Alan Edge
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

In light of the increasing litter problem in our parks, that this Area Committee requests that the installation of bins in Dodder Valley Park be expedited and a timeframe given.

 

Mot (12)

Submitted by:
Councillor B. Lawlor,Councillor David McManus,Councillor L. McCrave
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

That this area committee requests the manager to consider measures to restrict access to the Boden Park estate through an archway entrance at the junction of Edmonstown Road and Scholarstown Road - to minimise anti social behaviour. 

 

 

Mot (13)

Submitted by:
Councillor Yvonne Collins
Responsibility:
Maire Ni Dhomhnaill

To ask the Council to liaise with the ESB with a view to carrying out effective pruning of trees near overhead lines without pruning in a "V" shape as this has caused significant damage to certain types of trees.

 

Mot (14)

Submitted by:
Councillor Alan Edge
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

This Committee requests the installation of a wall between Grangebrook Vale and the Glinbury estate to provide privacy and protect against dumping and ASB while the trees planted to replace those felled mature.

 

 

Mot (15)

Submitted by:
Councillor D. O'Donovan
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

That the Manager ensures no public green space is given over to provide parking for large developers in the RTFB area.

 

Mot (16)

Submitted by:
Councillor Yvonne Collins
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

To ask the manager to organise a thorough and badly needed clearing and tidy up of the cemetery at Bohernabreena, in particular the area known as the “lawn cemetery”.

 

 

Environment

Correspondence

Cor (8)

Submitted by:
Environment
Responsibility:
Environment

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (13)

Submitted by:
Environment
Responsibility:
Environment

New Works (No Business)

Water & Drainage

Correspondence

Cor (9)

Submitted by:
Water & Drainage
Responsibility:
Water & Drainage

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (14)

Submitted by:
Water & Drainage
Responsibility:
Water & Drainage

New Works (No Business)

Motions

Mot (17)

Submitted by:
Councillor Carly Bailey
Responsibility:
Derek Sargent

That this ACM requests an investigation into the drain issue in the laneway of Hillsbrook Grove, Perrystown, Dublin 12. Irish Water have refused to look into this any further and residents advised that the laneway collapsed a number of years ago and feel that this is the cause of the current issues. A number of residents that the drain serves are older people who are not in a financial position to afford the repairs. Others are out of work. Given the history of this particular laneway, we request that a full investigation be done and that the residents be assisted as this has become a public health issue at this stage.

 

Community

Correspondence

Cor (10)

Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
Community

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (15)

Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
 

Deputations for Noting - NO BUSINESS

H-I (16)

Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
Community

New Works (No Business)

Motions

Mot (18)

Submitted by:
Councillor D. O'Donovan
Responsibility:
Cathy Purdy Fitzgerald,Geraldine Neill

That the Manager identifies suitable sites for a community garden in Firhouse.

 

Housing

Questions

Qu (8)

Submitted by:
Councillor E. Murphy
Responsibility:
Marguerite Staunton

To ask the Chief Executive to detail the schedules being followed in respect of the social housing site Homeville following delays occasioned by the lockdown restrictions

 

Qu (9)

Submitted by:
Councillor E. Murphy
Responsibility:
Marguerite Staunton

To ask the Chief Executive if any further Age Friendly housing schemes are proposed for the RTFB ACM area, there has been rumours and mooted sites spoken about within the community so any information which would provide clarity would be most helpful.

 

Correspondence

Cor (11)

Submitted by:
Housing
Responsibility:
Housing

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (17)

Submitted by:
Housing
Responsibility:
Housing

New Works (No Business)

A-Z of All Services