Coucnil Banner Image

Council Meetings

June 2021 Lucan/Palmerstown/North Clondalkin Area Committee Meeting Agenda


Date:
29/06/2021 15:00
Location:
Virtual Meeting

Headed Items

H-I (1)

Submitted by:
LAC Meeting Administration
Responsibility:
LAC Meeting Administration

Confirmation and Re-affirmation of Minutes of Meeting of May 2021

Planning

Correspondence

Cor (1)

Submitted by:
Planning
Responsibility:
Planning

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (2)

Submitted by:
Planning
Responsibility:
Planning

New Works (No Business)

Motions

Mot (1)

Submitted by:
Councillor P. Gogarty
Responsibility:
Eoin Burke

That the Chief Executive honours the commitment given to the Aahmadiyya Muslim association during the Clonburris SDZ process discussions over three years ago and sets out a timeline to facilitate the delivery of a place of worship in lieu of the existing site under its ownership; and if any delays are caused due to lack of progress on a suitable site within the SDZ to facilitate a land swap at a suitable location in the wider Lucan area.

Transportation

Questions

Qu (1)

Submitted by:
Councillor P. Gogarty
Responsibility:
Caitriona Lambert

To ask the Chief Executive to clarify that remedial Work in Weston Crescent outside no's 1-9 after the welcome installation of additional light poles will, at the appropriate time, include clearance of dead hedging and wooded areas and replanting at the appropriate time alongside the recent raking, cementing and re-seeding, as residents were informed by the contractor who came out that there were no instructions to reinstate the hedging (which they may not know about); and if a statement can be made on the matter.

Qu (2)

Submitted by:
Councillor V. Casserly
Responsibility:
John Hegarty

To ask the manager are there any further plans to extend parklets in Lucan Village

Qu (3)

Submitted by:
Councillor Alan Hayes
Responsibility:
John Hegarty

To ask the manager if SDCC will undertake a thorough reassessment of the junction light timings at the Kennelsfort road and R148 with a view to increasing green light time for Kennelsfort road traffic. In the coming weeks there will be circa 200 truck movements per day in and out of the Vincent Byrne site where construction is underway and already there are significant daily delays on the Kennelsfort road upper, merging with R148. The increased truck movements will compund this problem.

Qu (4)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Johansson
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

To ask the Chief Executive if the issue of persistent flooding on Station Rd has been investigated and if so to provide the report of that investigation?

Qu (5)

Submitted by:
Councillor Shane Moynihan
Responsibility:
John Hegarty

To ask the Chief Executive for an update as to when Ballyowen Square estate is to be taken into charge, as there was an intention to progress this file during 2021.

Qu (6)

Submitted by:
Councillor Shane Moynihan
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

To ask the Chief Executive for an updated progress report as to when outstanding footpath repairs from the 2020 programme took place and to provide a progress report and timetable for 2021 repairs in the Lucan & Palmerstown-Fonthill Electoral Areas.

Qu (7)

Submitted by:
Councillor Derren Ó Brádaigh
Responsibility:
Caitriona Lambert

To ask the manager for a breakdown of the planned public lighting efficiency upgrades, as part of phase 2 and any further scheduled programme with numbers for Lucan, Palmerstown and Nth Clondalkin and the timeline involved.

Correspondence

Cor (2)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Transportation

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (3)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Transportation

New Works (No Business)

H-I (4)

Submitted by:
Caitriona Lambert
Responsibility:
Caitriona Lambert

LED Upgrade Report

H-I (5)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Transportation

Proposed Declaration of Roads to be Public Roads (No Business)

Motions

Mot (2)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Johansson
Responsibility:
John Hegarty

That the Chief Executive increase the time for the green/orange light for pedestrians at the Fonthill Rd/Castle Rd junction.

Mot (3)

Submitted by:
Councillor Derren Ó Brádaigh
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

That the manager examine all 'hilly' approach roads into Lucan Village, to include Lwr Dodsborough Road, Leixlip (R835)Road, Lucan Road, Lucan-Newlands Rd (Jet Hill) and Chapel Hill, in consideration for suitable seating at intermittent points to facilate older persons, parents with young children and those experiencing mobility issues thus promoting and encouraging active travel too.

Mot (4)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
John Hegarty

At the LPF ACM 23rd June 2020 it was proposed that we should apply to the NTA for some social distancing funding in relation to the below motion. This motion has been discussed and agreed many times. This motion now seeks an agreement to include this project in whatever funding programme necessary. 'Further to Motions discussed and agreed regarding pedestrian crossings at the two roundabouts on Esker Road and Hayden's Lane (marked out in photo) this committee seeks support and funding to install these improved measures. The area has seen an increase in footfall at these locations, a number of sports and activities have grown over the years, resulting in this high footfall. To ask that the Chief Executive includes in the report plans to be presented to the committee, bring forward costs involved and advise if this project needs to be included in any such programme.'

Mot (5)

Submitted by:
Councillor G. O'Connell
Responsibility:
John Hegarty

That the Chief Executive report on if the proposed Traffic Survey has been conducted on Kennelsfort Road/The Ovel Cell in Palmerstown and if not when is it intended to carry it out now that Covidi-19 regulations have been relaxes.

Mot (6)

Submitted by:
Councillor V. Casserly
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

To call on the manager to examine and repair road gullies in Johnsbridge Estate which have mostly collapsed on main thoroughfare

Mot (7)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
John Coughlan,Tony O Grady

That the Chief Executive provide a report on the various Capital programmes  road works programme for the Lucan area, to include ones that have commenced and expected timelines for outstanding projects.

Libraries & Arts

Correspondence

Cor (3)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (6)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts

NEW WORKS (No Business)

H-I (7)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts

Library News & Events

H-I (8)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Orla Scannell

Application for Arts Grants (No Business)

Motions

Mot (8)

Submitted by:
Councillor Shane Moynihan
Responsibility:
Orla Scannell

That the Area Committee calls on the Arts Section to pilot a scheme to encourage live music in selected parks in the Lucan and Palmerstown-Fonthill electoral areas at weekends.

Economic Development

Questions

Qu (8)

Submitted by:
Councillor G. O'Connell
Responsibility:
Thomas Rooney

To ask the Chief Executive if there has been any application made for funding from Central Government for outdoor facilities and/or facilities under the various Covid-19 funding.

Qu (9)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
Thomas Rooney

This committee requests the Chief Executive to report on number of businesss in the Lucan area that have applied for the out door dining grants, which are available under the governments Covid grants

Correspondence

Cor (4)

Submitted by:
Economic Development
Responsibility:
Economic Development

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (9)

Submitted by:
Economic Development
Responsibility:
Economic Development

New Works (No Business)

Motions

Mot (9)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
Laura Leonard

That the Chief Executive provides a report on the works carried out to date to finalise the Trusted documents for the sports clubs a Lucan Harries

Mot (10)

Submitted by:
Councillor G. O'Connell
Responsibility:
Laura Leonard

That the Chief Executive reports given that Central Government has recently allocated a significant Grant to Fingal County Council for the Silver Bridge, what are the implications for this County in relation to procuring the land on this side of the Bridge (considered premature when I and other members raised it recently) and if any contact has taken place between this County and Fingal as to the scheduling of essential works as per the Feasibility Report and that the matter be discussed.

Performance & Change Management

Correspondence

Cor (5)

Submitted by:
Performance & Change Management
Responsibility:
Performance & Change Management

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (10)

Submitted by:
Performance & Change Management
Responsibility:
Performance & Change Management

New Works (No Business)

Corporate Support

Questions

Qu (10)

Submitted by:
Councillor V. Casserly
Responsibility:
Brenda Pierce,Colin Clarke

To ask the manager for updated report on Tandy's Park and Airlie Park with particular attention to playspaces meeting criteria we have set out in accessible south Dublin to include but not limited to Wheelchair benches, accessible picnic benches, accessible and sensory play areas and communication boards

Correspondence

Cor (6)

Submitted by:
Corporate Support
Responsibility:
Corporate Support

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (11)

Submitted by:
Corporate Support
Responsibility:
Corporate Support

New Works (No Business)

H-I (12)

Submitted by:
Corporate Performance and Change Management Directorate
Responsibility:
Cristina Hurson

Proposal for the Area Committee Discretionary Fund

Public Realm

Questions

Qu (11)

Submitted by:
Councillor Shane Moynihan
Responsibility:
David Fennell

To ask the Chief Executive for an update on the repair works to be undertaken in Hermitage Park.

Qu (12)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
David Fennell

To ask the Chief Executive to update members on progress made to date on the pollinator planting in the Lucan area, what areas have signed up and to advise what level of interest is evident to date. To help create additional awareness of this plan this committee asks that a drone video clip/footage is carried out highlighting areas that have the pollinator planting implemented and the areas proposed. To ask that members are informed of process involve to request an area / location to be assigned for pollinating .

Correspondence

Cor (7)

Submitted by:
Public Realm
Responsibility:
Public Realm

Correspondence(No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (13)

Submitted by:
Public Realm
Responsibility:
Public Realm

New Works (No Business)

Motions

Mot (11)

Submitted by:
Councillor V. Casserly
Responsibility:
Maire Ni Dhomhnaill

To call on the manager to address tree coverings overhanging the footpaths at Finnstown Abbey overflowing onto Esker Road

MOVED WITHOUT DEBATE

Mot (12)

Submitted by:
Councillor Derren Ó Brádaigh
Responsibility:
Suzanne Furlong

Considering the success and usage of the skatepark facility in Griffeen Park, the teenage population size in Lucan and the projected overall growth ahead, to now request that the manager examines the existing skatepark with a view to enlarging this sporting amenity - furthermore that consideration is given over for the provision of a second skatepark within the development of the Airlie Park in Adamstown.

Mot (13)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Johansson
Responsibility:
Suzanne Furlong

That the Chief Executive investigate the possibility of a second skatepark in the Lucan area, there is a lot of young people in the area and with more expected in the coming years, particularly around the Adamstown area, there is a need for a second park.

Mot (14)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
David Fennell

That the Chief Executive reports if any further progress on creating an upgrade from link in Kew Park estate onto Celbridge road,R835 by way of steps/ramp following on previous motion discussed and agreed at area committee meeting in 2019. (See files attached)

Mot (15)

Submitted by:
Councillor P. Gogarty
Responsibility:
David Fennell

That the Chief Executive follows up on the discussion with Public Realm under Motion 21 in September 2019 whereby concerns were expressed about the ongoing wall breach between Mount Andrew estate and St Edmunds estate and the related safety issues for young children in particular - something raised several times through various channels in the interim - and takes whatever action in its power to secure the dangerous fencing and either close off the current openings as proposed by Mount Andrew Residents, or to provide properly secured and managed permeability along desire lines, as suggested by SDCC - either option to be implemented soon following active consultation with local residents in both estates; and if a statement can be made on the matter.

Mot (16)

Submitted by:
Councillor Alan Hayes
Responsibility:
David Fennell

That the Chief Executive, either alone as SDCC or in collaboration with the Irish Prison Service, present a plan to this committee that would enhance the view on the green space in Whitethorn Park where residents currently view an imposing high security fence and grey wall.

Mot (17)

Submitted by:
Councillor Shane Moynihan
Responsibility:
David Fennell

That this Area Committee calls for an inter-departmental plan, including the Land Use, Planning & Transport and Environment, Water and Climate Change Departments, to arrive at a resolution of the issues pertaining to the damaged boundary wall between Mount Andrew and St Edmunds, building on representations made by all councillors and deputations by residents in the area, with a view to repairing the wall.

MOVED WITHOUT DEBATE

Mot (18)

Submitted by:
Councillor G. O'Connell
Responsibility:
David Fennell

That the Chief Executive give a report on the number, location and condition of Biodiversity sites within this LAC and if any new ones have been added this year.

Mot (19)

Submitted by:
Councillor Alan Hayes
Responsibility:
David Fennell

That the Chief Executive give a commitment to install an Ability Swing in Waterstown Park playground to enable children with limited mobility to actively participate in play activities.

Mot (20)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Johansson
Responsibility:
David Fennell

That the Chief Executive provide enhanced protection for wildlife in Waterstown Park, including fencing around frog spawn and educational material (plaques/noticeboards) to inform the public of the need to protect wildlife in the park.

Mot (21)

Submitted by:
Councillor G. O'Connell
Responsibility:
Maire Ni Dhomhnaill

That the Chief Executive provide an update on the trees in Palmerstown Court Estate (in this years programme) and if he will agree that the trees (see photos) are out of place in a residential area and to indicate in the report when they will be treated.

Mot (22)

Submitted by:
Councillor V. Casserly
Responsibility:
Maire Ni Dhomhnaill

To call on the manager to crown lift and shape all trees on Griffeen Avenue, Griffeen Road to improve pedestrian access on the footpaths

MOVED WITHOUT DEBATE

Environment

Questions

Qu (13)

Submitted by:
Councillor Shane Moynihan
Responsibility:
Brenda Shannon

To ask the Chief Executive, and the Director for Economic, Enterprise and Tourism Development, as to whether or not they have a recommendation to whether additional casual trading sites have been identified in the Lucan and Palmerstown and North Clondalkin area, including potential venues for farmers/outdoor markets.

Correspondence

Cor (8)

Submitted by:
Environment
Responsibility:
Environment

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (14)

Submitted by:
Environment
Responsibility:
Environment

New Works (No Business)

Motions

Mot (23)

Submitted by:
Councillor P. Gogarty
Responsibility:
Joseph Bockarie

That the Chief Executive removes the bottle bank on Griffeen Road and installs an enhanced and securely monitored facility beside the Swimming Pool and refurbished leisure centre once the new car park is completed; and if a statement can be made on the matter.

Mot (24)

Submitted by:
Councillor Shane Moynihan
Responsibility:
Michael McAdam

That the Council initiate an annual electrical collection service/amnesty to allow people to dispose of electrial goods no longer required, on a pilot basis in the Lucan-Palmerstown-N Clondalkin area.

MOVED WITHOUT DEBATE

Water & Drainage

Questions

Qu (14)

Submitted by:
Councillor G. O'Connell
Responsibility:
Chris Galvin

To ask the Chief Executive for a report on the condition of the water in the stream in Glenaulin Park and to state when it was last tested.

Correspondence

Cor (9)

Submitted by:
Water & Drainage
Responsibility:
Water & Drainage

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (15)

Submitted by:
Water & Drainage
Responsibility:
Water & Drainage

New Works (No Business)

Motions

Mot (25)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
Derek Sargent

This committee requests that the Chief Executive provides a report on number of issues regarding flood, drain blockage etc that has been brought to council attention over the last 5 years. To advise if there is any evidence of an increase in same matter. Given the fact there there are plans to develop in areas around the Griffeen Park area concerns of any additional development in the area are given rise to potential problems further down the line.

Community

Questions

Qu (15)

Submitted by:
Councillor Shane Moynihan
Responsibility:
Paul McAlerney

To ask the Chief Executive as to plans to provide additional community space for communities in South and East Lucan and if he will make a statement on the matter.

Correspondence

Cor (10)

Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
Community

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (16)

Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
Community

New Works (No Business)

H-I (17)

Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
Community

Deputations for Noting (No Business)

Motions

Mot (26)

Submitted by:
Councillor V. Casserly
Responsibility:
Jonathan Hayden,Thomas McDermott

To call on the manager to engage with Park Run and Department of Health to work to support ParK Run restart whilst abiding by HSE guidelines.

MOVED WITHOUT DEBATE

Housing

Questions

Qu (16)

Submitted by:
Councillor Shane Moynihan
Responsibility:
Neil Hanly

To ask the Chief Executive for the number of empty housing units that are unoccupied in the Lucan & Palmerstown-Fonthill electoral areas, by duration of vacancy as follows: - 0-5 weeks, 5-10 weeks, 10-15 weeks, 15-20 weeks and 20weeks plus.

Qu (17)

Submitted by:
Councillor Derren Ó Brádaigh
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech

To ask the Chief Executive Officer to provide a tabular breakdown update on council owned properties due for refurbishment within Lucan, Palmerstown and North Clondalkin and indicating an approximate timeline for works

Correspondence

Cor (11)

Submitted by:
Housing
Responsibility:
Housing

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (18)

Submitted by:
Housing
Responsibility:
Housing

New Works (No Business)

Motions

Mot (27)

Submitted by:
Councillor Derren Ó Brádaigh
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech

That the manager undertakes works to remove the disused and sealed in Lane to the rear of (address with manager No.'s 85-95). This has been the source of much annoyance to residents, experiences regular illegal dumping and litter build up, is unmanageable in terms of overgrowth and is prone to rat infestation.

MOVED TO RE-ENTER

A-Z of All Services