Coucnil Banner Image

Council Meetings

September 2021 Lucan/Palmerstown/North Clondalkin Area Committee Meeting Agenda


Date:
28/09/2021 15:00
Location:
Virtual Meeting

Headed Items

H-I (1)

Submitted by:
LAC Meeting Administration
Responsibility:
Laura Leonard

Confirmation and Affirmation of Minutes of June 2021 ACM

Economic Development

Questions

Qu (1)

Submitted by:
Councillor Shane Moynihan
Responsibility:
Thomas Rooney

To ask the Chief Executive for an update on the number of businesses in Lucan/Palmerstown/North Clondalkin that have been in receipt of COVID-19 grant funding from the Council since January 2021.

Qu (2)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
Laura Leonard

To ask the Chief Executive for an update on the status of land ownership issue on the lands of Griffeen Community College.

Correspondence

Cor (1)

Submitted by:
Economic Development
Responsibility:
Economic Development

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (2)

Submitted by:
Economic Development
Responsibility:
Economic Development

New Works (No Business)

Libraries & Arts

Correspondence

Cor (2)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (3)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts

NEW WORKS (No Business)

H-I (4)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Liz Corry

Library News & Events

H-I (5)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Orla Scannell

Application for Arts Grants (No Business)

Motions

Mot (1)

Submitted by:
Councillor Joanna Tuffy
Responsibility:
Liz Corry

That South Dublin Libraries will revisit the little library idea, that was agreed as part of the Have Your Say initiative, to provide a little library in or near Lucan village that is outdoors and accessible to the general public, such as one recently provided in Clonakilty in an old telephone box, recently.

Moved without Debate

Corporate Support

Questions

Qu (3)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
Sheila Kelly

This committee requests the Chief Executive to confirm on average how many items are submitted to this area committee a month. To calculate the the time permitted per each motion and average time allowed per each headed item, presentation brief etc. To consider this exercise without taking into account passing motions without debate. If this report could consider a comparison to other area committees and how many time's items have been held over to next area meeting and how often.

Qu (4)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
Sheila Kelly

To ask Chief Executive for an update on the invitation to HSE for a report on pilot carried out on regard to Speech language and occupational therapy into schools

Correspondence

Cor (3)

Submitted by:
Corporate Support
Responsibility:
Corporate Support

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (6)

Submitted by:
Corporate Support
Responsibility:
Corporate Support

New Works (No Business)

H-I (7)

Submitted by:
Corporate Support
Responsibility:
Cristina Hurson

AC Discretionary Fund Report

Motions

Mot (2)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Johansson
Responsibility:
Sheila Kelly

That the Chief Executive write to Circle K on the Kennelsfort Rd in Palmerstown to ask that they enhance safety at the exit to their petrol station. The entrance/exit was recently changed and pose a danger to pedestrians as the view when exiting for drivers is obscured by a wall to the left and there is a need for additional signage for drivers to stop and give way to pedestrians.

Moved without Debate

Performance & Change Management

Correspondence

Cor (4)

Submitted by:
Performance & Change Management
Responsibility:
Performance & Change Management

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (8)

Submitted by:
Performance & Change Management
Responsibility:
Performance & Change Management

New Works (No Business)

Environment

Questions

Qu (5)

Submitted by:
Councillor P. Gogarty
Responsibility:
Sharon Conroy

To ask the Chief Executive if more rigorous monitoring can take place at the land adjacent to the goods entrance to Tesco shopping centre, Lucan, beside the N4 pedestrian footbridge, as multiple incidence of garden waste dumping and other material has been reported at this location.

Correspondence

Cor (5)

Submitted by:
Environment
Responsibility:
Environment

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (9)

Submitted by:
Environment
Responsibility:
Environment

New Works (No Business)

H-I (10)

Submitted by:
Environment
Responsibility:
Brenda Shannon

Report on Litter Management Plan

Motions

Mot (3)

Submitted by:
Councillor Joanna Tuffy
Responsibility:
Brenda Shannon

To ask the Chief Executive to give an update about food vans with permission in the parks, including Griffeen Valley Park, and is there any criteria in the granting of licence by the Council, in terms of ensuring that such vans are not located too close to or in the sight of local schools, such that the location of the vans might be an advertisement to children to purchase the food, and if he will make a statement on the matter

Mot (4)

Submitted by:
Councillor Shane Moynihan
Responsibility:
Brenda Shannon

To call on the Chief Executive to explore the feasibility of other sites in the Lucan/Palmerstown/North Clondalkin LEA which could host a casual trading site/farmers' market.

Water & Drainage

Correspondence

Cor (6)

Submitted by:
Water & Drainage
Responsibility:
Water & Drainage

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (11)

Submitted by:
Water & Drainage
Responsibility:
Water & Drainage

New Works (No Business)

Public Realm

Questions

Qu (6)

Submitted by:
Councillor V. Casserly
Responsibility:
David Fennell

To ask the manager for an update on the upgrading of the Adamstown Play area

Qu (7)

Submitted by:
Councillor Alan Hayes
Responsibility:
David Fennell

To ask the manager if South Dublin County Council will undertake a comprehensive tidying up of the lane between the middle of Glenaulin road and Glenaulin Park. The area is very overgrown and the majority older residents who used to tend the area so well, are now unable.

Qu (8)

Submitted by:
Councillor P. Gogarty
Responsibility:
David Fennell

To ask the Chief Executive for update on the survey that was due to be carried out in relation to the proposed columbarium wall at Esker Cemetery and also to outline a timescale following drainage surveys for the limited number of new additional plots to be made available following our requests?

Qu (9)

Submitted by:
Councillor Joanna Tuffy
Responsibility:
Maire Ni Dhomhnaill

To ask the Chief Executive to give an update on plans to trim trees in the vicinity of Beech Park, and Esker Lawns and when the works are anticipated, and does this include any examination of trees that may need to be replaced?

Correspondence

Cor (7)

Submitted by:
Public Realm
Responsibility:
Public Realm

Correspondence(No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (12)

Submitted by:
Public Realm
Responsibility:
Public Realm

New Works (No Business)

Motions

Mot (5)

Submitted by:
Councillor Alan Hayes
Responsibility:
David Fennell

That the Chief Executive and An Garda Síochána agree an immediate plan to mitigate against the impacts of late night vandalism and other anti social activity that is regularly occuring in our public parks.

Mot (6)

Submitted by:
Councillor Shane Moynihan
Responsibility:
David Fennell

That this Area Committee calls for a headed item to be brought to the September meeting, outlining possible options to increase usage and decrease anti-social behaviour in Cluain Rí Park.

Mot (7)

Submitted by:
Councillor V. Casserly
Responsibility:
David Fennell

To call on the manager to commence pitch improvement works in Griffeen Park 2 due to the following issues: * due to overuse, pitch areas are bald * levelling works are required on pitch

Mot (8)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
David Fennell

That this committee request Cheif Executive to agree to replacing the existing storage unit facility currently in Griffeen Park (Hayden's Lane) as part of the car park extension and upgrade plans. This would accommodate many clubs and groups including Parkrun, Lucan Sarsfields,

Mot (9)

Submitted by:
Councillor P. Gogarty
Responsibility:
Maire Ni Dhomhnaill

That the Chief Executive confirms that the trees listed for pruning raised under various membersreps including most recently 1661825 will be carried out in early November as requested, given the original written commitment to carry out these works in or around June 2021, the oppressive nature of the cumulative growth in question; the delays in providing a response for an update to the resident concerned in a timely manner(irrespective of any genuine reasons for same); and if a statement can be made on the matter.

Mot (10)

Submitted by:
Councillor Shane Moynihan
Responsibility:
David Fennell

That this Area Committee calls for the piloting of a "Mobile Floodlights Scheme" in the Lucan, Palmerstown and North Clondalkin Area which would be focused on maximising the usability of Council Playing Pitches during the winter months.

Housing

Questions

Qu (10)

Submitted by:
Councillor P. Gogarty
Responsibility:
Brenda Pierce

To ask the Chief Executive for an update on the tender process and likely construction dates for older persons housing on the former Fassnidge site on Old Lucan Road, Palmerstown; to clarify that checks and balances are in place to ensure construction does not infringe unnecessarily on neighbouring properties, that boundary walls will be protected or reinstated; and if a statement can be made on the matter.

Qu (11)

Submitted by:
Councillor Shane Moynihan
Responsibility:
Neil Hanly

To ask the Chief Executive for an update on the number of vacant council units, and the time being taken to fill units on average and the reasons for the length of time taken to fill these units.

Qu (12)

Submitted by:
Councillor Shane Moynihan
Responsibility:
Brenda Pierce

To ask the Chief Executive for the number of Housing Adaptation Grants applications made in the Lucan/Palmerstown/North Clondalkin area this year, the length of time taken to process and complete such applications, the approval rate and how this compares with 2020.

Qu (13)

Submitted by:
Councillor Derren Ó Brádaigh
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech

To ask the manager to provide a report on the resumption of the window and doors replacement programme, what is the average waiting times and will additional resources be supplied to make up for lost time during the restrictions

Correspondence

Cor (8)

Submitted by:
Housing
Responsibility:
Housing

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (13)

Submitted by:
Housing
Responsibility:
Housing

New Works (No Business)

H-I (14)

Submitted by:
Housing Administration
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech

Quarterly Report on Anti Social Behaviour

H-I (15)

Submitted by:
Housing Administration
Responsibility:
Brenda Pierce

Housing Supply Report quarterly

Motions

Mot (11)

Submitted by:
Councillor Derren Ó Brádaigh
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech

That the manager undertakes works to remove the disused and sealed in Lane to the rear of (address with manager No.'s 85-95). This has been the source of much annoyance to residents, experiences regular illegal dumping and litter build up, is unmanageable in terms of overgrowth and is prone to rat infestation.

Community

Questions

Qu (14)

Submitted by:
Councillor Shane Moynihan
Responsibility:
Jennifer Moroney Ward

To ask the Chief Executive as to what Community Grants will be made available to encourage the restart of festivals in the Lucan/Palmerstown/North Clondalkin area over the coming 18 months.

Qu (15)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
Jennifer Moroney Ward

For the members of this committee we ask the Chief Executive that a report is given in regards to the future plans for the managing of the new lucan leisure campus. This is to ensure early discussions on what is needed by the community and what the council needs to implemented to ensure its management in way that gives viability but most importantly that the building of this new facility was pushed by those in the community.

Qu (16)

Submitted by:
Councillor Joanna Tuffy
Responsibility:
Jennifer Moroney Ward

To ask the Chief Executive for an update on any prospect for community buildings in the older parts of Lucan

Correspondence

Cor (9)

Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
Community

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (16)

Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
Community

New Works (No Business)

Motions

Mot (12)

Submitted by:
Councillor Joanna Tuffy
Responsibility:
Jennifer Moroney Ward

To ask the Chief Executive to give a report on the various aspects of the delivery of the Lucan Swimming Pool, including expected completion date, the expected opening date, estimated capital expenditure by the date of completion and clarification about plans for the delivery of public services there.

Mot (13)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Johansson
Responsibility:
Jennifer Moroney Ward

That, recognising the invaluable work provided by the Lucan Women's Network, the Chief Executive work with the group to help secure a premises for them in the Lucan area.

Mot (14)

Submitted by:
Councillor P. Gogarty
Responsibility:
Jennifer Moroney Ward

That the Chief Executive provides a timeframe for the reopening of the refurbished Lucan Leisure Centre, provides clarification that previous users such as the Naíonra and Lucan Shotokan Karate club are given first option for space in the future (as well as assistance in getting alternative accommodation in the meantime) and reaffirms that previously discussed long-standing clubs with large memberships in need of accommodation, such as Esker Boxing Club, be prioritised in any allocation.

Mot (15)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Johansson
Responsibility:
Jennifer Moroney Ward

That the Chief Executive, in the interest of the community and public finances, arrange for a council owned subsidiary or the council directly to tender for the operation of the new Lucan Leisure Complex and swimming pool.

Mot (16)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
Jennifer Moroney Ward

That this committee asks that Chief Executive revisits the requests for the council owned green building on Newcastle road, (next to Lucan Sarsfields) and to be included in programme for community use. A number of Motions have been raised and discussed on this issue for sometime and the question that needs to be raised here is why is it necessary to wait?, there is a deficit in community amenities and facilities in the area, could this site/building be fast tracked and utilised much sooner.

Transportation

Questions

Qu (17)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Johansson
Responsibility:
Caitriona Lambert

To ask the Chief Executive to provide an update on the installation of street furniture/seating at Neilstown shopping centre/boxing club as agreed at ACM in April.

Qu (18)

Submitted by:
Councillor Shane Moynihan
Responsibility:
John Hegarty

To ask the Chief Executive for a progress report on the Taking In Charge of Ballyowen Square estate given its commencement this year. See answer to previous question below. https://membersnet.southdublin.ie/Meetings/ViewDocument/71676

Qu (19)

Submitted by:
Councillor Derren Ó Brádaigh
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

To ask the manager to provide a report on the number of complaints of damaged properties due to the council carrying out footpath repairs, what was the outcome of such complaints and to give a statement on this matter.

Qu (20)

Submitted by:
Councillor Joanna Tuffy
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

To ask the Chief Executive for an update on the damage to the wall between Hansted Park and Hayden's Lane and has an engineer's report been received and when will works be carried out?

Qu (21)

Submitted by:
Councillor Joanna Tuffy
Responsibility:
John Coughlan

To ask the Chief Executive to give an update on the need to mitigate noise from the N4 into Woodville estate in Lucan. Are there any measures planned in terms of road surfacing improvements, noise barriers etc.?

Correspondence

Cor (10)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Transportation

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (17)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Transportation

New Works (No Business)

H-I (18)

Submitted by:
Barbara Reilly
Responsibility:
John Hegarty

Extinguishment of Public Right of Way, 200 Arthur Griffith Park

Motions

Mot (17)

Submitted by:
Councillor V. Casserly
Responsibility:
Simon Palmer

To call on the manager to install bicycle parking in Lucan Village

Moved without Debate

Mot (18)

Submitted by:
Councillor Derren Ó Brádaigh
Responsibility:
John Hegarty

That this committee agrees that the traffic calming measures put in place at the junction on Foxdene Avenue /Meile an Ri Park and also on Greenfort Gardens are not fit for purpose, have increased safety concerns and must be replaced as a matter of urgency

Mot (19)

Submitted by:
Councillor P. Gogarty
Responsibility:
Caitriona Lambert

That the Chief Executive reports on the long-standing delays with the installation of public lighting on the Paddocks Drive, Lucan and provides clarification, following the completion remedial groundworks, that this road will be prioritised so as to provide long-awaited relief to residents and reduce the risk of accidents - this motion to be forwarded on to ESB Networks for their direct response also.

Moved without Debate

Mot (20)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
John Hegarty

This committee asks Chief Executive for an update on the Lucan United project in particular roads/footpaths design, entrance/exit and the agreed proposal to consider access via Tubberlane

Moved without Debate

Mot (21)

Submitted by:
Councillor Shane Moynihan
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

To call on the Chief Executive to account for the delay in completing outstanding footpath repairs from the 2020 Footpath Repairs Programme, given the commitment to have that work completed by August 2021, and to provide an update on the 2021 repair programme. See response to previous question below. https://membersnet.southdublin.ie/Meetings/ViewDocument/71214

Mot (22)

Submitted by:
Councillor P. Gogarty
Responsibility:
John Hegarty

That the Chief Executive puts in place meaningful measures, including physical barriers if necessary, to prevent dangerous parking in Ash Park and adjacent to the Lucan swimming pool site by users of Griffeen Valley Park and droppers to local schools opposite, a situation which has worsened considerably since the temporary closure of the leisure centre car park and includes the blocking of footpaths and cycleways beside this road and in Ash Park and obstructing visibility at junctions, all of which puts young children at special risk; to outline whether additional safe parking can be made available nearby; and if a statement can be made on the matter.

Planning

Correspondence

Cor (11)

Submitted by:
Planning
Responsibility:
Planning

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (19)

Submitted by:
Planning
Responsibility:
Planning

New Works (No Business)

Motions

Mot (23)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
Eoin Burke,Rosaleen Dwyer

This committee requests that the Chief Executive provide a report to members showing what percentage of natural boundaries have been removed from all development /planning applications in Adamstown to date. With the removal of briars, trees etc how is this percentage working to ensure our biodiversity targets are been met. This motions seeks to have a discussion on the matter given there has been and continues to be non stop development in the area

Move to Re-enter

Mot (24)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. O'Toole
Responsibility:
Eoin Burke,John Hegarty

This committee recognised the many items /issues relevant to the a Adamstown SDZ and that quarterly meeting are held to address these. However one issue has become a regular one of late , the EV Charging points. This committee requests an update from Chief Executive in regards to the policy discussions currently being held between all four local authorities. And while we await the outcome of these proceedings this area committee asks CE what are residents to do in the meantime. We are planning new homes, numerous developments, and less private driveways, parallel parking spaces, etc , encouraged to be economically environmentally friendly invest in electric cars and residents are struggling to get planning permission from both the landowner and the council. There are charging points installed in areas which are not been used how is this design meant to work. This motion is on foot of the many queries I receive and representations that have been submitted.

Moved without Debate

A-Z of All Services