Coucnil Banner Image

Council Meetings

Clondalkin Area Committee Meeting 16th June, 2021 Agenda


Date:
16/06/2021 15:00
Location:
Virtual Meeting
Standing Orders:
View

Headed Items

H-I (1)

Submitted by:
C AC Meeting Administrator
Responsibility:
C AC Meeting Administrator

Confirmation & re-affirmation of Minutes of Meeting held on 19th May, 2021

Planning

Questions

Qu (1)

Submitted by:
Councillor S. O'Hara
Responsibility:
Eoin Burke

"To ask the Chief Executive; how many planning applications for one-off rural housing were received and approved in the past 5 years?"

Qu (2)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
Eoin Burke

"To ask the Chief Executive for a report into if South Dublin County Council would apply for The Historic Towns Initiative in the Clondalkin Administative Area that aims to provide support to historic towns engaged in a programme of heritage-led regeneration. In seeking applications we are particularly interested in projects that address vacancy in town centres, that propose the re-use of historic structures and that can act as a demonstrator for future projects?"

Qu (3)

Submitted by:
Councillor S. O'Hara
Responsibility:
Eoin Burke

"To ask the Chief Executive for a full update on planning enforcement notices S8461/S844 in Saggart, Co.Dublin"

Headed Items

H-I (2)

Submitted by:
Planning
Responsibility:
Planning

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (1)

Submitted by:
Planning
Responsibility:
Planning

Correspondence (No Business)

Motions

Mot (1)

Submitted by:
Councillor Eoin Ó Broin
Responsibility:
Eoin Burke

Cathaoirleach's Business

"That this Area Committee calls for an update on all of the planning enforcement cases underway for breeches of the shopfront signage guidelines of Clondalkin Architectural Conservation Area."

Mot (2)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
Eoin Burke

"That this Area Committee request South Dublin County Council deny permission of any further fast food outlets in the Clondalkinn Administrative Area being opened and this includes 'conversion' from existing closed retail outlets. Also the number of takeaway outlets be capped.  Enforce the current food outlets to provide bins for their rubbish."

Mot (3)

Submitted by:
Councillor William Joseph Carey
Responsibility:
Eoin Burke

"That this Area Committee agrees to support efforts by residents within our suburbs to facilitate off road parking and for South Dublin County Council  to actively engage in a policy to promote this objective. That where practical residents should be allowed to engage in widening of driveways that meet planning regulations through the installation of permeable paving."

Mot (4)

Submitted by:
Councillor Eoin Ó Broin
Responsibility:
Eoin Burke

That this Area Committee calls on SDCC to choose Clondalkin as its entry for the 200,000 euro funding available under the Heritage Councils Historic Towns Initiative. If it receives a single coherent proposal from local organisations such as Clondalkin Tidy Towns, Clondalkin Heritage Group, Clondalkin History Society, Clondalkin Chamber of Commerce and Clondalkin Vision Group ( funding : https://www.heritagecouncil.ie/projects/historic-towns-initiative?)

Transportation

Questions

Qu (4)

Submitted by:
Councillor Eoin Ó Broin
Responsibility:
Sheila Kelly

"At the discussions on the motions presented at the December 2020 Clondalkin ACM on the subject of on street bicycle pumps, management stated that a new pump would be installed in Clondalkin Village in the near future. To ask the Chief Executive for an update on this much needed piece of infrastructure?"

Qu (5)

Submitted by:
Councillor William Joseph Carey
Responsibility:
John Hegarty

"To ask the Chief Executive what action has/is been taken to replace wooden fencing removed from the barrier between the N7 and Green Isle Road, in particular the section alongside the bus stop at Camac Valley? The dangers here are self evident and require immediate action."

Qu (6)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
John Hegarty

"To ask the Chief Executive for a report into what year was a survey and inspection by the Council done to ascertain inaccurate visibility for a pedestrian crossing to the location on the Mill Road at The Gate entrance into Millrace and what was the outcome of the report?"

Qu (7)

Submitted by:
Councillor Eoin Ó Broin
Responsibility:
John Hegarty

"To ask the Chief Executive when the ramps agreed for Knockmeenagh Road as part of the Traffic Calming Measures Programme for 2021 might be installed?"

Headed Items

H-I (3)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Transportation

New Works (No Business)

H-I (4)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Caitriona Lambert

LED Upgrade Programme 2021

Correspondence

Cor (2)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Transportation

Correspondence (No Business)

Motions

Mot (5)

Submitted by:
Councillor T. Gilligan
Responsibility:
John Hegarty

"That the Chief Executive present an update in relation to TIC Peyton Estate, as well as estate snags & crumbling footpaths etc."

Mot (6)

Submitted by:
Councillor William Joseph Carey
Responsibility:
John Hegarty

"That this Area Committee agrees for traffic calming ramps be installed at Oak Downs, Greenpark as soon as possible."

Mot (7)

Submitted by:
Councillor Peter Kavanagh
Responsibility:
John Hegarty

"This Area Committee asks for a detailed report on the signage policy in the Clondalkin LEA, with specific focus on bilingual signs, and asks for a list of any and all signs erected by the Council in Clondalkin in only one of the official languages of the State."

Mot (8)

Submitted by:
Councillor Peter Kavanagh
Responsibility:
John Hegarty

"This Area Committee agrees to trial a "Car-Free" day in Clondalkin Village and asks for a report on any analysis carried out by the council on this possibility, further to a motion agreed at the November 2020 full council meeting."

Libraries & Arts

Headed Items

H-I (5)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts

New Works (No Business)

H-I (6)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Liz Corry

Library News & Events

H-I (7)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Liz Corry

Application for Arts Grants (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (3)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts

Correspondence (No Business)

Motions

Mot (9)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
Liz Corry

"To mark the bi-centenarry of Mount St Joseph, Monastery Road can the Libraries Section commission a workshop or lecture on the history of Mount St. Joseph.  Joe Williams's anniversary 15th April 2022 would be very appropriate."

Mot (10)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
Bernadette Fennell

"That this Committee supports local photographer Susan Plummer in holding a photo exhibition in Clondalkin Library of her wonderful collection of photos that express the beauty that is around us in our parks and other locations."

Economic Development

Headed Items

H-I (8)

Submitted by:
Economic Development
Responsibility:
Economic Development

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (4)

Submitted by:
Economic Development
Responsibility:
Economic Development

Correspondence (No Business)

Performance & Change Management

Questions

Qu (8)

Submitted by:
Councillor Peter Kavanagh
Responsibility:
Brenda Pierce

"To ask the Chief Executive for an explanation of the Environmental Liabilities Directive and how could it apply to the current master plan for Rathcoole if proceeded with?"

Headed Items

H-I (9)

Submitted by:
Performance & Change Management
Responsibility:
Performance & Change Management

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (5)

Submitted by:
Performance & Change Management
Responsibility:
Performance & Change Management

Correspondence (No Business)

Motions

Mot (11)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
Brenda Pierce

"That the Clondalkin Area Committee agrees that any and all copies of the ecological results pertaining to the Rathcoole Master Plan, Rathcoole Woodlands and other lands under the Master Plan are released to the Committee and the Four Districts Woodland Group. The Committee asks that this be done in advance of any Area Meeting or Council meeting at which the housing proposal will be presented and as a matter of urgency given the highly sensitive nature of the site and the plan."

Mot (12)

Submitted by:
Councillor T. Gilligan
Responsibility:
Brenda Pierce

"That the Chief Executive outline if 'Priority Annex I habitat to 91E0 Alluvial forests been found within the area subject to the Rathcoole Master Plan as a result of the biodiversity/ecological studies undertaken."

Mot (13)

Submitted by:
Councillor S. O'Hara
Responsibility:
Brenda Pierce

"That this Area Committee Meeting gets a full update on what protected habitats or species have been found within the area subject to the Rathcoole Master Plan as a result of the biodiversity/ecological studies undertaken on behalf of the Council."

Corporate Support

Headed Items

H-I (10)

Submitted by:
Corporate Support
Responsibility:
Corporate Support

New Works (No Business)

H-I (11)

Submitted by:
Corporate Support
Responsibility:
Michael McAdam

Discretationary Area Committee Fund 2021

Correspondence

Cor (6)

Submitted by:
Corporate Support
Responsibility:
Corporate Support

Correspondence

Motions

Mot (14)

Submitted by:
Councillor Eoin Ó Broin
Responsibility:
C AC Meeting Administrator

Cathaoirleach's Business

"That this Area Committee write to Minister for Health, Stephen Donnelly TD, Minister for Social Protection, Heather Humphreys TD, Minister for Education, Norma Foley TD, and Michael Moynihan TD (Chair, Oireachtas Committee on Disability Matters) supporting the campaign of Epilepsy Ireland to address long-standing issues that continue to impact on people with epilepsy and their families in Ireland today, namely: 1. Access to Free Travel for those that have had driver licences temporarily suspended. 2. Provision of Reasonable Accommodations for State Examinations for students with epilepsy."

Mot (15)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
Cristina Hurson

"That this Committee holds a minutes silence for the 25th Anniversary of Veronica Guerin who is 25 years deceased on 26th June. Veronica Guerin paid the ultimate price for exposing criminal activities as a respected journalist. We applaud her courage and bravery and extend our thoughts to her family. We ask that the Naming Committee looks at how this can be marked. We also ask that South Dublin County Council have the area around the memorial clean and respectful for the 26th June for those who may wish to show their respect."

Public Realm

Questions

Qu (9)

Submitted by:
Councillor Eoin Ó Broin
Responsibility:
Brenda Shannon

"To ask the Chief Executive for an update on the role and engagement of South Dublin County Council with regard to the issue of littering at Woodford Shops on both the private property areas in front of the shops and the TIC area bordering Woodford Walk?"

Qu (10)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

"That the Chief Executive give a report into how he can improve amenities at Rathcoole Park to include picnic benches in Rathcoole Park?"

Qu (11)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
David Fennell

"To ask the Chief Executive for a report into Life Buoys in Corkagh Park and how he can ensure they are hung up safely for use. They have been in the river a lot lately.  Can there be regular checks on the Life Buoys?"

Headed Items

H-I (12)

Submitted by:
Public Realm
Responsibility:
Public Realm

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (7)

Submitted by:
Public Realm
Responsibility:
Public Realm

Correspondence (No Business)

Motions

Mot (16)

Submitted by:
Councillor Eoin Ó Broin
Responsibility:
David Fennell

Cathaoirleach's Business

"That this Area Committee calls on the Chief Executive to remove the moveable part of the kissing gate at the pedestrian entrance to Cappaghmore and to reinstate the safety barriers missing along the 9th Lock Road at the same point."

Mot (17)

Submitted by:
Councillor T. Gilligan
Responsibility:
Michael McAdam

"That the Chief Executive outline if local groups or businesses can use Corkagh Park for training, e.g. child fitness classes, etc. and if so please advise of the cost."

Mot (18)

Submitted by:
Councillor Peter Kavanagh
Responsibility:
David Fennell

"This Area Committee agrees to increase the provision of weekend waste collection in our parks during summer months and asks the Chief Executive to detail efforts that have been made on this to date."

Mot (19)

Submitted by:
Councillor K. Egan
Responsibility:
Michael McAdam

"That this Area Committee calls for a discussion on the provision of outdoor training and performance spaces in parks for those that organise yoga, strength & Conditioning and music classes. The issues arises because football pitches are provided in public parks but spaces for other forms of activity are not."

Mot (20)

Submitted by:
Councillor William Joseph Carey
Responsibility:
David Fennell

"This Committee recognises that the pet farm in Corkagh Park has been a wonderful amenity and attraction for families from Clondalkin and right across the County and furthermore calls on the Council to reconsider the decision to close the pet farm in Corkagh Park permanently so it can be enjoyed by generations to come."

Mot (21)

Submitted by:
Councillor T. Gilligan
Responsibility:
David Fennell

"That this Area Committee agrees to installing pizza box bins in Clondalkin village as per DLRCOCO."

Mot (22)

Submitted by:
Councillor Eoin Ó Broin
Responsibility:
David Fennell

"That this Area Committee calls on the Chief Executive to state the number of benches that are currently in the Clondalkin Park (Leisure Centre) and discuss the installation of additional seating benches that would allow people to observe both the Camac and the Mill Ponds."

Mot (23)

Submitted by:
Councillor William Joseph Carey
Responsibility:
C AC Meeting Administrator

"That this Committee expresses deep concern at the growing problem of the open drug dealing taking place in Corkagh park and requests that Management liaise with Gardai in tackling this problem and asks that Management report back to the Area Committee with proposals aimed at providing a safe environment for families, children and youth that use the park on a regular basis."

Environment

Headed Items

H-I (13)

Submitted by:
Environment
Responsibility:
Environment

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (8)

Submitted by:
Environment
Responsibility:
Environment

Correspondence (No Business)

Motions

Mot (24)

Submitted by:
Councillor William Joseph Carey
Responsibility:
Brenda Shannon

"That this Area Committee agrees that active consideration be given by South Dublin County Council to organise bulk waste collections within high problem areas in an effort to reduce the need for constant waste collections around illegal dumping."

Water & Drainage

Questions

Qu (12)

Submitted by:
Councillor Eoin Ó Broin
Responsibility:
Chris Galvin

Following the excellent presentation from the Drainage Section on how the Camac overflow system in Clondalkin Park works at the February ACM, it was agreed to consider placing a sign at the point where the river bank has been lowered, to explain to passers by how the overflow mechanism works. To ask the Chief Executive for an update on this.

Headed Items

H-I (14)

Submitted by:
Water & Drainage
Responsibility:
Water & Drainage

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (9)

Submitted by:
Water & Drainage
Responsibility:
Water & Drainage

Correspondence (No Business)

Community

Questions

Qu (13)

Submitted by:
Councillor Eoin Ó Broin
Responsibility:
Paul McAlerney

"To ask the Chief Executive when the results of the consultation on the Part 8 for the Court of Petty Sessions in Rathcoole will be brought to full Council? Rathcoole Community Council are keen to see this work progress."

Qu (14)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
Cathy Purdy Fitzgerald

"Can the Community Department confirm that the funding identified in the 2021 Budget will be released to the Clondalkin Tidy Town Committee?"

Headed Items

H-I (15)

Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
Community

New Works (No Business)

H-I (16)

Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
Community

Deputations (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (10)

Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
Community

Correspondence (No Business)

Motions

Mot (25)

Submitted by:
Councillor T. Gilligan
Responsibility:
Bernadette Kaluzny

"That the Chief Executive help find a suitable location for the Clondalkin Order of Malta Branch."

Housing

Questions

Qu (15)

Submitted by:
Councillor T. Gilligan
Responsibility:
Neil Hanly

"That the Chief Executive outline specific housing numbers in Clondalkin LEA / North of the N7, whichever is applicable: Numbers of social home applicants? Total numbers on HAP? Applicant numbers for affordable homes? How many new homes has South Dublin County Council built by SDCC, not developers in 2020?  I am happy for the Chief Executive to email this information over if preferred."

Headed Items

H-I (17)

Submitted by:
Housing
Responsibility:
Housing

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (11)

Submitted by:
Housing
Responsibility:
Housing

Correspondence (No Business)

A-Z of All Services