Coucnil Banner Image

Council Meetings

18th October 2021 Tallaght Area Committee Meeting Agenda


Date:
18/10/2021 15:00
Location:
Virtual Meeting
Standing Orders:
View

Headed Items

H-I (1)

Submitted by:
Housing Administration
Responsibility:
Housing Administration

Minutes from Tallaght Area Committee Meeting 27th September 2021.

Performance & Change Management

Headed Items

H-I (2)

Submitted by:
Performance & Change Management
Responsibility:
Performance & Change Management

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (1)

Submitted by:
Performance & Change Management
Responsibility:
Performance & Change Management

Correspondence (No Business)

Corporate Support

Headed Items

H-I (3)

Submitted by:
Housing Administration
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech

Area Committee Discretionary Fund 

H-I (4)

Submitted by:
Corporate Support
Responsibility:
Corporate Support

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (2)

Submitted by:
Corporate Support
Responsibility:
Corporate Support

Correspondence (No Business)

Motions

Mot (1)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech

"To ask the CEO to write to the CEO of An Post asking for an update on the announced plans to close the Postal Sorting Office in Tallaght and to confirm what arrangements will be made to facilitate those residents who have need to collect mail from the sorting office".

Mot (2)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech

"To ask the CEO to write to Drew Harris, the Garda Commissioner, asking if he has made any decision with regard to the issue of the policing of Citywest and parts of Kingswood Heights being served from Garda Stations in Clondalkin and Tallaght and further ask as to why this practice cannot be discontinued".

Water & Drainage

Headed Items

H-I (5)

Submitted by:
Water & Drainage
Responsibility:
Water & Drainage

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (3)

Submitted by:
Water & Drainage
Responsibility:
Water & Drainage

Correspondence (No Business)

Public Realm

Questions

Qu (1)

Submitted by:
Councillor T. Costello
Responsibility:
Suzanne Furlong

"To ask the manager has there been a decision regarding the N81 Public Art Tender. Who is responsible for reviewing submissions?".

Qu (2)

Submitted by:
Councillor T. Costello
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

"To ask the manager following up on membersnet queries requesting either new bins or additional bins in public parks in Tallaght can you give an update on when there is new bins planned for installation and where new bins were allocated 2021 to date?".

Qu (3)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Duff
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

"Could the Manager make a report to this Area Committee, about securing the area behind the existing fence along the road at Tymon North Gardens, from the the rear of the new Castletymon Library to the footbridge at the rear of Scoil Aonghusa National School, by installing another fence alongside the Poddle river, to help eliminate dumping and more serious illegal activities?".

Qu (4)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. Dunne
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

"To ask the Manager for a start date on the installation of the K barrier gates from the entrance of Drumcairn that leads into Butler McGee Park that was agreed in the March Tallaght Area Committee?".

Qu (5)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. Dunne
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

"To ask the Manager to have the graffiti removed on the wall at the back of Kilmartin Estate that is on the R136 Road & faces Sheehy Skeffington Estate?".

Qu (6)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

"To ask the CEO if he is now in a position to arrange the long promised meeting with local stakeholders in respect of the need for improvements and development of Butler/McGee Park; will he detail contacts he has had regarding issues of concern in the Park and will he make a statement?".

Headed Items

H-I (6)

Submitted by:
Public Realm
Responsibility:
Public Realm

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (4)

Submitted by:
Public Realm
Responsibility:
Public Realm

Correspondence(No Business)

Motions

Mot (3)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Duff
Responsibility:
Leo Magee

"Due to another incident of a car being burnt out and causing a large amount of damage to the road surface and surrounding area, this Area Committee calls on the Manager to commence discussions with Board of the National Basketball Arena, regarding the installation of automatic opening and closure equipment on the main gates of the Arena Road, at the Castletymon Road entrance and to secure the pedestrian entrance, in line with closure of the adjoining Tymon Park".

Environment

Questions

Qu (7)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
Sharon Conroy

"To ask the CEO what arrangements are now in place to deal with the challenge of the Halloween season in Tallaght and will he respond to the calls made at our September meeting for particular action in this regard in Aylesbury, Kilnamanagh and Tymon North; will he give assurances and make a statement?".

Headed Items

H-I (7)

Submitted by:
Environment
Responsibility:
Environment

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (5)

Submitted by:
Environment
Responsibility:
Environment

Correspondence (No Business)

Community

Questions

Qu (8)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
Jennifer Moroney Ward

"To ask the CEO to confirm plans to hold Deputations Meetings; are there any applications being held and in reporting, will he confirm proposals to promote Deputations among community groups and give details of how to apply and will he make a statement?".

Headed Items

H-I (8)

Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
Jennifer Moroney Ward

Deputations for Noting (No business)

H-I (9)

Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
Community

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (6)

Submitted by:
Community
Responsibility:
Community

Correspondence (No Business)

Motions

Mot (4)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. Dunne
Responsibility:
Jennifer Moroney Ward

"Each Year the Fire Brigade are flat out dealing with bonfires due to stock piling additionally, they are a huge cost to the Council, green spaces are destroyed and there can be elements of anti-social behaviour associated with them. Many of the disturbances occur not because of malicious intent but can often be attributed to a lack of viable alternatives & our cultural & traditional association with bonfires during this time of year. As an option, this Area Committee calls on the Chief Executive to look at the possibility of hosting & facilitating alternative activities for our younger Citizens of the County 'specifically Teenagers' & to start planning to hold a pilot Halloween evening Event/Concert in the Stadium for 2022. This should be done in Consultation & engagement with Youth Groups/Garda Youth Diversion Projects; this consultation process could also be potentially used to form more meaningful engagement with youth who are otherwise disengaged from their community".

Housing

Questions

Qu (9)

Submitted by:
Councillor T. Costello
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech

"To ask the manager what process is in place to have maintenance issues resolved by AHB's if they are not responding in a satisfactory timeframe to tenants?".

Qu (10)

Submitted by:
Councillor T. Costello
Responsibility:
Neil Hanly

"To ask the CEO how many of the vacant houses in Tallaght will be ready for allocation in the first quarter of 2022 broken down by bedroom size and location?".

Qu (11)

Submitted by:
Councillor T. Costello
Responsibility:
Neil Hanly

"To ask the manager how many applicants are currently waiting for a response in relation to the Housing List application and how long based on all relevant information being supplied does it take for application to be fully processed?".

Qu (12)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech

"To ask the CEO to detail recent contacts he has had with the Fettercairn Estate Management Committee regarding issues of concern in respect of Fettercairn Estate and will he confirm actions taken in that regard and make a statement?"

Headed Items

H-I (10)

Submitted by:
Neil Hanly
Responsibility:
Neil Hanly

Housing Allocations Quarterly Report 2021 (Item deferred to November Tallaght ACM) 

H-I (11)

Submitted by:
Housing
Responsibility:
Housing

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (7)

Submitted by:
Housing
Responsibility:
Housing

Correspondence (No Business)

Motions

Mot (5)

Submitted by:
Councillor Patrick Pearse Holohan
Responsibility:
Elaine Leech

"The TAC calls on the council to inspect/investigate the mould problem in mac uilliam housing estate and issue a statement on the findings".

Planning

Questions

Qu (13)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Duff
Responsibility:
Mary Maguire

"Could the Manager inform this Committee as to when it is planned to hold the Naming Ceremony of the Jim Lawlor Bridge, in Dodder Valley Park?".

Qu (14)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
Eoin Burke,Irenie McLoughlin

"To ask the CEO if he has any contact in respect of the Katherine Tynan Home on the Green Belt Lands at Ballymount and will he appreciate the view of many that this historical site should be properly preserved and protected into the future as an example of Tallaght's history?".

Headed Items

H-I (12)

Submitted by:
Planning
Responsibility:
Planning

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (8)

Submitted by:
Planning
Responsibility:
Planning

Correspondence (No Business)

Motions

Mot (6)

Submitted by:
Councillor Baby Pereppadan
Responsibility:
Eoin Burke

"To ask the chief executive to keep the boundary railing at Elder Health Grove and Green, that is due to come down this month. Many residents are worried about drug-dealing through the current railing and they fear that when the high fence comes down, drug dealing and anti-social behavior will increase as there will be easier access for this".

Transportation

Questions

Qu (15)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Duff
Responsibility:
John Hegarty

"Could the Manager advise this Area Committee if there are any plans to install a left turn filter arrow on the Traffic Lights at the junction of Ballymount Road and Belgard Road to assist the large volumes of traffic coming from local schools and Newlands Cemetery to turn left onto Belgard Road?".

Qu (16)

Submitted by:
Councillor L. Dunne
Responsibility:
John Hegarty

"To ask the Manager for an update on the motions passed in the June Tallaght Area Committee ref numbers 71570/71568 where it was agreed that traffic & pedestrian counts would be carried out and brought back to this Committee? Can he also inform the Committee if any decisions has been made in relation to the unfinished traffic light & the Zebra crossing?".

Qu (17)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
John Hegarty

"To ask the CEO to confirm plans to deal with the Traffic Management challenges on Maplewood Road; will he appreciate local concerns that account should be taken of additional traffic generated from the housing building sites in Fernwood Green and Maplewood Heights and will he report on consideration of a Pedestrian Crossing close to the Shopping Centre at Alderwood/Maplewood and also the requested barrier at the top of Maplewood Park and may we have a general statement?".

Headed Items

H-I (13)

Submitted by:
Andrew Bass
Responsibility:
Andrew Bass

Castletymon District Centre Part 8

H-I (14)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Transportation

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (9)

Submitted by:
Transportation
Responsibility:
Transportation

Correspondence (No Business)

Motions

Mot (7)

Submitted by:
Councillor Liam Sinclair
Responsibility:
John Hegarty

"That this area commitee calls for the installation of crossing lights at one or both of, - The junction at Belgard Road/Cookstown Road. - The junction at Belgard Road/Ballymount Road. When travelling between Tallaght and Clondalkin one of these roads has to be crossed. There is always a green light for cars. A gap in the connectivity for active travellers in the county".

Libraries & Arts

Headed Items

H-I (15)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts

Application for Arts Grants (No Business)

H-I (16)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts

Library News & Events

H-I (17)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts

NEW WORKS (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (10)

Submitted by:
Libraries & Arts
Responsibility:
Libraries & Arts

Correspondence (No Business)

Economic Development

Questions

Qu (18)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
Thomas Rooney

"To ask the CEO to promote the job creation needs of Tallaght in the post Covid period; will he confirm contacts he is making in respect of the matter and will he make a statement?".

Qu (19)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. O'Connor
Responsibility:
Thomas Rooney

"To ask the CEO to confirm what actions he has continued to take to improve the condition and image of Cookstown Industrial Estate and will he present an update?".

Headed Items

H-I (18)

Submitted by:
Economic Development
Responsibility:
Economic Development

New Works (No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (11)

Submitted by:
Economic Development
Responsibility:
Economic Development

Correspondence (No Business)

A-Z of All Services