Coucnil Banner Image

Council Meetings

27th September 2021 Tallaght Area Committee Meeting Agenda


Date:
27/09/2021 15:00
Location:
Virtual Meeting
Standing Orders:
View

Headed Items

H-I (1)

Submitted by:
Housing Administration
Responsibility:
Housing Administration

Minutes from Tallaght Area Committee Meeting 28th June 2021

Economic Development

Questions

Qu (1)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
Laura Leonard

To ask the CEO to confirm the schedule now being followed in respect of plans for the fourth Stand at Tallaght Stadium and will he give details of recent contacts with Shamrock Rovers regarding the matter and will he make a statement? Charlie O'Connor

Qu (2)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
Laura Leonard

"To ask the CEO if he is progressing plans to develop a Heritage Centre in Tallaght; if he proposes to initiate a feasibility study in respect of the matter and will he make a statement?".

Motions

Mot (1)

Submitted by:
Councillor Liam Sinclair
Responsibility:
Laura Leonard

Following a successful campaign from local residents that this council begin exploring all options for taking the lands that act as a green buffer between Tallaght and Clondalkin, known locally as Whitehall or the Farmer's field, into public ownership with a view to opening it up for public, managing for carbon capture and biodiversity.

Libraries & Arts

Questions

Qu (3)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
Liz Corry

"To ask the CEO to update the Committee on plans for a new Library at Citywest and will he appreciate the demand of the Citywest community that their Library be provided in Citywest as indicated in the LAP and will he make a statement?"

Headed Items

H-I (2)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Liz Corry

Application for Arts Grants

H-I (3)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Liz Corry

Library News & Events

H-I (4)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
 

New Works 

Correspondence

Cor (1)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts

Correspondence

Corporate Support

Questions

Qu (4)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
Cristina Hurson

"To ask the CEO to confirm contacts he has had with the Minister for Housing, Local Government and Heritage with regard to the issues which are now preventing the go ahead of the proposed Plebiscite to change the name of Brookmount, Tallaght to Brookmount Drive, Tallaght and will he give assurances and make a statement?".

Qu (5)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
Niall Noonan

"To ask the CEO to provide full details of plans for the €300K Have Your Say in Tallaght Central and will he confirm the schedule to be followed in the matter and make a statement?".

Headed Items

H-I (5)

Submitted by:
Corporate Support
Responsibility:
Corporate Support

New works

Correspondence

Cor (2)

Submitted by:
Corporate Support
Responsibility:
Corporate Support

Correspondence

Motions

Mot (2)

Submitted by:
Councillor K. Mahon
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech

"Recent survey work has seen the issue of crack cocaine use in the Tallaght area publicised in national media. Despite the sensationalism by sections of national media and accepting the issue is in no way limited to Tallaght we regard this as a useful mapping exercise, a reflection of knowledge and experience of workers within our communities and an issue that cannot be allowed to spiral any further. This Area Committee will write to the Minister for Health Stephen Donnelly, Minister of State for Drugs Policy Frank Feighan, and other relevant departments requesting a clear outline of what additional funding and personnel are to be provided to local drug service providers to deal with these issues and how that funding is to be allocated to front line service providers? If agreed a draft letter can be circulated among Councillors".

Performance & Change Management

Headed Items

H-I (6)

Submitted by:
Performance & Change Management
Responsibility:
Performance & Change Management

New works

Correspondence

Cor (3)

Submitted by:
Performance & Change Management
Responsibility:
Performance & Change Management

Correspondence

Environment

Questions

Qu (6)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
Sharon Conroy

"To ask the CEO will he confirm when the Old Bawn Sports Pavilion will now be open to local groups; what plans has he got to promote the availability of these new facilities and in reporting will he also give assurances that the security of the facility and it's surrounds are being given special attention and will he make a statement?".

Qu (7)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
Sharon Conroy

"To ask the CEO what actions are being taken to deal with the 4 vacant and derelict houses in St Maelruan's Park which are the source of much concern to the local community and will he make a statement?".

Headed Items

H-I (7)

Submitted by:
Environment
Responsibility:
Brenda Shannon

Litter Management Plan Update

H-I (8)

Submitted by:
Environment
Responsibility:
Environment

New works

Correspondence

Cor (4)

Submitted by:
Environment
Responsibility:
Environment

Correspondence

Motions

Mot (3)

Submitted by:
Councillor T. Costello
Responsibility:
Sharon Conroy

"To ask the manager what steps have been taken to secure the bungalows on the Old Bawn Road 10 & 11. They have been a target for anti social behaviour and following the recent fire at the bungalow on Bradys Field it is important that a repeat of this occurance doesn't happen at this vunerable site".

Water & Drainage

Headed Items

H-I (9)

Submitted by:
Water & Drainage
Responsibility:
Water & Drainage

New works

Correspondence

Cor (5)

Submitted by:
Water & Drainage
Responsibility:
Water & Drainage

Correspondence

Public Realm

Questions

Qu (8)

Submitted by:
Councillor Baby Pereppadan
Responsibility:
Maire Ni Dhomhnaill

"To ask the chief executive whether the plantation of trees at Fortunestown Way (Tallaght Leisure to Lidl, Fortunestown Way) has been added to the Autumn/Winter 2021 planting season and an update regarding when the trees can be planted?".

Qu (9)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. Whelan
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

"With regard to members rep ID 1238975, commitments were given from the council that this would be included in the public works realm, will the council confirm are there plans to implement this or can you confirm the current status. This is a safety concern for young families in Árd Mór. The green space should be a safe area for children to play"?

Headed Items

H-I (10)

Submitted by:
Public Realm
Responsibility:
Public Realm

New works

Correspondence

Cor (6)

Submitted by:
Public Realm
Responsibility:
Public Realm

Correspondence

Motions

Mot (4)

Submitted by:
Councillor T. Costello
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

To ask the CEO to discuss what safety measures have been put in place for Tallaght for Halloween.

Mot (5)

Submitted by:
Councillor T. Costello
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

To ask the manager to discuss and agree a solution to improve the anti social behaviour under the red bridge in the dodder.

Mot (6)

Submitted by:
Councillor T. Costello
Responsibility:
Suzanne Furlong

"To ask the manager to discuss what options are open to St Kevins/ Killians in relation to them getting proper facilities at their pitches in Kilnamanagh. The lack of changing rooms and toilets is a huge issue for this long standing Tallaght club."

Mot (7)

Submitted by:
Councillor Liam Sinclair
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

"That this council identify a spot in Ballymount Park for the planting of additional pollinator friendly flowers and commence this planting at the next available planting season".

Mot (8)

Submitted by:
Councillor K. Mahon
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

"This Area Committee calls for the immediate adding of Jobstown Stream to the pollinator programme with any grass cutting to be limited to a green area that allows for play at the bottom of Cloonmore Estate or similarly obvious areas. The attached pictures show the area on June 20th 2021, and on June 28th 2021. They were taken at organised community clean ups involving Jobstown Stream Action Group, Dodder Action, and Litter Mugs, assisted with equipment and paint and collections by SDCC Estate Management. The cutting off the developing ecology by the stream and the poor condition grass was left in both are clearly out of line with SDCC's stated policy and the need for climate action". 

Mot (9)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Duff
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

That this Area Committee calls on the Manager to inspect and clear up the overgrowth, thistles and weeds along the pathway from 69 Castle Park to the rear gate of Scoil Aonghusa. The rear walls of most of the houses had murals painted on them by local school children in conjunction with Foraige and with the height of the weeds most of the murals are obscured.

Mot (10)

Submitted by:
Councillor K. Mahon
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

"Following on from previous representations on Membersnet and calls from local residents can the Council please take action to resolve the overgrowth at the rear if houses at the green at the western end of Glenview Park Tallaght. Improved approach to grass cutting is needed as well as the cutting back of ivy etc that is coming into residents gardens Please see attached photos. Can management confirm that this work will be undertaken and give a timeframe?".

Housing

Questions

Qu (10)

Submitted by:
Councillor K. Mahon
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech

"South Dublin County Council management should outline clearly to Councillors (in camera if necessary) whether it is aware of the identified locations and the steps being taken on their part to provide additional interventions and supports to service providers and to abusive substance users, to ensure that any local authority tenancies that enable the distribution of these substances are stabilised and that those vulnerable and the wider community are protected?".

Qu (11)

Submitted by:
Councillor T. Costello
Responsibility:
Neil Hanly

"To ask the manager what is the average waiting time for people on the housing transfer list in Tallaght?".

Qu (12)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
Brenda Pierce

"To ask the CEO to give assurances that he is taking action to effectively secure the site of the recently damaged vacant house at Brady's Field on Old Bawn Road which is now the subject of regular trespass and anti-social behavior and in reporting will he also confirm the schedule now being followed in respect of the proposed housing development for over 55s and make a statement?".

Headed Items

H-I (11)

Submitted by:
Housing Administration
Responsibility:
Brenda Pierce

Housing Supply Report quarterly

H-I (12)

Submitted by:
Housing Administration
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech

Anti-Social Quarterly Statistics 2021

H-I (13)

Submitted by:
Housing Administration
Responsibility:
Housing Administration

New works

Correspondence

Cor (7)

Submitted by:
Housing Administration
Responsibility:
Housing Administration

Correspondence

Motions

Mot (11)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Duff
Responsibility:
Neil Hanly

That this Area Committee calls on the Manager to carry out an urgent inspection of Mount Seskin Court in Killinarden as to the suitability for family living and the quality of life in any of the SDCC units held there and issue a report to this Committee. Following on from representations received from a family who were offered a property there, without having expressed an interest in the property, and upon visual inspection, they sent us photographs and videos of what can only be described as a modern day tenement. Waterlogged walkways, filthy walls, a daily view from the unit of the rear storage and waste areas of local retail units.

Community

Questions

Qu (13)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
Jennifer Moroney Ward

"To ask the CEO if he can now report progress on plans to provide the long awaited Community Centre at Citywest; will he detail contacts he has make in the matter and make a statement?".

Headed Items

H-I (14)

Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
 

Deputations (No business)

H-I (15)

Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
Community

New works

Correspondence

Cor (8)

Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
Community

Correspondence

Motions

Mot (12)

Submitted by:
Councillor K. Mahon
Responsibility:
Jennifer Moroney Ward

"As agreed at previous Tallaght ACM meetings this area Committee requests an update from management on all options regarding the provision of a Council community Facility in the City West Area. Potential options raised already have included the use of CPO's, reports on any available Council land, the provision of an Intergenerational Facility similar to the agreed facility for Tymon Park".

Transportation

Questions

Qu (14)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
John Hegarty

"To ask the CEO to now confirm plans for the provision of "Welcome to Tallaght" signs at each entry point to Tallaght as previously discussed and will he state when he expects to bring these proposals to the Tallaght Area Committee and make a statement?"

Headed Items

H-I (16)

Submitted by:
Landuse Planning & Transportation
Responsibility:
Barbara Reilly

Proposed Extinguishment of Public Right of Way- Lands at Castle Tymon Shopping Centre

H-I (17)

Submitted by:
Landuse Planning & Transportation
Responsibility:
Gary Walsh

Avonbeg Road Scheme update

H-I (18)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Transportation

New works

Correspondence

Cor (9)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Transportation

Correspondence

Planning

Questions

Qu (15)

Submitted by:
Councillor K. Mahon
Responsibility:
Mary Maguire

"There are an estimated 1,546 properties in the Tallaght area under ownership of  companies that specialise in the provision of rental accommodation for profit . What direct income does the Council receive from corporations of this type?".

Headed Items

H-I (19)

Submitted by:
Planning
Responsibility:
Planning

New works

Correspondence

Cor (10)

Submitted by:
Planning
Responsibility:
Planning

Correspondence

A-Z of All Services