Coucnil Banner Image

Council Meetings

October 2021 Rathfarnham/Templeogue/Firhouse/Bohernabreena Area Committee Meeting Agenda


Date:
12/10/2021 15:00
Location:
Virtual Meeting

Headed Items

H-I (1)

Submitted by:
LAC Meeting Administration
Responsibility:
Mary Maguire
Confirmation and Re-affirmation of Minutes of Meeting of

Performance & Change Management

Correspondence

Cor (1)

Submitted by:
Performance & Change Management
Responsibility:
Performance & Change Management

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (2)

Submitted by:
Performance & Change Management
Responsibility:
Performance & Change Management

New Works (No Business)

Corporate Support

Correspondence

Cor (2)

Submitted by:
Corporate Support
Responsibility:
Corporate Support

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (3)

Submitted by:
Corporate Support
Responsibility:
Corporate Support

New Works (No Business)

H-I (4)

Submitted by:
Corporate Support
Responsibility:
Mary Maguire

AC Discretionary Fund

Motions

Mot (1)

Submitted by:
Councillor E. Murphy
Responsibility:
Niall Noonan

Can the Council please provide details on the status of each project in the 300K Have Your Say programme for the Firhouse Bohernabreena LEA?

 

Water & Drainage

Questions

Qu (1)

Submitted by:
Councillor David McManus
Responsibility:
Derek Sargent

To ask the Chief Executive that an open waste water pipe on the road outside 36/37 Main Street Rathfarnham is covered to only allow water to flow away.

Correspondence

Cor (3)

Submitted by:
Water & Drainage
Responsibility:
Water & Drainage

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (5)

Submitted by:
Water & Drainage
Responsibility:
Water & Drainage

New Works (No Business)

Motions

Mot (2)

Submitted by:
Councillor Alan Edge
Responsibility:
Derek Sargent,Sheila Kelly

That this Area Committee write to Irish Water in respect of their lack of communication with Council operatives concerning water outages in Glenasmole, the most recent of which left a number of homes, including those of older people on the priority list, without water for close to 48 hours.

 

Public Realm

Questions

Qu (2)

Submitted by:
Councillor Carly Bailey
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

To ask for an update on installation of extra bins I previously requested and had agreement on along the Whitehall Road West road, and in particular around the Ashleaf SC, outside the McDonalds entrance.

 

Qu (3)

Submitted by:
Councillor Alan Edge
Responsibility:
Maire Ni Dhomhnaill

To ask for a timeframe for the implementation of measures to protect saplings between Grangebrook Vale and the Glinbury estate.

 

Qu (4)

Submitted by:
Councillor E. Murphy
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

Can the Council please provide an update on the programme of works in Public Realm? Can the Council please provide timelines for each project in the Firhouse Bohernabreena LEA and details of estimated completion dates?

 

Qu (5)

Submitted by:
Councillor D. O'Donovan
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

To ask the Manager to upgrade the roundabout at the entrance to the Stocking Wood estate in Rathfarnham with an appropriate planting programme.

 

Correspondence

Cor (4)

Submitted by:
Public Realm
Responsibility:
Public Realm

Correspondence(No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (6)

Submitted by:
Public Realm
Responsibility:
Public Realm

New Works (No Business)

H-I (7)

Submitted by:
Maire Ni Dhomhnaill
Responsibility:
Maire Ni Dhomhnaill

Tree Maintenance Programme

H-I (8)

Submitted by:
Maire Ni Dhomhnaill
Responsibility:
Maire Ni Dhomhnaill

Tree Planting Programme

Motions

Mot (3)

Submitted by:
Councillor Alan Edge
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

That the Chief Executive provide a timeline for the delivery of bins in Kiltipper Park and on Kiltipper Road.

 

Mot (4)

Submitted by:
Councillor P. Kearns
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

That this committee calls on the manager to investigate and make a statement on the ongoing anti-social behaviour that is occurring in the playground in Greenhills park. And works to find a solution as soon as possible. Local residents lives are being severely impacted and parents are reluctant to bring their children there because equipment had been fire damaged.

 

Mot (5)

Submitted by:
Councillor Yvonne Collins
Responsibility:
Sharon Conroy

That this Council liaises with the Rathfarnham WSAF Athletics Club to ensure that the floodlighting system in Rathfarnham Castle Park is turned on for the benefit of the club's Juvenile Athletes during evening training sessions in the Autumn/Winter months, and that contact details of the person/entity with responsibility for the lights are provided to the appropriate person in the club, to ensure that there is full communication in connection with same going forward as necessary.

 

Mot (6)

Submitted by:
Councillor David McManus
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

That this area committee asks the Chief Executive to plant a wildflower garden at the junction of Marian Road and Ballyroan Road in Rathfarnham.

 

Mot (7)

Submitted by:
Councillor D. O'Donovan
Responsibility:
Caitriona Lambert,Leo Magee

That the Manager clears up the green area adjacent to 113 Dargle Wood because the overgrown folliage is providing cover for anti-social behaviour, including drug dealing and illegal dumping. And installs public lighting in the area, to combat such activities.

 

Mot (8)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. McCrave
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

That this Area Committee supports the objectives and intent of the Green Flag in Rathfarnham Castle Park by provisioning timed lighting for Rathfarnham Community Athletics Club in support of Section 6 of the Green Flag criteria 'Community Involvement' and also provisioning same in support of the objectives of Section 4 Environmental Management for the park as well as Section 2 objectives in support of a 'Healthy, Safe and Clean' park.

 

Mot (9)

Submitted by:
Councillor E. Murphy
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

To ask the Chief Executive to provide a report on the implementation of the motions relating to the introduction litter bins at various locations in the Firhouse Bohernabreena area.

 

Mot (10)

Submitted by:
Councillor P. Kearns
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

That the manager issues a report on what progress has been made in relation to the preservation and maintenance of the remains of the church at the Spawell roundabout, the old sluice gates on the Dodder park walk and other areas of historical significance in the Templeogue area, as raised by me at previous meetings

 

Mot (11)

Submitted by:
Councillor David McManus
Responsibility:
Maire Ni Dhomhnaill

That this area committee asks the Chief Executive to ensure any branches of trees blocking public lighting along a pathway between the Willbrook and Fonthill estates in Rathfarnham are cleared, as darker evenings set in.

 

Environment

Questions

Qu (6)

Submitted by:
Councillor Carly Bailey
Responsibility:
Sharon Conroy

To ask for an update on the management of the laneways in the D12 area. There is significant weed growth, grafitti, damaged pathways and illegal dumping being experienced throughout all areas. The laneways were in bad need of TLC ever before Covid hit. It is vital that priority is given to this area over the coming months, including assurances of a cleansing schedule.

 

Correspondence

Cor (5)

Submitted by:
Environment
Responsibility:
Environment

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (9)

Submitted by:
Environment
Responsibility:
Environment

New Works (No Business)

Community

Correspondence

Cor (6)

Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
Community

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (10)

Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
Community

New Works (No Business)

H-I (11)

Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
Jennifer Moroney Ward

Deputations for Noting - No Business

Housing

Questions

Qu (7)

Submitted by:
Councillor E. Murphy
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech

Can the Council please provide details for the number of vacant homes or voids within the area covered by this ACM?

 

Qu (8)

Submitted by:
Councillor E. Murphy
Responsibility:
Brenda Pierce

Can the Council please provide details on the number of Part V's they expect to acquire from SHDs currently in progress in the area covered by this ACM, including timelines for acquisitions.

 

Correspondence

Cor (7)

Submitted by:
Housing
Responsibility:
Housing

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (12)

Submitted by:
Housing
Responsibility:
Housing

New Works (No Business)

H-I (13)

Submitted by:
Brenda Pierce
Responsibility:
Brenda Pierce

Housing Supply, Quarterly Report

H-I (14)

Submitted by:
Neil Hanly
Responsibility:
Neil Hanly

Housing Allocations Report - NO BUSINESS

H-I (15)

Submitted by:
Elaine Leech
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech

Quarterly Report on Anti Social Behaviour

Planning

Questions

Qu (9)

Submitted by:
Councillor Carly Bailey
Responsibility:
Rosaleen Dwyer

To ask the Manager for an update on the biodiversity project for Greenhills Park and Temple Manor estate proposed by a local community group. To ask if engagement will continue and any funding will be provided in Budget 22 for this very worthwhile project.

 

Qu (10)

Submitted by:
Councillor Carly Bailey
Responsibility:
Eoin Burke

To get a progress report in relation to planning enforcement file reference S8649.

 

Qu (11)

Submitted by:
Councillor D. O'Donovan
Responsibility:
Eoin Burke

To ask the Manager what boundary treatment is agreed between Two Oaks development and existing housing.

 

Correspondence

Cor (8)

Submitted by:
Planning
Responsibility:
Planning

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (16)

Submitted by:
Planning
Responsibility:
Planning

New Works (No Business)

Motions

Mot (12)

Submitted by:
Councillor Alan Edge
Responsibility:
Rosaleen Dwyer

That the Chief Executive carries out a biodiversity survey of all the green areas of Woodstown estate, Knocklyon, including the triangular wilded area between Woodstown and Stocking Well estates, informing and supporting the work being done by the biodiversity committee set up by local residents after consultation with the Heritage Officer.

 

Mot (13)

Submitted by:
Councillor Yvonne Collins
Responsibility:
Eoin Burke

Application for Tree Preservation Order On behalf of residents in Scholarstown Park and Darglewood in Rathfarnham, I would like to apply for a Tree Preservation Order in relation to the chestnut tree on the green between Scholarstown Park and Darglewood, as per the attached photographs. This tree has been here for many years, it is cherished by the residents and adds greatly to the area in terms of its amenity value, aesthetics and from the point of view of biodiversity. There has been so much building in the area lately with the associated loss of trees and hedgerows which can only have an adverse knock on effect on our local environment. The residents are keen to protect and preserve this tree. I support the residents in this and would ask that it be made the subject of a Tree Preservation Order.

 

Transportation

Questions

Qu (12)

Submitted by:
Councillor Yvonne Collins
Responsibility:
John Hegarty

To ask the Chief Executive for an update in relation to the ramps proposed for Silverwood Drive in Rathfarnham. The procedure to approve the works went to public consultation and the portal closed in or around the 1st December, 2020.

 

Qu (13)

Submitted by:
Councillor David McManus
Responsibility:
John Hegarty

To ask the Chief Executive to consider a pedestrian crossing between Fairways and Dodder View Road and provide a statement on this matter.

 

Qu (14)

Submitted by:
Councillor E. Murphy
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

Can an update please be provided on a motion passed in my name in 2020 which related to the implementation of benches throughout the Knocklyon area.

 

Correspondence

Cor (9)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Transportation

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (17)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Transportation

New Works (No Business)

H-I (18)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
John Hegarty

Proposed Declaration of Roads to be Public Roads - NO BUSINESS

Motions

Mot (14)

Submitted by:
Councillor Alan Edge
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

That the Chief Executive confirms that Conroy's Lane off Bohernabreena Hill is on the hedge-trimming schedule and that the hedges will be maintained, particularly the dangerous junction with Bohernabreena Hill.

 

Mot (15)

Submitted by:
Councillor D. O'Donovan
Responsibility:
John Coughlan

That the Manager installs a cycle lane on the Kilinninney Road, to facilitate school children cycling to and from local schools.

 

Mot (16)

Submitted by:
Councillor Yvonne Collins
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

That long awaited footpath repairs be carried out at Orchardstown Park in Rathfarnham as possible as the footpath has badly deteriorated and constitutes a trip hazard, particularly for the elderly and/or those with mobility issues.

 

Mot (17)

Submitted by:
Councillor Carly Bailey
Responsibility:
John Hegarty

To ask the Manager to install pedestrians safety barriers at the bottom of the pathway that leads up to Firhouse Educate Together NS or some kind of ramp to help slow speed of students exiting the school and heading to the Ballycullen Drive road.

 

Mot (18)

Submitted by:
Councillor E. Murphy
Responsibility:
Tony O Grady

To ask the Chief Executive to provide a report to this ACM on the plans for improvements and repairs to Cycle Lanes and Cycle Paths in the area covered by this ACM

 

Mot (19)

Submitted by:
Councillor D. O'Donovan
Responsibility:
John Hegarty

That the Manager reports on the barriers to the Dodderbrook Estate being taken in charge, outlining what steps SDCC are taking to resolve the issue.

 

Libraries & Arts

Correspondence

Cor (10)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (19)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts

NEW WORKS (No Business)

H-I (20)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Liz Corry,Sile Coleman

Library News & Events

H-I (21)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Orla Scannell

Application for Arts Grants - No Business

Economic Development

Correspondence

Cor (11)

Submitted by:
Economic Development
Responsibility:
Economic Development

Correspondence (No Business)

Headed Items

H-I (22)

Submitted by:
Economic Development
Responsibility:
Economic Development

New Works (No Business)

A-Z of All Services