Coucnil Banner Image

Council Meetings

Clondalkin Area Committee Meeting 20th October, 2021 Agenda


Date:
20/10/2021 15:00
Location:
Virtual Meeting
Standing Orders:
View

Headed Items

H-I (1)

Submitted by:
C AC Meeting Administrator
Responsibility:
C AC Meeting Administrator

Confirmation & Re-affirmation of Minutes of Meeting held on 15th September, 2021.

Performance & Change Management

Headed Items

H-I (2)

Submitted by:
Performance & Change Management
Responsibility:
Performance & Change Management

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (1)

Submitted by:
Performance & Change Management
Responsibility:
Performance & Change Management

Correspondence (No Business)

Corporate Support

Questions

Qu (1)

Submitted by:
Councillor William Joseph Carey
Responsibility:
Sharon Conroy

"To ask the Chief Executive if he can offer an update on the request for ESB to provide this Area Committee with a presentation on issues pertaining to outages in the Clondalkin Area and any structural defects or shortcomings in the area?"

Qu (2)

Submitted by:
Councillor K. Egan
Responsibility:
Cristina Hurson

"To ask the Council to confirm the process in South Dublin County Council for licencing as set out in the Gaming and Lotteries Act 1956 and outline any changes being proposed or made to the licencing or regulation of Amusement Arcades in the county."

Qu (3)

Submitted by:
Councillor Eoin Ó Broin
Responsibility:
Cristina Hurson

"That this Area Committee receives an update on the implementation of each item selected as part of 300K Have Your Say in Clondalkin in 2018. See : https://www.sdcc.ie/en/have-your-say/past-winners/clondalkin?"

Headed Items

H-I (3)

Submitted by:
Corporate Support
Responsibility:
Corporate Support

New Works (No Business)

H-I (4)

Submitted by:
Corporate Support
Responsibility:
Sharon Conroy

AC Discretionary Fund Report

Correspondence

Cor (2)

Submitted by:
Corporate Support
Responsibility:
Corporate Support

Correspondence (No Business)

Motions

Mot (1)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
C AC Meeting Administrator

Cathaoirleach's Business

"That this Committee writes to the local Garda Superintendent and Garda Community Sergeant and invites them to meet with Elected Members prior to an Area Meeting to discuss the Garda response to drug issues in Corkagh Park, Cherrywood and Bawnogue areas in particular and provide a update on Rathcoole Garda Station and concerns around opening times and Garda availability and response."

Water & Drainage

Headed Items

H-I (5)

Submitted by:
Water & Drainage
Responsibility:
Water & Drainage

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (3)

Submitted by:
Water & Drainage
Responsibility:
Water & Drainage

Correspondence (No Business)

Public Realm

Questions

Qu (4)

Submitted by:
Councillor William Joseph Carey
Responsibility:
David Fennell

"To ask the Chief Executive for an update regarding installations that can prevent scrambler and quad bikes traversing between Westbourne Green and Lealand Green?"

Qu (5)

Submitted by:
Councillor K. Egan
Responsibility:
David Fennell

"To ask the Chief Executive for an estimate of the cost of repair of the fire damage done to the Viking Themed Slide in Corkagh Park Playground recently?"

Qu (6)

Submitted by:
Councillor S. O'Hara
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

'To ask the Chief Executive for an update on the construction of the Dog Park in Rathcoole Park. When will it be delivered?'

Headed Items

H-I (6)

Submitted by:
Public Realm
Responsibility:
Public Realm

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (4)

Submitted by:
Public Realm
Responsibility:
Public Realm

Correspondence (No Business)

Motions

Mot (2)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
David Fennell

Cathaoirleach's Business

"That the Chief Executive of South Dublin County Council agrees to use the existing limestone currently in storage in Corkagh Park for the purposes of heightening the walls of Mount St. Joseph Cemetery to the pre-existing height. In this way the limestone will be in character with the existing 'hybrid' material and also a new 'locking device' is also necessary for the interior gate.''

Mot (3)

Submitted by:
Councillor T. Gilligan
Responsibility:
David Fennell

"That this Area Committee request the Chief Executive to arrange to have the trees/bushes pruned all along the Fonthill Road, Community Centre side please. There are dangerous branches hanging down to the path."

Mot (4)

Submitted by:
Councillor Eoin Ó Broin
Responsibility:
David Fennell

"That this Area Committee introduce a maintenance plan for the plaza in front of the Clondalkin Civic Offices that includes but is not limited to (i) the removal of weeds and (ii) the cleaning of stains from the paving slabs, by means of power hosing or some other way."

Mot (5)

Submitted by:
Councillor K. Egan
Responsibility:
Laurence Colleran

"This Area Committee calls on the Chief Executive to suggest methods of engagement with the youth that congregate on evenings to understand why and to prevent reoccurrence of the burning of playground features."

Mot (6)

Submitted by:
Councillor William Joseph Carey
Responsibility:
David Fennell

"This Committee deplores the act of wanton vandalism that caused the damage to the playground slide at Corkagh Park and asks that the Chief Executive take action to secure the playground area after closing times and that this matter be brought to the attention of An Garda Siochana and also that SDCC commits to the repair and restoration of the slide as soon as is possible."

Mot (7)

Submitted by:
Councillor Eoin Ó Broin
Responsibility:
David Fennell

The reply to Motion 16 at the June 2021 Clondalkin ACM stated that the kissing gate at Cappaghmore would be removed in July. See here : http://www.sdublincoco.ie/Meetings/ViewDocument/70846 To ask the Chief Executive why the kissing gate has still not been removed and when it will be? 

Environment

Questions

Qu (7)

Submitted by:
Councillor Eoin Ó Broin
Responsibility:
Sharon Conroy

"Despite numerous Members Reps e.g. Members Reps. ID: 1659099, the utility companies that own the gratified utility boxes at the entrance to the Riversdale Estate on Watery Lane in Clondalkin will not clean them. To ask the Chief Executive what is the amount of the fine in euro that the utility company should be fined because of their refusal to clean the utility box?"

Qu (8)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
Sharon Conroy

"To ask would the Chief Executive look at Libraries running Stop Food Waste workshops in schools and in selected local venues in order to create public awareness?"

Headed Items

H-I (7)

Submitted by:
Environment
Responsibility:
Environment

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (5)

Submitted by:
Environment
Responsibility:
Environment

Correspondence (No Business)

Motions

Mot (8)

Submitted by:
Councillor Eoin Ó Broin
Responsibility:
Brenda Shannon

The response to Members rep 1628826 on 30/03/20201 stated that the Council are currently investigating the registered business owner of this building in order to write to them requesting they remove this graffiti from their building. Six months later the response to Members rep 165570 stated that 'we are currently awaiting Land Registry details so we can write to the registered owner of this building requesting the remove this graffiti as soon as possible'. That it has taken at least six months to establish ownership of 4 Main St., Clondalkin, without having yet requested them to remove the 'EDS' graffiti is a very unsatisfactory outcome. That this Area Committee receives an explanation for the delay with addressing the graffiti raised in the members reps and how this matter will be progressed."

Community

Questions

Qu (9)

Submitted by:
Councillor S. O'Hara
Responsibility:
Jennifer Moroney Ward

"'To ask the Chief Executive for an update and timeline on the completion of the urgent and necessary repair works to the swimming pool at Clondalkin Leisure Centre?"

Headed Items

H-I (8)

Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
Community

New Works (No Business)

H-I (9)

Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
 

Deputations for Noting (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (6)

Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
Community

Correspondence (No Business)

Motions

Mot (9)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
Jennifer Moroney Ward

Cathaoirleach's Business

"That this Area Committee requests that South Dublin County Council works with Clondalkin Tidy Towns to fund publication of Recycling Directory and to distribute this at SDCC Civic Offices and Clondalkin Library and other suitable locations."

Housing

Headed Items

H-I (10)

Submitted by:
Housing
Responsibility:
Housing

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (7)

Submitted by:
Housing
Responsibility:
Housing

Correspondence (No Business)

Motions

Mot (10)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
Neil Hanly

Cathaoirleach's Business

"That this Area Committee demands that the Minister for Housing, Local Government and Heritage initiates a full review into the protections in place for Homeless People and review all services that work with homeless and work with the Department of Justice and the Garda Commissioner to introduce a rigorous Garda Clearance Policy as to protect the most vulnerable people in our society.  We also ask that SDCC review each of the Homeless Services and Housing Associations they use and ensure they are fit for purpose. This motion follows a serious of allegations against a now deceased CEO of a Homeless charity. This motion should be sent to the Minister for Housing Local Government and Heritage, the Minister for Justice, the Garda Commissioner and the Director of Housing within South Dublin County Council for an urgent response to this Committee."

Mot (11)

Submitted by:
Councillor S. O'Hara
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech

"That this Area Committee acknowledges the antisocial behaviour in the playground at Aylmer Heath and asks the Housing Department’s Estate Management Team to report on what can be done to alleviate this issue and support residents who are impacted by this."

Planning

Questions

Qu (10)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
Hazel Craigie

"To ask the Chief Executive how the alien Invasive species, Japanese knotweed in the area delineated as Core Strategy 10 Rathcoole Specific Local Objective 1 will be eradicated along with controlling for other threats to the annex habitats such as garden escapees, anti-social behaviour and inappropriate land management practices and also to ask the Chief Executive to commission an ecosystem services assessment of the area delineated as Core Strategy 10 Rathcoole Specific Local Objective 1, Rathcoole Park, and Swiftbrook/Mill Race Park?"

Headed Items

H-I (11)

Submitted by:
Planning
Responsibility:
Planning

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (8)

Submitted by:
Planning
Responsibility:
Planning

Correspondence (No Business)

Motions

Mot (12)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
Hazel Craigie

Cathaoirleach's Business

"That this Area Committee seeks clarification from the Chief Executive on the timescale and process for rezoning of the area delineated for Core Strategy 10 Rathcoole Specific Local Objective 1 and that the Council provides an opportunity for stakeholder and community input to that process."

Mot (13)

Submitted by:
Councillor T. Gilligan
Responsibility:
James Phelan

"That this Area Committee asks the Chief Executive to provide clarifications on the apparent discrepancies and gaps as outlined in the attached; Slide 14 and 15 Council Meeting June 14th Rathcoole Query for SDCC; referring to the maps presented in slides 14 and 15 at the June 14th Council Meeting which are publicly available at: http://www.sdublincoco.ie/Meetings/ViewDocument/70801."

Mot (14)

Submitted by:
Councillor Peter Kavanagh
Responsibility:
Hazel Craigie

"This Area Committee asks the Chief Executive to report on interactions with National Parks and Wildlife (NPWS) and provide any feedback received from NPWS regarding the ecology of Core Strategy 10 Rathcoole Specific Local Objective 1 / Rathcoole Master Plan/Rathcoole Woodlands, the zone of protection required and outline what the next interactions with NPWS will be and their objective."

Mot (15)

Submitted by:
Councillor T. Gilligan
Responsibility:
Hazel Craigie

"That this Area Committee seeks clarification from the Chief Executive on the timescale and process for rezoning of the area delineated for Core Strategy 10 Rathcoole Specific Local Objective 1 and that the Council provides an opportunity for stakeholder and community input to that process."

Mot (16)

Submitted by:
Councillor S. O'Hara
Responsibility:
Hazel Craigie

"That this Area Committee calls on South Dublin County Council Directors/Planning Section to study the habitat assessment report by ecologist Rory Hodd on Rathcoole Woodlands and its environs and take the findings into consideration in rezoning."

Mot (17)

Submitted by:
Councillor Peter Kavanagh
Responsibility:
Hazel Craigie

"This Area Committee requests a presentation from the Council or a suitably qualified organisation on the Environmental Liabilities Directive and its relevance to the Habitats Directive and the protected annex habitats in the area delineated as Core Strategy 10 Rathcoole Specific Local Objective 1."

Mot (18)

Submitted by:
Councillor S. O'Hara
Responsibility:
Hazel Craigie

"That this Area Committee seeks as a matter of urgency, all hydrological reports commissioned by the Council relating to Core Strategy 10 Rathcoole Specific Local Objective 1 / Rathcoole Master Plan/Rathcoole Woodlands given the critical importance of hydrology to the survival and ecological integrity of the priority Annex (Rathcoole) Alluvial Woodlands."

Transportation

Questions

Qu (11)

Submitted by:
Councillor William Joseph Carey
Responsibility:
John Hegarty

"To ask the Chief Executive if builders at the new primary health care centre on Boot Road have adhered to traffic management plans on this site. Specifically why work has necessitated the closure of footpath leading from Fonthill Road/Boot Road Junction that has caused a dangerous situation for pedestrians to navigate here?"

Qu (12)

Submitted by:
Councillor K. Egan
Responsibility:
John Hegarty

"According to people who have bought homes off the plans at the Alanna Homes Development 'Conerpark' on the Peamount Road in Newcastle, the delay with the Irish Water connection for their homes is that SDCC will not guarantee the property rights of an adjoining landowner over whose land a wayleave for the water connection is necessary.  Is this the case that SDCC are causing the delay with the people moving into Corner Park?"

Qu (13)

Submitted by:
Councillor Eoin Ó Broin
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

"To ask the Chief Executive for the name and address of the organisation that have neglected for at least six months to fill in the trench they created on Dunawley Way and which numerous Members Reps and motions have not managed to progress?"

Qu (14)

Submitted by:
Councillor S. O'Hara
Responsibility:
John Hegarty

"To ask the Chief Executive to investigate speeding through the Aylmer Heath Estate and asks the Planning Department to report on whether a radical Traffic Management Plan can be put in place in the Estate, given the constraints of the planning grant conditions and the fact that the estate isn't yet taking in charge?"

Qu (15)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

"To ask the Chief Executive for a report into the condition of footpaths in Rathcoole village (both sides) and will he address the issues of safety for wheelchair users and other member of the public at various previously reported locations? Will he give a commitment to have this investigated and any action needed followed up on?"

Qu (16)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

"To ask the Chief Executive to consider seating for Clondalkin village and how this can be achieved?"

Headed Items

H-I (12)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Transportation

New Works (No Business)

H-I (13)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Transportation

Proposed Declaration of Roads to be Public Roads (No Business)

H-I (14)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Transportation

Correspondence (No Business)

Motions

Mot (19)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
John Coughlan

Cathaoirleach's Business

"That this Committee write to the Garda Commissioner to ask him to approve the two CCTV cameras for Ashwood and Alpine along the pedestrian-cycle path as a matter of urgency so they can proceed and aid the deterrent of anti-social behaviour and drug use that is occurring in the area."

Mot (20)

Submitted by:
Councillor T. Gilligan
Responsibility:
John Hegarty

"That the Chief Executive install traffic management facilities, ramps, etc. after a recent accident at Old Nangor Road, Gaelscoil Chluain Dolcáin, where a traffic light was knocked over."

Mot (21)

Submitted by:
Councillor Eoin Ó Broin
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

"The response to Members Reps. ID: 1656195 on 20/07/2021 stated that 'The hedging referred to is growing in private property and South Dublin County Council is obliged to issue a Notice to the property owners in this regard. This process will commence following inspection and report from the Roads Inspector'. Three months later the hedge at Floraville Cottage on the south side of the Monastery Road which is blocking the footpath has still not been trimmed. This delay suggests that there is more respect for the rights of the property owner who has not maintained the hedge versus the citizens of Clondalkin who cannot walk on the footpath because of the hedge. That this Area Committee receives an explanation for the delay with having the hedge trimmed and a timeline for how this matter will be addressed."

Mot (22)

Submitted by:
Councillor S. O'Hara
Responsibility:
John Hegarty

"That this Area Committee gets a report on the proposed taking in charge of Aylmer Heath, Newcastle."

Mot (23)

Submitted by:
Councillor William Joseph Carey
Responsibility:
John Hegarty

"That this Committee agrees that SDCC should require the 2 major building sites currently under construction (Monami Construction) in Clondalkin and  provide a daily cleaning service along Convent Road to Fonthill Road and New Road out to Fonthill Road. (Please see the pictures of muck and debris from trucks)."

Libraries & Arts

Questions

Qu (17)

Submitted by:
Councillor F. Timmons
Responsibility:
Liz Corry

"To ask the Chief Executive would he consider Libraries working with the Joe Williams Archive for South Dublin County Council to look at funding the annual 'Joe Williams' Lecture?"

Headed Items

H-I (15)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts

New Works (No Business)

H-I (16)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Liz Corry

Library News & Events

H-I (17)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts

Application for Arts Grants (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (9)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts

Correspondence (No Business)

Economic Development

Questions

Qu (18)

Submitted by:
Councillor William Joseph Carey
Responsibility:
Laura Leonard

"To ask the Chief Executive for an update on the conveyancing necessary to bring the Community Meeting Space in the Orchard Lodge Apartment Block, for which planning permission was granted eighteen years ago (SD03A/0271), into South Dublin County Council ownership and thus allow its fit out to commence?"

Headed Items

H-I (18)

Submitted by:
Economic Development
Responsibility:
Economic Development

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (10)

Submitted by:
Economic Development
Responsibility:
Economic Development

Correspondence (No Business)

A-Z of All Services