Coucnil Banner Image

Council Meetings

28th June 2021 Tallaght Area Committee Meeting Agenda


Date:
28/06/2021 15:00
Location:
Virtual Meeting
Standing Orders:
View

Headed Items

H-I (1)

Submitted by:
Housing Administration
Responsibility:
Housing Administration

Minutes from Tallaght Area Committee Meeting 24th May 2021

Planning

Questions

Qu (1)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Duff
Responsibility:
Eoin Burke

This Area Committee calls on the Manager to make a full report about residents complaints about the draining of a natural wetlands habitat, at the lands now known as Newlands Farm. If these actions are indeed proven and illegal works are being carried out on this Wetlands, that this Area Committee calls for those responsible to be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

Qu (2)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
Eoin Burke

To ask the CEO to confirm his response to the recent decision of An Bord Pleanala to grant permission in respect of the mast at Kingswood, Tallaght; has he considered all the implications of the decision in respect of any future work on the site and will he make a statement?

Headed Items

H-I (2)

Submitted by:
Planning
Responsibility:
Planning

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (1)

Submitted by:
Planning
Responsibility:
Planning

Correspondence (No Business)

Transportation

Headed Items

H-I (3)

Submitted by:
Caitriona Lambert
Responsibility:
Caitriona Lambert

LED Upgrade Programme 2021

H-I (4)

Submitted by:
Therese Pender
Responsibility:
Therese Pender

Tallaght Mobility Hub

H-I (5)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Transportation

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (2)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Transportation

Correspondence (No Business)

Motions

Mot (1)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. Dunne
Responsibility:
John Hegarty

This Area Committee calls on the Chief Executive to have the unfinished traffic light pole and control panel completed on Kiltipper Way Road.

Mot (2)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
John Hegarty

That this Tallaght Area Committee calls on the CEO to confirm plans for the provision of "Welcome to Tallaght" signs on all the entry points to our County town and will he also confirm that all proposals in respect of this matter will be presented to the Tallaght Area Committee for approval; will he give assurances and make a statement in the matter.

Mot (3)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. Dunne
Responsibility:
John Hegarty

This Area Committee calls on the Chief Executive to install a zebra crossing on Heatherview Road/Outside Aylebury Shopping Centre.

Libraries & Arts

Questions

Qu (3)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
Liz Corry

To ask the CEO to update members on plans for the 2021 Red Line Book Festival and will he give details in the matter?

Headed Items

H-I (6)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts

Application for Arts Grants (No business)

H-I (7)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts

Library News & Events

H-I (8)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts

NEW WORKS (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (3)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts

Correspondence (No Business)

Economic Development

Questions

Qu (4)

Submitted by:
Councillor K. Mahon
Responsibility:
Laura Leonard

"With regard to the recent transaction involving 92.5 acres of land at Newlands Cross involving the IRFU and Hibernia REIT will the Chief Executive comment on whether SDCC attempted to purchase the land and whether it is considered of strategic importance by SDCC? If it is considered of strategic importance can the Chief Executive comment on what strategic purposes." 

 

Qu (5)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
Laura Leonard

To ask the CEO to present a further update on contact with Shamrock Rovers FC regarding the issue of the fourth stand at Tallaght Stadium and in reporting will the CEO also confirm that the title "Tallaght Stadium" will continue to be used and will he make a statement on the whole matter?

Headed Items

H-I (9)

Submitted by:
Economic Development
Responsibility:
Economic Development

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (4)

Submitted by:
Economic Development
Responsibility:
Economic Development

Correspondence (No Business)

Performance & Change Management

Headed Items

H-I (10)

Submitted by:
Performance & Change Management
Responsibility:
Performance & Change Management

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (5)

Submitted by:
Performance & Change Management
Responsibility:
Performance & Change Management

Correspondence (No Business)

Corporate Support

Questions

Qu (6)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
Cristina Hurson

To ask the CEO if he has had any further contact with the Dept of Housing, Local Government and Heritage regarding the Council's plans to hold a plebiscite to change the name of Brookmount, Tallaght to Brookmount Drive, Tallaght and will he appreciate the wish of the local community to deal with the matter and make a statement

Qu (7)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
Niall Noonan

To ask the CEO to confirm he is working on plans to proceed with the proposed Tallaght Central "300K Have Your Say" project; will he give details of the proposal and make a statement

Headed Items

H-I (11)

Submitted by:
Cristina Hurson
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech

Area Committee Discretionary Fund

H-I (12)

Submitted by:
Corporate Support
Responsibility:
Corporate Support

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (6)

Submitted by:
Corporate Support
Responsibility:
Corporate Support

Correspondence (No Business)

Public Realm

Questions

Qu (8)

Submitted by:
Councillor T. Costello
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

To ask the manager could the council consider removing the graffiti on the boundary walls of Castlepark which back out onto the 30 acres, most of the residents are quite elderly and cannot volunteer to paint over themselves, although this graffiti isn't offensive residents are not happy with it as it is really unsightly.

Qu (9)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. King
Responsibility:
Suzanne Furlong

To ask the Chief Executive to update the Council on the proposal to include a Commemorative Statue/Sculpture representing the Battle of Tallaght during the Rising of 1867 at the Village area location for one of the three pieces to be included in the N81 Improvement Plan. The three areas identified and approved originally were near the Spawell Roundabout, the area around the N81 Junction with Tallaght Village and the top end of Jobstown near the Jobstown Inn.

 

 

Qu (10)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
Suzanne Furlong

To ask the CEO to refer to a previous motion on the matter in the name of this member,passed in May 2020, and to confirm if he is giving any consideration to the issue of a Sports Hub for Kingswood,Tallaght, and will he make a statement ?

Qu (11)

Submitted by:
Councillor Baby Pereppadan
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

To ask the Chief Executive which authority/developer is in charge of Corbally Heath and Corbally Green, Citywest? There is an on-going issue with grass cutting and tree maintenance in both areas that can only be addressed once the details of the authority who is responsible for supervising the area is disclosed.

Qu (12)

Submitted by:
Councillor Liam Sinclair
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

Following a number of reports of ducks being targeted and harassed in Ballymount Park, that a statement be made on the following; 1. Are the council aware of the incidents in question? 2. Are there incidents of a similar nature in Tallaght and the wider county? 3. Is there a plan being made to combat this animal cruelty?

Headed Items

H-I (13)

Submitted by:
Public Realm
Responsibility:
Public Realm

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (7)

Submitted by:
Public Realm
Responsibility:
Public Realm

Correspondence(No Business)

Motions

Mot (4)

Submitted by:
Councillor T. Costello
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

To ask the manager to report if there has been changes recently to grass cutting locations and have many areas been changed from requiring cutting to no longer being maintained.

Mot (5)

Submitted by:
Councillor T. Costello
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

To ask the manager can a date be put in the diary as previously discussed with councillors for a site meeting in the 30 Acres to discuss issues and identify solutions

Mot (6)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. Dunne
Responsibility:
Maire Ni Dhomhnaill

This Area Committee calls on the Chief Executive to cut back the tree's on Sundale Close until such a time that the trees can be removed and replaced with more suitable trees for a housing estate.

Mot (7)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. King
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

That this Committee calls on the Chief Executive to consider using the boundary of the inside of Westpark Estate along the railings as a planting area for a Pollinator Patch and to use it as an engagement and educational tool by organising the planting with the children of the Estate through the parents.

Mot (8)

Submitted by:
Councillor K. Mahon
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

This Area Committee welcomes the Council's report and costings on work to the public realm at Jobstown Stream between Cloonmore, Bawnlea, Dromcarra and Gort Lar estates. We look forward to advancing the completion of the overall plan. In addition we call for the Council to match and acknowledge local efforts to improve the area by committing to include the area in current, ongoing upkeep of the public realm through the footpath programmes, public lighting programmes, pollinator and tree planting programmes that are common place in areas across South Dublin County Council despite many similar issues. It is the view of this Area Committee that the lack of investment in the identified area cannot continue. We support the rights of the majority of the community to the upkeep of the public realm by the Council on an ongoing basis.

Mot (9)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. Dunne
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

Given that the grass has not been cut in over a year in the green area in the middle of Corbally Estate & is now knee lenght and as a consequence is unplayable for the children in the area, this Area Committee call on the Chief Executive to have the Grass cut and on a monthly basis.

Environment

Questions

Qu (13)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
Brenda Shannon

To ask the CEO what action he is taking under the Derelict Sites Act in respect of the four abandoned houses in St Maelruin's Park, Tallaght as previously reported and will he note reports from residents that the four houses are infested with rats and will he give assurances and make a statement

Headed Items

H-I (14)

Submitted by:
Environment
Responsibility:
Environment

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (8)

Submitted by:
Environment
Responsibility:
Environment

Correspondence (No Business)

Motions

Mot (10)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. King
Responsibility:
Michael McAdam

That this Committee calls on the Chief Executive once again to install a mobile CCTV camera at the entrance to Montpelier View in an effort to stop the daily dumping of waste there and reduce the ongoing costs to the Council of removing same and also to allow the residents of this small Estate to regain some of the pride they've always had in their Estate and Community.

Water & Drainage

Headed Items

H-I (15)

Submitted by:
Water & Drainage
Responsibility:
Water & Drainage

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (9)

Submitted by:
Water & Drainage
Responsibility:
Water & Drainage

Correspondence (No Business)

Community

Questions

Qu (14)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech

To ask the CEO if he is aware of the concerns of the community in Citywest at the continued delay in providing the much needed community centre in Citywest; will he give assurances and make a statment

Headed Items

H-I (16)

Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
 

Deputations for Noting (No Business)

H-I (17)

Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
Community

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (10)

Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
Community

Correspondence (No Business)

Motions

Mot (11)

Submitted by:
Councillor K. Mahon
Responsibility:
Paul McAlerney

This Area Committee calls for a detailed and up to date report regarding the provision of a community centre in the city West Area.

Housing

Questions

Qu (15)

Submitted by:
Councillor T. Costello
Responsibility:
Neil Hanly

To ask the manager how many places are available in shelters in Tallaght for women & children escaping domestic violence. What is the alternative when a shelter if full.

Qu (16)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Duff
Responsibility:
Neil Hanly

Could the Manager make a statement regarding the latest Planning Application involving Greenhills Court. Are there any sitting tenants of SDCC or Focus Ireland at risk of eviction due to the proposed plans and if so, what plans are there for rehoming these tenants, if any?

Qu (17)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. King
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech

"To ask the Chief Executive, how much has been spent on the windows and doors programme in the Tallaght area since Budget 2020 quarter by quarter and how many households have benefited from same."

Qu (18)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
Marguerite Staunton

To ask the CEO to present a full report on all matters relating to the Bridge at the Weir Housing Development at Whitestown; will he give assurances in respect of the plans to include the Bridge and the Archway in the final design of the development; will he appreciate and acknowledge the interest and concerns of the members of the Tallaght Area Committee and will he make a detailed statement

Headed Items

H-I (18)

Submitted by:
Housing
Responsibility:
Housing

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (11)

Submitted by:
Housing
Responsibility:
Housing

Correspondence (No Business)

Motions

Mot (12)

Submitted by:
Councillor T. Costello
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech

To ask the manager if Estate Management engages with residents on newly built housing estates to encourage maintenance/ cleanups one example would be Balrothery Rise, if this does not happen could this be initiated.

A-Z of All Services