Coucnil Banner Image

Council Meetings

Clondalkin Area Committee Meeting 15th September, 2021 Agenda


Date:
15/09/2021 15:00
Location:
Virtual Meeting
Standing Orders:
View

Headed Items

H-I (1)

Submitted by:
C AC Meeting Administrator
Responsibility:
C AC Meeting Administrator

Confirmation & Re-affirmation of Minutes of Meeting held on 16th June, 2021

Economic Development

Questions

Qu (1)

Submitted by:
Councillor Eoin Ó Broin
Responsibility:
Laura Leonard

"To ask the Chief Executive for an update on the conveyancing necessary to bring the Community Meeting Space in the Orchard Lodge Apartment Block, for which planning permission was granted eighteen years ago (SD03A/0271), into South Dublin County Council ownership and thus allow its fit out to commence?"

Headed Items

H-I (2)

Submitted by:
Economic Development
Responsibility:
Economic Development

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (1)

Submitted by:
Economic Development
Responsibility:
Economic Development

Correspondence (No Business)

Motions

Mot (1)

Submitted by:
Councillor Eoin Ó Broin
Responsibility:
Laura Leonard

"That this Area Committee introduce a grass cutting and landscaping maintenance plan the pedestrian lane along the Camac River between Woodford Walk and Knockmitten Park."

Libraries & Arts

Headed Items

H-I (3)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts

New Works (No Business)

H-I (4)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Liz Corry

Library News & Events

H-I (5)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts

Application for Arts Grants (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (2)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts

Correspondence (No Business)

Motions

Mot (2)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
Liz Corry

"That this Area Committee request that South Dublin County Council work with the Library Section to display a full-color, high-resolution image of the Clondalkin Fragment prominently in Brú Chrónáin and also a picture of Local deceased Historian Joe Williams."

Corporate Support

Questions

Qu (2)

Submitted by:
Councillor William Joseph Carey
Responsibility:
C AC Meeting Administrator

"To ask the Chief Executive for an updated response to motion passed at the April ACM (id #69996). This motion sought a response from ESB to inform the Area Committee as to structural defects or shortcomings in the Clondalkin area."

Headed Items

H-I (6)

Submitted by:
Corporate Support
Responsibility:
Corporate Support

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Performance & Change Management

Headed Items

H-I (7)

Submitted by:
Performance & Change Management
Responsibility:
Performance & Change Management

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (4)

Submitted by:
Performance & Change Management
Responsibility:
Performance & Change Management

Correspondence (No Business)

Environment

Questions

Qu (3)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
Brenda Shannon

"To ask the Chief Executive to issue a report that looks at a casual trading licence in Rathcoole Park and to ask him would he initiate any procedure involved and to ask that his report outline the progress and next steps involved and to outline the time frame involved?"

Headed Items

H-I (8)

Submitted by:
Environment
Responsibility:
Environment

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (5)

Submitted by:
Environment
Responsibility:
Environment

Correspondence (No Business)

Water & Drainage

Headed Items

H-I (9)

Submitted by:
Water & Drainage
Responsibility:
Water & Drainage

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (6)

Submitted by:
Water & Drainage
Responsibility:
Water & Drainage

Correspondence (No Business)

Public Realm

Questions

Qu (4)

Submitted by:
Councillor William Joseph Carey
Responsibility:
Suzanne Furlong

"To ask the Chief Executive for an update on delivery of the Astro pitch in partnership with Knockmitten FC.?"

Qu (5)

Submitted by:
Councillor T. Gilligan
Responsibility:
Maire Ni Dhomhnaill

"To request the Chief Executive to cut trees back on Woodford Road."

Qu (6)

Submitted by:
Councillor S. O'Hara
Responsibility:
Sean Redmond

"To ask the Chief Executive for an update on the playspace in Ballynakelly Newcastle?"

Qu (7)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
David Fennell

"To ask the Chief Executive how he can protect St Joseph's graveyard from further damage and anti-social behaviour.  Clondalkin Tidy Towns are looking after this area but need South Dublin County Council support to secure the site. Will the Chief Executive work with Clondalkin Tidy Towns to find a solution for this ongoing issue?"

Qu (8)

Submitted by:
Councillor S. O'Hara
Responsibility:
David Fennell

"To ask the Chief Executive if a park bench in memory of people we have lost to Covid-19 be installed each in Corkagh Park and Rathcoole Park?"

Headed Items

H-I (10)

Submitted by:
C AC Meeting Administrator
Responsibility:
Brenda Shannon,Sharon Conroy

Litter Management Plan Update

H-I (11)

Submitted by:
Public Realm
Responsibility:
Public Realm

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (7)

Submitted by:
Public Realm
Responsibility:
Public Realm

Correspondence (No Business)

Motions

Mot (3)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
David Fennell

Cathaoirleach's Business

"That this Committee requests that South Dublin County Council do a work schedule to keep the undergrowth around Alpine and Ashwood open spaces free from areas to hide and store illegal substances. The cameras need to be installed fully to help with the Anti-social behaviour currently being experienced by the Residents. We also request a copy of this Motion is sent to the Community Sergeant in order to patrol the area more regularly."

Mot (4)

Submitted by:
Councillor T. Gilligan
Responsibility:
David Fennell

"That the Council cut James Connolly Park beside (number removed) please. The kids keep grabbing the nettles."

Mot (5)

Submitted by:
Councillor William Joseph Carey
Responsibility:
Suzanne Furlong

"This Committee agrees that Council proceed with progression of tender process for development of St. Cuthbert's Park as discussed at St. Cuthbert's HLTF and to commit to opening up the consultation portal for submissions prior to tenders being received."

Mot (6)

Submitted by:
Councillor Eoin Ó Broin
Responsibility:
Sharon Conroy

"This Council notes the success of the 5KM weekly run known as a "Parkrun" in Corkagh Park pre pandemic. As the provider of regular access to Corkagh Parks for the event, SDCC has had a vital partnership role. This committee requests an update from the Chief Executive on the SDCC perspective with regard to restarting Corkagh Parkrun, noting that they are scheduled to begin again in the parks of some counties bordering Dublin on Saturday, September 11th."

Mot (7)

Submitted by:
Councillor Peter Kavanagh
Responsibility:
Leo Magee,Sharon Conroy

"This Area Committee calls for a proactive approach in tackling graffiti in the Clondalkin area and asks for a report on efforts to manage this problem to date."

Mot (8)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
David Fennell

"That this Committee requests South Dublin County Council to undertake an examination of the walls of St Brigid's well and to undertake any and all repair work that is needed, to look at the maintenance of the burial ground at the well and to also investigate the stagnant water at the well that is awful and to look at how this can be fixed , and that all this work is carried out in advance of The Brigid's festival on 1st February 2022."

Mot (9)

Submitted by:
Councillor Peter Kavanagh
Responsibility:
Suzanne Furlong

"This Area Committee calls for a report on the Corkagh Park Masterplan with particular regard to the popularity of the now-closed pet farm, to ask what plans are being discussed for that space."

Mot (10)

Submitted by:
Councillor Eoin Ó Broin
Responsibility:
David Fennell

"That this Area Committee introduce a grass cutting and landscaping maintenance plan the grass verge on the north side of the Monastery Road at the Castle Crescent shops.”

Housing

Questions

Qu (9)

Submitted by:
Councillor William Joseph Carey
Responsibility:
Brenda Pierce

"To ask the Chief Executive for an update on the delivery of cost rental homes in Kilcarbery Grange including the number of units, the AHB managing them, the expected rent to be charged, the criteria for allocation and the timeline for completion and tenanting?"

Qu (10)

Submitted by:
Councillor Peter Kavanagh
Responsibility:
Neil Hanly

"To ask the Chief Executive what is the current average time on housing waiting lists in the Clondalkin area and if he will make a statement on the matter?"

Qu (11)

Submitted by:
Councillor William Joseph Carey
Responsibility:
Neil Hanly

"To ask the Chief Executive for a report on the new system introduced by Council for choice based letting (CBL)?  How many persons on the Housing List have transferred to new system.  How many persons have successfully engaged with the new system to date? How many persons have failed to transfer from old system to new system.  Can the Council outline any complaints received regarding new system if any?"

Headed Items

H-I (12)

Submitted by:
Housing
Responsibility:
Housing

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (8)

Submitted by:
Housing
Responsibility:
Housing

Correspondence (No Business)

Motions

Mot (11)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
Brenda Pierce

Cathaoirleach's Business

"That this Committee asks South Dublin County Council to look at Part 8s that focus on step down accommodation and supported living accommodation to free up much needed housing for families and to ensure that supports are in place for those needing it. That South Dublin County Council work on a report of options and bring to this committee as a headed item as a matter of urgency given the Housing needs locally, (The report for this motion should include the needs for both step down and supported accommodation needs in the Clondalkin Area).

Mot (12)

Submitted by:
Councillor William Joseph Carey
Responsibility:
Brenda Pierce

“This Committee agrees that the Chief Executive should present a report at the meeting for discussion on the ongoing delay in the social housing development on the land between the Fonthill Road and New Nangor road.”

Community

Questions

Qu (12)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
Jennifer Moroney Ward

To ask the Chief Executive to consider what supports SDCC can offer a local Community Sponsorship Group (CSG) that have come together to support arriving refugees, Community Sponsorship Ireland has been developed in Ireland in cooperation with Global Refugee Sponsorship Initiative (GSRI), the Irish Red Cross, NASC, Irish Refugee Council and the UNHCR. and to issue a report on same!

Headed Items

H-I (13)

Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
Community

New Works (No Business)

H-I (14)

Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
 

Deputations for Noting (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (9)

Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
Community

Correspondence (No Business)

Transportation

Questions

Qu (13)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
Caitriona Lambert

"To ask the Chief Executive for a report into progress made to upgrade the area around Bawnogue shops and to provide as much details as possible about what may be possible by South Dublin County Council in this area?"

Headed Items

H-I (15)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Transportation

New Works (No Business)

H-I (16)

Submitted by:
Director of Land Use, Planning and Transportation
Responsibility:
Barbara Reilly

Proposed extinguishment of Right of Way to the rear of 1 & 2 James Connolly Park.

Correspondence

Cor (10)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Transportation

Correspondence (No Business)

Motions

Mot (13)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

Cathaoirleach's Business

"That this Committee asks South Dublin County Council that a footpath is installed from Drury Mills to Millbrook Nursing Home on Castle Road, providing safe road for pedestrians and enabling residents to access their community on foot. This should be in line with the Council's vision that people walk, cycle or use public as part of their journeys rather than having to drive. This is an example of a nursing home within a community which is not safely accessible in any way other than by car."

Mot (14)

Submitted by:
Councillor T. Gilligan
Responsibility:
John Coughlan

"That the Chief Executive gives an update on Woodford Roundabout. When will Management be back to complete the job? I understand the job is unfinished.

Mot (15)

Submitted by:
Councillor S. O'Hara
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

"That this Area Committee investigates the feasibility of extending the footpath along the Castle Road, Saggart from Drury Mills to Millbrook Manor Nursing Home."

Mot (16)

Submitted by:
Councillor Eoin Ó Broin
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

"That this Area Committee receives an update on the dialogue between SDCC and TII with regard to maintenance of the pedestrian and cycle lane that runs between the Red Cow Luas stop and the pedestrian and cycle bridge over the N7 at the Red Cow."

Mot (17)

Submitted by:
Councillor T. Gilligan
Responsibility:
John Hegarty

"That the Chief Executive presents a full report at this meeting in relation to traffic management at Ninth Lock Road, Canal route intersection."

Mot (18)

Submitted by:
Councillor Eoin Ó Broin
Responsibility:
John Hegarty

"That this Area Committee receives an update on the dialogue between South Dublin County Council  and (name removed) with regard to the taking in charge of the Peyton Housing Estate in Rathcoole."

Mot (19)

Submitted by:
Councillor S. O'Hara
Responsibility:
John Hegarty

'That this Area Committee requests that the Department of Land Use, Planning and Transportation commits to meeting with and working with Saggart Village Residents Association to assist in resolving the issue of incorrect road naming of specific roads in Saggart in the Roads Schedule and hence on the road signage in Saggart Village."

Planning

Questions

Qu (14)

Submitted by:
Councillor K. Egan
Responsibility:
Janice O'Toole

"That this Area Committee asks the Chief Executive to give a detailed reply on Application SD18A/0291 by Oranmore Investments at San Jose, New Road, Clondalkin was refused permission and yet the developer ignored the decision and has completed the development as he proposed and advertised it for non-residential use. What enforcement decision has South Dublin County Council decided on and what is it to date. Also, what are the stages and timelines to carry out the enforcement."

Qu (15)

Submitted by:
Councillor S. O'Hara
Responsibility:
Eoin Burke

To ask the Chief Executive for clarification regarding the LADP (local area development plan) policy H22, where it is stated that the building of a house in a rural area will only be allowed in exceptional circumstances and based on genuine economic and/or social need. Could he please define the term exceptional circumstances and provide some possible examples of what they would consist of, from both an economic and social standpoint?

Qu (16)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
Rosaleen Dwyer

"To ask the Chief Executive could he request that South Dublin County Council locate the recent Heritage Week short film " Clondalkin Tangible Threads " which relates the story of the Clondalkin lace makers who worked on the lace designs for the famous Irish dress designer Sybil Connolly from the 50's to the 70's into Brú Chrónáin Heritage Centre especially as the work began in the very rooms of the house where Brú Chrónáin is located now and to issue a report on same?"

Headed Items

H-I (17)

Submitted by:
Planning
Responsibility:
Planning

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (11)

Submitted by:
Planning
Responsibility:
Planning

Correspondence (No Business)

A-Z of All Services